UK-based PLAY Magazine is the latest magazine to get their hands on Grand Theft Auto IV. They have an eight-page preview in their latest issue, which began reaching subscribers today. The focus of the preview - like all the recent previews - is multiplayer. There are no new screenshots, but there is some interesting (mostly minor) new details:
* Multiplayer can be accessed via your mobile phone during single-player. Select the 'Multiplayer' option and from there you can select game types and send invites out for your friends to join you.
* The host can control things like time of day, vehicle classes (specifically for GTA Race mode), weapon types, traffic, the location of the match, the weather type and choose whether the game will feature police or not.
* As mentioned previously, you can customise your online character. You start off with basic modifications such as sunglasses, hats, tops, trousers and so on, but the more you play the game, the more options you unlock.
* PLAY Magazine saw a random pedestrian spraying graffiti on a shop. Pedestrians have purpose.
* In DeathMatch its confied to an area to keep the action instense
* TeamDeath match four can sit in a helicopter non drives can shoot with any weapon
* MAFIYA WORK consists off you being given simply missions as a group and having to pull them off i.e. recruit people, doing hits or there favorite find and dispose of heads
* Team MAFIYA WORK is more competivive
* Cops n Crooks consists off one player being assigned as the boss while the other robbers protect him from the cops.
* Hangmans NOOSE is four players and consists of you having to prtect Petrovic from the swat from the airport to a safe house
* Free Mode is like single player with mates . Go anywhere do anything
* On customisation the more you play the more you unlock so experianced players will have more objects.
* Team Dethmatch is relentless, you cannot relax
* In HANGMANS NOOSE they tore down the runway in a bagage handeller shoot at the NOOSE- The writer said it was the funniest thing he has seen in a video game
* They saw an NPC tagging a shop
* A rocket destroyed the front of the shop
* TANKS! surronded them
* They played both versions and said theres no diffrence (Kinda wierd for Play magazine because they are usally really biast)