Submitted by TrendyGamers 487d ago | opinion piece

What Did You Think of the Xbox One Reveal Event?

Having just recently wrapped up this morning (or afternoon, depending where you are), the big Xbox reveal revealed the Xbox One – Microsoft’s next generation console that will be made available “later this year.” So, for this Ask PSLS, we look at what the competition did and ask the PlayStation LifeStyle staff: What Did You Think of the Xbox One Reveal Event?
- PSLS (Xbox One)

TrendyGamers  +   487d ago
Should've had more games, less TV.
Aceman18  +   487d ago
-1/10

wth

really there are people actually defending this conference? M$ will make easy money off you people.
#1.1 (Edited 487d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
Enemy  +   487d ago
4 > One
EVILDEAD360  +   487d ago
It was a perfect set-up for E3.

Both Sony and MS had reveals that easily could have been better, entertainment wise.

What MS did accomplish was getting the system out there, showing off it's capabilities, get the necessary announcements out of the way, all without having to wasting that same time doing it at E3.

Sony didn't have any knockout punches in Feb and MS didn't retort with any knockout punches.

Both, showed or announced first and Third party games. Both leveraged partnerships and both clearly are saving E3 for the big megatons.

MS played it smart for round one, it'll be interesting to see if both Sony and MS go all out for round two.

Evil
JokesOnYou  +   487d ago
I thought it was good, they unveiled the console, the controller is basicly the same with minor changes (Thank God, I love 360's controller), they revealed a new core IP -Quantum Break, Forza5 is day 1, they will launch 15 exclusives the 1st year, with 8 being new IP's...I hope they aren't mostly kid Kinect games, but yes I hope they have Kinect intergrated with core games like Quantum Break, they've expanded their dev studios working on games, powerful specs are on par with ps4, Steven Speilberg is making Halo TV shows, exclusive NFL partnerships, major third party support from EA and Activision, and don't let the fanboys fool you they are conveniently overlooking how smooth the 3 OS software looked= the media/TV intergration is by far the best I've ever seen AND ALL THIS will launch this year! -damm I'm excited.

Probably the only thing I don't like that I heard afterwards was that their maybe a used games fee....wont affect me I buy all my games new, but I have friends who cant afford to and this is just more nickel and diming consumers.

As for all the negativity on n4g, I expected as much I think a lot of it is fear of xbox brands growing popularity but truth is xbox one looks likes its going to be ONE helluva all-in-ONE piece of hardware.
#1.1.3 (Edited 487d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(8) | Report
mcstorm  +   487d ago
@JokesOnYou I have to agree with you. Ok Microsoft did not show everything off but what they did show was impressive. The new dash looks clean and the new gestures with Kinect look like they should of been with the 1st one. I don't know how the tv side will work here in the uk but it was impressive.

The controller looked good to and for me im a very big forza fan and to have forza 5 as a release game its a must buy for me. I was impressed by what Sony showed off at E3 but Forza is the game I like the most out of all games and is the main reason why I am now going for the Xbox one over the ps4 to get 1st.

There is stall alto we don't know about the ps4 and Xbox one and im sure all this will come at e3 but I can't wait to try them both they both offer something a little different this time round out of the box but for me because I have become very Microsoft at home having a 2012 server, surface and Lumia 920 the Xbox one fits my life a little bit more to. I just hope both Sony and Microsoft can get the new consoles out for £300 and if they do I could of been wrong about how well they will sell in there 1st year.

Also im not a massive fan of cod but the demo looked impressive to.

IM loving my wiiu at the moment and I now can't wait for e3 to see in full what Microsoft and Sony have to show.

On a side note I was shocked to here EA say the Xbox one was getting exclusive Content with fifa that a big plus for Ms as ea have been siding with Sony for 15 years now and 15 exclusives to in the 1st 12 months they are really starting with a bang.
Noami  +   487d ago
really awful i kinda dont like how it looks and they concetrated on things that werent games and they dint show much gameplay just stuff that just could be cg and lies so 0/10 and thous wooo and aplouds were fake
whoyouwit04  +   487d ago
I agree because maybe it would shut up some of the Sony fan boys on this site. the stupidest thing about them saying where were the games, is Microsoft said this event will not focus on games, but E3 will. I mean dam how hard is that to understand? bottom line if you actually look at the features that Microsoft showed compared to ps4 it is the more impressive console in my opinion. Now if they don't show up with the games at E3 then you people will have a valid arguing point.
marinelife9  +   487d ago
Don't one't
Insomnia_84  +   487d ago
Comcast goty confirmed!!
Wedge19  +   487d ago
I dunno... I think Dish had a better campaign! Though Comcast's multiplayer and DLC offerings were waaayyy better.
BitbyDeath  +   487d ago
Games were the least of its concerns IMO
Every horrible rumour coming true, now that's an issue.
EasilyTheBest  +   487d ago
So, show 30 exclusive games and a load of others then when E3 comes show all the TV stuff, is it?

Great idea.
GrownUpGamer  +   487d ago
"Should've had more games, less TV. "

mmm... what if they concentrated this event in letting you know the new stuff added to the gaming console world instead of once again show you what we know about what a gaming console do and then on E3 instead of spend time talking you about that they talk to you about games? You know that stuff that we already know what a gaming console is for.
NYC_Gamer  +   487d ago
I loved all the cool features but was disappointed by the lack of software
#2 (Edited 487d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
whoyouwit04  +   487d ago
wait for E3 then if they don't show up with the software I will be disappointed with you.
Wedge19  +   487d ago
It was just sad... you could tell that it was quickly put together and that they didn't have much to show off. Pointless facts (more computing power than the world in 1999), sports, the Today Show, Price is Right. Oh and I think I saw Call of Doggy in there.
cell989  +   487d ago
lol call of doggy
dbjj12088  +   487d ago
I, like Sebastian Moss, vomited repeatedly during the presentation.
Wedge19  +   487d ago
But, but did you see how excited that person was when they won on the Price is Right? Why'd they change the channel? I was watching that.
Relientk77  +   487d ago
My favorite part is definitely that the conference spawned Call of Duty Dog/Collar Dog

"I can poop around multiplayer maps to stop people from camping. Nobody camps on poop."

"I come with Xbox timed-exclusive DLC teeth"

"Who let the dogs out? Activision now does, on a reliable annual basis."
#5 (Edited 487d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
TrendyGamers  +   487d ago
Yeah, Twitterers were quick to snatch that one up.
MasterCornholio  +   487d ago
More games less TV
belac09  +   487d ago
dumb.
DevilishSix  +   487d ago
Rumors were true.
It's weak sauce.
No buyola.
Max-Zorin  +   487d ago
They should have focused on games.
ltachiUchiha  +   487d ago
I did not watch it, I was at work but reading the comments, I see a bit of disappointment in ppl but I honestly wasnt anticipating the reveal to be their big showcase for their games. If im not mistaken greenberg (sorry if i spelled his name wrong) stated not to expect their big guns until e3? The reveal today was prolly for the masses and part 2 which is e3 will prolly be more focused on the core & casual gamers. Thats what I think but for now seems like their revealing wasnt so good so lets hope they bring it to e3 because we know sony is anxious to fire back. Should be an awesome e3 folks. Cant wait.
#10 (Edited 487d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
Sarobi  +   487d ago
It wasn't the worst event in the world.. but it definitely didn't feel like it was worth hyping up about.
TheGOODKyle  +   487d ago
Pretty much the show in a nutshell

SugarSoSweet  +   487d ago
It sucked and why didn't you reveal the gpu power. It's because Microsoft was never interested in having true next gen graphics just an entertainment system. Microsoft sold out their no longer interested in games

The new COD game looked like crap
cell989  +   487d ago
More Games less tv please, I dont even watch tv man, I use my TV strictly to watch blurays and play games, why are the trying to make watching tv such a necessity? see what happens when you let greedy noobs develop a console, dammit!!
Belking  +   487d ago
"I use my TV strictly to watch blurays"

Then you do watch TV...lol
cell989  +   486d ago
no I watch bluray movies on my TV, but I dont ever watch "live tv" you know like Discovery or MTV whatever, you get the point, stop trolling
HeavenlySnipes  +   487d ago
Just finished watching it

It was terrible. They spent half an hour on showing us that you can switch between your TV and the console (who cares honestly). The only thing I liked about that part of the presentation was the Fantasy sports thing (because I participate in those myself)

I cringed when they mentioned that your XBL account will transition onto the Xbox One but did not mention any sign of reducing or removing the cost

The games they showed did nothing for me. (I did chuckle when they said they have 15 exclusives but did not show a montage at the very least so we can have our palette wetted)

The better have the best E3 of all time or Sony will very easily win this gen

Edit: Who watches TV like that anymore? I only turn my TV on to watch specific shows like The Walking Dead etc.. I don't sit there watching for hours as entertainment and don't know people that do :/
#15 (Edited 487d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
kingmushroom  +   487d ago
Disappointed and it just failed to impress me. All I care about is games That's why I'm a gamer, a game design student and im in a gaming website.

Did you guys see that Sony's Stocks went up, just throwing it out there.
#16 (Edited 487d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
izumo_lee  +   487d ago
Just saw it since i was at work. One word describes this reveal for me....

UNDERWHELMING

I don't care how much of a Xbox fan one is, even they should've expected more from this press event. To much 'non-gameplay' trailers that don't show much of anything. Too much focus about TV & non gaming features.

If first impressions are anything to go by, Microsoft's focus with XboxOne is the casual crowd.
NegativeCreepWA  +   487d ago
MS said before hand that the focus wouldn't be games, so I'm not disappointing,E3 is less than a month away and is a much better time too show them, so I'll wait to judge the games.

As for the console itself, I like the features and how the new dashboard works. It has enough RAM and blu-ray which is a big plus. It also has the ability to record game play, which was the feature I liked the most about the PS4. They also improved the already amazing controller.

I think they showed off a solid console.
Gamer-Z  +   487d ago
A lot of the rumors where pretty much spot on:

used game blocking (confirmed)

always on Kinect (confirmed)

DRM (confirmed)

Always on line (partially true)

No backwards compatibility (confirmed)

Focus on TV and apps rather than games (confirmed)

Also what I found odd about the conference is that not once did MS discuss Xbox one's hardware like they were trying to hide it.
#19 (Edited 487d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
kewlkat007  +   487d ago
It is what I expected..nothing more or less..We know E3 is around the corner. The Xbox just like the PS4 is becoming an all-in-one console where it does a lot more than just playing games.

This is the Evolution of consoles....get used to it.

I could say "well there wasn't much games"..but naaa, we know we will see more games soon. I'm more interested in gameplay videos anyhow.

The days of Hardware wars are over...the PS4 and Xbox one will be very ver very close in x86 architecture.

-The days of poor ports should be over.
-The days of "my console can do this technically" and yours cannot should be moot.
-Some last-gen weaknesses are now strengths for both console makers.

Now, I would like to see some games and learn about the major differences about both consoles technically, well you always need some type of parity between systems.

I gotta say, the Xbox one does look like it belongs next to your other electronic hardware. Looks sharp. The command features worked well.
#20 (Edited 487d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
josephayal  +   487d ago
it looks very simple,and might look good on a shelf
Wedge19  +   487d ago
I liked that what was "trending" on TV was The Today Show....
Z501  +   487d ago
more games, less tv. The whole time i was thinking. Isn't my remote quicker? Isn't this what picture-in-picture televisions are for? You're showing me stuff i already have in my living room.
ZeV  +   487d ago
Epic Fail at all ! Microsodt is dead !
maniacmayhem  +   487d ago
I liked it, it definitely shows the difference in features between the two consoles which is very important. As mentioned above it was already established that this event would not focus on games but by god at least a trailer like montage could have been shown at the end to at least give people who can't seem to grasp that this showcase wasn't for that a bone to gnaw on.

The snap/skype feature is really cool and is a definite progression from the original party chat. Could see that coming in handy.

As for Kinect always being on .. Who cares, it comes with the damn system.

BUT, now it has been established that used games will be played only with a fee. Bad move MS very bad I i am a huge Gamefly customer and I make it a point to stay away from games with online passes.
tigertron  +   487d ago
I'm not trying to over-react here, but if anything this conference has put me off the Xbox "one". It was just more bad news after the other. Only a few things were good about this: the Halo TV series by Spielberg (although he'll probably assume the executive producer role), the Blu-ray drive and the controller.
Harmonizer  +   487d ago
Sony had a really well-balanced conference with lots of cool new features, lots of games (and actual gameplay!) and tech info of those of us who likes that.

MS showed off lots of new features but tech info was really limited and next to no games with no actual gameplay.

Sony has all the cards needed to Knock-Out MS in Europe/Japan. They have more exclusives, all they need to do is to set the pricing right and release this fall in EU as well.

They might even win back some of their lost US market share because of the whole used games debacle and always-on Kinect.
MagickaEmperor  +   487d ago
I hate the massive size of the console, it's controller and its camera (I don't have the shelf space for it). The redisgn of the controller looks godawful - it's the size of the original 'fatboy' xbox controller but shaped like a boomarange, and looks totally uncomfortable for longterm play!?

I'm also not a fan of all this multimedia stuff. I have a computure and cable for television and Netflix and Hulu for Movies. I buy game consoles for playing games! And when I want to play a game, I want to turn the system on and play - I don't need a milltion apps going at once, and advertisements for stuff 'other than games' popping up everywhere. I hate having to sign in a bunch of times, and hate having to sift thru videos, movies, services and etc, when looking for a simple DLC or add-on for a game. I'm sorry, but the simplisity of the PS4 ecosystem, the small but ergonomical controller, and sony's renewed focus on gaming is what attracts me this time around.

Microsoft didnt even show many games, and through out the same out crap about a Halo/steven spilberg collaberation that's been meantioned time and time again since the early life of the original xbox!? Just remember folks, Sony's promised it's biggest showing of games ever at this upcoming E3 - even if microsoft finally reveals a bunch of games, sony will still have leverage there too.

I used to be a big Microsoft fanboy, and still enjoy my 360, but Microsoft finally burnt be red with this one. I'm sure alot of people will buy this system and love it - but I know I woulnt anytime soon.
#28 (Edited 487d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Gekko36  +   487d ago
I saw the event live and it was what I expected it to be. Brilliant, a few games with the rest held back till E3 and some bitching features that are better then Sony's.

Sod Praystation 4, I'm buying the XBOX One.
MagickaEmperor  +   487d ago
None of the features meantioned on the XBOX One where actually better - only different. Microsoft's features for the most part where driven in the direction of 'interactivity' and 'multi-media'. None of it will matter to someone purchasing a console for gaming exclusively. And say what you will about the popularity of LIVE - you still have to pay a premium on it, while sony's service if free.

If you're a COD-generation gamer, who nodoubt spends alot of you're young life/free time engulfed in mutimedia and music, then the XBOX One has got to look like the bitchinest fruit from heaven ever - because it finally perfectly wraps all you're intrests up in one device. But for the rest of us; the Xbox One only murks up the simplicity of actually just playing a 'videogame' quietly by yourself for an hour after you get home from work.
#29.1 (Edited 487d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
MagickaEmperor  +   486d ago
Hey guys: Did anyone else notice that when XBOX's President was interviewing the NFL Comissioner that the XBOX ONE in the background was SILVER!? Me thinks that must the Elite model - yes?

F1 2014 Preview - Mouse n Joypad

28m ago - Gale writes - "Of course, pretty visuals and nice sounds won’t make do if the gameplay can’t hold... | PC

Gargoyle's Quest II: The Demon Darkness - NLife Review

34m ago - "Although many people are familiar with the Red Arremers, the notoriously persistent enemies from... | Wii U

The Witcher Adventure Game Beta Review | RyattaReviews

1h ago - The forthcoming board and online game is actually pretty fun, despite being online only in the be... | PC

Hyrule Warriors Review - Guardian

1h ago - "Nintendo’s inability to furnish the Wii U with a steady stream of compelling games has led to it... | Wii U

Celebrate the new TV season with Filmwatch

Now - With the 2014-2015 TV season right around the corner, come join us on Filmwatch as we celebrate and give all you TV lovers something to enjoy! | Promoted post

Front Towards Gamer -- PAX Prime 2014: Interstellar Marines Hands-On Preview

1h ago - Zero Point Software attempts to bind stealth and shooter in Interstellar Marines. | PC