Bleeding ships won't see you through to the end anyway. The stages are long, they're packed with enemies, and a single hit will cost you a ship. Even on the easiest setting, this game is tough in that old school way, where you need to develop twitch reflexes and memorize the layouts so that you make the five ships and three continues you're given last. This game is probably tougher than you're accustomed to. Whether that's good or bad is up to you.
Unrelenting difficulty aside, Nanostray 2 for the Nintendo DS is a top-notch shoot-'em-up that will give you your money's worth.
- Intense space shooting action
- Sexy 3D visuals, trippy music
- 8 main levels, 32 challenges
- Doesn't introduce anything new
- Multiplayer is offline only
- Difficulty can be deflating