Submitted by doctorstrange 450d ago | opinion piece

Do You Think The PlayStation 3 Will Get a Price Drop to $199.99 at E3 2013?

As if you couldn’t guess what our Ask PSLS this week would be based off what we did last time, we decided to ask everyone the following question: Do You Think The PlayStation 3 Will Get a Price Drop to $199.99 at E3 2013? - PSLS (PS3)

doctorstrange  +   450d ago
Drop it like it's hot.
Maddens Raiders  +   450d ago
Sony got the "one up" bug exampled by rolling out the PS4 and announcing a new Gran Turismo for this year, so with that said, anything's possible.
#1.1 (Edited 450d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
cayleee  +   450d ago
Well they should give it a price drop now that people will need to keep re buying the PS3 along with the PS2 just so they can maintain BC. All that along with having a PS4, which too would need to be replaced in case of failure. I would think PS3 would need a drastic price cut.

This is specially true for people who would like to maintain their full library of PS games, maintaining 3 consoles cant be cheap.
#1.2 (Edited 450d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(11) | Report | Reply
ABizzel1  +   450d ago
A better question is will it ever hit $99, considering Cell and Blu Ray prices.
showtimefolks  +   450d ago
i believe a price cut will come for fall not sure if sony will do it at E3

also a Uncharted Bundle
GOD OF WAR bundle

should be made available to get both series more sales and give people incentive to buy ps3, maybe a $249 bundle with all 3 UC games and 3 Months of PSN:plus
Relientk77  +   450d ago
I clicked because of the picture, and no I'm serious

got a good laugh at that pic
#2 (Edited 450d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
ZoyosJD  +   450d ago
-____- The chick in the background is not naked...

OT: Should be it's been sitting around the $250 mark with some games for a while now.
#2.1 (Edited 450d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
LOGICWINS  +   450d ago
More likely at Gamescom.
abzdine  +   450d ago
sounds doable!
MasterCornholio  +   450d ago
200€ less than the PS4s rumored priced. Sounds about right.
Jek_Porkins  +   450d ago
Possibly, they already have a pretty decent price point and software that people will want, I'd see them doing some bundles, but I'm not sure they'll drop it to $199 this year.
sway_z  +   450d ago
Absolutely...although I think PS3 could be sold at a loss at this price ($199) if done too soon.

Anyone know if Sony is making profit on PS3 yet, and as of when? Please :)

Maybe Sony should wait until E3 2014 when PS3 is making more healthier profits. Then drop it to $149/$99.

There's life in the old girl yet :)
#7 (Edited 450d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
raWfodog  +   449d ago
According to this, making profit since June 2010:

sway_z  +   449d ago
@raWfodog

Thanks a lot for that link.

Then any time after E3 2013 is a good time for $199 PS3.

Nice!
BitbyDeath  +   450d ago
I'm holdin out to see if the Vita drops in price.
TrendyGamers  +   450d ago
I think we'll see it at some point in the Summer.
Neko_Mega  +   450d ago
I'm pretty sure the PS3 and PS Vita will both get price drops. The question is how much?

But only E3 will tell.
AnimeAvenger  +   450d ago
Hoping for a Vita price drop from Sony.
vehomawacyli06   450d ago | Spam
Wedge19  +   450d ago
Definitely a price-drop in the future for the system.
No. It will get a price drop at E3 2014. E3 2013 is for Sony to announce PS4's price of $299.
Brian1rr  +   449d ago
Keep dreaming Dante
Silly gameAr  +   449d ago
I think it will get a price drop this year. Either at the upcoming PS4 event, or at E3. It's about time for another price drop since the PS3 is still the most expensive out of the 3 current gen consoles. Maybe even the Vita will get some of that good price drop loving.
#16 (Edited 449d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
ger2396  +   449d ago
I hope so, I'd like to get my son his own ps3. $199 would be nice.
GamerElite  +   449d ago
Toy's r us have the Infamous bundle for $199
KillrateOmega  +   449d ago
Do You Think The PlayStation 3 Will Get a Price Drop to $199.99 at E3 2013?
Most likely, yes.

Not that I particularly care though. I'll be spending my money on the PS4 :)
#18 (Edited 449d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Magnus  +   449d ago
I have seen the slim 160 gig for $198 at a few stores. As for the super slim its at a decent price a little more off the top would be nice for the price.
Qrphe  +   449d ago
PS2 was $150 since mid-2004 all the way after the 360 even came out. Microsoft nor Sony care about number of units sold as much as the actual profit made in total but this gen has definitely had more expensive systems than the last one. Does anyone have the manufacturing costs for the super slim PS3?
Master of Unlocking  +   449d ago
Maddens Raiders + 19h ago
-------------
Hi Maddens! :)
Sony announced GT6 for this year?! For the PS3 or PS4? Got a link please?

By the way, when do we play some more GT5 online together? I'll try to drive like a gentleman this time, I swear!

Earn Loads of Glimmer in Destiny with this Treasure Loop

11m ago - If you’re looking to pick up a ton of Glimmer in Destiny, then use that Glimmer to buy all the lo... | Xbox 360

PlayStation Unchained - Episode 48: News and gossip from the world of PlayStation

13m ago - It's a new week and a new episode of PlayStation Unchained. Join the PSU crew to hear about the l... | PS3

Bacon Man: An Adventure Preview | Geekenstein

18m ago - "When I read that Bacon Man: An Adventure was an action-platformer in the vein of Mega Man X, Ray... | PC

Yogscast Explain Yogventures Failure To Backers

21m ago - Yogscast finally come forward with an email sent to their backers explaining what happened and wh... | PC

Study Game Design at DeVry

Digital High Podcast – MOBAs and “Diversity” are Going Overboard?

22m ago - Donna joins Aaron and Vincent while Marquice is out. It’s nice to have a female perspective this... | Xbox 360