Submitted by thegamefanatics 606d ago | screenshot

Feast Your Eyes on Brand New Batman: Arkham Origins Screenshots

Game Fanatics: Straight outta Compt..err..Arkham, we’ve got fresh, high res, screenshots depicting the Dark Knight’s fiercest foes, from Deathstroke (who looks incredibly badass by the way) to the Black Mask, and even a younger, leaner version of Penguin. You can also check out a less battle-hardened Bruce Wayne, sporting a scruffy beard and there’s even some concept artwork depicting Gotham City’s finest thrown in the mix. (Batman: Arkham Origins, PS3, Wii U, Xbox 360)

Alternative Sources
ApolloTheBoss  +   606d ago
HMMM.. Ok. I kinda dismissed this game since Rocksteady wasn't making it, but right now I'm having second thoughts.
Kran  +   606d ago
Because of graphical screenshots?

And here, ladies and gentleman, is a current generation graphics gamer in a nutshell.

@yourgoisdead

ill be sarcastic over your sarcasm:

"gee. thanks" :)

ON TOPIC:

The problem is, so many people have put this game down because:

a) its a prequel
b) its not developed by rocksteady
c) people just aren't returning

and then all of a sudden, a high graphical screenshot comes out, and you get some people going: "actually, that looks good".
#1.1 (Edited 606d ago ) | Agree(20) | Disagree(46) | Report | Reply
yourgodisdead  +   606d ago
That sure showed him.
Heisenburger  +   606d ago | Well said
And HERE, ladies and gentleman, is a current generation a-hole.
ApolloTheBoss  +   606d ago
Let me clarify for you, because you have no idea what gamer I am based on one sentence: I thought this was going to have a different feel to it, you know, since it's not made by Rocksteady and all that, and that it was gonna come chock full of different gameplay mechanics, and slightly different style. But seeing those screenshots made me realize that were very close with Rocksteady when this was in development and probably took a lot of pointers from them. So I am no longer worried if this game is gonna be just an uninspired prequel if you will, and I have a little more faith in these guys because of it. So learn who someone is before you blindly go off on someone, if you don't mind.
#1.1.3 (Edited 606d ago ) | Agree(24) | Disagree(3) | Report
BattleAxe  +   606d ago
Kran, you're an idiot. So if the graphics are looking good and someone mentions that they like how the game is looking, that somehow makes their opinion irrelevant? Idealy, if a game has good graphics and good gameplay, then that is as good as it gets.
In this day and age I don't even form an opinion until I see honest to god actual gameplay videos. So many games have had "screenshots" or video clips which are said to be the game but once the final product is release the game plays and looks nothing like them.

I have my favorite series so I will have a level of expectation but never again will I get on a hype train until I have watched a solid 10 to 20 minute video or actual gameplay in the released build. Too many times I have been let down.
Brownghost  +   606d ago
The company making the game has great talent and i was skeptical of rocksteady when they made asylum since the game before was a swat fps.
Williamson  +   606d ago
I have high hopes for this game since arkham city meant a lot to me, so I pray that this game doesnt let me down by adding multiplayer which is not needed.
matgrowcott  +   606d ago
Why is that a problem? If the multiplayer is of a high quality, and the single player is as enjoyable as in previous games, what difference does it make?
irepbtown  +   605d ago
The problem is sometimes Devs end up focusing on Multiplayer too much which takes quality away from SP and vice versa.

Some Devs like Dice clearly put an arm and a leg for BF3 Multiplayer (which is awesome) and then the Single player was Mediocre. I don't know if it's difficult to find a balance, I know KZ2 was a blast, SP was solid and so was MP.

But I do agree with you, if they can make a MP of high quality, and continue the SP as it is, then there's no problem.
onyoursistersback  +   606d ago
multiplier can be sweet!!!!!!!!!!!! Imagine one team is Batman/Robin/Catwomen/Deathstr oke and there base on stealth/hunting.

And the other team Blackmask/who ever has yet to be announced, are gun holding players in first person only view!!!
#2.2 (Edited 606d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
delicia  +   606d ago
It would make predator challenges interesting.
Like spy vs mercs a la Splinter Cell? Yes, please!
Knight_Crawler  +   606d ago
Hey Williamson - I am thinking of getting Batman AC, do you think I should get the 360 or PS3 version?

Reason I ask is because I can get the 360 version for $20 and the PS3 $30 but wanted to know if one version is better than the other.
#2.3 (Edited 606d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
lastdual  +   606d ago
It's running on UE3 and the differences are extremely minor.

I've got the PS3 version and am happy with it, but in a case like this you should either go by what's cheaper or by the controller you prefer.
Skate-AK  +   606d ago
Get the PS3 GOTY Edtion. Comes with all the DLC and a free download of Batman: Year One. It's worth it. I was able to get one for $30.
Williamson  +   606d ago
The 2 versions both run great so I guess it all comes down to what system you prefer to game on, but if the 360 version is the goty version Id go with that since you save $10. I have the ps3 version and never had any problems, but either way you should play this game since imo its just amazing.
Brownghost  +   606d ago
Whats bad about multiplayer? Dont like it dont play it.
Chris558  +   606d ago
Daaamn dat pimp suit
Kennytaur  +   606d ago
Looks like a lovely chap.
HeavenlySnipes  +   606d ago
Why are they using a different voice actor for Batman if they are making him look the same
Pozzle  +   606d ago
And it's not like Conroy sounds too old for the part. Conroy's almost 60 but he certainly doesn't sound it, imo.
HexxedAvenger  +   606d ago
OOOOOH! Can't wait! looks rather interesting. Deathstroke is in it, I'm game!
jameson12345  +   606d ago
I want this game to be great like City and Asylum. Not just good, but City was better.
Jyndal  +   606d ago
I'll be looking for a playable demo before I make a call on this one.
andrewer  +   606d ago
No control with batwing ;_; no ui-ui swing da-ui-yipee ;_;
andrewer  +   606d ago
Will buy only if it has the Nipples Suit Costume!
RetrospectRealm  +   606d ago
"The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later."

The popularity of the post is too much for them. Pity.
DeadManMcCarthy  +   606d ago
Hell yeah! Black Mask.
Magnus  +   606d ago
Wish they would include Jason Todd as the Red Hood glad Black Mask is in the game. Hope they also include Hardack and his robots. I can't wait for this game one final great Batman game to mark the end of this console generation.
#13 (Edited 606d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Psychonaut  +   606d ago
I like the design of the Batman, very cool. Deathstroke looks on point as well. I enjoyed both Arkham City, and Assylum So this is a must buy. I hope they tone down the excess of riddler stuff. It was fun at first in AC but turned to filly quickly.
piniliby   606d ago | Spam
taquito  +   606d ago
these better be console shots, looks way worse than the pc version of arkham city
tubers  +   606d ago
Keep milking dem bat nipples!

Mhh--uhh--uhmmm!

Tons of Batman games recently spread across several platforms.. Hope the nipples don't run dry soon.
vakarian75  +   606d ago
@BattleAxe

Don't forget a good story.
#18 (Edited 606d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
kasser  +   606d ago
I am liking what I am seeing so far ... Even though these are just screenshots but you could see this studio has unique sense of direction. In one screen it kinda reminded me of Tim Burton's movie which present Batman as a fearful & mysterious being more than a superhero detective...

Hopefully this game turns out good and not a quick cash-in attempt.
Unztayble  +   606d ago
Just keep that combat system intact and improve upon it. I'll be a happy camper.
sway_z  +   605d ago
Looks fantastic. DC games are really coming into their own.

I really want them to release an enhanced version for PS4...I cannot afford to support PS3 beyond GTA 5, TLOU & Beyond - Two Souls.

It's great that the current systems look to be healthy even going forward, but I am on a budget and PS4 will be my gaming priority.

Just occurred to me...PS+ could see this go free at some stage, so in a way I probably won't have to purchase this.

PS+ can be awesome like that :)
#21 (Edited 605d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Jek_Porkins  +   605d ago
Looks great!
Scholla  +   605d ago
Batman himself looks sick! Here's hoping for some movie skins.

Street Tuning Evolution Comes To Kickstarter

22m ago - Street Tuning Evolution, developed by Invictus Games & Street Legal Mods, is a game that “provide... | PC

12 Days of VR Gaming: Day 5 – World of Diving

28m ago - Vertigo Games’ World of Diving launched it’s beta programme in the early part of this year and wa... | PC

Square Heroes Review - "Why Even Try" [NoobFeed]

28m ago - NoobFeed writes: "Projects like Square Heroes pop up left and right. And while these are function... | PC

Wii U 8GB console is tempting for casuals and curious alike at £145

1h ago - Dealspwn writes: Act fast and you can order a basic Wii U console (the white 8GB one) for an enti... | Wii U

Front-end Developers Wanted

Now - Want to help us build the new N4G platform? | Promoted post

LittleBigPlanet 3 already available for under £25 on PS4

2h ago - Dealspwn writes: LittleBigPlanet 3 for £24.85 on PS4? That's what we call a hot gaming deal here... | PS4