Submitted by GamersRulz 944d ago | article

Let the Battle Begin: Next Xbox Locks Horns with PS4 in May

Ready, fight
We all knew that it was coming, but somehow Microsoft has managed to shock the industry by finally acknowledging its next generation console. The company sent out invites earlier this evening, confirming that it’s poised to uncover its impending system on 21st May. As you’d expect, the event will be livestreamed through a variety of sources, including long term partner Spike TV (Industry, Next-Gen, PS4, Xbox One)

aman84r  +   945d ago
Not until may 21st.
GT67  +   944d ago
let the console war begin. round one "FIGHT" PS4 kombat!
#1.1 (Edited 944d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
raytraceme  +   944d ago
Since I own a gaming pc I will only buy one console and that will be the ps4.

Microsoft studios can't compare to Sony's who owns naughty dog, sucker punch, media molecule, santa monica, sce japan, polyphony, evolution, and Guerilla Games, and has 2nd party support from quantic dreams, and insomniac.

I couldn't care less about smartglass since the vita/ps4 integration is better.

Microsoft also is too focused on Kinect and media features meaning they have less resources for core games. After the crap that Microsoft pulled releasing no new aaa core ip's since 2010 I can't trust them since they could always do the same. Plus they tend to not give their devs full creative control (hell bungie had to buy their freedom).

Also with the ps4 it seems to be all about developers and since Cerny is the big guy for the ps4 I am even more excited he is a legend and has made my fav. platformers so respect to him. MS just can't compare.
#1.1.1 (Edited 944d ago ) | Agree(11) | Disagree(9) | Report
TheLyonKing  +   945d ago
not really locking horns until E3 that will be a proper head to head.

I am excited for two reasons:

1. Both will be doing there best to out do each other which menas better price and quality for gamers

2. Fanboy wars will start up again

I am rooting for sony and have my deposit down at GAME but i will get the 720 soon enough
j-blaze  +   945d ago
best of luck to both
Knight_Crawler  +   944d ago
Fight for my wallet MS and Sony...only one can be worthy on my launch purchase.

@Blue but what if they both cost $499.99 at launch? I have a good paying job but dont think I can spend $1000 for two consoles.

If the 720 is %100 BC then I might sell my 360 and PS3 and get both at launch.
#4 (Edited 944d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
bluepowerz   944d ago | Spam
bluepowerz   944d ago | Spam
Serjikal_Strike  +   944d ago
The battle was won back in February
Akuma2K  +   944d ago
Sony drew first blood like Rambo back in February, now Microsoft has to counter and a in a big hellish way to top what sony has shown us already.....not to mention the unveiling of the PS4 console itself soon to happen as well.
#7 (Edited 944d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
NatureOfLogic  +   944d ago
Xbox infinite casual machine.
josephayal  +   944d ago
What battle?
Agent_hitman  +   944d ago
Finally, there are probably no more Playstation shit-ports or Playstation inferior to it's Xbox counterparts due to complicated hardware design. Since PS4 is more like PC now than it's predecessor.

The only thing we can look now are the Exclusive Games.
#10 (Edited 944d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
hellvaguy  +   942d ago

Nah bro it's not only about exclusive games as much as the sony crowd gets up on the soap box and preaches that to fellow devote cult followers.

It's equally about also about the controllers, online gaming, overall graphics, price, etc. Alot remains to be seen.
#10.1 (Edited 942d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
CEOSteveBallmer  +   944d ago
"In the end, There can be only one"
MasterCornholio  +   944d ago
Nah more like.

"Whichever wins Wii U loses" AVP

But seriously i believe that both the 720 and the PS4 will be successful consoles while the Wii U will end up being another gamecube. That is a console for Nintendo fans only.
#11.1 (Edited 944d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
CEOSteveBallmer  +   944d ago
Haha yeah that suits too. But I guess you know what movie im referring to right? Highlander is an awesome movie, only the first one though. but the AVP line is good also LOL. And yep I agree again both will be successful and the Wii-U could be another gamecube. not so much a loss to nintendo but not also much successful

EDIT: @SEGAisBETTER below, I wish there will be a dreamcast 2!! LOL. But I respect sega so much that I would rather want them in the gaming console industry than microsoft. They know how to make the other competitor stupid. like "Nintendon't" Genesis does!! haha
#11.1.1 (Edited 944d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
SegaGamer  +   944d ago
Yay let the fanboys go crazy with their pathetic love for one console over the other.

Top 10 Video Games That Defied Expectations

14m ago - You can’t always judge a video game by its box art. Join WatchMojo as they countdown their picks... | PS2

Spiral Cats Amazing Wizard Cosplay for Cabal Online

20m ago - The famous cosplayer Doremi today shared her hot transcendence Wizard cosplay artworks for Cabal... | Culture

PS4 Games To Look Out For In November 2015

Now - With all the amazing titles still to come this year, Releases.com thought it would do you a favor and make it a little bit easier to keep track of... | Promoted post

Mordheim: City of the Damned Review | GodisaGeek

48m ago - Chris White: "Ignore the terrible loading times between missions and the odd framerate issue and... | PC

Japanese singer B'z Inaba Koshi's first single in 5 years will include Yakuza Kenzan song

50m ago - Japanese singer Inaba Koshi (B'z) will release his solo single "Hane" on January 13, 2016. Bes... | Culture

Ghosts, Suicides and lots of Picture Taking: Project Zero Maiden of Black Water | Miketendo64

1h ago - Miketendo64: "I was heavily disappointed with how badly this game didn’t make me jump, make me wa... | Wii U