Submitted by rbailey 464d ago | opinion piece

Injustice: Gods Among Us Rumored Remaining DLC Characters Revealed?

Michael Ajibade of TheKoalition writes:
By now, most of you have already hit the labs in NetherRealm Studios' latest hit, Injustice: Gods Among Us. News of the first DLC character was slightly delayed due to the events that happened in Boston, but we now know that fan favourite and DC powerhouse anti-hero Lobo will be joining the cast of playable characters. That leaves three yet declared characters to be delivered to the Injustice community in the first season (I call it that since there is a deal to get the first four characters for the price of three via a "Season Pass"). Or does it? Have the remaining DLC characters been discovered? (Injustice: Gods Among Us, PS3, Wii U, Xbox 360)

Credit url: gamespot.com
Attached Video
rbailey  +   464d ago
I must say that if this rumor is indeed true, then I'm highly disappointed in the DLC characters that were chosen. There are plenty of popular DC characters that should have been considered over some of these.
Dannycr  +   464d ago
But you also have to understand that they need to save some of those characters for a future sequel.

They will not deal all the hands at once, people who's enjoying the game will want a sequel with relevant characters.
admiralvic  +   464d ago
DC comics has been around for roughly 70 years and there are a wealth of characters to pick from. Even if they do cover some "fan favorites", there will still be plenty of people for another and maybe even another game before they run out of "good" or "fan favorite" characters.
LOL_WUT  +   463d ago
Mortal Kombat characters in a DC game again? Ugh how lame... I hope this is not true Ed Boon needs to stop doing this stuff not to mention scorpion the most overused character. ;)
toxic-inferno  +   464d ago
I agree completely. And adding in a Mortal Kombat character seems like a bit of a cheat to me; especially for those who have bought the season pass, expecting 4 great DC characters.

Personally, I wanted to see Red Hood appear. His combination of classic Robin-style acrobatic fighting and dual-gun-wielding moves would have made him perfect for this game.
Captain Qwark 9  +   464d ago
red hood would be flipping amazing. and i wouldnt mind seeing braniac either if they must go from supes universe.
toxic-inferno  +   464d ago
@ Captain Qwark 9

Brainiac would be amazing as well! He could have such a diverse range of attacks and abilities that were completely different to the current characters.

Whereas Batgirl will be very similar to Batman and (to a lesser extent) Nightwing, and General Zod will almost be a Superman clone...
onyoursistersback  +   464d ago
At the ending of Doomsday, Lobo makes and Appearance...I was expecting him to be one of the DLC.
Chris558  +   464d ago
Lobo is confirmed for first dlc char.
DarthJay  +   464d ago
I saw this somewhere else and I would HATE HATE HATE this. I am not surprised they are putting a Mortal Kombat character in... but seriously, another Batman and Superman character? TERRIBLE, lazy and short sighted. I could understand if they got strongarmed into Zod for the movie, but Batgirl? BATGIRL?

Brutal. At least there's Lobo. Glad I didn't buy the Season Pass. Almost did.
Erudito87  +   464d ago
i want kratos!!!
uncharted56  +   464d ago
go play mk then :)
Erudito87  +   464d ago
lol i am but he is a character with a lot of potential and would slaughter everyone in injustice
toxic-inferno  +   464d ago
@ Erudito87

"would slaughter everyone in injustice"

That's why they won't put him in :P
majiebeast  +   464d ago
If they want to add a superman villain use Metallo.

This sounds pretty dissapointing DCU is so big, im really missing The Flash villains and i just want less Superman and Batman characters.

Thats the 1 really good thing DC Universe Online did was they pulled from every heroes universe no matter how obscure.

Also where the fuck is Red Tornado.
#4 (Edited 464d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Sano64  +   463d ago
I was really hoping for some Young Justice characters like Zatanna and Aqualad. I would have loved to see how they played!
Sub-Zero85  +   464d ago
Where is Jonah Hex ? , a western character in a fighting game would be something different and epic !
#5 (Edited 464d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
Totally forgot about Jonah Hex, that would've been awesome! Good call!! ^_^

Besides Lobo i'm really disappointed with this list.Would have rathered Jonah Hex, Power girl, Zatanna,  Rorschach, Martian Manhunter, Brainiac, Red hood, Beast boy, or Black Canary instead of all those rumored picks. :/

Oh well. guess there's always Injustice 2 to look forward to.... In about 3-4 years *sigh*
#5.1 (Edited 463d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
HonestDragon  +   464d ago
These would be my picks for both heroes and villains should they not have used the ones they have or otherwise supposedly have ready for the season pass:

Black Manta, Cheshire, Darkseid, Gorilla Grodd, Mongul, and Prometheus for the villains. All for the very reason that they all can fight and have easily designed move sets.

Black Canary, Black Lightning, Doctor Fate, Martian Manhunter, Red Tornado, and Zatanna for the heroes. All for the reason that they would make great additions as both fighters and offer a variety of types of heroes. Anyone else have their nominations should the rumored additions never happen?
MadMax  +   464d ago
How bout Bizarro, Congorilla, Catman, Firestorm, Nightwing, Poison Ivy, Killer Croc, Supergirl etc! Only one i approve of here is Batgirl. Keep Scorpion in MK, comon what a joke.
toxic-inferno  +   464d ago
Nightwing is already in the game...

But I agree with the rest!
CC-Tron  +   464d ago
What's with all the characters from Supe's and Bat's rogue gallery? Aren't there enough already? I was hoping for Grodd. Oh well.
#8 (Edited 464d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
MaverickStar7  +   464d ago
I've seen a lot of evidence about this. If it does turn out to be true..I'm am really disappointed. Lobo sounds great. But I want more unique characters. How does Zod not have the same powerset as Superman? Batgirl sould be the same as Batman, and why do we need MK characters? There are so many DC characters you can add without throwing ones in there from outside the DC universe. Zod should be nothing more than a skin. Give me Heroes like Firestorm, Zatanna, Martian Manhunter, and Booster Gold. Villians like Atrocitus and Poison Ivy.
WeskerChildReborned  +   464d ago
Well apparently we might get more than 4 characters so hopefully the other few are better choices.

I would much rather have Robin or Red Hood than Batgirl to be honest.
#10 (Edited 464d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
omi25p  +   464d ago
I want Red Hood, Brainiac, StarFire and Beast Boy
Max-Zorin  +   464d ago
I want Beast Boy, Jason Todd, Terry Mcginnis, and Static Shock.
IamThatGuy  +   462d ago
Terry Mcginnis would be a Batman skin
maniacmayhem  +   463d ago
Zod I can understand due to the movie. And I even wished for him in another post. But Batgirl?! How many Batman characters do we have now?

Batman
Nightwing
Bane
Joker
Harly Quinn
Catwoman

And now Batgirl? They should have called this Batman's Fighting Game(with Friends!).

And a copy and pasted MK character for no good reason. That to me is terrible. Grodd, Toyman, Mirror Master, Animal Man, Mr. Terrific, Dr. Fate, Blue Beetle, Black Manta, Vandal Savage, Kalibak, Brainiac, Cheetah.

Very disappointed in the roster.
DestinyHeroDoomlord  +   463d ago
B'wana man (from the brave and the bold), plastic man and blue beetle... prettiest please?
PsychopathicNinja  +   463d ago
@maniacmayhem
you also forgot to mentionthat deathstroke is batman as well.
silkylove  +   463d ago
Holding out for an announcement that these DLC characters are coming to the Wii U version. My original plan was to get the PS3 version if they came out and said "no" to Wii U DLC. However, if they don't tell me one way or the other soon I probably won't care enough to get the game for any system.
#16 (Edited 463d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
StreetsofRage  +   463d ago
Garbage. Should be Lobo, firestorm, swamp thing, and power girl.
#17 (Edited 463d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Psychonaut  +   463d ago
Swamp Thing
Black Canary
Red Cyclone
Super Boy PRIME
Elastic dude (whatever his name is.)
martin man hunter
Braniac
power girl
Cap.Atom
Deadman
Aqua Lad from young justice (he is cool)
Red hood (Todd)
blue beetil
The Spirit. (cool trench coat brawler.)
jonah Hex
Dr.Fate is a no brainer.
lifes_Disease  +   463d ago
This list is disappointing however, scorpion even though he is MK this is nether realm and for all those that hate him he is their cover piece. It would have been him or Sub-zero, i personally am glad their is no exclusive characters in this game to either console although, it would be nice to see Cole from infamous in here. I do not think batgirl will play at all really like batman. Nightwing does not so why should she now if robin was in the game then okay. I would hope maybe not from this studio but maybe soon we see a dc vs marvel.
sway_z  +   463d ago
Plastic Man!!!!
JohnApocalypse  +   463d ago
I really hope they put Freakazoid in there
DuaneOsmitH  +   463d ago
There's no proof that the rumor is true. So far, I've seen renders of Gorilla Grodd (credits), Martian Manhunter, and Lobo. Add the Red Arrow from Ollie's ending, and you could have your 4 there. But until it's announced by NRS, it's just a rumor.
#21 (Edited 463d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
terminater1234  +   462d ago
supergirl o powergirl
Red Hood
Amazo
Static Shock
Martian Manhunter

ZaciSa’s Last Stand and Drinking Games with the Letter – Indie Corner Feature

5m ago - This week Jason pulls out 2 games from the cheaper end of the eshop’s price spectrum to look at:... | Wii U

LittleBigPlanet 3 plushie packaging and space suit DLC availability details

12m ago - Details from Steven Isbell and Mark Valledor on the availability of the plushie preorder and spac... | PS3

Heroes of the Storm Artifacts are being removed from the game

47m ago - Blizzard has listed to the Heroes of the Storm community and decided the new systems are not work... | PC

inFamous Second Son : With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

1h ago - KW: Sucker Punch Productions brings the Infamous series on to Sony’s latest tech toy PlayStation... | PS4

Study Game Design at DeVry

Top Ten Nintendo 64 Games

1h ago - Nintendo Enthusiast staff and readers have voted, what are the ten best games on the Nintendo 64? | Retro