A few problems keep it from being a classic, but Ring of Fates is still a capricious caper whether you're on your own or playing with pals.
* Each character has a unique selection of attacks and tribal abilities
* Slick mix of monster killing, platforming, and puzzle-solving
* Charming cast of characters
* Up to four local players can adventure together.
* Certain tasks are cumbersome to pull off in the single-player campaign
* Useless artificial intelligence
* Major slowdown in ad hoc play, and no Wi-Fi multiplayer.