Submitted by Makasu 466d ago | screenshot

New breathtaking The Witcher 3 Screenshots

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is the third installment in this dark fantasy RPG by CD Projekt. Developed on a next-generation gaming engine, this sequel concludes the foundation trilogy of the series. (PC, PS3, PS4, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Xbox 360, Xbox One)

Alternative Sources
Makasu  +   466d ago
Gimmie gimmie!
Ezz2013  +   466d ago
ok ok, take it ....i didn't know you would be like this ...i should've let you in home :P
#1.1 (Edited 466d ago ) | Agree(12) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
Makasu  +   466d ago
Now I feel bad :D
Winter47th  +   466d ago
This looks exactly like the Witcher 2.
mistajeff  +   465d ago
They're building the content alongside the engine, so they're still using the Witcher 2's renderer since the new one hasn't been finished and implemented yet.
ATi_Elite  +   465d ago
I take it that Uber Sampling is not on!

Looking forward to the Witcher 3
FrigidDARKNESS  +   466d ago
Absolutely want this.....these guys are serious game developers.
Cant tell if these are avtual in game s reen shots or artist renders.
#2 (Edited 466d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
adorie  +   466d ago
I'd bet my arm this is in-game.
adonisisfree  +   465d ago
it better be, because this doesnt look good enough to be pre rendered. this is actually underwhelming
sobekflakmonkey  +   466d ago
I honestly don't see what's so "breathtaking" about those screens, they look flat, and very uninspired to me, it's like they're trying to cram high textures in there without thinking about character polygon count or character physics or anything...I'm still not interested in this game.
Myze  +   466d ago
There are some nice parts, but the lighting is off, and there are no character shadows. That REALLY takes away from the images (and why they look "flat"). I have faith they will fix that, because The Witcher 2 is still one of the best looking games there is, and it didn't have those problems.
Mariusmssj  +   465d ago
I hope you understand this is still work in progress and won't be release for another year. Also current screen are still rendered in RedEngine 2. We will see full renders with the full announcement of RedEngine 3
sobekflakmonkey  +   465d ago
@Myze

I personally didn't find The Witcher 2 to be all that great looking either, it wasn't amazing, and the graphical quality was underwhelming to me, once again I don't think its worthy of any praise at all really...
#2.2.3 (Edited 465d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(3) | Report
adorie  +   464d ago
I'm guessing you didn't play The WItcher 2 on a PC with Uber sampling on, @ 1080p or above, Ultra settings. Cause that game is truly one of the best looking games there is.

I had to turn off Uber Sampling because my card can't handle it.

This game taxes my GPU more than metro 2033 does.

CD Projekt Red did a fantastic job catering to PC gamers.
#2.2.4 (Edited 464d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report
davidpaul231   466d ago | Spam
The hand that feeds  +   466d ago
Sorry but that is far from breathtaking.. In fact I find it positively disappointing. I want a lot more from next gen.. Hair looks really naff generic and rather boring!! Plus that troll looks strange maybe lack of shadow.. Maybe I'm being to harsh but?... Who's with me?
adorie  +   466d ago
Come on... the game isn't coming out till next year.
Plenty of time for polish.
14Feb-R  +   466d ago
It looks great for an open world game but just like what you said not breathtaking.

Can't wait to play it. Story, gameplay and environment are promising though..
#4.2 (Edited 466d ago ) | Agree(10) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
thezeldadoth  +   466d ago
if you want more than this from a launch Next gen console/pc game, you're gonna be disappointed by next gen.

People on this site expect such a huge jump in graphics and its just not happening like that.

About the game, I love the witcher series and this game looks awesome.
violents  +   466d ago
Agreed, next gen the big leaps will be in lighting, AI, and fluid movements, facial animations. Graphics will def jump up too, but I dont see it being anywhere near the level of this gen where everyone went from sd to hd.

Oh and much larger draw distances as well, basically games will prob seem more lifelike but to get a huge jump in graphics, like people expect, the hardware would be far too expensive.
#4.3.1 (Edited 466d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report
Pintheshadows  +   466d ago
This looks like The Witcher 2 on high detail settings in a gigantic open world. That is ridiculous.

Linear games will of course always look better, that is to be expected, but this is not a linear game. I'd say having The Witcher 2's graphical flair applied to a gigantic open world is pretty damn next gen.
coolbeans  +   466d ago
Good point. It'll be interesting to see how the finished product looks.
user7693958  +   466d ago
yeah I don't see how this games look so good "breathtaking"..
what happen to PC nazis super vision? did their vision got hurt after PS4 showed their games or something? lol ;)

I bet the game is good and fun.. i hear is a good rpg but i have never understood the hype behind in the visual.. they look like most good multiplat current gen games.. and yes I have check the visual on ultra setting running on 1080p on youtube..

well glad to see good rpg's are been made!! we need more..
I hope Sony Santa Monica makes one for the PS4.
#4.5 (Edited 466d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(12) | Report | Reply
Pintheshadows  +   466d ago
Even on low settings The Witcher 2's visuals outclass most console games so i'd suggest an eyetest or buying the game for yourself and actually playing to see. It has some of the most beautiful lighting i've ever seen in a game and it is ridiculously detailed with some awe inspiring vistas to stare at.
user7693958  +   466d ago
Well even if you have 20/20 you can't see the true..

i bet you mean art?
but I don't see how the mind blowing graphics you and others talk about..

The art is different, it has it own nice style and I hear the campaign is actually not boring like others RPG's!
but stop over hyping the graphics nothing special here..

I think you have been playing this game a lil to much and you can't see the reality.
Pintheshadows  +   466d ago
No, I mean what I said. The engine is a fantastic achievement. It allows for lavishly detailed enviroments which stretch on and on (my favourite being the area outside a military encampment which is a field of heather which stretches as far as the eye can see and moves in the breeze. Even muddy puddles are rendered beautifully. The lighting as I said is astounding, especially at night and most importantly it is stable when run on a suitable rig.

I've played enough multiplatform console games to see the difference although I will say it isn't as big as a PC elitist would make it out to be. Anti Aliasing helps obviously.

If you can't see it that is fine but you know as well as me that often times a video on Youtube doesn't give the full picture.

I'd urge you to buy a decent spec PC and play it because if you like western style RPG's it is one of the best i've encountered in a long time. It has a fantastic story, your choices impact the game hugely and it has solid combat and a lot of different ways to spec out Geralt.

And yes, I do play it too much. It is one of my favourite games. Which obviously means that I will defend it within reason.
#4.5.3 (Edited 466d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(0) | Report
user7693958  +   466d ago
I agree with the youtube logic but I can get a idea using it..

And I will be a fool to buy a PC now!! and I think ever.. unless I'm a pro and I need it for work and most likely I will get a mac like most pro. do..

plus the PS4 is out in few months!!!
I will get a PS4 and I will play better games without the stress(very important for me and I bet for most) & (optimize to what devs think is the best for their game) and save money on the short and long run.. ( no need to update )

I can see that high end PC's have some fan and it's a extreme and way to expensive hobby to have..
ps.. PLus i don't want to become a Nazi Pc gamer like most, thinking I'm better than the rest because I get more fps and more polygons.

Think and be honest the PS4 is a beast and made for games for the gamers.. this is not the ps3..
#4.5.4 (Edited 466d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(6) | Report
NeoTribe  +   466d ago
You hope santa monica makes one? Maybe im missing out on something but they have never proven or hinted at being good at making rpgs.... They make god of war... Id rather have naughty dog tackle a rpg, and even than i dont think id expect the best rpg ever. Maybe im ignorant to something you know and i dont.
uncharted56  +   465d ago
I have always been console gamer. Have not gamed much on PC since post 90's until now. As much I love the playstation brand you must be delusional or a troll to not see the graphics difference. Im running this game on my rig on ultra settings at 1080p and this game destroys anything on the consoles. Its just that much of a beautiful game especially Flotsams forest. The only thing that I will have to say about this game would be that they have not coded it well because it takes a lot of resources and should had been better optimized.
#4.5.6 (Edited 465d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report
ExCest  +   466d ago
I agree with the hair but we know from Witcher 2 that the game will look fantastic regardless.
DeadlyFire  +   466d ago
If you concentrate your focus on the environment it looks amazing. More people around in the environment, clouds, weather effects, water, and so on.

Characters and such will improve as it comes along. Just look at Witcher 2 on a PC if you want an example of what its older engine could do. This game will improve upon that.
#4.7 (Edited 466d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
nirwanda  +   465d ago
The light source for the troll pic is on the floor so it radiates up and out, thats why the light stays pooled in that area, for the troll to cast a shadow on the floor the light would have to be above or the side.
Light fr flames isn't really that strong at that distance but he should self shadow a tiny bit.
Mariusmssj  +   465d ago
There is over a year of time till release and a lot can change. Just take a look how Witcher 2 alpha looked liked http://www.youtube.com/watc...
The hand that feeds   466d ago | Offensive
headblackman  +   466d ago
I wouldn't call it breath taking but it looks ok
The hand that feeds  +   466d ago
Na poobar! Forgive me I seem to be exstreamly indecisive today.. I do want more and unfortunately this is no it at the moment
SoCalledMe  +   466d ago
Woah woah , dont judge the graphics yet , guys from CDPR stated that this is from RED Engine used in WItcher 2 when first screenshots appeared , they will have new dx11 render for this game later on , they are making game in Witcher 2 engine first
Tei777  +   466d ago
Have they even tried with his hair?
ninjahunter  +   466d ago
Witcher 2 had customization hair.
HeavenlySnipes  +   466d ago
It looks like The Witcher 2 on high :/
Npugz7  +   466d ago
I really don't like the main character!
Irishguy95  +   466d ago
The MC is one of the best....in gaming.
Th3 Chr0nic  +   466d ago
Looks like as of right now they have most of the detail in the clothing and environments. No doubt they will polish the rest later and then polish all of it even further.
ninjahunter  +   466d ago
Woohoo they made hair and beards not look like crap XD
Nocturne147  +   466d ago
Devs annouced this game 1 or 2 months ago and they already got screenshots to show...What about you, Bioware (Dragon Age 3), still nothing lol. Anyhoo, can't wait to play this masterpiece.
#14 (Edited 466d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Skate-AK  +   466d ago
Well to be fair Bioware is used to Unreal Engine. Frostbite 3 probably has a completely different tool kit. CD Projekt RED built this engine so they know how to get the most out of it and built things fast.
Scenarist  +   466d ago
doesnt look that good
Skate-AK  +   466d ago
To every one saying this doesn't look good it is still using REDengine 2. The Witcher 2 engine. They havnt even shown it using REDengine 3.
urwifeminder  +   466d ago
Still have not finished the first or 2nd game lol I like it though.
DivineAssault  +   466d ago
I wonder if the PS4 version will be native 1080p.. I really hope most nx gen games are... At least in the beginning & then upscale once the console gets dropped to its knees toward the end of its cycle... Oh & gaikai... What will be the resolution on games running through streaming? The fact i havent heard an official statement from sony about games being native 1080p worries me that every damn thing will be 720 again unless theyre indie or small budget titles
Skate-AK  +   466d ago
Well they said PS3 was native 1080p and that didn't go nowhere. So I don't think it's a big deal that they haven't really said anything. Just knowing that Killzone Shadow Fall is a launch title and runs at native 1080p, basically gives it away. Compare that to a PS3 launch title that ran 1080p, like NBA 07
#18.1 (Edited 466d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
DivineAssault  +   465d ago
where does it say killzone is native 1080p?
seanpitt23  +   466d ago
This on ps4 = mind blown
HarryMasonHerpderp  +   466d ago
Very impressive considering it will be an open world game.
FireCage321  +   466d ago
Looking great!
ifritAlkhemyst  +   466d ago
Maybe it's just me but this just looks a little better than The Witcher 2 on max settings.

Still a Day 1 buy since I love CDPred
jakmckratos  +   465d ago
My my next gen you had my curiosity but NOW you have my attention..
SlapHappyJesus  +   465d ago
All I have to say is if they can match Witcher 2's level of detail and graphical fidelity, let alone surpass it, well, there's really nothing to knock the visuals for. Witcher 2, at the moment, is still one of the most visually stunning games on shelves.
OmniSlashPT  +   465d ago
Nice models, nice textures, terrible lighting and shadows. The colour palette is rather unusual, i like it.
PersonMan  +   465d ago
It looks current gen to me. Actually, I know a few titles that look better than this right now.
adonisisfree  +   465d ago
maybe its just me, but im tired of them showing us the witcher 2 screenshots. when are they going to show us what this game is actually going to look like? how are you helping your case by showing us an old out dated engine? id rather wait and see true next gen

The Walking Dead: Amid the Ruins review | Eurogamer

9m ago - Among the Ruins is The Walking Dead doing what The Walking Dead does well, but it's spinning its... | PC

Games and Negativity: Why Do We Build Our Hobby on Hatred?

15m ago - Critically Sane discusses why we've allowed our hobby to be surrounded by all sorts of unfortunat... | Culture

6 Upcoming PS4 Accessories You Should Consider Getting

34m ago - PS4Home: "The 6 following PlayStation 4 accessories are headed your way soon so now’s the time to... | PS4

FIFA 15 Leagues Survey Report (24 July 2014)

34m ago - Spottis: FIFA 15 leagues survey report is out today. With over 2,300,000 votes, Egyptian League i... | PC

Study Game Design at DeVry

Oddworld: New ‘N’ Tasty Review | StickTwiddlers

36m ago - Abe's back in Oddworld: New 'N' Tasty, a remake of the classic Abe's Oddysee, but does it manage... | PC