Submitted by get2sammyb 752d ago | opinion piece

What's Your Favourite PlayStation Startup Sequence?

Push Square: "While it’s difficult to topple the trembling sense of anticipation that comes when you greedily tug at the cellophane concealing a brand new piece of hardware, watching said system’s startup screen for the very first time gives the momentous occasion a run for its money. Ever since the very first PlayStation took the world by storm, Sony has made a point of manufacturing memorable boot sequences for its portfolio of platforms, resulting in a family of unforgettable animations and sounds.

"Chances are, you’ll have seen and heard the following idents thousands of times. They are as much a part of gaming as the adventures that they have prefaced, and are all individually inspired for their own unique reasons. But while we wait anxiously to see if the PlayStation 4’s introduction is more interesting than the PlayStation Vita’s, which of the subsequent startup sequences is your favourite?" (PS2, PS3, PSP, Retro)

Nitrowolf2  +   752d ago
For me its the PS1. Love that start up and nothing like bring back those memories.
ApolloTheBoss  +   752d ago
They should really bring that back for the PS4. Putting icing on a cake that's too damn good already.
cervantes99  +   752d ago
Yep, PS1 start up was the best.
iGAM3R-VIII  +   752d ago
The noise that the PS2 made when it started up was beautiful and I hope it is in the PS4
NukaCola  +   752d ago
SEEEEEGGGGGGAAAAAA!!! Or the whispering Dreamcast

Classic before titles like Sonic
HammadTheBeast  +   752d ago
Dreamcast was cool, but not Playstation as the article says. For myself, I loved the Canadian PS1 sound. I think it was Canadian. I mean the small compact white one.
NukaCola  +   752d ago
Yeah I didnt even catch that. Just started remembering console log ons..lol

For the PS, Oddworld still opens up ever so most epically.
Magnus  +   752d ago
Ps1 for sure still love that noise when the Playstaion logo popped up. And the PS3 ding before Sony dropped it.
#2 (Edited 752d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
DownNotOut  +   752d ago
the ps2 and those towers... good times
SKUD  +   752d ago
PS1. Followed by GT1 or Ridge Racer Type 4 intro. Good times.
Akuma2K  +   752d ago
PS1 startup brings back memories, always loved the startup right before i played Resident Evil and Streetfighter Alpha.....those were the days.
KwietStorm  +   752d ago
:')
abzdine  +   752d ago
I remember we were trying to "sing" the PS1 startup with my friends! It's impossible but lots of fun!

I remember PS1 start up followed by Winning Eleven.. Soccer was what i played most on PS1 we missed classes to organize tournaments back in the days LOL
2pacalypsenow  +   752d ago
Ps2
contradictory  +   752d ago
PS2
SonyAddict  +   752d ago
My best is "you're file system may be corrupted".
Trago1337  +   752d ago
Nothing beats the original PlayStation Start up for me, it's pretty nostalgic.
cyberninja  +   752d ago
PS1. The best start up sound ever imo.
Outside_ofthe_Box  +   752d ago
PS1 for me no doubt, but for the PS2 start up I have always loved the sound it makes as the Playstation 2 logo appears.
KwietStorm  +   752d ago
Good question. PS3 literally has a classic and prestigious feel, PS2 was very simple but I liked that sound effect. But PS1 was almost like their own THX intro. It came in very strong and then leaves with an almost ominous trail.

But as long as were talking about intros, how about Soul Blade. That quality was mind boggling at the time.

Related video
#12 (Edited 752d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
NaAsAr  +   752d ago
i 2nd that emotion ;)
games333  +   752d ago
In order 1>2>3
NaAsAr  +   752d ago
PS1 for sure :)

when it took as long as it did in the attached video, i used to think "dam, my mod chip isn't working"
#14 (Edited 752d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
abzdine  +   752d ago
PS1 definitely followed by PSP.
I was surprised Vita doesnt have any.
tigertron  +   752d ago
The PS1 followed by the Gamecube, then the PS2.
KwietStorm  +   752d ago
The PlayStation GameCube? What model was that?
tigertron  +   752d ago
Uh, what? XD
stage88  +   752d ago
PS1 has the best start up of any console.
no_more_heroes  +   752d ago
Absolutely the PS1 startup. That sound was positively ear-gasmic.
Bellcross  +   752d ago
PS1
OhReginald  +   752d ago
PS1 > PS2> PS3
pop-voxuli  +   752d ago
PS1>PS2>PS3>PSP>PS V
#21 (Edited 752d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
sonicsidewinder  +   752d ago
I used to dig those Dreamworks Interactive intro's on the PS1 games.

The one for The Lost World Jurassic Park used to scare me haha!

Yes. PS1 intro. Gamecube intro.

Sonic intro on the mega drive of course. "SEGAAAA!!!"
#22 (Edited 752d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
coolasj  +   752d ago
PS3 > PS1 > PS2

The symphony tuning is an instant classic. It flexes my sound systems muscles for me.
Kratoscar2008  +   752d ago
PS1 although i dreaded when stayed its welcome (ie Disc too damaged)
Oh_Yeah  +   752d ago
Nostalgic and badass= PS1, smooth and classy= PS3, PS2 was just alright.. but I'd say the Dreamcast had the greatest boot of all consoles, it was orgasmic and natural.
#25 (Edited 752d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
No FanS Land  +   751d ago
Yeah, the PS1, the way it sounded when the triangles resized in the square, showing SCEA. Then the way the PS logo (why did sony remove the colors :'( ???? ) appeared with that soothing effect. you felt overpowered.
GamerElite  +   751d ago
PS1 FTW

Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2 – Record Breaker – Deep and Engaging Adaptation | Modvive

5m ago - In this Review, Alexx discusses how Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker offers a... | 3DS

Danny Peña Inducted to Inaugural Podcasters Hall Of Fame (Gamertag Radio)

17m ago - This week on Gamertag Radio: Danny Peña Inducted to Inaugural Podcasters Hall Of Fame. Silent Hil... | PC

Help Myriad get through Steam Greenlight!

Now - Myriad is a twin-stick shooter that grows more beautiful the better you play, where you build and then destroy the game space in glorious chain rea... | Promoted post

First Look at Beautiful, Norse Mythology Action Exploration Game, Jotun

17m ago - OnlySP: Justin returns today with another First Look at an upcoming game. This time, we take a lo... | PC

Amazon running 3 for 2 Sale on select PS4 and Xbox One titles

20m ago - Dealspwn: Head on over to Amazon and you may be able to snap up some bargains in their three for... | PS4

What Will Windows 10 Bring To The Xbox One, And Will It Finally Bring Respect To PC Gaming?

20m ago - With the pending arrival of Windows 10 for PC and later Xbox One, One has to wonder if the PC is... | PC