Submitted by get2sammyb 769d ago | opinion piece

What's Your Favourite PlayStation Startup Sequence?

Push Square: "While it’s difficult to topple the trembling sense of anticipation that comes when you greedily tug at the cellophane concealing a brand new piece of hardware, watching said system’s startup screen for the very first time gives the momentous occasion a run for its money. Ever since the very first PlayStation took the world by storm, Sony has made a point of manufacturing memorable boot sequences for its portfolio of platforms, resulting in a family of unforgettable animations and sounds.

"Chances are, you’ll have seen and heard the following idents thousands of times. They are as much a part of gaming as the adventures that they have prefaced, and are all individually inspired for their own unique reasons. But while we wait anxiously to see if the PlayStation 4’s introduction is more interesting than the PlayStation Vita’s, which of the subsequent startup sequences is your favourite?" (PS2, PS3, PSP, Retro)

Nitrowolf2  +   769d ago
For me its the PS1. Love that start up and nothing like bring back those memories.
ApolloTheBoss  +   769d ago
They should really bring that back for the PS4. Putting icing on a cake that's too damn good already.
cervantes99  +   769d ago
Yep, PS1 start up was the best.
iGAM3R-VIII  +   769d ago
The noise that the PS2 made when it started up was beautiful and I hope it is in the PS4
NukaCola  +   769d ago
SEEEEEGGGGGGAAAAAA!!! Or the whispering Dreamcast

Classic before titles like Sonic
HammadTheBeast  +   769d ago
Dreamcast was cool, but not Playstation as the article says. For myself, I loved the Canadian PS1 sound. I think it was Canadian. I mean the small compact white one.
NukaCola  +   769d ago
Yeah I didnt even catch that. Just started remembering console log ons..lol

For the PS, Oddworld still opens up ever so most epically.
Magnus  +   769d ago
Ps1 for sure still love that noise when the Playstaion logo popped up. And the PS3 ding before Sony dropped it.
#2 (Edited 769d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
DownNotOut  +   769d ago
the ps2 and those towers... good times
SKUD  +   769d ago
PS1. Followed by GT1 or Ridge Racer Type 4 intro. Good times.
Akuma2K  +   769d ago
PS1 startup brings back memories, always loved the startup right before i played Resident Evil and Streetfighter Alpha.....those were the days.
KwietStorm  +   769d ago
:')
abzdine  +   769d ago
I remember we were trying to "sing" the PS1 startup with my friends! It's impossible but lots of fun!

I remember PS1 start up followed by Winning Eleven.. Soccer was what i played most on PS1 we missed classes to organize tournaments back in the days LOL
2pacalypsenow  +   769d ago
Ps2
contradictory  +   769d ago
PS2
SonyAddict  +   769d ago
My best is "you're file system may be corrupted".
Trago1337  +   769d ago
Nothing beats the original PlayStation Start up for me, it's pretty nostalgic.
cyberninja  +   769d ago
PS1. The best start up sound ever imo.
Outside_ofthe_Box  +   769d ago
PS1 for me no doubt, but for the PS2 start up I have always loved the sound it makes as the Playstation 2 logo appears.
KwietStorm  +   769d ago
Good question. PS3 literally has a classic and prestigious feel, PS2 was very simple but I liked that sound effect. But PS1 was almost like their own THX intro. It came in very strong and then leaves with an almost ominous trail.

But as long as were talking about intros, how about Soul Blade. That quality was mind boggling at the time.

Related video
#12 (Edited 769d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
NaAsAr  +   769d ago
i 2nd that emotion ;)
games333  +   769d ago
In order 1>2>3
NaAsAr  +   769d ago
PS1 for sure :)

when it took as long as it did in the attached video, i used to think "dam, my mod chip isn't working"
#14 (Edited 769d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
abzdine  +   769d ago
PS1 definitely followed by PSP.
I was surprised Vita doesnt have any.
tigertron  +   769d ago
The PS1 followed by the Gamecube, then the PS2.
KwietStorm  +   769d ago
The PlayStation GameCube? What model was that?
tigertron  +   769d ago
Uh, what? XD
stage88  +   769d ago
PS1 has the best start up of any console.
no_more_heroes  +   769d ago
Absolutely the PS1 startup. That sound was positively ear-gasmic.
Bellcross  +   769d ago
PS1
OhReginald  +   769d ago
PS1 > PS2> PS3
pop-voxuli  +   769d ago
PS1>PS2>PS3>PSP>PS V
#21 (Edited 769d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
sonicsidewinder  +   769d ago
I used to dig those Dreamworks Interactive intro's on the PS1 games.

The one for The Lost World Jurassic Park used to scare me haha!

Yes. PS1 intro. Gamecube intro.

Sonic intro on the mega drive of course. "SEGAAAA!!!"
#22 (Edited 769d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
coolasj  +   769d ago
PS3 > PS1 > PS2

The symphony tuning is an instant classic. It flexes my sound systems muscles for me.
Kratoscar2008  +   769d ago
PS1 although i dreaded when stayed its welcome (ie Disc too damaged)
Oh_Yeah  +   769d ago
Nostalgic and badass= PS1, smooth and classy= PS3, PS2 was just alright.. but I'd say the Dreamcast had the greatest boot of all consoles, it was orgasmic and natural.
#25 (Edited 769d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
No FanS Land  +   769d ago
Yeah, the PS1, the way it sounded when the triangles resized in the square, showing SCEA. Then the way the PS logo (why did sony remove the colors :'( ???? ) appeared with that soothing effect. you felt overpowered.
GamerElite  +   768d ago
PS1 FTW

Square Enix Moba 'Lord of Vermilion Arena' Begins Beta

5m ago - Square Enix's new MOBA, Lord of Vermilion Arena has began its open beta testing in Japan. | PC

PS4 Patch The Witcher 3 Won’t Arrive This Week; Dev Collecting Everything Community Reports

27m ago - CD Projekt Red's community and website coordinator Marcin Momot confirms that the patch that woul... | PS4

Filmwatch Contest Details

Now - Come celebrate the upcoming Avengers: Age of Ultron with us on Filmwatch and win cool prizes. | Promoted post

Cube Life: Island Survival release date and launch discount

29m ago - Nintendo‘s Minecraft clone Cube Life: Island Survival is coming to North American and Europe Wii... | Wii U

The Witcher 3 – Remember How Games Used To Be?

29m ago - Stu at Sushimonster85 writes 'Much has already be written/said about the sheer size of the game,... | PC

Razer Firefly Gaming Mouse Mat with Chroma Lighting Support Unveiled

30m ago - EB: Razer has pulled the cover off of its latest gaming peripheral, the Firefly gaming mouse mat,... | PC