Try our new beta! Click here
Submitted by dirigiblebill 966d ago | news

Bethesda teases "exciting" game reveals this year, promises "to push the boundaries"

We'll make "considerably more noise" in 2013 than 2012, says Peter Hines. (Bethesda Softworks, Next-Gen, PC, PS3, Xbox 360)

« 1 2 »
Letros  +   966d ago | Funny
"to push the boundaries(of what you know as an in-game bug)"
#1 (Edited 966d ago ) | Agree(67) | Disagree(9) | Report | Reply
dirigiblebill  +   966d ago
Sick burn. He'll rue the day he ever read this thread, I'm sure.
inveni0  +   965d ago
I was actually going to say something similar. It seems like they've already pushed the boundaries of what gamers will put up with. I hope they get their act together in the next gen, though. Bethesda has a gift for creating great worlds and lore. But they need better programmers and better animators.
zebramocha  +   966d ago
@letros stay out of my head,I was going to make a similar comment.
dedicatedtogamers  +   966d ago
It will likely be an announcement for next-gen consoles, either Fallout 4 or the next Elder Scrolls.
Waddy101  +   966d ago
I hope it's Fallout 4, i loved Fallout 3 but i felt that Fallout New Vegas was as good.
Roccetarius  +   966d ago
It's much more likely to include a re-announcement for Prey 2. We haven't heard much about that for some time.
Irishguy95  +   966d ago
Bethesda are lying ****s, always have always will be. Simply put, don't trust a word Todd howard ses.
#1.4 (Edited 966d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(21) | Report | Reply
JakemanPS31994  +   966d ago
How so?
Linsolv  +   966d ago
You may be thinking of Gearbox Software.

Bethesda tends to tell the truth, except that they make their games sound a lot less buggy than any rational person knows they will be.
adorie  +   966d ago
Yep. Looks like Beth is trying for those HD bugs this gen. Can't wait for Fallout 4 though!
DragonKnight  +   966d ago
"Promises to push the boundaries"

*hires competent coders who create first Bethesda game that works out of the box without endless patching*

Gamers The World Over: :O
Docknoss  +   966d ago
I never had any bugs worth mentioning playing Elder Scrolls or Fallout on my 360... weird. Anyways Bethesda has produced some of this generation most ground breaking games.
theDECAY  +   965d ago
Wow, you're the only one!
AngelicIceDiamond  +   966d ago
"I think you'll hear us making considerably more noise this year than we did last year, as a publisher."

That's great and all but I hope our discs won't make "considerable more noise" from scratching our discs lol.
#1.8 (Edited 966d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
MysticStrummer  +   965d ago
Skyrim : The No Really We Got It Right This Time Edition
MariaHelFutura  +   966d ago
sitharrefus  +   966d ago
I hope its Fallout, i cant wait to see the game even if its not Fall out Bethesda never dissapoints :D
yawer  +   966d ago
Fallout 4 or shinji mikami's zwei.
adorie  +   966d ago
Forgot about Zwei. Personally, now that I do remember it it needs to remain in my brain. I've read some ambitious things from the creator of Resident Evil about Zwei.
SlapHappyJesus  +   966d ago
Would be interesting to see a new IP from them.
Truth be told, Elder Scrolls doesn't excite me anymore and I still personally feel that Obsidian should handle the Fallout games. Not to say I don't think Bethesda did a pretty good job with Fallout 3.
#5 (Edited 966d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(9) | Report | Reply
ThatCanadianGuy514  +   966d ago
I feel the same.Their engine just doesn't suit elder scrolls in my opinion.Constant zoning in and out of tiny "dungeons" and little mini battles with like, what, 7 bandits each fight, on average?

Fallout suits the current style more i think.Tight little gun fights, scrounging for items etc.
r21  +   966d ago
Dear god, please be Fallout 4 for next gen consoles.
wiseper   966d ago | Spam
devilhunterx  +   966d ago
Push the boundaries of next-gen bugs and crashes.
Shnooze  +   966d ago
Please don't let us down Bethesda!
Kietz  +   966d ago
Here's to hoping they hire some actual writers.
Perhaps some testers.

I'm sorry but, no matter how big your games are, there is no reason for a title, in development for as long as they get, to be in the state that their releases ship in.
kasser  +   966d ago
Fallout 4, Doom 4, Prey 2, and Mikami's new game. Bethesda gonna rock the next-gen!
JakemanPS31994  +   966d ago
Fallout 44444444!!!!!!! I hope! I really really hope! :-)
SpecialK  +   966d ago
What about Fallout 4 - 44444443?
CaptainYesterday  +   966d ago
Fallout New Canada! C'mon! Okay fine Fallout 4 is good enough hopefully it is set somewhere great. I'm assuming if it is Fallout it will be on PS4 could be cool to use the PS Vita as a pipboy :)
ajax17  +   966d ago
All I care about is Fallout. I know the Elder Scrolls is incredible and all, but it's just not for me. Bring on the Boston wasteland!!
#14 (Edited 966d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
RAFFwaff  +   966d ago
Fallout: Bethesda H.Q. (where you level up by patching the shit outta devices....)
DragonKnight  +   966d ago
I lol'd. +Bubs.
SITH  +   966d ago
Give me Fallout 4 and Dishonored DLC and I will be very happy.
EazyC  +   966d ago
Gotta be Fallout 4, can.not.WAIT!

Fallout 3 was perhaps my favourite all-round gaming experience this-gen, such an immersive world (despite the copious amount of bugs and glitches, but that was due to the shortcomings and outdated-ness of Gamebryo as an engine more than anything).

War. War never changes :)
djthechamp24  +   966d ago
How the fuck you push boundaries with a first person shooter
PygmelionHunter  +   966d ago
It's possible, hasn't happened in years, though, to my knowledge.
KrisButtar  +   966d ago
I wonder if they are going to bring their elder scrolls online MMO to the PS4. I think that would be pushing the boundaries, as consoles don't get a lot of MMO compared to PC
Sideras  +   966d ago
"Worth the weight" -Gaben
kupomogli  +   965d ago
Gabe is Valve.
cleverusername  +   966d ago
'Exciting'? As in fingers crossed it works?
porkChop  +   966d ago
He's talking about them as a publisher, not as a developer. And he's talking about their ability to find other development teams with great ideas. So I don't think this is Fallout related.

"So who that is, and what they're doing is to TBD but, when I'm next in London to do this, hopefully we'll be able to talk more and gauge your reaction."

He's teasing a game from another developer, which they're obviously publishing. Don't get your hopes up for Fallout 4 because we all know that will be a next gen game and I'm pretty sure that Bethesda will want to take their time with a game like that.
e-p-ayeaH  +   966d ago
quite excited for fallout 4.
#23 (Edited 966d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
NYC_Gamer  +   966d ago
Bethesda needs to build a better engine for next gen
LAWSON72  +   966d ago
I think the creative engine is quite good especially when it is modded with high res textures.
CourierSix  +   966d ago
Fallout 4 come on! Just hope that Bethesda take their time and Fallout 4 avoids the numerous bug 3 had...still love all the Fallouts, bugs and all, and Bethesda!
ninjahunter  +   966d ago
Well bethesda has never made a series i didnt like, so I cant wait. Despite what people say about skyrim being buggy. To that i say, Name one game as dynamic, large, interactive, customizable and has as much content as skyrim, that has less bugs than skyrim. Hell, Name a game with half that with less bugs.
StreetsofRage  +   966d ago
Give me a Fallout 4 for a launch title and all is good!
LAWSON72  +   966d ago
I love the complaining about bethesda games, so many people over exaggerate. I have played every bethesda game since oblivion and i have not had one serious bug/glitch happen.
#28 (Edited 966d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
landog  +   965d ago
lawson, agreed!

i have played them all since daggerfall (always on pc of course)

never a game breaking bug

obvioulsy skyrim looks and runs like trash on 8 year old consoles, todd howard even said they expected to launch on new consoles but since sony and ms dragged their asses for too long they just said eff it and ported a stripped down, barely playable version to ps3/360

on pc, skyrim is rpg perfection;
mediate-this  +   965d ago
@ninja hunter

World of warcraft, mmo, and bigger and you get the picture.
kupomogli  +   965d ago
Capcom took cues from From Software and Bethesda with Demon's/Dark Souls and Elder Scrolls games, maybe Bethesda should look at what they did right, copy the ideas and implement it all in its next game?

Because while Oblivion and Skyrim are good games when you talk about being open world and exploration, etc, the gameplay itself has never been that great in the Elder Scrolls games. If the next Elder Scrolls combat was as good as Demon's Souls, dungeons in the game were as good as they were in Demon's Souls, even if they had to be randomized, etc, and the world as big as an Elder Scrolls? It'd be one of the best games ever.

Think of when you played an Elder Scrolls game as a melee character and all you did was block, wait until they attack and then attack back. Instead of that, parry the attack and throw the enemy off balance so you can thrust your sword in their chest. Side step behind them while they swing at air to stab them in the back, block then switch to two handed and keep slashing back and forth until they're dead, etc. Demon's Souls combat is amazing. I wouldn't think bad about Bethesda if they copied.
« 1 2 »

Who Did Boston Better? Fallout 4 or Assassin’s Creed III

11m ago - GameZone: "2015’s Fallout 4 is not the first time we’ve seen a virtual Boston. Back in 2012, Ubis... | PC

NISA Announce Stranger of Sword City Limited Edition

35m ago - Just last month, NIS America announced the intriguing release of PS Vita exclusive, Stranger of S... | PS Vita

See What TV Series Premiers this Month

Now - Check for a complete overview of season premiers this November. | Promoted post

Where the Hell is Breath of Fire?

35m ago - In many ways, the Breath of Fire series is the quintessential JRPG. When detractors of the genre... | PS2

Exist Archive ‘Miwakawa Ranze’ character introduction trailer

36m ago - Famitsu has published the latest in its series of character introduction trailers for Spike Chuns... | PS4

Nintendo Account service launched in Japan

37m ago - Nintendo has launched its Nintendo Account service, first detailed in October, in Japan. | Wii U