Submitted by Snake5k6 594d ago | news

Fatal Frame to Send Chills on PSN

The spine-chilling survival horror game, Fatal Frame (known as Project Zero in Europe), will be making its way onto the PSN for everybody to face their fears with the Playstation 2 classic. (Fatal Frame, PS3)

clintos59  +   594d ago
The ps2 library was so huge I never got a chance to play a few gems like this one. Im glad I will be able to play it through psn. I hope they can syphon filter series or hd remake.
jc48573  +   594d ago
OK.....it's just sort of strange when Nintendo owns the franchise (I think) and Tecmo is re-releasing a classic title that came out on the PS2 and now for the PSN. So what are they trying to do now? Are they taking the franchise back and fully own it again? So the reason why they are getting away with this is because they are not making any changes to the game, just simply putting it up on PSN or at least coded to be playable on PSN.
#2 (Edited 594d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(17) | Report | Reply
Buuhan1  +   594d ago
Nintendo owns "a large portion" of the Fatal Frame series, not the series itself, or at least that's what I can grasp. But even if they did, they have no ownership over the releases that hit other consoles, that's Tecmo's property.
Chrono  +   594d ago
Nintendo owns Pokemon, but they released a Pokedex app for iPhone.

Sony is still releasing online games for the PC, most recently: Dragon's Prophet, Wizardry Online, etc.

Microsoft owns Age of Empires, but there are two Nintendo DS games.
#2.2 (Edited 594d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Rush  +   594d ago
The PC example for Sony doesn't really work, Microsoft does own Windows yes, but it gains zero royalties and has zero creative control over the content released for the PC.

Both Nintendo and Apple gain royalties and have creative control over their platform/distribution method.
#2.2.1 (Edited 594d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
sherimae2413  +   594d ago
fatal frame 1-3 are all released on PS2
the only execption is the 4 and it also never released overseas and also that spin-off game for 3ds

i think tecmo has the rights to this games and nintendo only help to published the 4th game

for example bayonetta 2 ^_^
Tripe_Down  +   594d ago
This game has define the genre ..
Skate-AK  +   594d ago
Nice. I have all 3 for PS2.
SolidGear3  +   594d ago
I've been wanting an HD collection for years but this will do for now ^_^
#5 (Edited 594d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
stragomccloud  +   594d ago
Great game. Since Nintendo owns most of that IP now, just picture(bad pun I know) a fatal frame game on Wii U. It would be amazing. Just imagine the controller as the Camera Obscura!
#6 (Edited 594d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Venox2008  +   594d ago
yes, Im still hoping for it.. hell, even I would be happy if they re-released FFIV HD on eShop with localization and better controls with Wii u gamepad :) such an amazing game, I've finished with eng patch it, more people should play this game
sitharrefus  +   594d ago
Really looking forward to play this game!
Qrphe  +   594d ago
They could let us just play it off of the disc if we already own it but they resort to having us pay for it as a PS2 Classic.
insomnium2  +   594d ago
Ummm.. I'm playing this off the disc on my PS2 just fine thank you.

If you want to play it on PS3 buy the fat model off from ebay or something.

First world problems I tell you...
Qrphe  +   594d ago
You're going to say "no thank you" to a feature they could easily give us but instead prefer to sell to us?

Some people just love getting screwed over.
wishingW3L  +   594d ago
just when I thought I had a valuable game now they come and release it on PSN which mean that prices for the original copy will fall like a rock just like it happened with Grandia, Xenogears, etc. ;(

Meanwhile Suikoden II prices are skyrocketing and still not release. And I want to play that game without having to pay $200 for a disc in bad condition with no manual or case! The game's not even rare for god's sake. But thanks to a few morons that started to bend and pay those exorbitant prices for the game now everybody is selling them at a high price.
#8 (Edited 594d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
boybato  +   594d ago
Cool. How much is this for? Hope its only for 4.99 ala Odin Sphere. lol
#9 (Edited 594d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Skate-AK  +   594d ago
I'm sure it will be $10.
boybato  +   594d ago
yeah.. well I hope it will be part of sony's Spring Fever sale if ever they'll do that promo for this year as well.
Rockefellow  +   594d ago
It won't be.
Tommymk2  +   594d ago
Go buy yourself a ps2 an a sdtv even an old skool LCD n play it on there , any ps1 or ps2 game running on a HDTV looks terrible
Haules  +   594d ago
There goes the chance for a HD collection of all three games. Brilliant Tecmo, just brilliant.
wishingW3L  +   594d ago
funny thing is that most of their audience is on PlayStation but they keep making the sequels on Nintendo's systems... And yeah, they all flopped. These Japanese companies are just so clueless and I have to wonder why? Why are they so stupid?
NeoTribe  +   594d ago
I really wish they would make a new fatal frame. I personally cant play ps2 games anymore. The scariest part of this game will be the jaggies and pixel monsters running after you.
Deathdeliverer  +   594d ago
Fatal Frame 2 is the ONLY game I couldnt finish. Sure silent hill 1 and 2 had spine tingling parts, but I beat them. Fatal Frame 2 for some damn reason beat me. Now that the graphics look terrible compared to what we see these days, I will revisit it and hopefully not get freaked out. IM COMING FOR THAT ENDING FATAL FRAME!!!
RE_L_MAYER  +   594d ago
Niice....lol I have all 3 fatal frames but I never started playing because there is too much other shit I need to beat.....scary game indeed one of the best (p.s.himuro mansion is real)
rezzah  +   593d ago
I've wanted to play this game for so long. Finally I will get my chance.
RE_L_MAYER  +   592d ago
Do it, I actually started it but its scared the shit out of me in like second hour of playing so I never played again)))
Play at night with headset for best experience
rezzah  +   592d ago
I read that most who played this game never finished it from being too scared.

lol this reason alone makes me want to play it. I will finish it :)

Playing action video games ‘improves your ability to learn’

3m ago - Quick parents, hide this article from your kids or they might never stop playing computer games. | Culture

Steam’s Early Access Scheme Not Progressive

3m ago - Buying games before release sounds good or better; sounds amazing however sometimes things aren’t... | PC

I LOVE PASTA - Guide, Cheats and Strategy Tips

7m ago - I LOVE PASTA Guide Cheats - Strategy Tips for Android iPhone Game Increase fondness level with y... | iPhone

SNES A Day 164: Spindizzy Worlds

7m ago - The Amiga roots of Spindizzy Worlds are instantly clear from the title screen. | Retro

Wasted Compilation

Now - How people get wasted, not necessarily in GTA 5. | Promoted post

World of Warcraft was a defining game of its generation

7m ago - It's a defining characteristic of this generation that most of the games in our list play differe... | PC