Submitted by Snake5k6 816d ago | news

Fatal Frame to Send Chills on PSN

The spine-chilling survival horror game, Fatal Frame (known as Project Zero in Europe), will be making its way onto the PSN for everybody to face their fears with the Playstation 2 classic. (Fatal Frame, PS3)

clintos59  +   816d ago
The ps2 library was so huge I never got a chance to play a few gems like this one. Im glad I will be able to play it through psn. I hope they can syphon filter series or hd remake.
jc48573  +   816d ago
OK.....it's just sort of strange when Nintendo owns the franchise (I think) and Tecmo is re-releasing a classic title that came out on the PS2 and now for the PSN. So what are they trying to do now? Are they taking the franchise back and fully own it again? So the reason why they are getting away with this is because they are not making any changes to the game, just simply putting it up on PSN or at least coded to be playable on PSN.
#2 (Edited 816d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(17) | Report | Reply
Buuhan1  +   816d ago
Nintendo owns "a large portion" of the Fatal Frame series, not the series itself, or at least that's what I can grasp. But even if they did, they have no ownership over the releases that hit other consoles, that's Tecmo's property.
Chrono  +   816d ago
Nintendo owns Pokemon, but they released a Pokedex app for iPhone.

Sony is still releasing online games for the PC, most recently: Dragon's Prophet, Wizardry Online, etc.

Microsoft owns Age of Empires, but there are two Nintendo DS games.
#2.2 (Edited 816d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Rush  +   816d ago
The PC example for Sony doesn't really work, Microsoft does own Windows yes, but it gains zero royalties and has zero creative control over the content released for the PC.

Both Nintendo and Apple gain royalties and have creative control over their platform/distribution method.
#2.2.1 (Edited 816d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
sherimae2413  +   816d ago
fatal frame 1-3 are all released on PS2
the only execption is the 4 and it also never released overseas and also that spin-off game for 3ds

i think tecmo has the rights to this games and nintendo only help to published the 4th game

for example bayonetta 2 ^_^
Tripe_Down  +   816d ago
This game has define the genre ..
Skate-AK  +   816d ago
Nice. I have all 3 for PS2.
SolidGear3  +   816d ago
I've been wanting an HD collection for years but this will do for now ^_^
#5 (Edited 816d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
stragomccloud  +   816d ago
Great game. Since Nintendo owns most of that IP now, just picture(bad pun I know) a fatal frame game on Wii U. It would be amazing. Just imagine the controller as the Camera Obscura!
#6 (Edited 816d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Venox2008  +   816d ago
yes, Im still hoping for it.. hell, even I would be happy if they re-released FFIV HD on eShop with localization and better controls with Wii u gamepad :) such an amazing game, I've finished with eng patch it, more people should play this game
sitharrefus  +   816d ago
Really looking forward to play this game!
Qrphe  +   816d ago
They could let us just play it off of the disc if we already own it but they resort to having us pay for it as a PS2 Classic.
insomnium2  +   816d ago
Ummm.. I'm playing this off the disc on my PS2 just fine thank you.

If you want to play it on PS3 buy the fat model off from ebay or something.

First world problems I tell you...
Qrphe  +   815d ago
You're going to say "no thank you" to a feature they could easily give us but instead prefer to sell to us?

Some people just love getting screwed over.
wishingW3L  +   816d ago
just when I thought I had a valuable game now they come and release it on PSN which mean that prices for the original copy will fall like a rock just like it happened with Grandia, Xenogears, etc. ;(

Meanwhile Suikoden II prices are skyrocketing and still not release. And I want to play that game without having to pay $200 for a disc in bad condition with no manual or case! The game's not even rare for god's sake. But thanks to a few morons that started to bend and pay those exorbitant prices for the game now everybody is selling them at a high price.
#8 (Edited 816d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
boybato  +   816d ago
Cool. How much is this for? Hope its only for 4.99 ala Odin Sphere. lol
#9 (Edited 816d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Skate-AK  +   816d ago
I'm sure it will be $10.
boybato  +   816d ago
yeah.. well I hope it will be part of sony's Spring Fever sale if ever they'll do that promo for this year as well.
Rockefellow  +   816d ago
It won't be.
Tommymk2  +   816d ago
Go buy yourself a ps2 an a sdtv even an old skool LCD n play it on there , any ps1 or ps2 game running on a HDTV looks terrible
Haules  +   816d ago
There goes the chance for a HD collection of all three games. Brilliant Tecmo, just brilliant.
wishingW3L  +   816d ago
funny thing is that most of their audience is on PlayStation but they keep making the sequels on Nintendo's systems... And yeah, they all flopped. These Japanese companies are just so clueless and I have to wonder why? Why are they so stupid?
NeoTribe  +   816d ago
I really wish they would make a new fatal frame. I personally cant play ps2 games anymore. The scariest part of this game will be the jaggies and pixel monsters running after you.
Deathdeliverer  +   816d ago
Fatal Frame 2 is the ONLY game I couldnt finish. Sure silent hill 1 and 2 had spine tingling parts, but I beat them. Fatal Frame 2 for some damn reason beat me. Now that the graphics look terrible compared to what we see these days, I will revisit it and hopefully not get freaked out. IM COMING FOR THAT ENDING FATAL FRAME!!!
RE_L_MAYER  +   815d ago
Niice....lol I have all 3 fatal frames but I never started playing because there is too much other shit I need to beat.....scary game indeed one of the best (p.s.himuro mansion is real)
rezzah  +   815d ago
I've wanted to play this game for so long. Finally I will get my chance.
RE_L_MAYER  +   814d ago
Do it, I actually started it but its scared the shit out of me in like second hour of playing so I never played again)))
Play at night with headset for best experience
rezzah  +   814d ago
I read that most who played this game never finished it from being too scared.

lol this reason alone makes me want to play it. I will finish it :)

Xbox One Won't Abandon Japan; Microsoft's New Local CEO Boasts Better Games than Ever Before

10m ago - Today Microsoft Japan Held a press briefing in Tokyo, outlining the corporate strategy for the ne... | Xbox One

Thoughts on the E3 2015 Press Conferences

10m ago - Hex gives her thoughts on the Press Conferences from E3 2015. It looks like this generation of ga... | PC

YoYo Games, home of GameMaker: Studio

Now - Game development could not be simpler with GameMaker: Studio, the fastest and easiest to use 2D game engine! | Promoted post

Batman: Arkham Knight Review | Hey Poor Player

24m ago - Despite some overambitious new mechanics, Arkham Knight makes for a very strong conclusion to Roc... | PC

Konami looks back at E3 2015 in 'Eyes of the Fox' recap video

25m ago - Konami has published a new video that looks back at Metal Gear Solid V's E3 presence, showing the... | PC

Horror Games & VR: A New Level of Terror or a Dead End?

29m ago - VRFocus hosts a guest piece from Liz Mercuri, Prince William Scholar currently researching the fi... | Dev