Submitted by JonnyBigBoss 923d ago | opinion piece

Will Solid Snake Be Born During Big Boss's Coma, Appear Voiced By David Hayter In MGS5?

GR writes: "After hearing all this news of David Hayter not voicing Big Boss in Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain I couldn't help but raise an eyebrow. This is the guy who has been an iconic voice actor for every Metal Gear installment since 1998. He is charming, fits the role well, and enjoys his job. For him to publicly Tweet that he wasn't even asked to voice Big Boss in MGS5 is extremely suspicious. Then it dawned on me: this has to be another troll by Hideo Kojima." (Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, PS3, Xbox 360)

doctorstrange  +   923d ago
Woo, I hope so.
dbjj12088  +   923d ago
I cannot wait to see how MGSV turns out. It looks f***ing awesome!
Gaming101  +   923d ago
It's unlikely that this is true, Kojima still has the old voice actor playing in the Japanese version of the game. This looks like either a money issue for Konami, as Hayter may have raised his rate, or Kojima is doing the same retarded nonsense he did back when he thought it would be a great idea to have the main character be a half male half female looking double gender person with long blond hair, and a whiny personality, all based on some forum message board from some stupid Japanese girl who didn't like that Snake was such a masculine manly character. Kojima took that and ruined Metal Gear Solid 2 all from that, so no, I don't trust Kojima's intuition.
JonnyBigBoss  +   923d ago
I would donate my second kidney for this to be true.
Heavenly King  +   923d ago
Snake was already born 2 years BEFORE MGS:Peace Walker.
#1.3 (Edited 923d ago ) | Agree(12) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
El_Colombiano  +   923d ago
Your point helps what this article was TRYING to do. If Solid was born while Naked was in the coma, Hayter would be voicing a prepubescence 10 year old.
Outside_ofthe_Box  +   923d ago
Wouldn't he be a child though?
Tito08  +   923d ago
Definitely, Snake was born in '72, by the events of Portable Ops, Big Boss accepted to do the "Les Enfant Terribles" project, so by the events of Phantom Pain, both Solid & Liquid are 11 by then, Solidus Snake is the more tricky story since he's Big Boss's perfect clone, the main one.
#1.5 (Edited 923d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Nitrowolf2  +   923d ago
Snake was born by default with David Hayter Voice. Puberty by the age of 1.
Tito08  +   923d ago
Yep, totally agree with you Nitro.
Root  +   923d ago
Does Snake make any reference that he's met Big Boss before the first Metal Gear/Metal Gear 2 when he apparently kills him.

I don't think I've heard anything in the games that says he's saw him when he was younger.
Tito08  +   923d ago
Uhmmm, not that I remember, because he was a child soldier, but likely met him as simply Fox-Hound's general, but definitely at some point Big Boss will know about him, just like Raiden knew nothing about his past until Solidus told him everything, that includes killing Raiden biological parents.
Wedge19  +   923d ago
Great theory! I would love this link in the stories.
#3 (Edited 923d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
TheOneEyedHound  +   923d ago
Lmao so you are saying a 12year old Solid Snake will have that same voice we all know and love LAWL!!!
WUTCHUGUNNADO  +   923d ago
Maybe he hit puberty early... :3
#4.1 (Edited 923d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
synchroscheme  +   922d ago
Didn't Solidus and to a lesser extent Liquid and Solid Snake have accelerated aging?
Heavenly King  +   923d ago
Snake was already born 2 years BEFORE MGS:Peace Walker (Before Grounds Zeroes and TPP). After the coma in "the phantom Pain" Snake would like 11 years old.

This gaming "journalists" need to do their homework before posting nonsense.
Outside_ofthe_Box  +   923d ago
Exactly. Solid would be a little child and him having an adult voice would be... LOL
Eamon  +   922d ago
Indeed, a tard of an article.
TheOneEyedHound  +   923d ago
This is how I expect the MGS series to end, if this indeed is the last MGS:

After the last cutscene, we now see a very old Solid Snake(Voiced by Hayter) talking to Meryl's kids and Raiden's, or writing a book, or maybe to himself in a mental institution.

Probably saying, "and that's my and my fathers story, we saved the world which nobody knew it needed saving....And now....I'm an average nobody, I get the live the rest of my life like a Schnook.
#6 (Edited 923d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
TheOneEyedHound  +   923d ago
New Twist!! The reason Big boss voice changed was because a character from MGSV that we don't know explains Big Boss story for MGS5.
#6.1 (Edited 923d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Omar91  +   923d ago
I'm glad I read this, it brought back a dim light of hope for me.
MattyG  +   923d ago
I have a feeling this is either true, r partly true. Maybe he is doing it not because they meet in MGS5, but because they will meet in a future game. Also, I think them having the exact same voice confuses a lot of people who aren't "hardcore" fans, so they may have changed it to prevent confusion. Either way, I'm not gonna fuss about it. I don't think Kojima would keep this new guy if he wasn't good, so I'm not too worried.
porkChop  +   923d ago
Omfg. DO. YOUR. HOMEWORK. As a "journalist" that's part of your job! Solid Snake was born in 1972, 2 years before Peace Walker. I get so annoyed with these people. It's like no one ever bothers to check their facts anymore when writing these articles. Instead, they just spew out a bunch of terribly misinformed bullshit.
CaitSith  +   922d ago
My friend, may I present to you: the INTERNET.

#9.1 (Edited 922d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
greatcrusader44  +   923d ago
How does the rapid aging thing work for Big Boss's clones? Its been awhile since I played the games, but the clones (except for Solidus who looked old in MGS2, was he cloned as a full formed adult?) All looked around the age you'd think they'd be in if they were born in early 70's, with Snake only looking peculiarly old in mgs4.

So do the clones grow normally for 30yrs and then rapidly age? Or have they been aging fast since birth? If its the latter I can see a Hayter cameo as Solid, but not the former.
#10 (Edited 923d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
perfectCarbonara  +   923d ago
I just gave birth to a solid snake this morning so yeah, why not ?
SeraphimBlade  +   923d ago
I dunno. Hayter's a great voice actor but it might sound pretty terribles if he voiced les enfant.
2pacalypsenow  +   922d ago
Im hoping this is the case
Batzi  +   922d ago
I didn't even bother reading the article. The moment I read this bullshit "will Solid Snake be born during Big Boss' coma" I lost hope in humanity.
ame22  +   922d ago
Snake in his infancy voiced by Hayter, that has to be biggest joke of the year.

Scraps - Story of a Dog Put on Hold, But Not Scrapped

15m ago - Dan Miller writes: "It’s always upsetting to see a project struggling, even if it’s not one I bac... | PC

First 45 Mins of Read Only Memories, an LGBT Cyberpunk Adventure

1h ago - The Kickstarter-funded adventure game Read Only Memories released yesterday and is getting attent... | PC

Forza Motorsport 6 (XB1) Review

Now - Ken checks out the latest numbered Forza title. | Promoted post

Star Wars Battlefront SHAREfactory Theme Now Available

1h ago - The #StarWarsBattlefront #SHAREfactory theme is now available in SCEA. More regions coming soon c... | PS4

PS4 Gets 10 Colorful Disgaea 5 Themes on the North American PSN; Screenshots Inside

1h ago - If you want to customize your PS4 dashboard with Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance, NIS America re... | PS4

Cyberpunk Themed Invisible Apartment 2 Hacks Our Hearts - Cliqist

3h ago - Serena Nelson writes: "While I originally backed Invisible Apartment 2 for the Cyberpunk themes,... | PC