Try our new beta! Click here
Submitted by ChaosKnight 977d ago | news

Kojima Shows Up At GDC Panel in Full Bandages to Debut New Trailer, Confirm MGS V

Hardcore Gamer: After a few briefs minute of pause, Hideo Kojima arrived at the Fox Engine GDC Panel in full facial bandages. Soon after, he revealed a brand new trailer for Metal Gear Solid : Ground Zeroes feauting Garbage’s “Not Your Kind of People”. (Hideo Kojima, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, PS3, Xbox 360)

Alternative Sources
Prcko  +   977d ago
#1 (Edited 977d ago ) | Agree(15) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
SPAM-FRITTER-123  +   977d ago
Played on PC :D
trenso1  +   977d ago
yes but without need for explanation we know that pc had hardware to match the ps3 or ps4 which ever console its coming for, since the game was not announced for pc as far as i know
TotalHitman  +   977d ago
Only on PS3 and Xbox 360. Ouch! Does it hurt?
MysticStrummer  +   977d ago
"Played on PC :D"

lol PC folks are sad.
Xaphy  +   977d ago
fap fap fap
Good_Guy_Jamal  +   977d ago
I was largely disinterested until I found out moments ago that Kiefer Sutherland is voicing Snake. Jack Bauer + Snake = too much manliness to miss out. I'm buying this day 1.
Edit: never mind. Seems someone was pulling the wool over my head. Hype back to - 4
#1.3 (Edited 977d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(11) | Report | Reply
raWfodog  +   977d ago
Keifer is in the game but he's voicing Ishmail, the other character helping Snake.
Karlnag3  +   977d ago
@Prcko is that guy in your 2nd gif playing Kinect Adventures?

On Topic: This game just keeps looking better!
#1.4 (Edited 977d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
chadboban  +   977d ago
We all knew it. Still freaking psyched though!
chadboban  +   977d ago
Wow is it just me or did this announcement cause Gamespot's entire site to crash?
GiggMan  +   977d ago
I can't get on either... The internet (as far as gamespot goes) exploded!
azshorty2003  +   977d ago
Freaking GS. EVERY TIME! You would think they would have great servers by now
zerocrossing  +   977d ago
I never had an issue :/
gunnerforlife  +   977d ago
no you're wrong! the whole internet has crashed! check out the news sometimes, the whole internet has slowed down cuz two companies are fighting it out :/ my facebook page and other pages have slowed down! and netflix!
Bumpmapping  +   977d ago
Awesome MGS FTW.
Gamer-40  +   977d ago
I think MGS5 multiplatform game.
NYC_Gamer  +   977d ago
MGS5 is confirmed to be multiplatform
Gamer-40  +   977d ago
Yes, i know.
But many gamers say, new MGS not multiplatform.
KillerPwned  +   977d ago
FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is what I been waiting for on GDC.

The real question is what platforms will this be for? I though I read awhile back this was confirmed for PS3,360 and PC.
#5 (Edited 977d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
vegetassj51  +   977d ago
where is David Hayter, that didn't sound like him
Donnieboi  +   977d ago
They got someone new. It happens. We'll just have to live with it.
Slient Knight 9  +   977d ago
he did say how would people feel if he didn't voice snake in next mgs game.
NatureOfLogic  +   977d ago
I noticed that too. That voice was a little weak compared to David Hayter. As a hardcore MGS fan this could affect the feel of the game for me.
#6.3 (Edited 977d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Prcko  +   977d ago
haha some guy said on chat when snake was crawling : pay 4,99$ to walk hahahahah
BroGamer  +   977d ago
So MGS GZ and the Phantom Pain are one game, MGS V? It wasn't made so clear.
Donnieboi  +   977d ago
Yes it was made clear. He said that Phantom Pain (the hospital portion) leads to the open world version. It will all be on one disc as one full game. Phantom pain = linear portion that helps users learn controls, while Ground Zeroes lets u run free and do as u want in a sandbox style.

All ONE game. MGS V.
BroGamer  +   977d ago
Sweet, thanks! That's awesome. Stoked!
Shuyin  +   977d ago
I correct.

All on one disc..

on PS3.

MasterCornholio  +   977d ago
Cool i thought the 2 were separate games. Im happy that you cleared that up.
#8.1.3 (Edited 977d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(0) | Report
dumahim  +   977d ago
I was watching this on gamespot and it seems the site went down. I can't get it to load now. Is this running on any other site?
Clover904  +   977d ago
that's what I want to know. This was THE announcement I was waiting for at GDC
dumahim  +   977d ago
Long over at this point, but was glad to see you can go back and watch stuff and catch up later, unlike some other streams.
ziggurcat  +   977d ago
so... how many MGS games are in development now? 3?

edit: nevermind, my question was answered above.
#10 (Edited 977d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
HyperBear  +   977d ago
Metal Gear Solid 5 on PC!!! Very Awesome...:D
Slient Knight 9  +   977d ago
Did anyone else notice that Big Boss artificial hand looks same as Ramón Gálvez Mena, from mgs peace walker.

I wonder if MGS5 come to ps4? aswell
Donnieboi  +   976d ago
Yeah it looked exactly like the same hand. Another clue to ponder on...
fsfsxii  +   977d ago
I WANT IT!!! Can't wait to play this on my Ps3!!
TeflonHahn  +   977d ago
In regards to David Hayter not voicing Big Boss, It just dawned on me that Big Boss Had a different voice at the end of Guns of the patriots. Snake is rumored to actually be in MGS5. (Timeline wise its about time he meets snake leading up to Metal Gear) Maybe Hayter actually is snake and someone else is Big Boss? Cause it would be weird having the same exact voice actor interacting with one another. Especially clones nonetheless.
Heisenburger  +   977d ago
The entire conference was cgi.

/s lol
DFresh  +   977d ago
I'm confused.
Is MGS5 it's own title or is it the new name title of what would we know now as Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes?
If Ground Zeroes and MGS5 are separate titles then wouldn't it be smart to release Ground Zeroes on PS3/Xbox 360 and then release MGS5 on PS4/Xbox 720.
Campy da Camper  +   977d ago
All one game. Ground Zeros and Phantom Pain = Mgs5. PP is beg of game and leads to GZ which is open world portion.
DFresh  +   976d ago
Thanks for the clarification.
gweggegw   977d ago | Spam
Shotcalm-  +   977d ago
why would he show up in bandages? :P
hesido  +   976d ago
The game looks friggin' superb, if they can match it in the final product.

FYI, that wasn't Kojima, but a hologram rendered using Fox Engine. The engine is that powerful.
-To the folks who thought Joakim was CG.

Xbox One Wireless Controller Final Fantasy XV Edition listed

13m ago - Play Asia has listed a Final Fantasy XV Edition of the Xbox One Wireless Controller. | Xbox One

Fallout 4 and humanity’s descent into madness

18m ago - "Fallout 4 is a game about violence. We're introduced to it early, with the Great War that devast... | PC

US Movie Releases to Look Out For in November

Now - Remember, remember, the films of November! It’s the time of year when the nights draw in, the year winds down and studios line up their most presti... | Promoted post

Remastered Earthbound Soundtrack To Be Sold On Vinyl

4h ago - 20 years after it was released on SNES, Earthbound is getting a vinyl release for its remastered... | Culture

Blaze Proves the Commodore Amiga Was Capable of Sonic the Hedgehog

15h ago - Carl Williams writes, "While Sega never supported the Commodore Amiga with any games, they did la... | Retro

Westwood Studios to Receive Industry Icon Award at The Game Awards 2015

15h ago - Host Geoff Keighley just announced that the defunct Westwood Studios will receive the “Industry I... | Retro