Submitted by TheXploder 485d ago | news

God of War Has Been Made Easier

The God of War series has always been notorious for its challenging moments. Some gamers tend to forget that the game is an action game and occasionally will bring a challenge to the table. Well now God of War Ascension has been made easier over an uproar of one of the hardest sections in the game. (God of War: Ascension, PS3, Santa Monica Studios, Sony Computer Entertainment)

HarryMasonHerpderp  +   485d ago
It should never of been patched.
I mean where do you draw the line if you listen to whinny people from the gaming media? God Of War fans like the challenge and this game is clearly made for the fans.
#1 (Edited 485d ago ) | Agree(20) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
SolidSystem  +   485d ago
You do not get to speak for myself as a God of War fan.

I never once liked God of War because of its difficulty or the challenge. What I enjoyed was a tight combat system mixed with a very interesting world that satisfied.
HarryMasonHerpderp  +   485d ago
"What I enjoyed was a tight combat system"

but the combat system is at its best and really shines through in the more challenging parts. You don't get to use your full arsenal of weapons/magic when there are a small amount of enemies to fight (well you don't need to anyway). The combat truly comes alive when there are a variety of different enemies all coming at you AKA the challenging parts.
#1.1.1 (Edited 485d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(2) | Report
SolidSystem  +   485d ago
however the challenge isnt what I like about God of War, do I enjoy a good fight? Sure. But I'm not going to sit there and go "god of war is ruined. its too easy now". That not why I picked up every god of war. Its not why I'm a fan.
#1.1.2 (Edited 485d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(0) | Report
HarryMasonHerpderp  +   485d ago
Okay then fair enough.
I'm assuming you're in the minority though.
I dunno I could be wrong? do most God Of War fans enjoy the challenge in a GOW game? I know I do.
#1.1.3 (Edited 485d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report
Wintersun616  +   485d ago
I completed the supposedly too difficult part on Hard mode on my second try. The game overall was a lot easier than 1, 2 or 3 on Hard difficulty. I have a hard time understanding the people who whine about this part on the internet especially because it's not even that hard to begin with.
Ezz2013  +   484d ago
too much call of duty ...that's the reason
Insomnia_84  +   485d ago
The Trial Of Archimedes was not as difficult as some people said. You just have to be patient, use all the powers you have wisely and block. And considering there was no "Challenge Of The Gods" this time, they should've left the difficulty as it was. It was the only challenging part in the whole game.
#1.3 (Edited 485d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Heavenly King  +   485d ago
The game is awesome and everyone with a PS3 needs to play this game. Also the patch does not makes the fights in the trials easier, it just gives you some green orbs after you completed a level.

The patch is nothing major really. If you were able to do it before the patch, if you get more health it just wont matter, because you were already able to do it without the bit of extra health. And the enemies will behave the same and do same damage.

And if you barely completed level 1 because of luck, then the green orbs will help you to proceed.

I have completed the game in titan before the patch. And played it on titan after the patch just to see if there is any difference; and it is the same, but you get a bit of health, that if you knew already how to beat the first level is not noticeable at all.

People needs to stop complaining about everything and appreciate this amazing game.
#1.4 (Edited 485d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
ziggurcat  +   485d ago
"It should never of been patched."

actually, papy had said just prior to the patch that that section of the game turned out to be more difficult than he had originally intended.

second paragraph.

and i think the issue was more to do with the spike in difficulty from normal mode to hard mode. i personally got through the trial on my second attempt on normal, but it took me 2 hours to get through on hard.
#1.5 (Edited 485d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
finbars75  +   485d ago
Bullshit its been fixed.Im playing the last part of the game where you go up 5 levels and I still get no health whatsoever.I get to the second level and I have hardlesy any health at all.Im playing it on normal and still cant beat that part.I have been playing this for a week now with no patience any more.
#1.6 (Edited 485d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
Ezz2013  +   484d ago
sooo...in your mind
was that the game fault or you are just not a good player ?!

if you notice alot of who got the game finished that part on hard and normal
i'm one of them
and didn't get any updates for the game because i don't go online
finbars75  +   482d ago
Yeah that is it im not a good player.First of all only 1% of people who played this game on normal and up have beaten it so that tells you my friend you havnt done your information.My friend is actually ridiculiousy good at GOW games and couldnt get past the 5 levels.The only people who have beaten this game have been the ones on easy.I think your full of shit personally so nice try bud.
imsocool1234  +   485d ago
God of War 2 in my opinion was the best in the series and the hardest.

God of War is known to be gory, difficult and offensive.
If we take a look back in Greek Mythology, killing, sexism and adultery are rampant in it, so what's the problem?

We have feminine males like Sessler because the game is not how he wants it, or he purposely down rates it to get hits to his website. Didn't he review and praise God of War 2? What's so different now?
#2 (Edited 485d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
DragonKnight  +   485d ago
This game has just been an epic facepalm since release thanks to Madam Sessler stirring up the feminist B.S. as well as complaining about this very Trial, and then the rest of the New Age gamers who don't know what real difficulty is throwing a b*tchfest because something was too hard for them. GET BETTER AT THE GAME! I am willing to bet real money that there are children out there, honest to god kids, that could beat the Trials of Archimedes and cry less than the "adults" playing Ascension.

Thank Japan for Demon's/Dark Souls.
Yodagamer  +   485d ago
Yea because Adam was the first and only person to comment on the difficult spike. (Sarcasm).
#3.1 (Edited 485d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(13) | Report | Reply
DragonKnight  +   485d ago
Yes, because that's EXACTLY what I said isn't it. (Reverse Sarcasm)
Wintersun616  +   485d ago
There was no spike to begin with. It was easier than I thought it would be on Hard.
Yodagamer  +   485d ago
"thanks to Madam Sessler stirring up the feminist B.S. as well as complaining about this very Trial" it seemed like you commented on him exclusively. @winter sun I'm not saying there is one, but its been complained about a lot of times. Personally I love a challenge as much as anyone :-)
#3.1.3 (Edited 485d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report
DragonKnight  +   485d ago
My comment is talking about the fact that Madam Sessler is a very well-known gaming journalist and is the biggest reason for the controversy around GoW:A's trophy name change, as well as twice mentioning that that particular trial was too hard for him to complete and he needed someone else to do it for him. He wasn't the first or the only, but his voice was heard a lot more.
pr0t0typeknuckles  +   485d ago
lmao,madam sessler.
Agreed, careful though. Madam Sess might not like your comment so he might start b*tching to the N4G mods to change it lolz.

On Topic: I just died a little inside T-T I guess i won't patch it until i'm through on hard.
Der_Kommandant  +   485d ago
I nearly broke my controller and my fingers in the last level.
imsocool1234  +   485d ago
The select few only find it hard now? It's always been hard on the highest difficulty and that's the way it should be.

If people can't figure out how to block/parry and chain combos, then I feel sorry for you guys.

The trials are notorious for it's difficulty, since God of War 1. Anytime I would die, I would rage, but I liked the challenge and I was satisfied after completing it.
Wintersun616  +   485d ago
The Trials of Archimedes is only a level in the SP campaign. Not comparable to the "Trials" in Gow 1, 2 and 3. And it wasn't even too hard.
DwightOwen  +   485d ago
I knew SonyDrones were a bunch of fanboy casuals. I'll bet you all were the bunch whining about Crushing difficulty being too difficult in Uncharted as well.
imsocool1234  +   485d ago
Oh, the irony lol!

Your Pc fanboyism is showing lol
DwightOwen  +   485d ago
Clearly you've never played on decent PC, or you would understand why I only keep my consoles around for the exclusives.
Blank  +   484d ago
Damn you just OWENed Dwight!... Okay sorry I couldnt help it I am taking my leave now *scurries away*
MeatAbstract  +   485d ago
All it took was a bit of planning out. It was a challenge but it was doable.

It's a shame this has been patched. This is the sort of thing that should divide gamers and when the the younger generation are older, they'll talk about the Trial of Archimedes and its difficulty. But now it's just another forgettable walk through the park for people.
SolidSystem  +   485d ago
why should it divide gamers?

we are all gamers, should not every gamer have a change to take on the final boss of a game regardless of skill? I thought that's why we built in difficulty settings now, Hard for those who enjoy the challenge, Easy for those who simply experience Krato's wrath.
MeatAbstract  +   485d ago
I meant divide not in a bad way. I meant the Trial of Archimedes is a challenge and there may be some people that struggle with it and others that don't. It could of been remembered as a more challenging aspect from a game this generation. It could have been discussed and remembered and debated about long after it's many people have played, completed and shelved it.

I personally think Santa Monica should of left it the way it was.
pr0t0typeknuckles  +   485d ago
imo i cant speak about saying the challenge in ascensions is hard since i dont have it yet,but i doubt its as hard as everyone says,only because i never felt god of war was ever that tough to begin with,sure there has been very few spots where i was like crap that was tough but ithe series doesnt have difficulty that can compare to ninja gaiden or DMC,etc...imo,and ive played some infuriating games before.
maddfoxx  +   485d ago
To me, the only GOW that was hard in the series was the first. They started getting easier as the series went on. It kinda takes all of the fun out of the game, since it doesn't have much of anything else to challenge players.
FunAndGun  +   485d ago
I wish gaming was still looked upon as something only losers, nerds, and geeks do. Today, every game seems to be made with the goal of pleasing everyone and making gameplay that everyone can pick up and master with ease.

Our hobby jumped the shark and it really sucks sometimes.
markte  +   485d ago
Wait, God of War is considered challenging? REALLY!? After how easy GOW was, I played all the rest on hard on my first playthrough, and still didn't find them very challenging.
TH3 GAM3  +   485d ago
I already Platinum the game without the patch. It was hard, I'm not gonna sit here and say otherwise but it can be done.
ZILLA  +   485d ago
just play on EASY...
dont make a patch to make NORMAL EASY.my 9 year old beat the game on normal and had no problem beating the game.plus Ascension wasnt about single player,it was about multiplayer.GOW IV will come out on PS4.
latinillusion81  +   485d ago
if you cant pass this part of the game then you should just put down the controller and give up on these games. i passed this part the first time so i don't see why people are complaining that it is "too hard".
Morgue  +   485d ago
Glad I beat it before the pansy patch hit.
Heavenly King  +   485d ago
It is not a big deal really. If you knew already how to do it, the patch wont matter at all.
Heavenly King  +   485d ago

#16 (Edited 485d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Swiftfox  +   485d ago
Thanks for your comment. After reading the only thing changed was the placing of health and magic orbs after each section, I was a bit curious to the backlash. Nothing, as far as I know, requires you to get the orbs before moving on. You can easily beat it as it was before.

This article was very bias in it's tone over the change. Underhanded language, a condescending attitude, and the title. It could just as easily been, “God of War's difficulty gets fine tuned.” Something positive. From the tone, it's as if this person is telling people to avoid the game now.

If Demon Souls and Dark Souls has shown us anything, it's people are very willing to be challenged, but they expect a fair challenge. The God of War section in question suffered from elements of RNG, cheesy enemy tactics and attacks, as well as a poor parry system(two button parries are an incorrect system for reflexive gameplay). Players were feeling cheated out of beating the section over and over. When you feel like you're being cheated, you stop playing. Most adults have better things to do with their time. I'm sure this isn't the developers giving into “whiners”, this is them admitting the fight wasn't properly designed to offer challenge fairly.
Donnywho  +   485d ago
I've said it before and I'll say it again. You can sell most of these people a button that says I win along with a full trophy set for $60 dollars a pop.
zlpw0ker  +   485d ago
I must say Gow:a was the first gow game that actually challenged me,and I spent like 2hours on the challenge of arhimedes which has patched,I felt really good when i completed it tho,so kinda stupid they patched it,but it would be impossible almost on hardest difficulty.

the combat in gow isnt that tight,I used to just spam a few combos in gow without even looking and such and gow1-3 is just to easy.
if I want challenge on h&s games I play other games that can challenge me.
silvacrest  +   485d ago
what i dont get is why not prompt the player to play on easy if he/she dies to often in one section? didn't the previous games do that?

the easy difficulty can have the adjustment on the trials, leaving normal, hard and titan alone

i admit i died plenty of times during the trials on hard but i did it comfortably with a element change

i still plan to play again on titan but instead of looking forward to the ultimate challenge the game has to offer, it will be a cakewalk

Lotus 98T Formula One car arrives in Assetto Corsa

5m ago - VVV: "Headlining Assetto Corsa Version 0.21 is the inclusion of an all-new car for the title: Lot... | PC

Gaming Live to take on Twitch with new service for streamers

10m ago - With Twitch reportedly having been sold to Youtube (Google) for $1bn, Gaming Live is about to lau... | PC

LittleBigPlanet 3 Interview: Sackboy Is Back But This Time He Is Not Alone

13m ago - Senior Producer Daimion Pinnock on how LittleBigPlanet 3 will innovate the series but at the same... | PS3

GamerBolt: Blue Estate Game Review

17m ago - GamerBolt: "Blue Estate is a game that doesn’t deliver the full package that it could have. This... | PS4

Start Making Games for the PS4

Ubisoft confirms Felony System for ‘The Crew’

28m ago - Examiner got the chance to chat with Andrew Willans, Senior Game Designer at Ubisoft Reflections,... | PC