Submitted by GodisaGeek 554d ago | news

UK Charts - Gears of War Still Popular, Enters at Number One

GodisaGeek: Despite concerns that it was too soon for another Gears of War, it seems the public have gone out and purchased it anyway, as it enters the UK charts in first place." (Gears of War Judgment, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, PC, PS3, The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct, Wii U, Xbox 360)

Alternative Sources
Good to see it has had a good start. Kinda tired of the franchise myself though and I won't be buying it.
#1 (Edited 554d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(12) | Report | Reply
Monstar  +   554d ago
atleast rent it for the ONLINE.
Genuine-User  +   554d ago
That's exactly what I have done.
Good on Epic for keeping online free.
Good_Guy_Jamal  +   554d ago
Interesting to note, Tomb Raider on PS3 is currently more popular than God of War Ascension despite the latter being newer http://www.chart-track.co.u...
Franchise fatigue may very well be settling in.
Also, facepalm @Walking Dead on 360 being the 3rd highest selling game last week in the UK behind Tomb Raider 360 and Gears Judgement.
@Hingle, I'll also be skipping Judgement, its one too many for my liking and I've said so since day one and I've only played 1 and 2.
#2 (Edited 554d ago ) | Agree(11) | Disagree(22) | Report | Reply
Monstar  +   554d ago
why skip judgement? if feels like a different game. its like Halo and gears mashed in one. the quick nades, being able to jump off high platforms and just the new weaponary and improved melee system is soo sooo sweet. Try it.
otherZinc  +   554d ago
Judgment is magnificent & I've only been playing the single player. I'm on Aftermath now. Played the entire game on Hardcore, I'm immediately running it back on Insane Mode & I'll be open to play co-op with others after I complete Aftermath.

Fantastic game!
FriedGoat  +   554d ago
"Judgment is magnificent & I've only been playing the single player" Stopped there, Gears campaign is always boring as hell, enemies, walk, enemies walk. I like the online, but judgement looks too much like a newb fest for me to buy.
TekoIie  +   554d ago
@FriedGoat

Might want to check out the declassified missions concept. They really change the levels up and it feels fresh being offered new challenges.

Going through on insane now and I'm dreading some of them.
nukeitall  +   554d ago
I agree with Monstar. If fatigue should have set in, it should have been with previous installment, not the one with the biggest change.

GoWJ is very refreshing, and the smooth cover system with the smoother controlls is awesome. My only complaints, there is a lot of changes to the weapons as well, and I have to adapt again.

"Interesting to note, Tomb Raider on PS3 is currently more popular than God of War Ascension despite the latter being newer"

Goes to show you that exclusives don't matter as much...
#2.2 (Edited 554d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(6) | Report | Reply
Outside_ofthe_Box  +   554d ago
***"Goes to show you that exclusives don't matter as much..."***

How do you figure that? Gears sold more than Tomb Raider on the 360. I guess exclusives do matter as much now? Don't worry, we all get the message you and Jamal are trying to paint lol.
#2.2.1 (Edited 554d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(1) | Report
CommonSenseGamer  +   554d ago
@outside:
Just so you know I'm ignoring your comments from now on also. You so easily jump to conclusions and make assumptions that quite frankly reflect just how much of a fanboy you are. By all means keep on commenting but quite frankly, I've never found anything you've said of any interest anyway.
Hicken  +   554d ago
lol @ CommonSense talking about someone jumping to conclusions.

How do you disregard his comment here, anyway? It's pretty spot-on. Even if it weren't about sales, exclusives are the primary things that differentiate one console from another; how do they not matter?
nukeitall  +   553d ago
@Hicken:

"It's pretty spot-on. Even if it weren't about sales, exclusives are the primary things that differentiate one console from another; how do they not matter?"

That is the thing, exclusive no longer is, because the console isn't a single function machine anymore. People lay weight on not just the games, but also the overall platform features including exclusives.

Fact of the matter is, other than zealots wanting it to be such, exclusives don't matter as much anymore. If it did, PCs would rule over consoles!
GamersRulz  +   554d ago
you say TR is more popular than GOW. Then you bring a link to UK sales?

Do I need to point out your mistake?

I'll give you a hint: UK is a single country in Europe. I hope you figured out your mistake by now.
SonyNGP  +   554d ago
>TWD outsold Monster Hunter

People actually picked that sack of poop over Monster Hunter? Really?!
BanBrother  +   554d ago
Sad. Just shows how stupid people are OR how low their standards are OR they have too much money. Sadly, it seems Activision will get away with this.
I thought this gen would have done away with crappy cash-ins.
r21  +   554d ago
Brand names, they sell. The Walking Dead is one of the hottest TV shows this year.

I just hope the buyers are happy enough that they're playing as Daryl.
#3.2 (Edited 554d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
EffectO  +   554d ago
It sold 4x less than Gears 3,people are tired of endless sequels...Gears 3 was a bit frontloaded in UK(G3=G1+G2)though
Down with the sequels,give us new stuff.

WiiU has finally managed to land a game(two) in UK top 40.
Nintendo fanbase is so weird.
#4 (Edited 554d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(6) | Report | Reply
DiRtY  +   554d ago
Gears of War: J 3 times the amount God of War: A sold in its first week in UK.

I will pick my copy up when my vacation finally begins. (4 weeks to go!)
abzdine  +   554d ago
i heard the last one is boring and disappointing
#6 (Edited 554d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(8) | Report | Reply
SDF Repellent  +   554d ago
Great to see. Bloody Well done Epic, PCF and Microsoft.
#7 (Edited 554d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
tigertron  +   554d ago
I'm glad to have contributed to Judgment's sales.
urwifeminder  +   554d ago
I have yet to get halo 4 and the new gears im just so deep into the pc atm but its on my to do list they should be cheap about half way through the year ill check em out then,congrats people can fly they did a great job on the pc port of the first game and bulletstorm..
#9 (Edited 554d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
BanBrother  +   554d ago
Halo 4 is worth it IMO, a lot of worth for your money. Gears Judgment I'd only recommend to the hardcore fans like me. If you don't like the MP, I seriously could not recommend it to you, as that would look bad on me. Campaign is extremely weak, but fortunately for me I am loving the MP modes and Left4Dead style Overrun.
gazgriff2k12  +   554d ago
gears is boring epic need to go back unreal games or new ip's

Hyrule Warriors Review: No Need for the Hyrule Historia | Technology Tell

10m ago - From the review, "Hyrule Warriors doesn’t do much of note with the Zelda mythos. [Lucas White] me... | Wii U

Top 5 Brutal Deaths in Otherwise Tame Games

18m ago - After playing terrifying games like P.T. or violent games such as PAYDAY 2, a bit of light relief... | GameCube

Holy Grail Quest Graal Seeker Still Seeking Funding, Now On Greenlight

20m ago - Hardcore Gamer: If you missed our earlier post, there’s a good chance you aren’t aware of the awe... | PC

Tough, Teeny TinyKeep Has Launched

20m ago - Hardcore Gamer: In case you’ve accidentally drowned in the sea of AAA titles released recently (M... | PC

Need Cash? (US Only)

Now - How would it feel to have your money struggles solved by this time tomorrow? We give fast loans from $100-$10,000+, and repayment terms up to 60 mo... | Promoted post

Project Cars Hands-on Preview - Racing’s Hottest New Contender

49m ago - Dealspwn writes: Having played all the upcoming racing titles at EGX, it became clear that Projec... | PC