Submitted by GodisaGeek 769d ago | news

UK Charts - Gears of War Still Popular, Enters at Number One

GodisaGeek: Despite concerns that it was too soon for another Gears of War, it seems the public have gone out and purchased it anyway, as it enters the UK charts in first place." (Gears of War Judgment, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, PC, PS3, The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct, Wii U, Xbox 360)

Alternative Sources
Good to see it has had a good start. Kinda tired of the franchise myself though and I won't be buying it.
#1 (Edited 769d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(12) | Report | Reply
Monstar  +   769d ago
atleast rent it for the ONLINE.
Genuine-User  +   769d ago
That's exactly what I have done.
Good on Epic for keeping online free.
Good_Guy_Jamal  +   769d ago
Interesting to note, Tomb Raider on PS3 is currently more popular than God of War Ascension despite the latter being newer http://www.chart-track.co.u...
Franchise fatigue may very well be settling in.
Also, facepalm @Walking Dead on 360 being the 3rd highest selling game last week in the UK behind Tomb Raider 360 and Gears Judgement.
@Hingle, I'll also be skipping Judgement, its one too many for my liking and I've said so since day one and I've only played 1 and 2.
#2 (Edited 769d ago ) | Agree(11) | Disagree(22) | Report | Reply
Monstar  +   769d ago
why skip judgement? if feels like a different game. its like Halo and gears mashed in one. the quick nades, being able to jump off high platforms and just the new weaponary and improved melee system is soo sooo sweet. Try it.
otherZinc  +   769d ago
Judgment is magnificent & I've only been playing the single player. I'm on Aftermath now. Played the entire game on Hardcore, I'm immediately running it back on Insane Mode & I'll be open to play co-op with others after I complete Aftermath.

Fantastic game!
FriedGoat  +   769d ago
"Judgment is magnificent & I've only been playing the single player" Stopped there, Gears campaign is always boring as hell, enemies, walk, enemies walk. I like the online, but judgement looks too much like a newb fest for me to buy.
TekoIie  +   769d ago
@FriedGoat

Might want to check out the declassified missions concept. They really change the levels up and it feels fresh being offered new challenges.

Going through on insane now and I'm dreading some of them.
nukeitall  +   769d ago
I agree with Monstar. If fatigue should have set in, it should have been with previous installment, not the one with the biggest change.

GoWJ is very refreshing, and the smooth cover system with the smoother controlls is awesome. My only complaints, there is a lot of changes to the weapons as well, and I have to adapt again.

"Interesting to note, Tomb Raider on PS3 is currently more popular than God of War Ascension despite the latter being newer"

Goes to show you that exclusives don't matter as much...
#2.2 (Edited 769d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(6) | Report | Reply
Outside_ofthe_Box  +   769d ago
***"Goes to show you that exclusives don't matter as much..."***

How do you figure that? Gears sold more than Tomb Raider on the 360. I guess exclusives do matter as much now? Don't worry, we all get the message you and Jamal are trying to paint lol.
#2.2.1 (Edited 769d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(1) | Report
CommonSenseGamer  +   769d ago
@outside:
Just so you know I'm ignoring your comments from now on also. You so easily jump to conclusions and make assumptions that quite frankly reflect just how much of a fanboy you are. By all means keep on commenting but quite frankly, I've never found anything you've said of any interest anyway.
Hicken  +   768d ago
lol @ CommonSense talking about someone jumping to conclusions.

How do you disregard his comment here, anyway? It's pretty spot-on. Even if it weren't about sales, exclusives are the primary things that differentiate one console from another; how do they not matter?
nukeitall  +   768d ago
@Hicken:

"It's pretty spot-on. Even if it weren't about sales, exclusives are the primary things that differentiate one console from another; how do they not matter?"

That is the thing, exclusive no longer is, because the console isn't a single function machine anymore. People lay weight on not just the games, but also the overall platform features including exclusives.

Fact of the matter is, other than zealots wanting it to be such, exclusives don't matter as much anymore. If it did, PCs would rule over consoles!
GamersRulz  +   768d ago
you say TR is more popular than GOW. Then you bring a link to UK sales?

Do I need to point out your mistake?

I'll give you a hint: UK is a single country in Europe. I hope you figured out your mistake by now.
SonyNGP  +   769d ago
>TWD outsold Monster Hunter

People actually picked that sack of poop over Monster Hunter? Really?!
BanBrother  +   769d ago
Sad. Just shows how stupid people are OR how low their standards are OR they have too much money. Sadly, it seems Activision will get away with this.
I thought this gen would have done away with crappy cash-ins.
r21  +   769d ago
Brand names, they sell. The Walking Dead is one of the hottest TV shows this year.

I just hope the buyers are happy enough that they're playing as Daryl.
#3.2 (Edited 769d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
EffectO  +   769d ago
It sold 4x less than Gears 3,people are tired of endless sequels...Gears 3 was a bit frontloaded in UK(G3=G1+G2)though
Down with the sequels,give us new stuff.

WiiU has finally managed to land a game(two) in UK top 40.
Nintendo fanbase is so weird.
#4 (Edited 769d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(6) | Report | Reply
DiRtY  +   769d ago
Gears of War: J 3 times the amount God of War: A sold in its first week in UK.

I will pick my copy up when my vacation finally begins. (4 weeks to go!)
abzdine  +   769d ago
i heard the last one is boring and disappointing
#6 (Edited 769d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(8) | Report | Reply
SDF Repellent  +   769d ago
Great to see. Bloody Well done Epic, PCF and Microsoft.
#7 (Edited 769d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
tigertron  +   769d ago
I'm glad to have contributed to Judgment's sales.
urwifeminder  +   769d ago
I have yet to get halo 4 and the new gears im just so deep into the pc atm but its on my to do list they should be cheap about half way through the year ill check em out then,congrats people can fly they did a great job on the pc port of the first game and bulletstorm..
#9 (Edited 769d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
BanBrother  +   769d ago
Halo 4 is worth it IMO, a lot of worth for your money. Gears Judgment I'd only recommend to the hardcore fans like me. If you don't like the MP, I seriously could not recommend it to you, as that would look bad on me. Campaign is extremely weak, but fortunately for me I am loving the MP modes and Left4Dead style Overrun.
gazgriff2k12  +   769d ago
gears is boring epic need to go back unreal games or new ip's

Interview With 4Bit Studios, Creators of Xbox One Co-op Sensation ORBIT

1h ago - 4Bit Studios sat down to talk about their upcoming game ORBIT, a new co-op focused title for the... | Xbox One

Jamiroquai Game - Re-enact The Famous Virtual Insanity Music Video

1h ago - The Jamiroquai Game is a fantastic little game that allows you to re-enact the awesome Virtual In... | PC

Help Myriad get through Steam Greenlight!

Now - Myriad is a twin-stick shooter that grows more beautiful the better you play, where you build and then destroy the game space in glorious chain rea... | Promoted post

Grand Theft Auto V PC number one in France chart

1h ago - Jeuxactu: After two weeks to rule the French charts, Battlefield Hardline was ultimately a victi... | PC

Mortal Kombat X review | Riot Pixels

1h ago - MKX should last a long time. Several variations of the usual Arcade Mode, silly mini-game online,... | PC

The Weaponographist Review – Strong Gameplay Overshadows Lack of Personality | COG

1h ago - COG Writes: "The Weaponographist is a speedrunning hack-n-slasher with some rogue-like elements.... | PC