Submitted by Valay 547d ago | news

Fez creator clarifies 3DS/DS comments; some Nintendo design aspects are “inelegant”

NE: "Fez creator Phil Fish seemed to throw a whole lot of negativity towards Nintendo on Twitter yesterday. Fish wrote that the company’s adoption of a dual screen design is a “gimmick”, as is the implementation of 3D. His tweets were highlighted by his desire to see Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on the PlayStation Vita since it supports two joysticks." (3DS, Nintendo DS)

Bumpmapping  +   547d ago
Just his opinion if you like DS/3DS it shouldn't affect you.
PopRocks359  +   547d ago
No offense to him, but he really does not know how to market himself or his games.
xPhearR3dx  +   547d ago
This is no different that Cliffy B saying something on his Twitter, then these so called "journalist" make it out to be something it's not. He was speaking his mind on Twitter about one aspect and some idiot turned it into something it wasn't, making readers (mostly Nintendo fans) against him. Not saying I'm defending the guy. In fact, based off that Indie Game Movie, he's a bit of a psychotic ass. None the less, this whole thing was a result of poor "journalism".
zerocrossing  +   547d ago
To be fair it's not the first time his "opinion" has caused controversy.

Also I feel most everyone in the media knows that if you make such comments on a social networking website then you're pretty much asking for trouble...
Th4Freak  +   547d ago
Can you explain to me what does marketing and his games has to do with his comments about the DS/3DS?
#2.2 (Edited 547d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
PopRocks359  +   547d ago
What I'm getting at is he doesn't really know how to make himself seem appealing as a developer or how to make his games reach an audience. Considering the success of Mutant Mudds, VVVVV and other such retro style games on the 3DS and Steam, you'd have thought he would have been smarter with both his comments and outspoken nature in interviews.

EDIT: Two phantom disagrees already? Really guys?
#2.2.1 (Edited 547d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(2) | Report
Th4Freak  +   547d ago
You still didn't answer my question, the article isn't about Fez or marketing is about the guy giving his opinion about the DS/3DS, you're obviosly getting off- topic and trash talking.

Besides you can't call him stupid for not porting Fez to X platform, remember that he's a Indie developer so he has the freedom to do what he wants with -->HIS<-- game, if you think that he would make more money in other platforms that's you opinion he has his reasons to not port it and I know you know what his reasons are ( http://n4g.com/news/1212615... ).

I really bother people like you that only bitch at devs and publishers because they dont take games to X platform, I'd love to see The Last of Us, Gears of War: Judgment and ZombiU on PC but I don't go out there and bitch at them just because I can't play these games on it. You're no one to tell him or any dev what platform they have to take their games, devs are free to do with their games w/e they want (unless they're owned by a publisher ofc).
#2.2.2 (Edited 547d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report
TongkatAli  +   547d ago
It's always the ones that have bought Nintendo products who give it criticism then get attacked for voicing their opinions, Nintendo fanboys need to buzz off and stop being OVERLY SENSITIVE to critics.

Careful what you say to me, might make a Kickstarter and get rich off of you.
PopRocks359  +   547d ago
You're being a hypocrite. If he said anything similar about the Vita, your tone would have been completely different.

Beside, I didn't criticize him at all. I said he does not know how to market himself. Big difference there buddy.

EDIT: I assume you have a Vita, right? I made a few comments and a blog about why I am choosing not to buy one at the present time and you, to this day, are still upset about that (for whatever reason). So evidently your knee-jerk reaction to any criticism of the Vita is to refer to the speaker as a "fanboy" and tell them how dumb they are for not buying the Vita.

That's the kettle calling it black.
#3.1 (Edited 547d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
TongkatAli  +   547d ago
You dont have a Vita, was calling it bascially a "port machine" cause you know Gravity Rush doesn't exist /S and then you bought a Wii U bragged about the ports you purchased, look in the mirror and I'm not your buddy guy.

Edit: The hostility between us isn't because you don't have a Vita, it's because i called you out on being a Nintendo fanboy then you went crazy. Yeah, the nerve of me to call you something that you're when you make blogs twice a week defending Nintendo. Where were your blog skills when the Vita was getting shited on left and right, exaclty.
#3.1.1 (Edited 547d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(3) | Report
TongkatAli  +   547d ago
*which* you're, my bat, had to correct that cause you love calling people "idiot", but i'm the devil for calling you a "fanboy".

Anita, Phil and i wonder who is next to get the wrath. Yeah, his replies are immature but they're for a reason, look at the people he is dealing with.

I go on a youtube video to see a game i want then i see comments from the Nintendo side, "Pony f**" and "hahaha 3DS rapes Vita", ARE YOU KIDDING ME!

Now those are REAL COMMENTS to be pissed off about.
#3.1.2 (Edited 547d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report
Enigma_2099  +   547d ago
Taking what you said to heart, when someone bashes your favorite console, sit there and keep quiet.

Normally you have to be a respectable person before people should give a d*** about your opinion. Fish has already pissed people off in the past by shooting off at the mouth.
#3.2 (Edited 547d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
PopRocks359  +   547d ago
"was calling it bascially a 'port machine'"

Nope. I said it did not have enough games like Gravity Rush. I've even specified I think Tearaway looks awesome multiple times. I'm not spending $300+ on a handheld that will play my PS3 copy of Sly 4, though it's not a bad side feature.

"You was criticizing a product that you don't even OWN and Phil OWNS a 3DS, big difference."

Many people here don't own a Wii U and criticize it. I don't see you calling them out.

"then you went crazy."

Not really. I just responded to your lame arguments and you became the next equivalent of butthurt.
Th4Freak  +   547d ago
Gotta love fanboys...
#4 (Edited 547d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
hard joe  +   547d ago
2nd stick add on is abomination
Bobertt  +   547d ago
3DS is awesome but Nintendo is being stupid with the colors. Why don't they just release all the colors worldwide, they have like 5 special edition 3DS XL in Japan and only one that came out yesterday in North America. They also have more standard colors in Japan. Even Europe has more colors than USA what reason can they possibly have for not bringing it here. If someone knows tell me.
moegooner88  +   547d ago
Nintendo hardware designs are awful, my 3dsXL scratched it self, at the points where the screen meets the pad, and buttons when closed, even though I always keep it in Nintendo certified case. When I searched online to see if anyone else encountered the same problem, I found out that even the original 3ds also suffered from same issue, and Nintendo didn't even bother to fix it during the re-model, despite plenty of people complaining about it.
#7 (Edited 547d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
from the beach  +   547d ago
Always seems to be a bad news story with this guy..
lizard81288  +   547d ago
suck my dick.choke on it.
He just comes off as very unprofessional....along with being a tool.

Related image(s)
#9 (Edited 547d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
gatlobal   547d ago | Spam
Benjaminkno  +   547d ago
I mean, so what? Your game is 2d/3d so you can put if you want it on a handheld you can put it on one that isn't selling or you can put it on one that does. It would make sense to put it on the one that is 3d compatible, duh.

I think his game has gone to his head.
Nodoze  +   547d ago
I watched Indie Game or whatever it was called and was shocked and how F'd up this guy is. He needs some serious therapy. He is like a spoiled toddler in an adult body.

When he was asked what he will do when if his game is a flop, and he answered he would kill himself. He was COMPLETELY serious. This dude is certifiably insane.
Shnazzyone  +   546d ago
Shame an indie game maker would waste time on fanboy bs. I mean... PC is your primary market anyway.

Counter Strike: Global Offensive now available for Linux

2h ago - SegmentNext - "Good news for the Counter Strike: Global Offensive fans, as the popular game makes... | PC

Broken Bulb Studios Announces Ninja Warz 2 Will be iOS Exclusive

2h ago - Broken Bulb Studios, a developer and publisher of games for everyone, today announced that it is... | iPhone

Table Top Racing Review | Super Clash Gaming

2h ago - We recently got the chance to try out a new Playstation Vita game known as Table Top Racing, a n... | Mobile

10 Games you need to play on the PlayStation TV

2h ago - From the article, "The PlayStation TV is coming out on October 14, 2014, and this $100 micro-cons... | Culture

Top Xbox One Exclusives to Look Forward To

Now - What are you excited for? Here are the ones we're really getting revved up for. | Promoted post

Wasteland 2 Free Guide and Walkthrough - How to Survive Arizona and L.A.

2h ago - Josh Hawkins (Prima Games): One could say that Wasteland 2 is 25 years in the making, since the o... | PC