Defiance Beta: First Impressions of the Game

An in-depth first look into the upcoming MMO-shooter, Defiance. This article details opinions of the game based on gameplay of the beta. Defiance is set to release on April 2nd for the PC, Xbox 360, and Playstation 3 platforms.

Read Full Story >>
gamocial.com
The story is too old to be commented.
Soldierone1221d ago

I have to say, besides the clunky generic looking gameplay, its actually really fun.

Alduin1221d ago

Completely agree. When I first dove into it I was a bit worried based on the graphics and certain mechanics of it, but it's still pretty addictive. I just hope they keep up with content updates for it.

RyuCloudStrife1221d ago

Yeah tried playing about an hour ago but the servers were down. Very fun game.

Myst1221d ago (Edited 1221d ago )

The beta is over.

Advance Mission BETA 3 Dates:
PlayStation 3 North America: March 19th 8:00am PT – March 25th 9:00p, PT
PlayStation 3 Europe: March 20th 8:00am PT – March 26th 9:00p, PT
PC Global: March 22nd 9:00am PT – March 24th 9:00pm PT
Xbox 360 Global: March 22nd 8:00am PT – March 27th 8:00am PT

r211221d ago

Exactly, its a fun game. What i like the most with my time playing Defiance is meeting other players, working with other ark hunters to take down some sort of meteor thing, and the co operative missions :D Also, its kinda like a 3rd person borderlands except better driving mechanics.

Alduin1221d ago (Edited 1221d ago )

The_Science-Guy - Must not have participated in many betas, eh? They're still making adjustments and adding new patches. The server goes down once in a while. It happens. It'll be fixed by the time the official release comes.

@Myst - Yeah, the beta is over on most platforms. Still live on the 360 for a short while, though.

Iltapalanyymi1221d ago

just played this 2 days ago and it was pretty good.

Sheikah1221d ago

I am extremely positively surprised. Considering that this is a console MMO, everything is super smooth. And on the topic of 'clunky and generic looking gameplay' - I'll have to agree, but this strikes me as a bit of a positive; I am usually for mixing it up a bit and experimenting, but in the case of a shooter/mmo? Best play it safe, then you can tweak and play all you want in the wake of the "guaranteed" success of playing it safe.

It makes sense :)

I can't wait to begin for real.

ironfist921221d ago

Im more intrigued by the TV show/Game cross over aspect. Wonder how thats gonna work out.

Alduin1220d ago

Yeah tying the show into the game should be interesting. Hopefully the show will be decent enough to want to keep up with it.