Submitted by iGAM3R-VIII 474d ago | image

PS4 Pulse Controller: Would You Use It?

The new PS4 PULSE consist of wrist gear which projects visual display on the user's arms and palms. This could be used for countless kinds of new action buttons and visual indicators for a game. This visual display is especially designed to give the player a sense of orientation as he moves freely. The PS4 PULSE also has a vibration mode so the physical feedback will not be lost.

**This is not an official PS4 item** (PS4)

hiredhelp  +   475d ago
I buy ps4 just for this soo cool
iGAM3R-VIII  +   474d ago
what do you mean "just" for that. Not because of the DualShock 4, or the social aspects, or the exclusives.
OpieWinston  +   473d ago
lol exclusives
irepbtown  +   473d ago
Me personally, I don't care too much about the DS4 (though it does look good), or the social aspects.

For me, it's what's inside the PS4 as well as the exclusives. The rest in my view are extras which are great, however I would have no problem without.

This prototype (or concept) looks pretty sweet. I'm not sure how it can be done (I'm no expert). But if Sony can pull this off, it will be a great addition.

Keep it coming Sony!
iGAM3R-VIII  +   473d ago
@OpieWinston what do you mean "lol exclusives", last time I checked MS barely put out IP's and focused more on Kinect where PS gave out A LOT of IP's. If you check on the official PS4 website, there are 8 exclusives coming for the launch of the PS4 which is A LOT.
Omni-Tool  +   473d ago
I think the name of this device is a little misleading. When I read "pulse", I was thinking a device that would check you pulse, blood pressure, temperature, etc, etc... Basically, a device that can make an educated guess at your current mental state. I.E: Fear/anxiety levels. If it senses you are getting pissed off at the game, it would suggest taking a break. This of course could be disabled. Maybe I thinking ahead too far again.
AngelicIceDiamond  +   474d ago
Please don't make it sound like "its cool" because Sony's doing it. If any other company was doing this it would get laughed at and trolled on N4G.

@Below I'm glad your positive but you haven't been on this site for very long.

If Nintendo or MS done something like this, the majority of people will down play it, troll it, make fun of it Completely biased all around.

Especially in MS case if they were to announce something like this people would say.

"MS is losing its focus." or "This looks like a waste of time MS focus on games." "Another useless feature on Xbox, I'm not buying the new Xbox."

Sad, but true.
#1.2 (Edited 474d ago ) | Agree(25) | Disagree(50) | Report | Reply
iGAM3R-VIII  +   474d ago
No not really, if MS were going to do this I would support them because this is a really innovative peice of tech wether MS, Sony, Nintendo, or even a homeless person. I really don't know why you are getting all unhappy about his statement
Denethor_II  +   474d ago
"Below I'm glad your positive but you haven't been on this site for very long."

And you haven't been on this site for very long time either. Lets go back to 07,08 and 09. Hard times to be a Sony fan among the 'Sony is doomed' mentality that plagued this site. The Xbox trolls have since, thankfully, scurried.
TI_21  +   474d ago
I actually think that with something similar Kinekt could become worthwhile.

At the Moment it's very restrictive in that you can't really do anything without doing stupid things, like flailing around - lol. But this tech would give you back the buttons which are necessary to move around and interact in certain ways with a game.
Dlacy13g  +   474d ago
It is a bit comical of late with regards to the hardcore Sony Fanboy. Now I realize there are many Sony fans on this site that are not blinded nor beyond reason so this isn't a blanket statement by any stretch. That all said about 2yrs back this site shifted and became very Sony pro with regards to commentors. Since then it feels like Sony can do no wrong but similar ideas from competitors get laughed away as gimmicky.

Wiimote from Nintendo = Gimmicky fad
Sony Move = Revolutionary game changer
MS Kinect body tracking = stupid casual excersize gimmick
Sony Move + Eye Toy = Totally change fitness with 1:1 tracking
MS Interactive TV = Lame kiddy tech
Sony Wonderbook = Greatest idea ever
Nintendo Second Screen WiiU pad = Stupid, why do I need that I just want to play on my TV anyway
Sony Vita can be used as second screen = this is a total game changer
MS Illumiroom demo = Lame gimmick, not interested
Sony PS4 Dualshock Light Bar illuminates room for mood = OMG, so immersive

Just my observations over the time here. I am sure, and fully agree there have been similar sentiments from other loyal fans of Ninetendo and MS but given Sony fans seem the most vocal its a bit more obvious to me.

As for the wrist dealio...as I said elsewhere here, no thanks. Feels like the power glove to me...and that didn't interest me either.
#1.2.4 (Edited 474d ago ) | Agree(16) | Disagree(33) | Report
4lc4pon3  +   474d ago
M$ has lost there focus.
Thirty3Three  +   474d ago
@ dlacy:

You need to do some research

Sony Move = Patented BEFORE the wiimote. Sony's idea.

Sony Move + Eye Toy = It was a game changer because it was the first to do this, out of the 3 consoles (Gamecube, ps2, xbob) - This, again, was Sony's idea. Not another company's.

Sony Wonderbook = What have you been reading?! Every sony fanboy (me included) are bashing this crap, left and right

Nintendo Second Screen WiiU pad = Again, people LOVE this. Not hate it.

Sony PS4 Dualshock Light Bar =ComePLETELY different from the illumiroom crap...
Arksine  +   473d ago
Sony isn't "doing it". This is a fan made concept.
Gaming_Guru  +   473d ago
At: Dlacy13g

What are you talking about, 9 out of 10 times people will be praising XBOX 360 and XBOX Live than anything PlayStation. When talking about multiplatform video games, it gets worse.

If you want to talk about bias fanatics, bias xbox players tend to use something I like to call "reality assumptions," bias nintendo players tend to use something I call "inductive generalization," and bias playstation players tend to use something I call "hasty conclusions."

One isn't more vocal than the other, they are all equally loud, just how the bias is presented can give an impression one maybe louder than another. Some do flip flop from different bias, but these ones tend to come up the most in the gaming community for each one on the Internet at least.
rainslacker  +   473d ago
When is it exactly that people became so jaded over new tech?

I can look at what all the big 3 have done tech wise and think it's cool, or see possibilities in it without bringing the console into it, why do I have to be a fan boy just because I think this is cool.
hiredhelp  +   474d ago
Noooo course not just for the gizmo lol that be a silly idea.
But nice concept
Aperture98  +   474d ago
If this is real, I'd be amazed. I've wanted something like this for a very long time. I wouldn't buy a whole system just for this controller, though I bought a couple different consoles just because of one or two things... :P
Psn800  +   474d ago
I like the Ps4 just with my Ps4 controller just can't wait the excitement is so, so overwhelming .
GuyThatPlaysGames  +   474d ago
This is a stupid idea. Just stick to the normal controller!
DragonKnight  +   473d ago
This thing could be cool for a game like Watch Dogs where the character has a device that hacks into things. Imagine the HUD of his device appearing on the Pulse controller. It could also work in tandem with the traditional controller in order to implement even more options or refinements. There's massive potential in something like this.
Sharius  +   475d ago
i'm fine as long as this thing doesn't use the motion control
Derekvinyard13  +   474d ago
This looks really cool but from what we've seen from motion gaming there's no way in hell it's going to work like the pictures show,I will gladly eat my words if it works good but those pictures show something really ahead of its time,
matrixman92  +   474d ago
lol no
InMyOpinion  +   474d ago
Can you tie it around the Move controller? To make the experience more satisfying and longlasting. That would be cool.
#5 (Edited 474d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(8) | Report | Reply
monkey nuts  +   474d ago
All I can say to that is WTF are you doing with your move controller son? XD
What ever floats your boat though man, I ain't judging you. lol
InMyOpinion  +   473d ago
With all the dildo comparisons I just had to throw it in there :)
libdunnett24   474d ago | Spam
puamdefokejpn  +   474d ago
First give us our damn console,.. Stop with this articles.
punisher99  +   474d ago
@puamdefokejpn:
"First give us our damn console,.. Stop with this articles. "

So you dont want them to talk about the console at all anymore until they release it??
puamdefokejpn  +   473d ago
No but it is clearly not directly related to official ps4 news,.. Idea is cool and all,.. but id rather have something with more meat on it.
telekeneticmantis  +   474d ago
Well it gives u a nice visual
but what about swords and such, other that seems pretty cool.
AnimeAvenger  +   474d ago

Sure its a cool concept and would be fun to use but most of the time I play gaming to relax and there is nothing better than sitting down with a standard DualShock controller and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Conzul  +   474d ago
Actually this would be the perfect peripheral. Imagine watching a movie or listening to music on your PS4. With a touch your arm can become a remote control (skip, rewind, volume, pause, etc - without interrupting your gameplay).

Or while playing a game, your "Pulse" controller vibrates and alerts you of a PM which it projects across your arm. Maybe you can even type out and send a RE right in the same space. Maybe it lets you check Twitter and Facebook right on your arm. Friend Invites. Anything, really.

Wake up people, this stuff is awesome. I hope something comes of it!
#9.1 (Edited 474d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Dlacy13g  +   474d ago
No....didn't want a power glove back in the day either
xursz  +   474d ago
Funny how you complain about fanboys but everyone here knows if the article replaced "PS4" with "xbox 720" you'd be cheering away. -_-
Dlacy13g  +   474d ago
Not at all. Sorry to disappoint.
Why o why  +   473d ago
hey dlacy you forgot the biggest flip flop hypocritical notion this whole gen...one that affects the core type gamer that sign up to gaming sites.......yes, exclusives dont matter. Yeah I remember the ps3 has no games articles. Got the tshirt. Most of those shi+ talkers had to disperse leaving the not so rabid 360 fans to take the backlash. Exclusives dont matter to some now...how hypocritical is that......yeah I know, rumble doesnt matter or x live chat isnt needed but for every one of those theres a blu ray isnt needed or ps3 aint selling notion. goes both ways mate
Dlacy13g  +   473d ago
@why oh why... I fully agree it goes both ways.

that is why I said above in this thread: "I am sure, and fully agree there have been similar sentiments from other loyal fans of Ninetendo and MS but given Sony fans seem the most vocal its a bit more obvious to me. "
Nikhil  +   474d ago
This isn't even real. It's a mockup of an idea created by some random person.
Crazay  +   474d ago
I think that is a pretty neat concept. I doubt it would work that great but still pretty neat.
edonus  +   474d ago
This would be sweet.

MS I think you need to copy this one ASAP.

I would proudly copy a great idea especially make it better.

Kinect 2 ilumiroom and this on both wrists.

Lets go.

If Sony makes it I hope they support it.
tarbis  +   474d ago
oohhh so it vibrates.... interesting =D
rweyiushf   474d ago | Spam
Jagsrock  +   474d ago
interesting yet this seems like more of a cool multimedia peripheral than something that would be practical to use in a game. I mean the gun thing just looks silly and if you have to fire by using moving your ring finger that would get old fast. I could see the bow and arrow thing working to some degree though. Ultimately it would be a neat way to control the dash and perhaps get notifications etc.
k2d  +   474d ago
Aprils fools. No?
DivineAssault  +   474d ago
interesting but i dont see the point of this...

k2d is prolly right.. an april fools gag
#18 (Edited 474d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
jocomat9  +   474d ago
its like a week away.. . .
arbitor365  +   474d ago
cute concept, but we dont need any more gimmicks.

all these attempts to make games "more immersive and involving" through motion controls, cameras, touch screens, tilt controls and all that other crap is a waste of time. none of that stuff is going to make a game good. and none of that stuff has ever been necessary in the gaming experience.

you can look back at castlevania 4 on the SNES, sonic 2 on the genesis, spyro 2 and 3 on the PS1, banjo kazooie on the N64. those games immersed me more than all your motion controls and gimmicks combined. immersion isnt about waving your arms around like a moron. it is about game design.

i commend sony for being the one console company that hasn't allowed this stuff to completely take precedence over the entire experience.
kamikazepikmin   467d ago | Off topic | show
IcicleTrepan  +   474d ago
I just don't think it's practical while playing a game to stop and look at your hands/arms for information. It's an interesting idea though. Maybe they'll think of a good way to use it but it just seems that it would be more of a distraction than anything.
TheKayle  +   473d ago
cute rendering total gimmick CONTROLLER luckly isnt a sony product

ah im seeing i got the podio....of 1 bubble ..this on n4g mean my comments r true ill do another account soon ...i still wait moderator fix this bullishit..elimineting this sony cheerleaders fanboyims
#21 (Edited 473d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
Hicken  +   473d ago
So when you get put down to one bubble, it's the Sony fanboys' faults. But when I get dropped down, it's because I'm trolling? Sure.

Anyway, this sounds cool... I think. But I'll stick with a normal controller.
TheKayle1  +   473d ago
k
Thatlalala  +   473d ago
All I see is this.

Related video
#23 (Edited 473d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
hazelamy  +   473d ago
i don't know about a controller, but it might make a cool watch.
Kazuo_Hirai  +   473d ago
Man yall be trippin, this sh*t fire!
Rixynator  +   473d ago
stupid idea
nosferatuzodd  +   473d ago
cool device

Hellraid: The Escape Review [Gamezebo]

1h ago - Gamezebo's Andy Chalk says "The problem here isn’t bugs, it’s that the promised “unique challenge... | iPhone

BITBITJam 2014

1h ago - BITBITJam, an online event where people create games for old hardware in only a week, wrapped up... | Culture

5 Best Music and Rhythm Games for Android

1h ago - Appszoom's list about the best rhythm games currently available for Android. Have your say on the... | Android

How The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Helped One Girl Overcome Her Illness

1h ago - Video games can evoke all kinds of feelings from players, ranging from happiness to sadness—somet... | Retro

Start Making Games for the PS4

Valerie Arem to Voice Naoto in Persona Q and Ultimax

1h ago - Voice actress Valerie Arem has announced on her twitter that she will be voicing Naoto in Persona... | Xbox 360