Submitted by Searcyboy20 835d ago | opinion piece

Call of Duty Or Battlefield, The War Begins…Again

The Tyuno Project: "The internet have been very busy as usual. There are a ton of rumors and leaked information around the web about two popular shooting franchises, Call of Duty and Battlefield." (Battlefield 4, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One)

aceitman  +   835d ago
battlefield agree --- cod disagree place ur choice
#1 (Edited 835d ago ) | Agree(38) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
GraveLord  +   835d ago
How about none?

I won't buy Battelfield 4 because I hate EA and their business practices and extremely horrible game launches. You would think dedicated servers would give them an advantage but they don't. Sure graphics are nice but gameplay is much more important.

Call of Duty is getting old. Still a fun game(when you're winning) but we need MAJOR gameplay changes. New maps/guns/killstreaks just isn't enough for me anymore.
#1.1 (Edited 835d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(19) | Report | Reply
Autodidactdystopia  +   835d ago
AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO NOTICED, the thumbnail says 'IT "BEINGS" again?'

Battlefield.

the maps are 10x larger, 10x more detailed, 6x more players, WAY more vehicles, better lighting,damage,shading,partic les.

like 200 guns, then there are attachments and upgrades for every gun then there are vehicle upgrades, and the x-bow(overrated?)

you are getting like 10x more game with bf over cod
the choice is obvious. those who cant make it are oblivious.

Battlefield
#1.1.1 (Edited 835d ago ) | Agree(11) | Disagree(3) | Report
HarryMasonHerpderp  +   834d ago
I'm with you on the bad EA practices Gravelord.
It's funny not so long ago there were a lot of people saying they will be boycotting EA games and how easy it is at the moment.
Not buying Battlefield 4 though will be the true test and I doubt there will be many people boycotting that game, I know I will find it extremely difficult.
Just remember guys it will be awesome at the start but EA will slowly start chipping away at it like they did with Battlefield 3.

Just for the record though I would get Battlefield over COD next gen lol
#1.1.2 (Edited 834d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
CyberCam  +   834d ago
@GraveLord: I am one of the few that agree with you bro!

After playing ArmA 3 as much as I have and experiencing so many different types of gameplay & game modes for FREE. Having fantastic controls & beautiful environments, stunning graphics, with destruction, dynamic lighting and weather.

Also, not having to grind away for days/weeks to get the weapon or gadget I want and having everyone one on an even level, because there are NO PERKS, just skill & teamwork.

Lastly, having mostly mature peers to player with that take tactics seriously and for as much fun as I've had for such a small cost. It costs $32.99!!! for the Alpha, Beta & the FULL game with FREE endless mods, how can I say no to that?

I simply can't go back to either COD or BF. I do bid those that purchase either good luck, with which ever one of the two they end up purchasing, because I have feeling both games will be heavily based on micro-transactions and will definitely end up hurting people's wallets! Not mine though!

#1.1.3 (Edited 834d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(2) | Report
LOGICWINS  +   835d ago
I chose Killzone because I can use Move with it.
Kanzes  +   835d ago
there's no Killzone mentioned in the title
LOGICWINS  +   834d ago
In that case, Battlefield =P
Autodidactdystopia  +   835d ago
:P
#1.3 (Edited 835d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
N0S3LFESTEEM  +   835d ago
That's a great way to use the agree/disagree things. Battlefield has me hooked until COD does something different. An optimal place for me would be the openness and vehicles of Battlefield with the Guns/perks/attachments of COD.
Detoxx  +   835d ago
AGREE !
Prodigy-X  +   835d ago
Battlefield All Day
CapsLocke  +   835d ago
Don't care about either.
Hufandpuf  +   835d ago
There's the door.
Detoxx  +   835d ago
BF4 is going to blow everyone away just wait and see
CaptainPunch  +   835d ago
I used to be a big Call of Duty fan, but I'm getting burnt out on the series. It's the same game each time, just with a different skin. I can't wait for Battlefield 4.
SpartanQ8  +   835d ago
When i read the first words of your comment i thought you would go:

“I used to be big call of duty fan, then I took an arrow to the knee.”

To the topic :) its BF4 for me over cod
#5.1 (Edited 835d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
SAE  +   834d ago
Same here. But i'm still gonna take cod for my brothers . They only play that game so it's not like i have choice. I just hope cod bring skill to the gameplay again but i doubt it :( ..
#5.2 (Edited 834d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
AcidKill  +   835d ago
Big FPS fan here! So both for me! :D
TheGrimOfDeath  +   833d ago
Look at this guy, he expresses his idea without any hint of hating anyone else for their choices and he gets downvoted just because he likes COD.

Wow, nice job people.
AcidKill  +   833d ago
It's N4G, you know.
snipab8t  +   835d ago
Battlefield bad company 2 is still my favorite multiplayer game. BF3 was horribly frustrating hope they can fix the mistakes they made
CyberCam  +   834d ago
Agreed it's the best console multiplayer shooter to date!
cpayne93  +   834d ago
BC2 goes to town on bf3, more destruction, more open maps, and just better balanced and more fun. The best online multiplayer I have ever experienced.
Zefros  +   835d ago
if BF4 comes to ps4 with 60fps,that would be amazing. and a instant day one buy for me ( even tough i would buy it either way because i love bf)
coolmast3r  +   835d ago
these are two completely different games and i don't really see the point of comparing them.
N0S3LFESTEEM  +   835d ago
If this was BF3 vs Forza, or COD vs Uncharted then you would be correct... as it stands now they are the two most popular military FPS shooters.
GamerzElite  +   834d ago
LOL HE IS A TRUE Wii GAMER.
r21  +   835d ago
Whoever made that image needs to fix the words.
Gamer-Z  +   835d ago
battlefield unless some (very) big changes come to the next COD
Npugz7  +   835d ago
Battlefield all the way! Dice knows how to make a war game!!!
Donnieboi  +   835d ago
I been playing BF games for years and frankly i'm growing bored (even if it's still the best fps out there, it just gets tired to me). And that crap called COD is not ever stepping in my home again. So with that said, i hope Destiny by Bungie will offer new ways to play.

But I really hope Metal Gear Online 3 comes out soon. Aside from the occassional lag, MGO2 held my attention a lot longer than BF, COD, Rainbow 6, and Halo ever could, combined.
#13 (Edited 835d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
Psychonaut  +   835d ago
DESTINY, or Rainbow Six Patriots.
#14 (Edited 835d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
Good_Guy_Jamal  +   835d ago
Is beings suppose to mean begins?
IK IR Y IP T  +   835d ago
This is how I compare BF vs Cod. BF would be Nba2k as Cod would be nbajam depends on want type of game u want to play u want that in depth simulation or a quick arcade fix ? Cod in my opinion has no chance with BF3 only using 30% of the frostbite engine and BF4 using 85% the game is going to be downright amazing in every category as Cod will more then likely be on the same garbage Modern Warfare 2 framework slighty upgraded for the 10th year in a row Cod needs to take a year off and build a new engine in my opinion !
Donnieboi  +   834d ago
I clicked agree to your comment, and personally I dont mind an arcade fix, but every new COD is barely any better than the last (to stay on topic of arcade shooters). For example, if I buy the newest NBA 2K game it'll cost me $50-$60 which is fair for a deep sports sim. But if I buy NBA Jam's latest version on psn, it's only $20 on psn/Live.

See what I mean? BF is a MUCH greater value $60. Frankly i'm bored with these aim-shoot-repeat games, but theres no doubt i'd be getting more than my $60 worth if I get BF. COD not so much, because it's a cheap experience. You can kill players with 3 shots to the shins/ankles. The aim assist is much to strong, and the spawns are so bad in every COD that it eliminates any chance of it being a serious contender at tournaments (despite it being in many tourney's anyway). It just isn't worth $60 when I already have hundreds of dollars I am gonna be spending on games that actually TRY to earn my money via quality, innovative gameplay, as opposed to appealing to me via advertisement alone.

Look at another arcade shooter: Gotham City Imposters. That game is better than COD in my opinion (except the controls need tightening up, the match making drops alot, and the game is less than 60 fps), but if they made a sequal of GCI it would be better than COD as an Arade shooter since it still required that u actually aim (aim assist wasn't overpowered) and it took more than 3 shots to kill someone. Plus, the game was only $20 when compared to COD is a fair price for a twitchy arcade shooter. But I understand if COD was at least $40 AT MAXIMUM since they have to pay so much for advertisements and they include (though it's always rather short for a $60 game) a relatively decent campaign story in every new COD game.
#16.1 (Edited 834d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
leogets  +   834d ago
u never get a cod moment,there's nothing going on but pure bullets. it belongs in a museum
babis1974  +   834d ago
BATTLEFIELD 4 for sure but i hope this time COD will be better than COD Black ops2 and MW3!
TheGrimOfDeath  +   833d ago
Black Ops 2 was really fun, not so sure about MW3.
GABRIEL1030  +   834d ago
Battlefield 4 for Ps4 :)
Max-Zorin  +   834d ago
Battlefield.

Why Japanese games tell you the character’s blood type

2m ago - Back in the good old days of game manuals we used to get a run down of the characters involved in... | Culture

Top 10 LGBT Characters in Video Games

4m ago - WatchMojo: "We are looking at the best gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender charters in video ga... | PC

Go Mechanical

Now - WASD mechanical keyboards provide a superior typing experience over common rubber dome keyboards. | Promoted post

Sony: For VR to make progress people who make content have to make money

6m ago - Interview with Shuhei Yoshida on topics such as Morpheus and the future of VR. | PS4

Until Dawn's multiplayer mode was listed in error, SCEE clarifies

6m ago - A 2-12 player multiplayer mode for Until Dawn was listed by PlayStation Asia in error, an SCEE re... | PS4

UK Nintendo eShop releases for 9th July 2015

16m ago - Never Alone heads up the Nintendo eShop releases for the 9th July 2015. | Wii U