Submitted by G-Revolution 791d ago | news

Infamous: Second Son Is A PS4 Launch Title, Says Sucker Punch Dev

inFamous: Second Son is a PlayStation 4 launch title. The game will ship in Q4 2013 according to this resume from Sucker Punch’s rendering programmer. Another Sucker Punch developer notes the 2013 timeline for the game too.

inFamous: Second Sun uses high dynamic range (HDR) imaging for lightning and other graphical effects. The game has a real-time "wetness" and puddle system plus high quality sky and atmosphere effects.

Motion capture work for facial animations is being done at Digital Domain, a company that made in-game cinematics and teaser trailers for The Darkness II and Gears of War. (inFamous: Second Son, PS4, Sucker Punch)

Credit url: linkedin.com
wishingW3L  +   791d ago
good thing is that since the game's an open-world is gonna benefit greatly from the increased amount of ram and easier architecture. Can't wait!
#1 (Edited 791d ago ) | Agree(46) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
Ezz2013  +   791d ago
Killzone+infamous ps4 launch titles ?!
awesome
as always
ps4 is a day 1 for me
#1.1 (Edited 791d ago ) | Agree(59) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
Conzul  +   791d ago
Amen Brother!
gta2800  +   791d ago
I guess Sony was serious when they said they would have the biggest launch lineup ever. So juiced!
HammadTheBeast  +   791d ago
I know this hasn't really been talked about, but I'm hoping for multi player. Some DCUO type multi player with powers would be beast.
badz149  +   790d ago
biggest...not very important
but if we have KZSF, Infamous SS and then KNack on day 1...and all those 3rd party games like Watchdog...all I can say is OMG!
inveni0  +   790d ago
Sucker Punch already builds great open world games. I can't wait to see what they can do with the PS4.
dboyc310  +   791d ago
Was getting the ps4 day one already but this just makes it a set on stone type of thing. Can't wait for more announcements.
MariaHelFutura  +   791d ago
Boom goes the dynamite!!!!
Bumpmapping  +   791d ago
Awesome day 1 for sure!
SOD_Delta  +   791d ago
Indeed. Second Son will be my first PS4 game.
Next Gen Open world game day 1?? Yeah!!!!
#2.1.1 (Edited 791d ago ) | Agree(15) | Disagree(1) | Report
smashcrashbash  +   791d ago
Awesome.Infamous right off the bat.Perfectly good incentive to buy the PS4.But what do they need lightning effects for? Will Cole come back? Will he be the enemy? Will the new guy get electric powers too somehow? Will he get them from dead Cole or alive Cole or just absorb them like Cole did? Maybe Cole will appear to help the new guy or it could just be for storms or visual effects.Can't wait to find out.
#3 (Edited 791d ago ) | Agree(13) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
KewDeGra  +   791d ago
talk about spoiler ...... some people still haven't known the fate of the good/bad for infamous 2 ...
smashcrashbash  +   791d ago
I didn't reveal anything major.No one knows how he dies or what were the circumstances under which it happened or which ending involved his death or what lead to to his eventual death.The only thing I revealed is that he dies somehow at sometime with no specifics.
theWB27  +   791d ago
There comes a time when spoilers don't apply..going on 2 years after a game has released is one of them. Seriously.
KewDeGra  +   790d ago
whatever.
PSVita  +   790d ago
Played both games but still ***spoilers*** is always respectable.
a_bro  +   791d ago
so wait. this game and killzone shadow fall, PS4 launch titles? well s**t....
Conzul  +   791d ago
What..............did you expect? :/
Double_Oh_Snap  +   791d ago
Yes please!
miyamoto  +   791d ago
i want that PS4 toque!

i do't buy any hardware at launch

but PS4 sure makes me feel i should

because it does not have the steep PS3 learning curve developers had in terms of engines and graphics - meaning 1st generation PS4 games will look great right from the get go.
#6 (Edited 791d ago ) | Agree(11) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Williamson  +   791d ago
This is great news! 2 great exclusives for launch( killzone is for launch right?)and I cant forget about Knack which looks pretty unique.
OlgerO  +   791d ago
There is practically no excitement for knack, which is a shame.
RevXM  +   790d ago
It is a shame it doesnt get more attention.
It looks good and promising, but it didnt blow anyone away I guess.
It just might be that under the radar kind of game with good story and fun gameplay that slips because of its initial presentation... wich IMO didnt exite me much, but Ive dug a bit into it and now Im looking forward to more.
OlgerO  +   790d ago
@REvXM I think it is a good thing that the PS4 allows people to try games before they buy. This might increase the success of such games as knack.( if they are good ofcourse )
GiantFriendlyCrab  +   791d ago
4 games as launch titles already
BitbyDeath  +   791d ago
Only need about 2-3 games at launch and this is game number 1.

May also get Killzone but will wait to see what else is on offer first.
DigitalRaptor  +   791d ago
inFamous, Drive Club and Watch_Dogs for me. Perhaps Knack if I can afford it.

Killzone will have to wait, as buying a new console is quite expensive.
#9.1 (Edited 791d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
chukamachine  +   791d ago
I don't think they got enough cred for Infamous, the 1st looked decent, I thought the second on PS3 looked great.

Looking forward to this.
KillrateOmega  +   791d ago
Infamous: Second Son Is A PS4 Launch Title, Says Sucker Punch Dev
Yeah, there is no longer a need for me to see what MS is offering in the form of the Nextbox. I WILL be getting a PS4 :)
avangerironman  +   791d ago
woooow best news ever :') when i get my ps4 on Launch day
the games i will have are
inFAMOUS: Second Son, Killzone Shadow Fall, Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag :)
e-p-ayeaH  +   791d ago
that´s fuken awesome
sdgwegwdsgfwe   791d ago | Spam
Holeran  +   791d ago
HDR lighting with the kind of effects Sucker Punch puts in thier games is going to look tremendous.
r21  +   791d ago
Best launch IMO for next gen console. InFamous: Second Son, Killzone Shadow Fall, Knack, Watch_Dogs and who knows how many more launch titles we'll see. Good job Sony :D
DEATHSTROKE-cro-  +   791d ago
that's what I'm think. great launch.
can't wait the day I come home with PS4, inFamous, Killzone and if I collect more money, Watch Dogs and Battlefield 4.

and start uploading cool clips and funny BF4 kills to facebook :-)
Clover904  +   791d ago
Ps4 + Killzone + InFamous + Knack + Watch Dogs + me not going into work for at least a week = one happily broke sob. Can't wait!
stefan771  +   791d ago
Considering it was announced with the PS4, it's safe to say this will be a launch title
Derekvinyard13  +   791d ago
Nice
HmongAmerican  +   791d ago
what about those of us who want some JRPG as launch title for the console. This way they cover every area, so more people will buy the console at launch.
madjedi  +   790d ago
Your honestly more likely to see, jrpgs(minus ff types) sticking to the ps3 for a decent while longer, maybe 2+ yrs, they don't really need the power increase the ps4 brings and need a big enough install base for such a niche genre.

Although they could make them cross gen titles, your jrpgs guys are likely second yr buyers, assuming they don't bite at the launch titles.

I figure when atlus hops aboard, the other jrpg devs will soon follow.
black911  +   791d ago
I was gonna wait fall 2014 to buy a PS4. But I may buy it at launch.
jdktech2010  +   791d ago
killzone and infamous to go with watch dogs and ac4....fine sony you can have my money st launch.

That's a hell of a launch window as it is
Y_5150  +   791d ago
<--- Is buying a PS4 launch with inFAMOUS: Second Son and Killzone: Shadow Fall so far!
MasterCornholio  +   791d ago
If everything goes well this could be the lineup.

1. Killzone Shadowfall
2. Infamous second son
3. Knack
4. Battlefield 4
5. Next Call of Duty
6. Watch Dogs
7. The Witness
8. Diablo 3
9. Destiny
10. DriveClub

OMG makes Nintendo look extremely lazy in comparison.

Motorola RAZR i
#24 (Edited 791d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
a_bro  +   790d ago
dont forget assassin's creed IV, although it will be out earlier for current gen consoles, most likely by a month though, which is not a problem.
#24.1 (Edited 790d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
puamdefokejpn  +   791d ago
O YES !!! YES !!! ,.. O how much I love infamous
zebrahim  +   791d ago
Top fps in killzone top 3rd person in second sun and the evolution studios racing game plus bf4 plus more...I'm gonna have a stroke....Sony is in excellent form.
NateCole  +   791d ago
Man. I am getting Infamous SS, Killizone and Watch Dogs at launch.

I would really love to have an RPG and a fighting game as well but i guess those will have to wait. Already have Diablo 3 on PC.

I really do hope Sony will have enough PS4 at launch.
madjedi  +   790d ago
E3 can't come soon enough.
GiantFriendlyCrab  +   790d ago
the ps2 launch lineup was very weak in comparison
Iltapalanyymi  +   790d ago
YES i was hoping for this to happen. thank you based sucker punch!! cant wait for this game !!!!

Project Cars Review (PC) - Telkom Gaming

7m ago - Project Cars is a racing simulator that is close to greatness, but marred by niggles and a drab s... | PC

Make It A (Virtual) Reality: Zombie Army Trilogy

7m ago - VRFocus offers another Make It A (Virtual) Reality, this week looking at the possibilities of tak... | PC

See what games are coming out in 2015

Now - Visit our release calendar to see what games are coming out in 2015. | Promoted post

Til Morning’s Light: Walkthrough Guide

8m ago - AppUnwrapper writes: "This is a complete walkthrough with hints, tips, tricks and answers for the... | iPhone

Roundabout Coming to PS4 Next Week with Remastered Xbox One Visuals

8m ago - Roundabout is coming to PS4 next week and looks to be the best version released thus far with mul... | PS4

The Witcher 3: How to slay the Werewolf boss on Death March difficulty

8m ago - If you’ve cleared The Witcher 3′s White Orchid region and have begun exploring the vast areas of... | PC