Submitted by G-Revolution 711d ago | news

Infamous: Second Son Is A PS4 Launch Title, Says Sucker Punch Dev

inFamous: Second Son is a PlayStation 4 launch title. The game will ship in Q4 2013 according to this resume from Sucker Punch’s rendering programmer. Another Sucker Punch developer notes the 2013 timeline for the game too.

inFamous: Second Sun uses high dynamic range (HDR) imaging for lightning and other graphical effects. The game has a real-time "wetness" and puddle system plus high quality sky and atmosphere effects.

Motion capture work for facial animations is being done at Digital Domain, a company that made in-game cinematics and teaser trailers for The Darkness II and Gears of War. (inFamous: Second Son, PS4, Sucker Punch)

Credit url: linkedin.com
wishingW3L  +   711d ago
good thing is that since the game's an open-world is gonna benefit greatly from the increased amount of ram and easier architecture. Can't wait!
#1 (Edited 711d ago ) | Agree(46) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
Ezz2013  +   711d ago
Killzone+infamous ps4 launch titles ?!
awesome
as always
ps4 is a day 1 for me
#1.1 (Edited 711d ago ) | Agree(59) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
Conzul  +   711d ago
Amen Brother!
gta2800  +   711d ago
I guess Sony was serious when they said they would have the biggest launch lineup ever. So juiced!
HammadTheBeast  +   711d ago
I know this hasn't really been talked about, but I'm hoping for multi player. Some DCUO type multi player with powers would be beast.
badz149  +   711d ago
biggest...not very important
but if we have KZSF, Infamous SS and then KNack on day 1...and all those 3rd party games like Watchdog...all I can say is OMG!
inveni0  +   711d ago
Sucker Punch already builds great open world games. I can't wait to see what they can do with the PS4.
dboyc310  +   711d ago
Was getting the ps4 day one already but this just makes it a set on stone type of thing. Can't wait for more announcements.
MariaHelFutura  +   711d ago
Boom goes the dynamite!!!!
Bumpmapping  +   711d ago
Awesome day 1 for sure!
SOD_Delta  +   711d ago
Indeed. Second Son will be my first PS4 game.
Next Gen Open world game day 1?? Yeah!!!!
#2.1.1 (Edited 711d ago ) | Agree(15) | Disagree(1) | Report
smashcrashbash  +   711d ago
Awesome.Infamous right off the bat.Perfectly good incentive to buy the PS4.But what do they need lightning effects for? Will Cole come back? Will he be the enemy? Will the new guy get electric powers too somehow? Will he get them from dead Cole or alive Cole or just absorb them like Cole did? Maybe Cole will appear to help the new guy or it could just be for storms or visual effects.Can't wait to find out.
#3 (Edited 711d ago ) | Agree(13) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
KewDeGra  +   711d ago
talk about spoiler ...... some people still haven't known the fate of the good/bad for infamous 2 ...
smashcrashbash  +   711d ago
I didn't reveal anything major.No one knows how he dies or what were the circumstances under which it happened or which ending involved his death or what lead to to his eventual death.The only thing I revealed is that he dies somehow at sometime with no specifics.
theWB27  +   711d ago
There comes a time when spoilers don't apply..going on 2 years after a game has released is one of them. Seriously.
KewDeGra  +   710d ago
whatever.
PSVita  +   710d ago
Played both games but still ***spoilers*** is always respectable.
a_bro  +   711d ago
so wait. this game and killzone shadow fall, PS4 launch titles? well s**t....
Conzul  +   711d ago
What..............did you expect? :/
Double_Oh_Snap  +   711d ago
Yes please!
miyamoto  +   711d ago
i want that PS4 toque!

i do't buy any hardware at launch

but PS4 sure makes me feel i should

because it does not have the steep PS3 learning curve developers had in terms of engines and graphics - meaning 1st generation PS4 games will look great right from the get go.
#6 (Edited 711d ago ) | Agree(11) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Williamson  +   711d ago
This is great news! 2 great exclusives for launch( killzone is for launch right?)and I cant forget about Knack which looks pretty unique.
OlgerO  +   711d ago
There is practically no excitement for knack, which is a shame.
RevXM  +   711d ago
It is a shame it doesnt get more attention.
It looks good and promising, but it didnt blow anyone away I guess.
It just might be that under the radar kind of game with good story and fun gameplay that slips because of its initial presentation... wich IMO didnt exite me much, but Ive dug a bit into it and now Im looking forward to more.
OlgerO  +   711d ago
@REvXM I think it is a good thing that the PS4 allows people to try games before they buy. This might increase the success of such games as knack.( if they are good ofcourse )
GiantFriendlyCrab  +   711d ago
4 games as launch titles already
BitbyDeath  +   711d ago
Only need about 2-3 games at launch and this is game number 1.

May also get Killzone but will wait to see what else is on offer first.
DigitalRaptor  +   711d ago
inFamous, Drive Club and Watch_Dogs for me. Perhaps Knack if I can afford it.

Killzone will have to wait, as buying a new console is quite expensive.
#9.1 (Edited 711d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
chukamachine  +   711d ago
I don't think they got enough cred for Infamous, the 1st looked decent, I thought the second on PS3 looked great.

Looking forward to this.
KillrateOmega  +   711d ago
Infamous: Second Son Is A PS4 Launch Title, Says Sucker Punch Dev
Yeah, there is no longer a need for me to see what MS is offering in the form of the Nextbox. I WILL be getting a PS4 :)
avangerironman  +   711d ago
woooow best news ever :') when i get my ps4 on Launch day
the games i will have are
inFAMOUS: Second Son, Killzone Shadow Fall, Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag :)
e-p-ayeaH  +   711d ago
that´s fuken awesome
sdgwegwdsgfwe   711d ago | Spam
Holeran  +   711d ago
HDR lighting with the kind of effects Sucker Punch puts in thier games is going to look tremendous.
r21  +   711d ago
Best launch IMO for next gen console. InFamous: Second Son, Killzone Shadow Fall, Knack, Watch_Dogs and who knows how many more launch titles we'll see. Good job Sony :D
DEATHSTROKE-cro-  +   711d ago
that's what I'm think. great launch.
can't wait the day I come home with PS4, inFamous, Killzone and if I collect more money, Watch Dogs and Battlefield 4.

and start uploading cool clips and funny BF4 kills to facebook :-)
Clover904  +   711d ago
Ps4 + Killzone + InFamous + Knack + Watch Dogs + me not going into work for at least a week = one happily broke sob. Can't wait!
stefan771  +   711d ago
Considering it was announced with the PS4, it's safe to say this will be a launch title
Derekvinyard13  +   711d ago
Nice
HmongAmerican  +   711d ago
what about those of us who want some JRPG as launch title for the console. This way they cover every area, so more people will buy the console at launch.
madjedi  +   711d ago
Your honestly more likely to see, jrpgs(minus ff types) sticking to the ps3 for a decent while longer, maybe 2+ yrs, they don't really need the power increase the ps4 brings and need a big enough install base for such a niche genre.

Although they could make them cross gen titles, your jrpgs guys are likely second yr buyers, assuming they don't bite at the launch titles.

I figure when atlus hops aboard, the other jrpg devs will soon follow.
black911  +   711d ago
I was gonna wait fall 2014 to buy a PS4. But I may buy it at launch.
jdktech2010  +   711d ago
killzone and infamous to go with watch dogs and ac4....fine sony you can have my money st launch.

That's a hell of a launch window as it is
Y_5150  +   711d ago
<--- Is buying a PS4 launch with inFAMOUS: Second Son and Killzone: Shadow Fall so far!
MasterCornholio  +   711d ago
If everything goes well this could be the lineup.

1. Killzone Shadowfall
2. Infamous second son
3. Knack
4. Battlefield 4
5. Next Call of Duty
6. Watch Dogs
7. The Witness
8. Diablo 3
9. Destiny
10. DriveClub

OMG makes Nintendo look extremely lazy in comparison.

Motorola RAZR i
#24 (Edited 711d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
a_bro  +   710d ago
dont forget assassin's creed IV, although it will be out earlier for current gen consoles, most likely by a month though, which is not a problem.
#24.1 (Edited 710d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
puamdefokejpn  +   711d ago
O YES !!! YES !!! ,.. O how much I love infamous
zebrahim  +   711d ago
Top fps in killzone top 3rd person in second sun and the evolution studios racing game plus bf4 plus more...I'm gonna have a stroke....Sony is in excellent form.
NateCole  +   711d ago
Man. I am getting Infamous SS, Killizone and Watch Dogs at launch.

I would really love to have an RPG and a fighting game as well but i guess those will have to wait. Already have Diablo 3 on PC.

I really do hope Sony will have enough PS4 at launch.
madjedi  +   711d ago
E3 can't come soon enough.
GiantFriendlyCrab  +   711d ago
the ps2 launch lineup was very weak in comparison
Iltapalanyymi  +   711d ago
YES i was hoping for this to happen. thank you based sucker punch!! cant wait for this game !!!!

Danganronpa 3 in development, still in its 'very early' stages

23m ago - Polygon: Spike Chunsoft is working on the third main entry of its murder mystery role-playing si... | PS3

GG Pocket - Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires - Episode 11

1h ago - Good Game's Hingers hacks and slashes his way through Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires. | Xbox 360

Prison Ain't So Bad in The Escapists - Cliqist

1h ago - Taylor Woolstenhulme writes: "he Escapists is, in a way, the anti-Prison Architect. Whereas Priso... | PC

Shadow Warrior has more Wang than you can handle for £14.29 on PS4/XO

2h ago - Dealspwn writes: Get wang! Yeah, we're never going to tire of those jokes with Shadow Warrior. An... | PS4

Valve Partners With HTC To Create The Vive Virtual Reality Headset

Now - Valve has formed a relationship with Taiwanese smartphone and tablet maker HTC to help create a virtual reality headset called The Vive, which is p... | Promoted post

Stardock Announces Ashes of the Singularity

2h ago - Hey Poor Player's Frank DiPersio writes - "With more good PC RTS news coming out of San Francisco... | PC