Try our new beta! Click here
Submitted by Cam977 981d ago | article

Why The Playstation Vita Has Already Succeeded

"After launching to a bumpy start in February 2012, the Playstation Vita has seen some hits (Gravity Rush, Uncharted & LittleBigPlanet being memorable examples) and an equal share of misses (DRM, Call Of Duty: BO:D & a very basic remote play compatibility list); but despite the Vita's balanced share of positives and negatives, by the way in which the console is currently flowing, it is up for a very, very successful future..." (PS Vita)

miyamoto  +   981d ago
Sony PlayStation has always done it homework to meet its goals and objectives for itself and for gaming.

PSP is still good business for Sony long after 9 years and still in good shape to still be selling on its 10th year... what more the PS Vita?

The Japan price drop shows Sony ain't as stiff necked as I thought they were, LOL!

And PS4 big bro is right up the alley to make things more interesting.

Succeed in Japan Succeed worldwide.

But Still no HDMI out Sony, come on!

North America
03/26 Machinarium
04/30 Soul Sacrifice
Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainhov's Revenge
06/25 Muramasa Rebirth
08/06 Dragon's Crown
09/03 Valhalla Knights 3
09/17 Killzone: Mercenary
09/24 Ys: Memories of Celceta

Phantasy Star Online 2

100 PS Vita games this year is real support
#1 (Edited 981d ago ) | Agree(19) | Disagree(10) | Report | Reply
TechnicianTed  +   980d ago
Yeah Machinarium is a great game. I loved completing it back in 2009 on my pc. Great game.
morganfell  +   980d ago
Do you ever tire of going into console articles and beating the PC drum?

The game is great and plenty of us played it on PC but your 2009 comment wasn't made for the sake of posterity or information to the gaming public. Your post history proves that.

Is it jealousy? Fear? Outright anger? You could be commenting in PC articles or gaming yet here you are, relentless in your posting of these types of remarks. Stealth trolling not so stealthy.
#1.1.1 (Edited 980d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(3) | Report
TechnicianTed  +   980d ago
Eh? I think you look through your fanboi glasses a bit too often morgan, you're seeing something that isn't there. I loved the game, and if anyone is interested in picking it up I'm more than happy to encourage them doing so, which is what I was doing here.

It's pretty sad that you have such a knee-jerk attitude to things, and clearly have a different mindset to myself.

I mean, really? Relentless in my posting? This is the first post I've made in a couple of days lol, that's far from relentless. Sorry but I think your attitude is quite pathetic.
#1.1.2 (Edited 980d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(6) | Report
Diver  +   980d ago
Ted dude are you evn aware of your post history I don't think so. You might not been here in a few days but when you are its pure console envy. Say what you want dude but your history tells everthing

You ain't mister objective. The fact you can't see that makes it worse.
#1.1.3 (Edited 980d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report
TechnicianTed  +   980d ago

What the hell has my post history got to do with anything? So because I like gaming on pc I can't comment on anything else, even though I have every other console including a Vita?

I liked the bloody game, and I said it was a great game, that's it. No malice, just commenting on a game.

'pure console envy'? What the hell are you going on about?

You really are off-topic here.

EDIT:Besides, it's clear to see from both your post histories that you are Sony fanbois. So I wouldn't go talking about objectivity too much.
#1.1.4 (Edited 980d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(5) | Report
Red_Devilz  +   980d ago
This is amazing! Popcorn and soda, please!
Diver  +   980d ago
Yeah I'm a fanboy an the difference is I know it where you don't have a clue what it is you do all the time.

Self awareness yeah its a rare thing.
Apollosupreme  +   980d ago
And you know there is a bunch of unannounced games for the fall.
boybato  +   981d ago
release a metal gear title already and my vita and i will be at peace.

btw I've been browsing my trophy list via my vita and I noticed metal gear revengance with both the vita and ps3 icon. kewl.
sherimae2413  +   981d ago
it will definitely succeed, i have no worries since from the beginning
because i have never seen a sony console/handheld fail
not every one of them have a 5 year and below lifespan

it all have an amazing games on its own, specially the ps2 ^_^
#3 (Edited 981d ago ) | Agree(10) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
fOrlOnhOpe57  +   980d ago
Yep, the Vita is good despite all the stupid doom articles that thankfully appear to be thinning out. Of course, it's REAL destiny will be set when PS4 drops. Any gamer won't be able to have a PS4 without having a Vita.
Success depends on what goals SONY had set for the handheld.
For instance, SONY aimed to sell 10 million Vitas for the fiscal year ending March 31st. Is that going to happen? No. Success? Nope.
puamdefokejpn  +   980d ago
That is for investors and to give it a positive pitch,..That the gaming market is thriving,.. You cannot predict how market will react,.. You think that 3ds stayed at 250 would even compete with Vita? Hell psp price was 3ds level just recently in Japan.
#5.1 (Edited 980d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
InTheLab  +   980d ago
A ton of people hate the truth, I see. Vita sales have been poor and only fans of Sony are satisfied with it's performance.
tachy0n  +   980d ago
sales mean sh!t.

Call Of Duty is the best selling game, does that make it is the best game ever? NO.
#5.2.1 (Edited 980d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(2) | Report
kayoss  +   980d ago
And crack heads like you keep thinking sales numbers determine the quality of the product. Wii u is struggling with sales does that make it a bad console? If you want to see a bad product that never going to go anywhere... Just look in a mirror.
GABRIEL1030  +   980d ago
Vita is a great device, It had a bad beginning but It's doing great, Im very happy for buy it and with PLUS ( uncharted, Gravity Rush, Wipeout, Tekken 6, Jet Set Radio for Free) is pure dynamite¡ :)
miyamoto  +   980d ago
The exact same thing can be said of the 3DS.

"The price of the 3DS, released in February, will be lowered to 15,000 yen from 25,000 yen in Japan starting Aug. 11 to trigger “momentum” for the product before the year-end shopping season, the company said. In the U.S., the 3DS will cost $169.99 starting Aug. 12, down 32 percent from the current price of $249.99."

"Nintendo has cut its hardware sales forecast after a less than stellar performance in the fourth quarter. Projections for the Wii U have been revised down to 4 million by the end of the fiscal year that ends on March 31 - from 5.5 million. Nintendo also says that it now expects to sell 15 million units during this fiscal year - down from 17.5. The Nintendo DS will sell 2.3 million units during this fiscal year, down from a previous forecast of 2.5 million."

That is the problem with you sales obsessed fanboys. Its a lost cause really.
#5.3 (Edited 980d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Protagonist  +   980d ago
Sale criterias or not, the PS Vita already got the support and even more to come. In my point of view, it is (as the article points out) a succes and with the PS4 coming, even more of the PS Vita power will be unleashed.
#6 (Edited 980d ago ) | Agree(10) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
esemce  +   980d ago
lolz innit.
GABRIEL1030  +   980d ago
VITA is awakening... Killzone, FFX HD, Soul Sacrifice, Dead or Alive 5, It's a nice dvice......:)
#8 (Edited 980d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply

League of Legends – Jay Chou announces formation of eSports team

5h ago - According to the latest reports from Taiwan, superstar Jay Chou has announced the formation of hi... | PC

Arpiel – Nexon reveals opening trailer for upcoming short anime series

5h ago - Just before G-Star 2015 started, Nexon announced it is entering the anime/ cartoon business with... | PC

HotLiked - What the Internet is talking about right now

Now - Kill some time at You will regret it... | Promoted post

Bubble Genius - Tips, Tricks, Cheats, How to Beat, and Strategy Guide

14h ago - Bubble Genius is a new bubble shooting game for the iOS and Android platform. Your goal is to pop... | iPhone

BeatNiks - Tips, Tricks, Cheats, How to Beat, and Strategy Guide

14h ago - BeatNiks is a new virtual pet game by Harmonix, best known for the development of the Guitar Hero... | iPhone

Nintendo 3DS XL with Super Mario 3D Land Game: $129.99 (Reg. $174.99)

14h ago - Grab the Black Nintendo 3DS XL with Super Mario 3D Land Game for $129.99 at Amazon! Take... | 3DS