Submitted by stonepaintings 862d ago | news

The Last of Us will be playable for the general public this weekend

Naughty Dog will be bringing their upcoming apocalyptic survival game, “The Last of Us,” and offering it to the general public to play at this year’s PAX East. This will be the first time that the game will be in playable form for anyone to try. As such, PAX East attendees will be among the first gamers in the world who get a chance to play the game. (PS3, The Last Of Us)

Ezz2013  +   862d ago
those lucky bas***** at PAX >:0
#1 (Edited 862d ago ) | Agree(17) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Crazyglues  +   862d ago
Wow.. and the people who bought GOW Ascension get hosed because they can't play until may, but people at PAX will get to play..

That really sucks because people who bought GOW thought that they would be getting a great bonus... -and now it just seems like there really is no reason for why we are getting the demo so late.. -when it's clearly available for PAX attendees

.____........___...
.____||......||.......|___||
||.........___||............ ||
#1.1 (Edited 862d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(12) | Report | Reply
Crazyglues  +   862d ago
What in the world, who disagrees with that, this is all true, the demo is available now for PAX people

and yes I would like to play now too as I bought God Of War Ascension and they said we would get the demo..

What's the disagree for???
The_Klank  +   862d ago
I didn't disagree but I'd imagine its because you are still getting the demo, just later.
elda  +   862d ago
@Crazyglues,I agree...I bought GoW:A & it should have never been tagged with a demo knowing that the demo wasn't playable until 2 months later,2 weeks before the game full release,the demo should just appear ready to download & play on the PSN like any other demo.
trenso1  +   862d ago
i disagreed because PAX is a gaming event which, in which events are often used to advertise games, so i don't see anything wrong with this especially since people paid to go to the expo(which is sold out).

I have never seen anyone complain about an early glimpse at an expo and getting the short end of the stick, because what they usually show there is a very short demo of something was shown previously in a video. So I expect these people to be playing the clicker section that we saw a couple of weeks ago not a full demo like the ones who bought GOW will have early.
Christopher  +   861d ago
No one said that there wouldn't be other ways to get one's hands on the demo or that GoWA would get it first. It's not like those GoWA people are losing their demo access.

And, to be honest, anyone anywhere can go out and get GoWA. Not everyone can attend PAX.
#1.1.5 (Edited 861d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
subtenko  +   862d ago
dagon I thought it was psn demo...
FrostyZipper  +   862d ago
Goddamnit I thought for a moment it was talking about a public demo over PSN. Way to get my hopes up and then dash them cruelly examiner.com
#2 (Edited 862d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
Sharius  +   862d ago
And i have that demo in my GOWA disc but have to wait till may to play it, damn
Kos-Mos  +   862d ago
I predict this to be another over-hyped game. I can`t remember the last über-hyped game that was any good. Of course I`ll give it a chance with demo play first.
Ps: I`m a gamer not a fanboy. I`m allowed to have an opinion by freedom of speech. Be stupid or reply me maturely.
r21  +   862d ago
What uber-hyped game are you talking bout? An exclusive, a mulptiplatform title? We'll never know.
#4.1 (Edited 862d ago ) | Agree(10) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
wenaldy  +   862d ago
Your comment is always about stupidity anyway..
#4.2 (Edited 862d ago ) | Agree(12) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
G20WLY  +   862d ago
Yeah man, you're so right. Like that 'Bioshock Infinite' game! Oh wait...lol

I mean c'mon, it's not like we haven't seen anything from this game, is it? We've seen lots about the inspiration behind the concept and we've seen lots of gameplay focusing on how it is improved over Naughty Dog's previous games (which is quite an achievement in itself).

I think we can be quite confident this game is going to be good/great/amazing without even needing to play the demo, as nice as it would be to do so!

So how 'bout you stop p!ssing on our chips? :P
#4.3 (Edited 862d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Bathyj  +   862d ago
You're absolutely right, you are entitled to your wrong opinion.
HOO-HAA  +   861d ago
"Of course I'll give it a chance" You haven't even played 0.00001 second of the game yet and you've already judged it!!! Even trolls are entitled to freedom of speech I suppose!
Christopher  +   861d ago
You should read up on Freedom of Speech and what it actually covers. It doesn't cover what you think it does.
#4.6 (Edited 861d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
N0S3LFESTEEM  +   862d ago
As a PC gamer I'm pretty impressed by what they managed to do with only 512mb.
Irishguy95  +   862d ago
It's 256mb RAM(+ 256 system which isn't used in games). And as a person with minimal knowledge on gaming hardware(which seems to be more than 95% of N4G), I tell you RAM is highly overrated and the Last of Us proves the amount of Ram doesn't count for **** over the other components.

The Xbox 360 has 100-150mb more Ram usable for Video games. Putting it at 350-400mb(with another 112 or so needed for the system).
#5.1 (Edited 862d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(8) | Report | Reply
N0S3LFESTEEM  +   862d ago
Both systems have 512mb.

PS3
256MB XDR Main RAM @3.2GHz
256MB GDDR3 VRAM @700MHz

Xbox 360
512 MB GDDR3 RAM @700MHz
r21  +   862d ago
Damn it, i thought they were planning to make it available to everyone on PSN. My own fault for jumping to conclusions :C Them PAX visitors are lucky as hell.
SDF Repellent  +   862d ago
Thank god I have a PS3, I wouldn't want to miss this game. Patiently await the launch of the Demo.
Bathyj  +   862d ago
Yeah, it seems kind of funny now that the demo is delayed when its gonna be a PaX.
I can't only assume the psn demo is a multi player one and its not ready yet.
Christopher  +   861d ago
It could be an updated version for PSN. The PAX might be the same old one they've run before at press events without any new elements to it.
plaZeHD  +   862d ago
I wish I lived in US.
nintendoland  +   861d ago
i wouldn't call lucky. Those poor smart people are gonna be disturbed by all those mindless fans.

CeX Review- Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley

20m ago - Denis Murphy writes- Though I certainly wasn't there at the beginning of the series on the SNES b... | 3DS

SUPERHOT Enters Beta Stage, Gets First Gameplay Trailer

1h ago - The SUPERHOT Team has just announced that SUPERHOT has entered its beta phase. | PC

Win a Pro-Painted Ghorgon!

Now - Turbo Tape Games is pleased to announce a contest for an exclusive Ghorgon miniature hand-painted by Dave Taylor! | Promoted post

Education Becomes Product in No Pineapple Left Behind’s Demo

3h ago - A mind is a terrible thing to waste, especially when it could be stuffed full of facts to generat... | PC

Wipeout 2 Cheats, Tips & Tricks: 6 Awesome Hints You Should Know

3h ago - Want to enjoy all the crazy fun of the Wipeout television show on your iOS device? Activision is... | iPhone

Terminator Genisys: Revolution Cheats & Strategy Guide – 5 Essential Tips You Need to Know

3h ago - Terminator Genisys: Revolution is a brand new mobile game by Glu, which is available for iOS and... | iPhone