Try our new beta! Click here
Submitted by stonepaintings 984d ago | news

The Last of Us will be playable for the general public this weekend

Naughty Dog will be bringing their upcoming apocalyptic survival game, “The Last of Us,” and offering it to the general public to play at this year’s PAX East. This will be the first time that the game will be in playable form for anyone to try. As such, PAX East attendees will be among the first gamers in the world who get a chance to play the game. (PS3, The Last Of Us)

Ezz2013  +   985d ago
those lucky bas***** at PAX >:0
#1 (Edited 985d ago ) | Agree(17) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Crazyglues  +   984d ago
Wow.. and the people who bought GOW Ascension get hosed because they can't play until may, but people at PAX will get to play..

That really sucks because people who bought GOW thought that they would be getting a great bonus... -and now it just seems like there really is no reason for why we are getting the demo so late.. -when it's clearly available for PAX attendees

||.........___||............ ||
#1.1 (Edited 984d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(12) | Report | Reply
Crazyglues  +   984d ago
What in the world, who disagrees with that, this is all true, the demo is available now for PAX people

and yes I would like to play now too as I bought God Of War Ascension and they said we would get the demo..

What's the disagree for???
The_Klank  +   984d ago
I didn't disagree but I'd imagine its because you are still getting the demo, just later.
elda  +   984d ago
@Crazyglues,I agree...I bought GoW:A & it should have never been tagged with a demo knowing that the demo wasn't playable until 2 months later,2 weeks before the game full release,the demo should just appear ready to download & play on the PSN like any other demo.
trenso1  +   984d ago
i disagreed because PAX is a gaming event which, in which events are often used to advertise games, so i don't see anything wrong with this especially since people paid to go to the expo(which is sold out).

I have never seen anyone complain about an early glimpse at an expo and getting the short end of the stick, because what they usually show there is a very short demo of something was shown previously in a video. So I expect these people to be playing the clicker section that we saw a couple of weeks ago not a full demo like the ones who bought GOW will have early.
Christopher  +   984d ago
No one said that there wouldn't be other ways to get one's hands on the demo or that GoWA would get it first. It's not like those GoWA people are losing their demo access.

And, to be honest, anyone anywhere can go out and get GoWA. Not everyone can attend PAX.
#1.1.5 (Edited 984d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
subtenko  +   984d ago
dagon I thought it was psn demo...
FrostyZipper  +   984d ago
Goddamnit I thought for a moment it was talking about a public demo over PSN. Way to get my hopes up and then dash them cruelly
#2 (Edited 984d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
Sharius  +   984d ago
And i have that demo in my GOWA disc but have to wait till may to play it, damn
Kos-Mos  +   984d ago
I predict this to be another over-hyped game. I can`t remember the last über-hyped game that was any good. Of course I`ll give it a chance with demo play first.
Ps: I`m a gamer not a fanboy. I`m allowed to have an opinion by freedom of speech. Be stupid or reply me maturely.
r21  +   984d ago
What uber-hyped game are you talking bout? An exclusive, a mulptiplatform title? We'll never know.
#4.1 (Edited 984d ago ) | Agree(10) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
wenaldy  +   984d ago
Your comment is always about stupidity anyway..
#4.2 (Edited 984d ago ) | Agree(12) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
G20WLY  +   984d ago
Yeah man, you're so right. Like that 'Bioshock Infinite' game! Oh

I mean c'mon, it's not like we haven't seen anything from this game, is it? We've seen lots about the inspiration behind the concept and we've seen lots of gameplay focusing on how it is improved over Naughty Dog's previous games (which is quite an achievement in itself).

I think we can be quite confident this game is going to be good/great/amazing without even needing to play the demo, as nice as it would be to do so!

So how 'bout you stop p!ssing on our chips? :P
#4.3 (Edited 984d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Bathyj  +   984d ago
You're absolutely right, you are entitled to your wrong opinion.
HOO-HAA  +   984d ago
"Of course I'll give it a chance" You haven't even played 0.00001 second of the game yet and you've already judged it!!! Even trolls are entitled to freedom of speech I suppose!
Christopher  +   984d ago
You should read up on Freedom of Speech and what it actually covers. It doesn't cover what you think it does.
#4.6 (Edited 984d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
N0S3LFESTEEM  +   984d ago
As a PC gamer I'm pretty impressed by what they managed to do with only 512mb.
Irishguy95  +   984d ago
It's 256mb RAM(+ 256 system which isn't used in games). And as a person with minimal knowledge on gaming hardware(which seems to be more than 95% of N4G), I tell you RAM is highly overrated and the Last of Us proves the amount of Ram doesn't count for **** over the other components.

The Xbox 360 has 100-150mb more Ram usable for Video games. Putting it at 350-400mb(with another 112 or so needed for the system).
#5.1 (Edited 984d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(8) | Report | Reply
N0S3LFESTEEM  +   984d ago
Both systems have 512mb.

256MB XDR Main RAM @3.2GHz
256MB GDDR3 VRAM @700MHz

Xbox 360
512 MB GDDR3 RAM @700MHz
r21  +   984d ago
Damn it, i thought they were planning to make it available to everyone on PSN. My own fault for jumping to conclusions :C Them PAX visitors are lucky as hell.
SDF Repellent  +   984d ago
Thank god I have a PS3, I wouldn't want to miss this game. Patiently await the launch of the Demo.
Bathyj  +   984d ago
Yeah, it seems kind of funny now that the demo is delayed when its gonna be a PaX.
I can't only assume the psn demo is a multi player one and its not ready yet.
Christopher  +   984d ago
It could be an updated version for PSN. The PAX might be the same old one they've run before at press events without any new elements to it.
plaZeHD  +   984d ago
I wish I lived in US.
nintendoland  +   984d ago
i wouldn't call lucky. Those poor smart people are gonna be disturbed by all those mindless fans.

Pocket MapleStory: Complete Demon Slayer class guide for levels 1 - 10

1h ago - Pocket MapleStory hit our mobile devices like a whirlwind recently, bringing the popular MMO IP t... | iPhone

Dreamfall Chapters Book Four Out December 3, Teaser Trailer Released

1h ago - Red Thread Games have today announced the forth chapter in their Dreamfall series, will release o... | PC

See what games are coming out in 2016

Now - Visit our release calendar to see what games are coming out in 2016. | Promoted post

Ultimaximum Overdrive Podcast: Episode 12- The Out Of Context Long Play

1h ago - This week on the Ultimaximum Overdrive Podcast, we're running with a three man crew. In this epis... | PC

Zelda: Twilight Princess HD up for pre-order on Amazon UK

1h ago - Amazon UK has now opened up pre-orders for The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD. | Wii U

Spatium New Planetary Crafting MMO Hits Kickstarter

1h ago - A new and interesting MMO appeared on Kickstarter today as new development studio Naxcore reveale... | PC