Submitted by stonepaintings 766d ago | news

The Last of Us will be playable for the general public this weekend

Naughty Dog will be bringing their upcoming apocalyptic survival game, “The Last of Us,” and offering it to the general public to play at this year’s PAX East. This will be the first time that the game will be in playable form for anyone to try. As such, PAX East attendees will be among the first gamers in the world who get a chance to play the game. (PS3, The Last Of Us)

Ezz2013  +   766d ago
those lucky bas***** at PAX >:0
#1 (Edited 766d ago ) | Agree(17) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Crazyglues  +   766d ago
Wow.. and the people who bought GOW Ascension get hosed because they can't play until may, but people at PAX will get to play..

That really sucks because people who bought GOW thought that they would be getting a great bonus... -and now it just seems like there really is no reason for why we are getting the demo so late.. -when it's clearly available for PAX attendees

.____........___...
.____||......||.......|___||
||.........___||............ ||
#1.1 (Edited 766d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(12) | Report | Reply
Crazyglues  +   766d ago
What in the world, who disagrees with that, this is all true, the demo is available now for PAX people

and yes I would like to play now too as I bought God Of War Ascension and they said we would get the demo..

What's the disagree for???
The_Klank  +   766d ago
I didn't disagree but I'd imagine its because you are still getting the demo, just later.
elda  +   766d ago
@Crazyglues,I agree...I bought GoW:A & it should have never been tagged with a demo knowing that the demo wasn't playable until 2 months later,2 weeks before the game full release,the demo should just appear ready to download & play on the PSN like any other demo.
trenso1  +   766d ago
i disagreed because PAX is a gaming event which, in which events are often used to advertise games, so i don't see anything wrong with this especially since people paid to go to the expo(which is sold out).

I have never seen anyone complain about an early glimpse at an expo and getting the short end of the stick, because what they usually show there is a very short demo of something was shown previously in a video. So I expect these people to be playing the clicker section that we saw a couple of weeks ago not a full demo like the ones who bought GOW will have early.
Christopher  +   766d ago
No one said that there wouldn't be other ways to get one's hands on the demo or that GoWA would get it first. It's not like those GoWA people are losing their demo access.

And, to be honest, anyone anywhere can go out and get GoWA. Not everyone can attend PAX.
#1.1.5 (Edited 766d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
subtenko  +   766d ago
dagon I thought it was psn demo...
FrostyZipper  +   766d ago
Goddamnit I thought for a moment it was talking about a public demo over PSN. Way to get my hopes up and then dash them cruelly examiner.com
#2 (Edited 766d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
Sharius  +   766d ago
And i have that demo in my GOWA disc but have to wait till may to play it, damn
Kos-Mos  +   766d ago
I predict this to be another over-hyped game. I can`t remember the last über-hyped game that was any good. Of course I`ll give it a chance with demo play first.
Ps: I`m a gamer not a fanboy. I`m allowed to have an opinion by freedom of speech. Be stupid or reply me maturely.
r21  +   766d ago
What uber-hyped game are you talking bout? An exclusive, a mulptiplatform title? We'll never know.
#4.1 (Edited 766d ago ) | Agree(10) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
wenaldy  +   766d ago
Your comment is always about stupidity anyway..
#4.2 (Edited 766d ago ) | Agree(12) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
G20WLY  +   766d ago
Yeah man, you're so right. Like that 'Bioshock Infinite' game! Oh wait...lol

I mean c'mon, it's not like we haven't seen anything from this game, is it? We've seen lots about the inspiration behind the concept and we've seen lots of gameplay focusing on how it is improved over Naughty Dog's previous games (which is quite an achievement in itself).

I think we can be quite confident this game is going to be good/great/amazing without even needing to play the demo, as nice as it would be to do so!

So how 'bout you stop p!ssing on our chips? :P
#4.3 (Edited 766d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Bathyj  +   766d ago
You're absolutely right, you are entitled to your wrong opinion.
HOO-HAA  +   766d ago
"Of course I'll give it a chance" You haven't even played 0.00001 second of the game yet and you've already judged it!!! Even trolls are entitled to freedom of speech I suppose!
Christopher  +   766d ago
You should read up on Freedom of Speech and what it actually covers. It doesn't cover what you think it does.
#4.6 (Edited 766d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
N0S3LFESTEEM  +   766d ago
As a PC gamer I'm pretty impressed by what they managed to do with only 512mb.
Irishguy95  +   766d ago
It's 256mb RAM(+ 256 system which isn't used in games). And as a person with minimal knowledge on gaming hardware(which seems to be more than 95% of N4G), I tell you RAM is highly overrated and the Last of Us proves the amount of Ram doesn't count for **** over the other components.

The Xbox 360 has 100-150mb more Ram usable for Video games. Putting it at 350-400mb(with another 112 or so needed for the system).
#5.1 (Edited 766d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(8) | Report | Reply
N0S3LFESTEEM  +   766d ago
Both systems have 512mb.

PS3
256MB XDR Main RAM @3.2GHz
256MB GDDR3 VRAM @700MHz

Xbox 360
512 MB GDDR3 RAM @700MHz
r21  +   766d ago
Damn it, i thought they were planning to make it available to everyone on PSN. My own fault for jumping to conclusions :C Them PAX visitors are lucky as hell.
SDF Repellent  +   766d ago
Thank god I have a PS3, I wouldn't want to miss this game. Patiently await the launch of the Demo.
Bathyj  +   766d ago
Yeah, it seems kind of funny now that the demo is delayed when its gonna be a PaX.
I can't only assume the psn demo is a multi player one and its not ready yet.
Christopher  +   766d ago
It could be an updated version for PSN. The PAX might be the same old one they've run before at press events without any new elements to it.
plaZeHD  +   766d ago
I wish I lived in US.
nintendoland  +   766d ago
i wouldn't call lucky. Those poor smart people are gonna be disturbed by all those mindless fans.

Mortal Kombat X for PS3 and Xbox 360 coming out June 15?

16m ago - Amazon Italy has revealed the possible release date for Mortal Kombat X’s PS3 and Xbox 360 versions. | Xbox 360

Five Games: ‘Broken Age Act 2’ And Everything Else You Need To Play This Week

39m ago - Broken Age is finally completed and a Japanese girl group saves the world in this week's Five Games. | PC

Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (3DS) Review

Now - Justin takes the latest 3DS remaster for a spin. | Promoted post

State Of Decay Year One Survival Edition Review | PressA2Join

51m ago - There’s something about Zombie Apocalypses that pull me in. The shift from order to chaos. Broken... | Xbox One

The 4 ways Heroes of the Storm won over a MOBA hater

1h ago - Gamespresso- Since starting my time with the Heroes of the Storm beta I have found myself jumping... | PC

Xenoblade Chronicles X Is Shaping Up To Be A Great Console Seller

2h ago - Nerdacy: Xenoblade Chronicles X was announced during the E3 of 2013, simply called “X” at the mom... | Wii U