Submitted by doctorstrange 838d ago | news

GameStop Site: Buy God of War: Ascension, get the God of War Saga Free

If, for some reason, you’ve held off on buying God of War: Ascension until now, GameStop has a really good offer to hopefully convince you.
-PSLS (God of War Saga, God of War: Ascension, PS3)

Alternative Sources
doctorstrange  +   838d ago
Wait, so that's 6 games for $60? Dang
TrendyGamers  +   838d ago
Very dang, great deal for anyone who waited.
xHeavYx  +   838d ago
That's an amazing deal for everyone. I've played all the GOW games and still bought the GOW saga. There is no excuse for people who didn't play the series now
aDDicteD  +   838d ago
i feel sad for those who purchased it day 1. but who could ever predict that weeks later there will be a deal like this one.
TrendyGamers  +   838d ago
@aDDicteD

It's been 8 days.
KwietStorm  +   838d ago
@aDDicted

You feel sad? Lol for what? I've had the whole series for years.
LOGICWINS  +   838d ago
@Heavy- Unless they don't like hack n slash games?

I'll be picking this up. This deal wont last :)
OlgerO  +   838d ago
I never played any God of War games, since I was not really that interested in it, but after this I dont have any excuse not to buy it
TechnicianTed  +   838d ago
That's great for any gamer that somehow hasn't played a GoW game since it launched, all those years ago.
#1.2 (Edited 838d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
ftwrthtx  +   838d ago
Good deal
LOL_WUT  +   838d ago
Not a bad offer
Blank  +   838d ago
Great bargain
HarryMasonHerpderp  +   838d ago
UK customers get to pay £50/$75 for the standard edition on Gamestop and no extra games.....awesome -_-
Ah well enjoy the deal my American friends!
#3 (Edited 838d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Murad  +   838d ago
You guys get the better collector editions, like the Deus Ex Human Revolution that actually came with a figurine. So enjoy your deals my European friend.
da_2pacalypse  +   838d ago
No deal in Canada :(
TrendyGamers  +   838d ago
Yeah, I checked EB Games and was disappointed it isn't offered as well.
JaredH  +   838d ago
Ebgames and almost every other retail store in Canada release their online and weekly deals on fridays through flyers. You can see them online on their websites then.

We'll see on Friday if Canada gets a deal like this.
#4.1.1 (Edited 838d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report
Heisenburger  +   838d ago
I'm all over this. I was going to wait for a price drop, but this deal is insane.

Insane in the membrane.
TrendyGamers  +   838d ago
Good choice!
#5.1 (Edited 838d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
aDDicteD  +   838d ago
that's a sweet deal! now I'm tempted to buy one!

Edit: anyone knows how many GB do the Gow:origins need???
#6 (Edited 838d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Jek_Porkins  +   838d ago
Wonder if the sales were off a bit for Ascension? Usually get deals like this when a retailer ordered too many copies of a game.
thawind  +   838d ago
Im getting this shit 2day hold on gamestop.com Im coming
Heisenburger  +   838d ago
**ATTENTION EVERYONE**

You must add both games to your cart to receive them. Meaning if you just purchase Ascension you WILL NOT receive the GOW Saga!

I luckily caught it, cancelled my order, and then did it the correct way.

All you have to do is go to the PS3 section. At the top should be Bioshock(or some other upcoming game) use the arrow to scroll until you see an advertisement for Ascension.

Click on it.

It will bring you to a page where you'll see Ascension for $59. DO NO CLICK IT!!

Instead click the banner directly above it. It will say on the banner: Click here to add both items.

THEN check out as normal.
thawind  +   838d ago
@Heisenburger Thanks for looking out.:)
TheFallenAngel  +   838d ago
Although the story on ascension is weak its a very enjoyable game. Ghost of Sparta should of been the prequel for the ps3. Chains of Olympus is very good also. GoW 1-3 excellent games.
nevin1  +   838d ago
online only sucks though.
dbjj12088  +   838d ago
Wow, anyone looking to get into God of War should certainly go this route.
ginsunuva  +   838d ago
hooooly kratos
Heavenly King  +   838d ago
Amazing offer!! I would buy that, but I already own them XD
EffectO  +   838d ago
GOW:A bomba.

Just a small warning to potential buyers,

Everyone be aware that both Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta are not on disc and are PSN codes vouchers.
PSN codes also will expire on March 31st, 2013.
Silly gameAr  +   838d ago
Oh, so this means GOW:A was a "bomba" huh? I just thought it was a good deal to get the newbies into the series, but what do I know.
EffectO  +   838d ago
It's not a good deal,it's an amazing deal.Buying separately requires $100.Six games for $60 and one of them is just a week old,this is probably one of the greatest deals ever.

Maybe Amazon price matches,that would be nice.
#14.1.1 (Edited 838d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(1) | Report
BoNeSaW23  +   838d ago
Read your comment and then ran and grabbed my voucher out of my GOW Saga and you are right. I now have the Origins Collection DL as I type this!

Thanks for the reminder dude!
#14.2 (Edited 838d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Roper316  +   838d ago
that is 1 great deal, reminds me of the Orange Box Valve put out, great bunch of games @ a great price. You just can't go wrong if you buy this.
LessThan2Tflops  +   838d ago
God of War Saga was $15 on Black Friday though
Heavenly King  +   838d ago
and now they are giving it for free with Ascension.
Lockon  +   838d ago
Oh well. I'm buying it now. Thats like 4 games for 60 dollars?
XIIIWARRIOR41  +   838d ago
More like 6 games my friend.
Lockon  +   838d ago
EVEN BETTER. Just bought. I've only played Gow of war 3 and chains of Olympus so im inf or a treat!
Heavenly King  +   838d ago
6 games for $60.

GOW: Ascension
GOW I
GOW II
GOW III
GOW: Ghost of Sparta
GOW: Chains of Olympus
TheUndertaker85  +   838d ago
Deal extends to the Collectors Edition too. Awesome deal all around.

#18 (Edited 838d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Simco876   838d ago | Bad language | show
BLAKHOODe  +   838d ago
Well f***! I bought Day 1 and missed out. I already have all the GOW games, but still.. it's ridiculous that it's such a gamble anymore on when and where to buy a video game. I have The Last Of Us pre-ordered, too.. should I pick it up Day 1 also or are they going to include the Uncharted trilogy as a bonus a week later???
detroitmademe  +   838d ago
so can i play the psp games on the ps3?
xursz  +   838d ago
Yeah, Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta are in the saga pack.
Heisenburger  +   838d ago
*ATTENTION EVERYONE*

I luckily caught it, cancelled my order, and then did it the correct way.

Click on it.

THEN check out as normal.
axerated  +   838d ago
What a deal! I've ordered it from the U.S but does anyone know if the DL codes will work in the Uk? Or do I have to make another account?

Lost Sea coming to Xbox One this Year

16m ago - Lost Sea is a 3D strategy action game that takes place inside a procedurally generated archipelag... | Xbox One

Go! Princess PreCure: Sugar Kingdom and the Six Princesses Game - new video released

38m ago - New video released for the Go! Princess PreCure: Sugar Kingdom and the Six Princesses game, which... | 3DS

An Interview with Jeremy Dunham

Now - Jeremy Dunham of Psyonix talks about design choices, importance of player feedback, DLC, and the most important thing to master in Rocket League. | Promoted post

New Date A Live II smartphone game coming soon

41m ago - Nijiyome is going to release a new Date a Live II smartphone game soon! The pre-registration has... | iPhone

ARK: Survival Evolved | Gamereactor UK

53m ago - GR-UK writes: "The setting - the island, the dinosaurs - provides the backdrop for a rich adventu... | PC

SLG title Raishi sequel to release on 3DS and PS Vita

53m ago - Today, KLON announced the sequel of the Raishi 3DS game. The 2nd game will be available on PS Vi... | PS Vita