Submitted by doctorstrange 738d ago | news

GameStop Site: Buy God of War: Ascension, get the God of War Saga Free

If, for some reason, you’ve held off on buying God of War: Ascension until now, GameStop has a really good offer to hopefully convince you.
-PSLS (God of War Saga, God of War: Ascension, PS3)

Alternative Sources
doctorstrange  +   738d ago
Wait, so that's 6 games for $60? Dang
TrendyGamers  +   738d ago
Very dang, great deal for anyone who waited.
xHeavYx  +   738d ago
That's an amazing deal for everyone. I've played all the GOW games and still bought the GOW saga. There is no excuse for people who didn't play the series now
aDDicteD  +   738d ago
i feel sad for those who purchased it day 1. but who could ever predict that weeks later there will be a deal like this one.
TrendyGamers  +   738d ago
@aDDicteD

It's been 8 days.
KwietStorm  +   738d ago
@aDDicted

You feel sad? Lol for what? I've had the whole series for years.
LOGICWINS  +   738d ago
@Heavy- Unless they don't like hack n slash games?

I'll be picking this up. This deal wont last :)
OlgerO  +   737d ago
I never played any God of War games, since I was not really that interested in it, but after this I dont have any excuse not to buy it
TechnicianTed  +   738d ago
That's great for any gamer that somehow hasn't played a GoW game since it launched, all those years ago.
#1.2 (Edited 738d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
ftwrthtx  +   738d ago
Good deal
LOL_WUT  +   738d ago
Not a bad offer
Blank  +   737d ago
Great bargain
HarryMasonHerpderp  +   738d ago
UK customers get to pay £50/$75 for the standard edition on Gamestop and no extra games.....awesome -_-
Ah well enjoy the deal my American friends!
#3 (Edited 738d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Murad  +   738d ago
You guys get the better collector editions, like the Deus Ex Human Revolution that actually came with a figurine. So enjoy your deals my European friend.
da_2pacalypse  +   738d ago
No deal in Canada :(
TrendyGamers  +   738d ago
Yeah, I checked EB Games and was disappointed it isn't offered as well.
JaredH  +   738d ago
Ebgames and almost every other retail store in Canada release their online and weekly deals on fridays through flyers. You can see them online on their websites then.

We'll see on Friday if Canada gets a deal like this.
#4.1.1 (Edited 738d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report
Heisenburger  +   738d ago
I'm all over this. I was going to wait for a price drop, but this deal is insane.

Insane in the membrane.
TrendyGamers  +   738d ago
Good choice!
#5.1 (Edited 738d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
aDDicteD  +   738d ago
that's a sweet deal! now I'm tempted to buy one!

Edit: anyone knows how many GB do the Gow:origins need???
#6 (Edited 738d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Jek_Porkins  +   738d ago
Wonder if the sales were off a bit for Ascension? Usually get deals like this when a retailer ordered too many copies of a game.
thawind  +   738d ago
Im getting this shit 2day hold on gamestop.com Im coming
Heisenburger  +   737d ago
**ATTENTION EVERYONE**

You must add both games to your cart to receive them. Meaning if you just purchase Ascension you WILL NOT receive the GOW Saga!

I luckily caught it, cancelled my order, and then did it the correct way.

All you have to do is go to the PS3 section. At the top should be Bioshock(or some other upcoming game) use the arrow to scroll until you see an advertisement for Ascension.

Click on it.

It will bring you to a page where you'll see Ascension for $59. DO NO CLICK IT!!

Instead click the banner directly above it. It will say on the banner: Click here to add both items.

THEN check out as normal.
thawind  +   737d ago
@Heisenburger Thanks for looking out.:)
TheFallenAngel  +   738d ago
Although the story on ascension is weak its a very enjoyable game. Ghost of Sparta should of been the prequel for the ps3. Chains of Olympus is very good also. GoW 1-3 excellent games.
nevin1  +   738d ago
online only sucks though.
dbjj12088  +   738d ago
Wow, anyone looking to get into God of War should certainly go this route.
ginsunuva  +   738d ago
hooooly kratos
Heavenly King  +   738d ago
Amazing offer!! I would buy that, but I already own them XD
EffectO  +   738d ago
GOW:A bomba.

Just a small warning to potential buyers,

Everyone be aware that both Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta are not on disc and are PSN codes vouchers.
PSN codes also will expire on March 31st, 2013.
Silly gameAr  +   738d ago
Oh, so this means GOW:A was a "bomba" huh? I just thought it was a good deal to get the newbies into the series, but what do I know.
EffectO  +   737d ago
It's not a good deal,it's an amazing deal.Buying separately requires $100.Six games for $60 and one of them is just a week old,this is probably one of the greatest deals ever.

Maybe Amazon price matches,that would be nice.
#14.1.1 (Edited 737d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(1) | Report
BoNeSaW23  +   737d ago
Read your comment and then ran and grabbed my voucher out of my GOW Saga and you are right. I now have the Origins Collection DL as I type this!

Thanks for the reminder dude!
#14.2 (Edited 737d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Roper316  +   738d ago
that is 1 great deal, reminds me of the Orange Box Valve put out, great bunch of games @ a great price. You just can't go wrong if you buy this.
LessThan2Tflops  +   738d ago
God of War Saga was $15 on Black Friday though
Heavenly King  +   737d ago
and now they are giving it for free with Ascension.
Lockon  +   738d ago
Oh well. I'm buying it now. Thats like 4 games for 60 dollars?
XIIIWARRIOR41  +   737d ago
More like 6 games my friend.
Lockon  +   737d ago
EVEN BETTER. Just bought. I've only played Gow of war 3 and chains of Olympus so im inf or a treat!
Heavenly King  +   737d ago
6 games for $60.

GOW: Ascension
GOW I
GOW II
GOW III
GOW: Ghost of Sparta
GOW: Chains of Olympus
TheUndertaker85  +   737d ago
Deal extends to the Collectors Edition too. Awesome deal all around.

#18 (Edited 737d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Simco876   737d ago | Bad language | show
BLAKHOODe  +   737d ago
Well f***! I bought Day 1 and missed out. I already have all the GOW games, but still.. it's ridiculous that it's such a gamble anymore on when and where to buy a video game. I have The Last Of Us pre-ordered, too.. should I pick it up Day 1 also or are they going to include the Uncharted trilogy as a bonus a week later???
detroitmademe  +   737d ago
so can i play the psp games on the ps3?
xursz  +   737d ago
Yeah, Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta are in the saga pack.
Heisenburger  +   737d ago
*ATTENTION EVERYONE*

I luckily caught it, cancelled my order, and then did it the correct way.

Click on it.

THEN check out as normal.
axerated  +   737d ago
What a deal! I've ordered it from the U.S but does anyone know if the DL codes will work in the Uk? Or do I have to make another account?

Bloodborne secrets - Source Of The Dream silver achievement, Doll Clothes Armor Set

15m ago - Secret sub-zone in Cathedral Ward/Healing Church Workshop area hides Bloodborne silver trophy cal... | PS4

Game of Thrones: Episode 3 - The Sword in the Darkness (PlayStation 4) Review - Push Square

15m ago - Push Square: "Now that we've made it to the halfway point of Telltale's Game of Thrones series, i... | PS4

Do You Suffer From Open World Fatigue?

Now - The open-world format has become prevalent, is it too much? | Promoted post

Some Pros And Cons Of Making Videos On The Xbox One

33m ago - IM PLAYIN discuss some of the pros and cons of making videos on the Xbox One. "When the Xbox O... | Xbox One

Joe Leonard on EverQuest Inspired RPG Nevergrind

39m ago - Greg Micek writes: "EverQuest is one of those games that simply refuses to die. Sure, there may... | PC

Amazon Italy reveals release date for FIFA 16?

45m ago - VG247.it: "Amazon Italy is "well known" to reveal lots of release dates. Sometimes they are wrong... | PC