Submitted by doctorstrange 773d ago | news

GameStop Site: Buy God of War: Ascension, get the God of War Saga Free

If, for some reason, you’ve held off on buying God of War: Ascension until now, GameStop has a really good offer to hopefully convince you.
-PSLS (God of War Saga, God of War: Ascension, PS3)

Alternative Sources
doctorstrange  +   773d ago
Wait, so that's 6 games for $60? Dang
TrendyGamers  +   773d ago
Very dang, great deal for anyone who waited.
xHeavYx  +   773d ago
That's an amazing deal for everyone. I've played all the GOW games and still bought the GOW saga. There is no excuse for people who didn't play the series now
aDDicteD  +   773d ago
i feel sad for those who purchased it day 1. but who could ever predict that weeks later there will be a deal like this one.
TrendyGamers  +   773d ago
@aDDicteD

It's been 8 days.
KwietStorm  +   773d ago
@aDDicted

You feel sad? Lol for what? I've had the whole series for years.
LOGICWINS  +   773d ago
@Heavy- Unless they don't like hack n slash games?

I'll be picking this up. This deal wont last :)
OlgerO  +   773d ago
I never played any God of War games, since I was not really that interested in it, but after this I dont have any excuse not to buy it
TechnicianTed  +   773d ago
That's great for any gamer that somehow hasn't played a GoW game since it launched, all those years ago.
#1.2 (Edited 773d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
ftwrthtx  +   773d ago
Good deal
LOL_WUT  +   773d ago
Not a bad offer
Blank  +   773d ago
Great bargain
HarryMasonHerpderp  +   773d ago
UK customers get to pay £50/$75 for the standard edition on Gamestop and no extra games.....awesome -_-
Ah well enjoy the deal my American friends!
#3 (Edited 773d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Murad  +   773d ago
You guys get the better collector editions, like the Deus Ex Human Revolution that actually came with a figurine. So enjoy your deals my European friend.
da_2pacalypse  +   773d ago
No deal in Canada :(
TrendyGamers  +   773d ago
Yeah, I checked EB Games and was disappointed it isn't offered as well.
JaredH  +   773d ago
Ebgames and almost every other retail store in Canada release their online and weekly deals on fridays through flyers. You can see them online on their websites then.

We'll see on Friday if Canada gets a deal like this.
#4.1.1 (Edited 773d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report
Heisenburger  +   773d ago
I'm all over this. I was going to wait for a price drop, but this deal is insane.

Insane in the membrane.
TrendyGamers  +   773d ago
Good choice!
#5.1 (Edited 773d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
aDDicteD  +   773d ago
that's a sweet deal! now I'm tempted to buy one!

Edit: anyone knows how many GB do the Gow:origins need???
#6 (Edited 773d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Jek_Porkins  +   773d ago
Wonder if the sales were off a bit for Ascension? Usually get deals like this when a retailer ordered too many copies of a game.
thawind  +   773d ago
Im getting this shit 2day hold on gamestop.com Im coming
Heisenburger  +   773d ago
**ATTENTION EVERYONE**

You must add both games to your cart to receive them. Meaning if you just purchase Ascension you WILL NOT receive the GOW Saga!

I luckily caught it, cancelled my order, and then did it the correct way.

All you have to do is go to the PS3 section. At the top should be Bioshock(or some other upcoming game) use the arrow to scroll until you see an advertisement for Ascension.

Click on it.

It will bring you to a page where you'll see Ascension for $59. DO NO CLICK IT!!

Instead click the banner directly above it. It will say on the banner: Click here to add both items.

THEN check out as normal.
thawind  +   773d ago
@Heisenburger Thanks for looking out.:)
TheFallenAngel  +   773d ago
Although the story on ascension is weak its a very enjoyable game. Ghost of Sparta should of been the prequel for the ps3. Chains of Olympus is very good also. GoW 1-3 excellent games.
nevin1  +   773d ago
online only sucks though.
dbjj12088  +   773d ago
Wow, anyone looking to get into God of War should certainly go this route.
ginsunuva  +   773d ago
hooooly kratos
Heavenly King  +   773d ago
Amazing offer!! I would buy that, but I already own them XD
EffectO  +   773d ago
GOW:A bomba.

Just a small warning to potential buyers,

Everyone be aware that both Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta are not on disc and are PSN codes vouchers.
PSN codes also will expire on March 31st, 2013.
Silly gameAr  +   773d ago
Oh, so this means GOW:A was a "bomba" huh? I just thought it was a good deal to get the newbies into the series, but what do I know.
EffectO  +   773d ago
It's not a good deal,it's an amazing deal.Buying separately requires $100.Six games for $60 and one of them is just a week old,this is probably one of the greatest deals ever.

Maybe Amazon price matches,that would be nice.
#14.1.1 (Edited 773d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(1) | Report
BoNeSaW23  +   773d ago
Read your comment and then ran and grabbed my voucher out of my GOW Saga and you are right. I now have the Origins Collection DL as I type this!

Thanks for the reminder dude!
#14.2 (Edited 773d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Roper316  +   773d ago
that is 1 great deal, reminds me of the Orange Box Valve put out, great bunch of games @ a great price. You just can't go wrong if you buy this.
LessThan2Tflops  +   773d ago
God of War Saga was $15 on Black Friday though
Heavenly King  +   773d ago
and now they are giving it for free with Ascension.
Lockon  +   773d ago
Oh well. I'm buying it now. Thats like 4 games for 60 dollars?
XIIIWARRIOR41  +   773d ago
More like 6 games my friend.
Lockon  +   773d ago
EVEN BETTER. Just bought. I've only played Gow of war 3 and chains of Olympus so im inf or a treat!
Heavenly King  +   773d ago
6 games for $60.

GOW: Ascension
GOW I
GOW II
GOW III
GOW: Ghost of Sparta
GOW: Chains of Olympus
TheUndertaker85  +   773d ago
Deal extends to the Collectors Edition too. Awesome deal all around.

#18 (Edited 773d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Simco876   773d ago | Bad language | show
BLAKHOODe  +   773d ago
Well f***! I bought Day 1 and missed out. I already have all the GOW games, but still.. it's ridiculous that it's such a gamble anymore on when and where to buy a video game. I have The Last Of Us pre-ordered, too.. should I pick it up Day 1 also or are they going to include the Uncharted trilogy as a bonus a week later???
detroitmademe  +   773d ago
so can i play the psp games on the ps3?
xursz  +   773d ago
Yeah, Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta are in the saga pack.
Heisenburger  +   773d ago
*ATTENTION EVERYONE*

I luckily caught it, cancelled my order, and then did it the correct way.

Click on it.

THEN check out as normal.
axerated  +   773d ago
What a deal! I've ordered it from the U.S but does anyone know if the DL codes will work in the Uk? Or do I have to make another account?

Sony removed a suicide option from Project Morpheus’s Heist because it was “too stressful”

8m ago - Sony’s much-touted virtual reality headset, Project Morpheus, has been doing the rounds as of lat... | PS4

It's Been 13 Years Since the Burnout Series Crashed onto Xbox Consoles

8m ago - Purexbox: For this installment of On This Day, we're looking back on the original Burnout, which... | Xbox

Make the World / Break the World

Now - Myriad is a twin-stick shooter that grows more beautiful the better you play. Give us your vote on Steam Greenlight! | Promoted post

6 Hollywood Stars Who Thought Live-Action Games Were a Good Idea

2h ago - Outside Xbox: When developers were first given CD-ROMs to play with back in the 90s, they decide... | PC

Mods4SaleGate: How Good Intentions Divided the Steam Community

2h ago - Valve had the best of intentions. With staff who actually ended up working for the company by mak... | PC

STEAM SALE: Epic Star Wars Gaming Bundle, Just in Time for May the 4th

2h ago - What better way to spend May the 4th than with these 14 epic Star Wars games? For the low, low pr... | PC