Try our new beta! Click here
Submitted by zaminoda 984d ago | news

6-Year-Old Boy Spent His Father’s 8-Year World of Warcraft Savings on Pets

The father wrote that his 6-year-old son spent his 8-year savings in Wolrd of Warcraft which is more than 476,000 gold in just one minute. He felt very upset and decided to be "away from the keyboard forever". According to the father, the tragedy occurred when he was using the bathroom... (PC, World of Warcraft)

MASTER_RAIDEN  +   986d ago
Growing up, my dad was dead-set on a NO PETS ALLOWED policy in our casa. one day out of the blue he bought me a small tank of fishes at they were selling at walgreens for about 16 smackers. So of course, the second we got outside i somehow managed to accidentally dropped the stupid tank, and it shattered all across the sidewalk. In all my dads quiet disappointment, he left me outside for about a second while i bawled my eyes out before he came out with an equally bad ass fish tank.

I feel like this situation is a lot like that.
redDevil87  +   984d ago
I read your story and i suddenly have these feels.
Septic  +   984d ago
LMAO!!! Mate I'm in tears......your comment....ah...."suddenl y have these feels".

Loooool who says that?! Lol....+ 1 quadrillion funny bubbles for you sir, you legend amongst men.
SPAM-FRITTER-123   984d ago | Offensive
CalvinKlein  +   984d ago
you should have at least aksed for a hamster
jeeves86  +   984d ago

did you at least save the fish?
InTheLab  +   984d ago
I remember saving up about 1800g farming herbs in vanilla wow only to have Blizzard make my gold and herb supply worthless with The Burning Crusade. At that point, I decided to play casually and what do you know, the game got fun again.
Captain Qwark 9  +   984d ago
no offense but that seems like a massive waste of time lol and judging from your last statement, you see that now too
rezzah  +   984d ago
Anything can seem like a giant waste of time unless you find meaning within it.
KillrateOmega  +   984d ago
8 years worth?

I know the kid is only 6, but damn, dick move. Lol.
#3 (Edited 984d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
mi_titan27  +   984d ago
just imagine if he spent even just half that time raising his kid instead of farming for gold, that kid probably wouldnt of done
KillrateOmega  +   984d ago
Poor guy could have saved himself so much frustration. That's 8 years of effort right down the drain.

At least he'll be spending more time with his kid now (like he should)...that is, unless he's still too butthurt about what happened XD
#3.1.1 (Edited 984d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
Septic  +   984d ago
How long did the dad spend on the toilet?! Either the dad pulled off a Randy Marsh and just shat Bonno out or that kid has super fingers.
Kran  +   984d ago
The child was born just as the father had so many ambitions... in world of warcraft.

And look where it got him. /sadface
KillrateOmega  +   984d ago
His hopes and WoW...have been thoroughly crushed.

He'll have his revenge though. When that kid hits 16 and asks his dad if he can borrow the car, he'll have his revenge...
#3.3.1 (Edited 984d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(0) | Report
Kran  +   984d ago

coolmast3r  +   984d ago
I don't get people playing these MMORPG's.
koehler83  +   984d ago
I'm sure that's just one group in a long list of people you don't get.
Moncole  +   984d ago
Thats why you shouldn't have kids.
rezzah  +   984d ago
Out of curiosity.

What are some reasons why people should have kids?

Then you should rephrase your words to "This is why I don't want kids". Because you are telling others that they shouldn't have kids. There is a difference, it's like "then" and "than".
#5.1 (Edited 984d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Moncole  +   984d ago
If people want kids they I dont care if they have or not but I dont want kids.
Gildarts  +   984d ago
How old are you?
#5.2 (Edited 984d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Moncole  +   984d ago
GreenRanger  +   984d ago
He should have went "away from the keyboard forever" six years ago, when his son was born.
#6 (Edited 984d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
IRetrouk  +   984d ago
You can still find time to game when you have kids, just got to fit it round them thats all, you dont get anywhere near as much time but it is possible.
jeeves86  +   984d ago
That's kind of an ignorant comment to make. Like iRetrouk said, you can still find time to do the things you love, so long as you're making time for your other priorities in life.
rezzah  +   984d ago
I would be very angry. Yet at the same time I wound not spend 8 years collecting money that wasn't real; even 8 years for one game is too much for me.

The equivalent for me is losing my game saves to unfinished games.
PraxxtorCruel  +   984d ago
All these "he should've quit gaming when his son was born" comments. I'd like to know are you all going to quit gaming when your first child is born? At least he had the decency to behave like a decent human being than some of these nuts that chuck their babies out the window or strangle them 'Homer' style.
#8 (Edited 984d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
RE_L_MAYER  +   984d ago
It would be like oversaving my 300hour skyrim character in new game-or selling all my cars in gran turismo....what did you think would happen if you let him play world of warcraft-its your damn fault
andreasx  +   984d ago
Nice to know that he didn't go all homer style on his son
chukamachine  +   984d ago
That's why you shouldn't take WOW seriously.

It's a silly game. Just like all the others. It's meant to be fun.
tarbis  +   984d ago
Is earning that much gold in WoW really hard? Haven't played the game but, is WoW really that cheap in giving out gold?
BonhamZ0S0  +   984d ago
I don't fuck with world of warcraft, but if I did and that was my kid...oh boy I would give him a whooping of a lifetime...and probably walk out of his life for good measure.
g2gshow  +   984d ago
you all missed it the worst part of it is that he taught his kid how to play wow that's sad a 6 year old kid siting down with a mouse an keyboard for how ever long it took to spend that money no think where his kid life is headed what happen to the park the fact that he even understand wow in it self at 6-18 is a tragedy come on guys. those momrpgs games like his farther should already know are never ending his farther is an "adult" 8 years of his life is his choice but imagine loosing 8 years of your child hood siting at a desk cause thats what your papa thought you. if i could get my hands on some plp
#14 (Edited 984d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
SatanSki  +   984d ago
Your mumbling is unreadable
g2gshow  +   983d ago
i agree it is a bit jumbled but guess what you don't have to read it you should thank me for saving your life...... lol

Fallout Series Callbacks and Connections

4m ago - Fallout 4 includes a number of great call-backs and connections to previous Fallout games. The Co... | PC

Winged Cloud Partners With MangaGamer, Announces New Visual Novels

5m ago - Winged Cloud is looking to explore a new direction with its next lot of visual novels. | PC

HotLiked - What the Internet is talking about right now

Now - Kill some time at You will regret it... | Promoted post

How Many Classes Should an MMO Have?

40m ago - Most online games use their various classes in an attempt to differentiate themselves from other... | Industry

This 'Resident Evil' Cosplay Gets Five S.T.A.R.S. -

1h ago - This 'Resident Evil' Cosplay Gets Five S.T.A.R.S. | Resident Evil

Life is Feudal: Your Own Review (GameWatcher)

1h ago - From GameWatcher: "During the beginning of my time with Life is Feudal, it took me through a tuto... | PC