Submitted by Valay 500d ago | news

New Phantom Pain trailer planned for GDC 2013, “will answer all of your questions”, new images

GE: "Moby Dick Studio "CEO" Joakim Mogren just wrapped up his interview on GameTrailers TV." (Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One)

Alternative Sources
BigStef71  +   500d ago
That was such an awkward conversation lmao
Godchild1020  +   500d ago
The man's (CEO of Moby Dick Studios) reaction, when Geoff asked about the Fox engine logo on the images was priceless.
#1.1 (Edited 500d ago ) | Agree(28) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
classic200  +   500d ago
I watched it and I must say it was hilarious, I was about to get mad because I felt like I was going to be trolled hard by kojima but I enjoyed the comical value of this interview so I will wait until GDC.
Ezio2048  +   500d ago
I really hope it turns out to be MGS 5. I doubt the possibility though. Lets wait till GDC 2013. I have immense hope for this game!!
Nimblest-Assassin  +   500d ago
A joke made by Bossman at gametrailers made my day.

What if the phantom pain is really the last guardian.

Anyways... them being at GDC is a 65% chance Kojima will finally announce this is a metal gear game

39% we will get trolled again

and 1% this has nothing to do with Kojima
trenso1  +   500d ago
That's 105% at least make random numbers that add correctly
spongeboob  +   499d ago
It's totally a Kojima game. This guys name looks to be an anagram.

Joakim = Kojima
Mogren = ?
ichimaru  +   500d ago
well unfortunately bigstef, I cannot confirm that
Batzi  +   500d ago
Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain are one. There is no speaker/presenter listed as Joakim Mogren on the GDC website. Hideo Kojima will be showing off Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain...the game might be called "Metal Gear Solid 5".
Vandamme21  +   500d ago
No dude..they two games..ground zeroes is a prologue to the phantom pain aka mgs5.
Batzi  +   500d ago
So you are telling me that at GDC, Kojima will show 2 different games?
Kanzes  +   500d ago
Phantom Pain is a Big Boss's dream when the Les Enfant Terribles happened (when he's in a deep coma). It all make sense because of all the absurd things like unicorn, whale, and BB's lost arm.

Phantom Pain is the prologue to the Ground Zeroes.
classic200  +   500d ago
Phantom pain does not graphically look the same as ground zero. Take a good look with both games on youtube side by side and you will realize the graphical style is not the 100% the same regardless of both using fox engine.
#2.2 (Edited 500d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
nypifisel  +   500d ago
Cause GZ is for current gen and PP is for next-gen :>
Unicron  +   500d ago
Actually if you check some comparisons, you can see the same exact textures used for the soldiers featured in GZ's camp and Phantom Pain's scenes - http://mediacdn.disqus.com/...

They're the same game.
DOMination-  +   500d ago
If anything TPP looks a lot worse than GZ imo.
Liquid_Ocelot  +   500d ago
You lost me as soon as you mentioned YouTube v_v
CaptainYesterday  +   500d ago
Damn I got all hyped for that "interview" it was like 30 seconds long with no new information revealed :(
Batzi  +   500d ago
dude 11 days from now you will be getting Ground Zeroes & The Phantom Pain trailers with more information too. 11 days.
KingKelloggTheWH  +   500d ago
That guys 'accent' was terrible,it came and left randomly.
Game4life  +   500d ago
Tell that to clifford B.
Jek_Porkins  +   500d ago
waste of time.... they always hype stuff and let everyone down.
cloud495  +   500d ago
GDC is gonna be huge this year.
Soldierone  +   500d ago
Still going to stick by Phantom Pain being the Vita version of MGS5. After watching Killzone gameplay, all the "it can't ever look that good" people are wrong.
TheModernKamikaze  +   500d ago
I'll be remembering your comment.. :P
Liquid_Ocelot  +   500d ago
My feelings as well, even though it'd be nice if they were the same game.
Root  +   500d ago
Havent watched it yet but did he sound or act like Cliffy B
RyuX19  +   499d ago
mandf  +   500d ago
It reminds me of Manhunt.
classic200  +   500d ago
Except your being hunted
WeAreLegion  +   500d ago
Oh, I assure you...there was a lot of "being hunted" in Manhunt.

Related image(s)
mandf  +   499d ago
Manhunt was highly underrated/underplayed. Manhunt in its day was a gen changing game.
r21  +   500d ago
Anyone got YT links of this interview?
reddeadite  +   500d ago
Here you go!

Related video
r21  +   500d ago
black911  +   500d ago
Which Platforms?
ichimaru  +   499d ago
game trailers has it listed for 360-ps3, SO I'd expect next gen
pissed999   500d ago | Trolling | show
Raiz  +   500d ago
Phantom Pain is MGS 5 right ? and it's coming to the next-gen consoles? and MSG Ground Zero is a prequel to it, AND coming to PS3? sorry for trend of questions
Braid  +   500d ago
Could be. Another possibility is that those are actually same games, but that option is kind of ruled out as there's a hidden "Metal Gear Solid V" written above the Phantom Pain logo as seen in the trailer. Some people believe that V actually refers to Vita, as Kojima has never used Roman numerals for MGS titles so far, which means that Metal Gear Solid Phantom Pain can be a seperate game designed for Vita. We'll have to wait for GDC to find out.
WitWolfy  +   500d ago
PP = MGS 5!! PERIOD! GZ is current gen, MGS 5 is PS4. Now that game alone will sell consoles, I bet my bottom dollar!
#14 (Edited 500d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
Felonycarclub8  +   500d ago
Can't wait for GDC to give us a little energy to hold us till E3 where all kinds of shi? Is going to happen. I can't wait to see the PS4s console so se can finally stop those articles about Sony not showing the console. Lol
redmon89  +   499d ago
I posted this on other page but I dont know where it is THE PHANTOM PAIN JOAKIM MOGREN MOBY DICK's test video

Looks like a vita game
#16 (Edited 499d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Braid  +   499d ago
Couldn't find the video on Moby Dick's website, that's possibly not real.
#16.1 (Edited 499d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
nypifisel  +   499d ago
Just some insight for you from someone who's actually Swedish. That's NOT a Swedish accent, it's made up and sounds more like Norwegian if anything. Also the editing and the nature of the interview tells us that GT was in on it. I'm pretty sure all of it is staged. The bandages was obviously there to make whoever that is unrecognisable, that doesn't mean he need to be famous but just that he's not supposed to be found.

Also it would make no sense to announce GZ and this mystery game PP for PP to later be GZ, there's no mystery when we already know so much about GZ, so what's the point? PP is its own game, most likely MGS5.
#17 (Edited 499d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
dudeOplenty  +   499d ago
The Phantom Pain is really just a boss from MGS5 that throws gasoline laced with LSD at you, sets you on fire, and then laughs as you freak out from hallucinating giant flaming whales.
TuxedoMoon  +   499d ago
The interview was entertaining. Kojima knows how to troll people very well, but in a good way.
MasterCornholio  +   499d ago
Im really confused here.

Metal Gear Solid is a game for current gen systems which means XBOX360, PS3, PC and Wii U while Phatom Pain is for next gen systems (systems vastly more powerful than the 360, PS3 and Wii U) which means for the PS4 and the 720 plus PC.

Since both games are made with the same engine wouldnt it be easier to just release the 2 for next gen systems? Or if not at least make Ground Zeroes available for both while Phantom Pain is only for the PS4 and the 720.
#20 (Edited 499d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
matrixman92  +   499d ago
if only there was an exclamation mark above the mans head when he reacts to the Fox Engine logo being seen.
yweosdf   499d ago | Spam
HorrorGod  +   499d ago
Whether or not "Phantom Pain" and "Ground Zeros" are 2 different games is yet to be officially announced (I believe they are.) Though, I'm sure we'll get the answers in a little over a week.

In my opinion, I think both are next-gen. (PS4/XBOX 720)
Last year when Kojima showed off GZ and said it was running on PS3/360 hardware, I called bullsh!t. He obviously couldn't say it was "next gen" when neither Sony or Microsoft had officially announced consoles yet.

I personally don't believe we will see "The Phantom Pain" or "Ground Zeros" on PS3/360.
fdhger   499d ago | Spam
R_aVe_N  +   499d ago
Kojima is a funny man
#25 (Edited 499d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply

The Last of Us: Remastered Review | ENE3

4m ago - ENE3: "Despite the time that has passed, re-play Last of Us was as if it was the first time I was... | PS4

One Piece Unlimited World Red Review - Duuro Magazine

5m ago - Duuro says: "One Piece Unlimited World Red is a beautiful game with a cool and interesting story... | PS3

Mobile brawler Marvel Contest of Champions to hit this fall

30m ago - Marvel Contest of Champions, a brand new Marvel Comics-based mobile brawler developed mobile game... | PC

Tiny Tower Vegas Soft-Launched On The Canadian App Store

40m ago - Tiny Tower Vegas has been soft-launched on the Canadian App Store. | iPhone

Looking for a great Pokemon Community?

Now - Look no further. Join us at the BulbaGarden Forums, the best community for everything Pokemon | Promoted post

Gods Will Be Watching Gets Hammered By Gamers For Lack Of Consequences

40m ago - One Angry Gamer "The recent release of the point-and-click adventure game Gods Will Be Watching h... | PC