Submitted by Menashe 400d ago | opinion piece

Wii U is Doomed? 70+ Upcoming Wii U Games We’re Excited For

Nintendo Enthusiast:

Don't pay too much attention to the doom and gloom talk around the internet about the Wii U. The Wii U has a bright future and we're about to prove it. (Wii U)

gokuking  +   400d ago
When you start listing games we know literally nothing about that's an indication that you should maybe stop listing games. Of course, this list gets to that point on the first page ...

Edit: Actually, is this satire? This image for Shinen's racing game ( http://nintendoenthusiast.c... ) is from WipEout HD: Fury on PS3/Vita: http://i32.tinypic.com/2hs4...

You can even see the Icarus branding, which again is a racing team in WipEout ... WipEout is a Sony owned franchise, that's never happening on a Nintendo console.
#1 (Edited 400d ago ) | Agree(42) | Disagree(16) | Report | Reply
stragomccloud  +   400d ago
Agreed. Just list 5 and be done with it!
SilentNegotiator  +   400d ago
Literally the only thing I've seen posted from NintendoEnthusiast is downplay and damage control.

A fanboy site like that is going to list if a developer sneezes in the general direction of their system.
#1.2 (Edited 400d ago ) | Agree(15) | Disagree(11) | Report | Reply
PopRocks359  +   400d ago
Well, I suppose that's better than outright insults and misinformation, don't you think?

I'm not saying their list is completely sound, but I don't see what's so awful about them listing rumored and potential games that could come to the system.

Besides, I think it's pretty clear that the other end of the spectrum is not exactly fair either.

EDIT: Lovin' the phantom disagree. Let me guess, couldn't think of a clever enough insult?
#1.2.1 (Edited 400d ago ) | Agree(15) | Disagree(16) | Report
SilentNegotiator  +   400d ago
Damage control is damage control. And when it's all your site does, it takes away the sincerity.

And no, I don't think flimsy lists with fanboy agendas are "better" than doom articles.
#1.2.2 (Edited 400d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(6) | Report
khowat  +   400d ago
Well should nintendoenthusiast.com do then? Can you fucking explain to me what the fuck else they would do, should they start talking about how the wii u is shit and will ultimately fail. "I'm just saying they should probably just stop downplaying all the faults of the wii u and just accept them" might be what you're about to in reply or in a PM
PopRocks359  +   400d ago
@SilentNegotiator

Okay, so you would prefer every article on N4G predicting doom to the PS4 as oppose to a site saying how the PS4 has the greatest launch lineup ever because Watch Dogs happens to be on it?

I highly doubt that.
#1.2.4 (Edited 400d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(8) | Report
SilentNegotiator  +   399d ago
My preference of doom articles to flimsy lists only exists in your silly implications.

I merely said that flimsy lists are not "better"
ZombieNinjaPanda  +   399d ago
What about all the flimsy lists used all the time for other products? Last I checked we know nothing about what (for example) Guerrilla Games is doing with their next project. But EVERYONE always lists it somehow showing off. Stop being a hypocrite Silent. Even if you don't personally do it, acknowledging one but ignoring the other makes you a hypocrite.
SilentNegotiator  +   399d ago
"Stop being a hypocrite Silent. Even if you don't personally do it, acknowledging one but ignoring the other makes you a hypocrite"

Learn the definition of hypocrisy before accusing people of it.

I don't "ignore" articles over others. When I saw the poster of this article, of which constantly writes nothing but damage control, I brought it up.

When a site with the same reputation as the stinky NintendoEnthusiast rears its head for Xbox/Playstation/etc, I'll be there too. But as of now, I don't see many to any other sites that exist only for damage control the way they do.
#1.2.7 (Edited 399d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(5) | Report
SilentNegotiator  +   399d ago

Here's another one worth ragging on. Dark Souls 2 this month? lol
NastyDaddeh  +   400d ago
What is up with all these wii u doom articles? we all know what will happen to the wii u as soon as that smash bros. or zelda releases.
animegamingnerd  +   400d ago
welcome to N4G where BS doom and gloom articles get more attention then actual news
DA_SHREDDER  +   400d ago
Why you guys hating? Even if the list is made up, I see yall are wanting to promote the nintendo hate, but I see through all of you. I bet none of you even own a WiiU, let alone even played a Nintendo game. Probably too broke to buy one or saving up for the ps4. If that's not the case, shame on you. All of you should be ashamed to call yourselves gamers!
#1.4 (Edited 400d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(9) | Report | Reply
gokuking  +   400d ago
At no point do I promote "Nintendo hate" in that post. If it was for Vita/PS4/720/3DS, I'd say it's probably not a good idea to list games we know nothing about too.
WiiUsauce  +   399d ago
it's pretty much what the game will look like except with different racing mechanics on Wii U. the game is a sequel to this game http://fast.shinen.com/wall... that was originally on Wii.
Thepcz  +   399d ago
shows how much you know, wipeout was on the n64!
scissor_runner  +   399d ago
Really great article. I could use an advance wars or bwiii u on the wiiu.

The indies are going pretty hard on this system it seems. E3 should be fun.
I know I'd buy a vanquish before bayanetta though. Just beat shin'n shooter and bring on an F zero clone damn it! Track mania would be sweet too.

We will see what happens with these games though.
MYSTERIO360  +   399d ago
Im thinking of buying a Wii u but im not sure as i hear there's no games on it. Is it best to wait until the summer to get a Wii U?
Dgander  +   399d ago
No games on it? Anyone that claims there are no games on the Wii U are either haters, not interested in the 40+ launch games because they forced themselves not to be or just plain retarded. Wii U has the best versions of COD, Assasins Creed, ME3 and probably Need for Speed and everyone pretends to ignore it. This site is biased and retarded. People complained about the Wii not having third party games but also complained that the Wii U now has it. I have observed idiots here bash the Wii U getting old ports yet get excited for Diablo on PS4 (Old PC port)
majiebeast  +   400d ago
They really just listed everything possible super luigi U dlc is now apparently a new game. The list is pathetic 70% is just speculation and wishing with no evidence of it ever coming to the platform.
#2 (Edited 400d ago ) | Agree(27) | Disagree(20) | Report | Reply
lilbroRx  +   400d ago
Your claim is the only thing unfounded here and lacking evidence.

80% of that list are games confirmed for development on the Wii U. I would call 20% being speculation stretching it.

Also, Super Luigi is a complete remake of every level from beginning to end, so it a new game in the way that Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare was a new game.
#2.1 (Edited 400d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(29) | Report | Reply
Kamikaze135  +   400d ago
Super Luigi, as expansive as it is, it's just DLC....and DLC does not count as an entire game.
gokuking  +   400d ago
No one counted Undead Nightmare as a separate game.
Dj7FairyTail  +   400d ago
then why don't you post which one is speculation.

I see a lot of Sony Fans
speculating
FF vs XIII for PS4
Kingdom Heart 3 for PS4
Joegrine20  +   400d ago
Super Luigi U is DLC yes. But Nintendo said the game is almost like a whole game. so yes we can view it as a new game. sir
khowat  +   400d ago
If this was 70+ ps4 games we are looking forward too

People wouldn't be bitching as much
JamieL  +   399d ago
without a doubt.
CouldHaveYelledUiiW  +   400d ago
Big ups to the Author... wait the poster is the writer?

Well Big-ups to MENASHE,
I'd forgotten about some of the game stories you included.

I will definitely save this to my favorites.
"Excellent" and "Yes" Vote.
Old McGroin  +   400d ago
Great article, something positive for Wii U owners for a change!
MikeMyers  +   400d ago
I'm not sure why the media is so quick to write doom and gloom articles. The Wii U just came out a few months ago. We seen the same thing happen with the Playstation Vita. We should give most systems at least 2 years before we really start writing them off.

Once we see a real 3D Mario game on the Wii U expect the whole world to notice.
syphon32  +   400d ago
Because for a next gen console, the release should've been a lot stronger. They should've had some system selling games for one.
MikeMyers  +   399d ago
They will have some system sellers, that's really the point here. Once they do i expect Wii U sales to pick up.
NobodyImportant  +   399d ago
I wouldn't necessarily call that article positive.
By clutching at rumours and padding out the article with a load of mini game filler then it makes nintendo enthusiast come off as desperate.

Stick with the big guns.
Proper 3D mario, Proper Zelda (not a remake that every nintendo fan worth their salt has already played through twice.) Bayonetta 2, Rayman and X.
Maybe Smash brothers for those that like that sort of thing.
And maybe the next rubberbanding Mario Kart for the casuals (although it's a shadow of it's older self. RIP Super Mario Kart)
TongkatAli  +   400d ago
I want Pikmin 3 and Windwaker HD the most.

Edit: Pikmin 3 graphics is SICK! and idc that it isn't PS4 graphics.

Art style > Raw graphics.
#5 (Edited 400d ago ) | Agree(10) | Disagree(10) | Report | Reply
lilbroRx  +   400d ago
The most amazing thing about it is that the textures have supposedly not been changed from the original Wii version. There just rendered in HD now. Imagine what a Pikmin 4 that is built from the ground up for the Wii U will look like?
#5.1 (Edited 400d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
Godmars290  +   400d ago
I'm waiting for the Xeno game, but the thing is I'm waiting for the Xeno game. Have to worry about it not only being announced and released, but likely brought over to the US. And if Xenosword is any example its going to be a long wait.
Dj7FairyTail  +   400d ago
Maybe you weren't thinking straight during the Nintendo Direct.

The game was announce during US Nintendo Direct.
It coming to the US. It on Nintendo of America US YouTube and Facebook.
#6.1 (Edited 400d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
Godmars290  +   400d ago
And if you haven't noticed, much less what to admit it - and I have to say this - Nintendo's word hasn't exactly been consistent. They've changed their mind on things. Xenoblade, Pandora's Tower and Last Story all had to be brought over through excessive fan effort. With Nintendo petty much loosing their sh*t over WiiU sales, not admitting to such, it could happen again.
Trago1337  +   400d ago
Man, I REALLY want to know what Retro's working on, Especially considering that they recently hired some ex Naughty Dog, Vigil, and Crytek developers, it just makes you wonder lol.

I hope it's Metroid Prime 4.
Dj7FairyTail  +   400d ago
It a game everyone want them to make.
What game is that.
Metroid Prime 4
why
They hired
Naughty Dog, Vigil Games, Bungie and many others developers.
Moncole  +   400d ago
Lots of great games for Wii U owners and when some of these games release the Wii U will sell more.
TongkatAli  +   400d ago
Yup, its going to get a major boost in Japan like the Vita got when Boobie anime girl hack and slash, Phantasy Star Online 2 and Soul Sacrifice came out.
ylwzx3  +   400d ago
This article is a desperate attempt for someone to list these games because they are afraid the Wii U will be dying.
khowat  +   400d ago
Like only the wiiu will ever get such flak for doing nothing. People fucking post a list of games they're excited for and it turns into fucking damage control

The fuck is wrong with the people on this website

Somehow this article turned into a fucking argument

It's annoying to see a console get pissed on so HARD for fucking good news like what the literal fuck

New games

and people are bitching
truechainz  +   399d ago
That's cool, glad we aren't allowed to spectate about games anymore because it has to be desperation. This guy clearly made a mistake not just making another unnecessary Wii U doom article.
Lysander91  +   400d ago
This list is pretty pathetic. Aside from the usual Nintendo exclusives the only games to really get excited about are Bayonetta 2, The Wonderful 101, and X. By the time the WiiU has some must have games it may be too little too late.
Clarence  +   400d ago
The Wii U will really in trouble with a list like this. The only true system sellers are Zelda and Mario.

There is know way in hell it will be able to compete with PS4 and the new Xbox.
#11 (Edited 400d ago ) | Agree(10) | Disagree(10) | Report | Reply
_QQ_  +   400d ago
Know way in hell.
despair  +   399d ago
"know" what way in hell? I'm pretty familiar with the place so I can help you out.

OT: The list is severely lacking on killer games that are system movers, 90% of that list falls under the "most people will never care" section.
_QQ_  +   399d ago
read his comment before addressing my grammar.also I see at least 7 exclusive amazing games on the list that will release by the end of the year. Two are mario games which means the system sellers are definitely there. Thats not counting games we know are coming llike retro's game, the new Zelda, or announced games that probably won't come out this year like Bayonneta2 and Super Smash Bros.
scissor_runner  +   399d ago
Nope the wii party will sell like wii resort, there is nothing like it, wiiu fit will sell, sell will not be be much of a problem.

The bigger question is will the game industry be turned into the pc game industry.
kookie  +   400d ago
Wii U
See U
TechnicianTed  +   399d ago
Wow that's really clever. Did you think of that yourself?

You're so witty. Well done.
Amigaengine  +   400d ago
Devils Third for the win:)
kirbyu  +   400d ago
What person is going to play 8-Bit Boy? Who would choose that over the ACTUAL Super Mario Bros.
DivineAssault  +   400d ago
90% of those games can be cancelled if sales don't pick up
kirbyu  +   400d ago
How only 90%? Any game can get cancelled. Do you mean they can get cancelled and you wouldn't care?
DivineAssault  +   400d ago
well im only guesstimating but im sure the 1st party games will release no matter what.. gamecube didnt sell much but they still pumped out the in house games..

& in regards to me caring if they get cancelled, i actually dont.. I only have the system for 1st party games anyway so it wouldnt be a big deal to me.. I rarely buy 3rd party games on nintendo consoles.. There are gems here n there but most of the good ones dont stay exclusive.. RE4, viewtiful joe, no more heroes, RE Revelations, Rayman legends, etc
Theyellowflash30  +   399d ago
@DivineAssault

100% of your comment is speculation
Whymii  +   400d ago
To everyone commenting on the amount of games listed or whether they will be made, remind you that

It is easier to criticise than create.

Even if some, many or most of these games don't get made it doesn't alter the fact that the author put a lot of effort into the article. They believe in what they wrote and went to great lengths to support their point of view. I say "good on you" and thanks. Keep up the hard work.
pedroyamato  +   399d ago
Lets wait until E3 then we get to know more about wii u games, ps4 release and the new xbox!

[OFF TOPIC]

So many ppl complaing about these doomed articles and fanboys that are making n4g look worst day by day and I agree with them, n4g need to make some improvements to stop the fanboys that disagree and bubble down anyone that dont follow their stupid opinions and a good way to do that is, SHOW THEIR FACES! when you give someone the power to steal your bubble you need to make them actually take the responsibility for it.
Do like on the facebook, you like your name is there! You dislike it? be a man and show your face!
It became impossible to comment in some articles (mainly nintendo ones) cause if you say "wii u is ok", ppl will make sure you get 20 disagrees and also bubbled down for "trolling".

For the sake of this site success, some changes please.
Whymii  +   399d ago
I couldn't agree with you more. Rational discussion is rapidly disappearing from N4G. Buried under a barrage of fanboys trolling, anonymous bubble poppers and disagreers. Oh we'll, that's freedom of speech for you.
DonFreezer  +   399d ago
This article shows 70+ games(most likely 70) coming to the Wii U.It has nothing to do with your precious Sony ps3 fanboys.
Hicken  +   399d ago
But it DOES have to do with us gamers, and whether or not any of those games will make us WANT a Wii U.

And if the list is full of fluff and listing DLC as a game, then it's pretty freakin pathetic.
Whymii  +   399d ago
The article isn't titled "70 reasons why you must buy a wii u" so your premise of having a right to comment because it should make you want a wii u is false. It is simply an article from a pro-wii u website that is attempting to counter the claims that wii u is doomed because it has no software.

It doesn't state that the software has to be exclusives, only that the games had been listed to appear on the wii u. The author even doubts some of the software will appear and calls others vapourware. In my opinion (which is free and therefore worthless) the author has made a genuine attempt to list games that have been listed to appear on the wii u, although some will no doubt be cancelled.

You can call that fluff and pathetic, but it's worth a hundred times more than the posts trying to discredit it because they have made an honest attempt to validate what they wrote. What have 90% of the posters done? SFA!

@despair
Yes, being civil should be the basis to all posts and I agree with you 100%. But let me ask you, does having the right to do something mean that doing something is always right? A little restraint can go a long way.
#18.1.1 (Edited 399d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report
despair  +   399d ago
Also quite a bit of them are multiplatform. Also as Hicken said, its for gamers and we have a right to critique anything game related as long as we are civil about it (in my opinion).
DonFreezer  +   399d ago
As long as doing the same in an article for the ps4 gets you thousands of disagrees and losses you bubbles I don't think that you have the right(talking to ps fanboys of course not gamers in general).
MYSTERIO360  +   399d ago
Why does it have to be sony fanboys? can it possible be PC or xbox fanboys aswell
despair  +   399d ago
Stopped reading after Deus Ex HR. Thats about the real list for me of games I'm interested in on WiiU, sadly none of them or any combination of them is enough to convince me to buy the system either.
sknygy  +   399d ago
@Dgander
No games on it? Anyone that claims there are no games on the Wii U are either haters, not interested in the 40+ launch games because they forced themselves not to be or just plain retarded. Wii U has the best versions of COD, Assasins Creed, ME3 and probably Need for Speed and everyone pretends to ignore it. (Very true, there is a great amount of games out already! I agree everyone pretends to ignore it, and yes NFS and COD are definitely the best versions)

This site is biased and retarded. People complained about the Wii not having third party games but also complained that the Wii U now has it. I have observed idiots here bash the Wii U getting old ports yet get excited for Diablo on PS4 (Old PC port).

(I presume you mean N4G is biased and retarded. NintendoEnthuiast are clearly biased, but at the same time they never talk smack about any other format out there... how many n4g users can say the same??? It's well known this site is a troll-haven and I don't see why a couple of us open-minded individuals keep returning - are we masochists?)
BATRA  +   399d ago
HOPE THESE GAMES ARE COMING OUT TO THE WII U I WOULD BE VERY HAPPY LIKE LOST PLANET 3 AND DESTINY AND BATTALION WARS 3 I HEARD THAT STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT 3 IS COMING TO THE WII U TO?

Infinity Wars Review - Mouse n Joypad

46m ago - Gale Writes - "I have to admit that I installed Infinity Wars without expecting too much of it. W... | PC

GertLushGaming Presents Our Family Guy: The Quest For Stuff Review

50m ago - After another epic battle with the giant chicken, Peter Griffin has accidentally destroyed Quahog... | iPhone

Treasures of Montezuma: Arena Is Coming To PlayStation Vita

50m ago - Coming as a downloadable free-to-play title featuring three all-new game modes. | PS Vita

Why It Could Be Game Over For Video Game Stocks

50m ago - Are video game stocks about to power down? Between a closely watched measure of sales, and a bear... | Culture

Enter to Win a PS4 and More!

Now - We are buying one lucky N4Ger a PS4 just for commenting on any N4G story! | Promoted post

Playing The Insurgent In Killzone: Shadow Fall

1h ago - Hardcore Gamer: The Insurgent Pack is the first expansion pack for Killzone: Shadow Fall. The mu... | PS4