Submitted by PockyKing 867d ago | news

Moby Dick Studios Showing "Something New" Thursday Night on GTTV

Since the VGA 2012 reveal of a possible new game titled, The Phantom Pain, Joakim Mogren (Possibly Hideo Kojima) has been very quiet about the upcoming project from Moby Dick Studios. (Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Next-Gen, PC, PS3, Xbox 360)

Alternative Sources
FATAL1TY  +   867d ago
MGS5
Prcko  +   867d ago
ps4 exclusive?
#1.1 (Edited 867d ago ) | Agree(19) | Disagree(10) | Report | Reply
PeaSFor  +   867d ago
its sooooooo MGS5
OlgerO  +   866d ago
I dont think so since metal gear rising was not exclusice either
Mounce  +   867d ago
My body is ready.
classic200  +   867d ago
phantom pain gameplay.
user7693958  +   867d ago
!
Joakim? = Kojima
lol it's funy

glas pes14+ is using fox engines! it looks so amazing! photorealistic
#1.4 (Edited 867d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
PSVita  +   867d ago
MGS5 as a launch title would blow minds.
fsfsxii  +   867d ago
MGS: GZ please!!!!
On next gen consoles
CaptainYesterday  +   867d ago
Ooh baby I can't wait! Snake! Snake! SNAAAAAAAAKKKKEEEEE!!! I know its you..
ginsunuva  +   867d ago
But is it Tasty too?
dafegamer  +   867d ago
Well there must be some doritos lying around
HammadTheBeast  +   867d ago
Chug some Mountain Dew with that.
zerocrossing  +   867d ago
Kojima should sue Moby Dick Studios.

Has anyone else noticed the sheer amount of similarities these trailers have in common with MGS!? It's as if Kojima himself were responsible for them.
NukaCola  +   867d ago
Kojima: The greatest and most loved troll in the biz.

I can't wait!
#5.1 (Edited 867d ago ) | Agree(11) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
FarCryLover182  +   867d ago
So has this been confirmed to be MGS5? If so, then wow! MGS GZ and MGS5. Amazing duo.
Shuyin  +   867d ago
Dude..Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain are the same game. Why is everyone so ignorant on this??
FarCryLover182  +   867d ago
I didn't know. heh, everyone on the web has been acting like its MGS5, so I assumed they knew something I didn't.
sourav93  +   867d ago
A youtube comment on the trailer for The Phantom pain by user zachfxingwonders:
"Just a few things i wanna point out:
First of all, this ain't Liquid. Obviously.
Big Boss was said to have entered a coma after being wounded in battle. During this time, Zero carried out "Les Enfant Terribles." This took place in 1972.
The Peace Walker Incident takes place in 1974. If this is Big Boss during the Les Enfant Terribles project, then it takes place two years before Peace Walker, making The Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes different games. (probably an already known fact)"

I personally don't know much about the history of MGS, as my first ever MGS game was MGS4. But ever since I've fallen in love with the franchise and I thought I had the back story nailed through the help of wikipedia and other mgs fan sites, well, until the trailers for PP and GZ came out, leaving me absolutely clueless. Nonetheless, I know I'll still enjoy the games.
PSVita  +   867d ago
I feel like they must be the same game but why announce GZ and the this teaser under a different name. I hope it's snake.
DOMination-  +   866d ago
I don't think so. The Phantom Pain looks considerably worse than GZ for a start. I think TPP will be a handheld title.
Vandamme21  +   867d ago
Can't wait
perfectCarbonara  +   867d ago
Ahab engine 2 ?
user7693958  +   867d ago
Ahab is the captain of the Pequod who wants to kill Moby-Dick.
Shuyin  +   867d ago
Boner.
Gigglefist  +   867d ago
I really hope they keep the subtitle.
Phantom Pain is such a sweet name for a game.
MGS 5: Phantom Pain
Yeah, I could roll with that...
lawks_land  +   867d ago
Ah yes. The enigmatic Joakim Mogren.

At least Thursday will bring more details.
Mouktouk  +   867d ago
All I hope is that Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain are two distinct games.

As a MGS fan, I can't wait to get my hands on Ground Zeroes, but I also love how Phantom Pain looks and feels. So I just hope PhP is a Metal Gear spin-off or something like that, and not just a part of Ground Zeroes (even if I would be glad if it was nonetheless).
#12 (Edited 867d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
KillrateOmega  +   867d ago
Can someone tell me whether or not The Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes are the same game or not? Or is there not enough information available to confirm either way?
#13 (Edited 867d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Shuyin  +   866d ago
Of course there's no confirmation whatsoever but I highly doubt they aren't the same game. KJ Prod. release a MGS game every 4-5 years to ensure its quality equals their high standards. But 2 MGS's at the same time? No way. Never. That's just ridiculous.
KillrateOmega  +   866d ago
Alright. Thanks, man :)
DeadlyFire  +   866d ago
Its possible Phantom Pain is a portable title. While Ground Zeros is a main platform type of title.

They are two different games, but no confirmation has been given about the titles other than they are coming. E3 should have big announcement or something of some sort with MGS on it.

The Phantom Pain trailer clearly labels Metal Gear Solid V in the background. Some assume its 5, but other titles heading to the Vita got a V put in them as well while in early development.
#13.2 (Edited 866d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Psycho_Mantis  +   867d ago
Best news of the week! Things just keep getting better and better these days! :D
iMaim  +   867d ago
I imagined that Hideo Kojima turns up at the interview with a fake ass mustache and a name badge that says "Kideo Hojima".
Faztkiller  +   867d ago
The CEO's joke Twitter account is funny https://twitter.com/JNMogre...
#16 (Edited 867d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Grey Fox 92  +   866d ago
Are you ready for Kojima's Swedish cousin?
Mr-SellJack  +   866d ago
Sick!

NIS America To Release Limited Edition Samurai Warriors 4-II

15m ago - NIS-exclusive Samurai Warriors 4-II package to include 80-page, bound art book and a 13-track ori... | PS4

Final Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare DLC Reckoning arrives 4th of August

15m ago - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare wraps up an extraordinary DLC season with the release of the fourt... | PC

Preview: 20XX: I Now Pronounce You Mega Man X and Roguelike

Now - 20XX makes no secret about its influence. Taking notes right out of the Mega Man X series, this side-scrolling 2D adventure also incorporates rogue... | Promoted post

Xbox Summer Spotlight Brings 25 Digital Games Over The Next Five Weeks

15m ago - The spiritual successor to the old Summer of Arcade is finally here and it starts this week. The... | Xbox One

Rockstar Games Confirms Double RP and Double Cash for Grand Theft Auto Online

15m ago - Hardcore Gamer writes: "Grand Theft Auto V publisher Rockstar Games announced on Monday that Gran... | PC

Check Out These Incredible Street Fighter “Continue?” Busts