Submitted by PockyKing 655d ago | news

Moby Dick Studios Showing "Something New" Thursday Night on GTTV

Since the VGA 2012 reveal of a possible new game titled, The Phantom Pain, Joakim Mogren (Possibly Hideo Kojima) has been very quiet about the upcoming project from Moby Dick Studios. (Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Next-Gen, PC, PS3, Xbox 360)

Alternative Sources
FATAL1TY  +   655d ago
MGS5
Prcko  +   655d ago
ps4 exclusive?
#1.1 (Edited 655d ago ) | Agree(19) | Disagree(10) | Report | Reply
PeaSFor  +   655d ago
its sooooooo MGS5
OlgerO  +   655d ago
I dont think so since metal gear rising was not exclusice either
Mounce  +   655d ago
My body is ready.
classic200  +   655d ago
phantom pain gameplay.
user7693958  +   655d ago
!
Joakim? = Kojima
lol it's funy

glas pes14+ is using fox engines! it looks so amazing! photorealistic
#1.4 (Edited 655d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
PSVita  +   655d ago
MGS5 as a launch title would blow minds.
fsfsxii  +   655d ago
MGS: GZ please!!!!
On next gen consoles
CaptainYesterday  +   655d ago
Ooh baby I can't wait! Snake! Snake! SNAAAAAAAAKKKKEEEEE!!! I know its you..
ginsunuva  +   655d ago
But is it Tasty too?
dafegamer  +   655d ago
Well there must be some doritos lying around
HammadTheBeast  +   655d ago
Chug some Mountain Dew with that.
zerocrossing  +   655d ago
Kojima should sue Moby Dick Studios.

Has anyone else noticed the sheer amount of similarities these trailers have in common with MGS!? It's as if Kojima himself were responsible for them.
NukaCola  +   655d ago
Kojima: The greatest and most loved troll in the biz.

I can't wait!
#5.1 (Edited 655d ago ) | Agree(11) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
FarCryLover182  +   655d ago
So has this been confirmed to be MGS5? If so, then wow! MGS GZ and MGS5. Amazing duo.
Shuyin  +   655d ago
Dude..Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain are the same game. Why is everyone so ignorant on this??
FarCryLover182  +   655d ago
I didn't know. heh, everyone on the web has been acting like its MGS5, so I assumed they knew something I didn't.
sourav93  +   655d ago
A youtube comment on the trailer for The Phantom pain by user zachfxingwonders:
"Just a few things i wanna point out:
First of all, this ain't Liquid. Obviously.
Big Boss was said to have entered a coma after being wounded in battle. During this time, Zero carried out "Les Enfant Terribles." This took place in 1972.
The Peace Walker Incident takes place in 1974. If this is Big Boss during the Les Enfant Terribles project, then it takes place two years before Peace Walker, making The Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes different games. (probably an already known fact)"

I personally don't know much about the history of MGS, as my first ever MGS game was MGS4. But ever since I've fallen in love with the franchise and I thought I had the back story nailed through the help of wikipedia and other mgs fan sites, well, until the trailers for PP and GZ came out, leaving me absolutely clueless. Nonetheless, I know I'll still enjoy the games.
PSVita  +   655d ago
I feel like they must be the same game but why announce GZ and the this teaser under a different name. I hope it's snake.
DOMination-  +   655d ago
I don't think so. The Phantom Pain looks considerably worse than GZ for a start. I think TPP will be a handheld title.
Vandamme21  +   655d ago
Can't wait
perfectCarbonara  +   655d ago
Ahab engine 2 ?
user7693958  +   655d ago
Ahab is the captain of the Pequod who wants to kill Moby-Dick.
Shuyin  +   655d ago
Boner.
Gigglefist  +   655d ago
I really hope they keep the subtitle.
Phantom Pain is such a sweet name for a game.
MGS 5: Phantom Pain
Yeah, I could roll with that...
lawks_land  +   655d ago
Ah yes. The enigmatic Joakim Mogren.

At least Thursday will bring more details.
Mouktouk  +   655d ago
All I hope is that Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain are two distinct games.

As a MGS fan, I can't wait to get my hands on Ground Zeroes, but I also love how Phantom Pain looks and feels. So I just hope PhP is a Metal Gear spin-off or something like that, and not just a part of Ground Zeroes (even if I would be glad if it was nonetheless).
#12 (Edited 655d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
KillrateOmega  +   655d ago
Can someone tell me whether or not The Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes are the same game or not? Or is there not enough information available to confirm either way?
#13 (Edited 655d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Shuyin  +   655d ago
Of course there's no confirmation whatsoever but I highly doubt they aren't the same game. KJ Prod. release a MGS game every 4-5 years to ensure its quality equals their high standards. But 2 MGS's at the same time? No way. Never. That's just ridiculous.
KillrateOmega  +   654d ago
Alright. Thanks, man :)
DeadlyFire  +   654d ago
Its possible Phantom Pain is a portable title. While Ground Zeros is a main platform type of title.

They are two different games, but no confirmation has been given about the titles other than they are coming. E3 should have big announcement or something of some sort with MGS on it.

The Phantom Pain trailer clearly labels Metal Gear Solid V in the background. Some assume its 5, but other titles heading to the Vita got a V put in them as well while in early development.
#13.2 (Edited 654d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Psycho_Mantis  +   655d ago
Best news of the week! Things just keep getting better and better these days! :D
iMaim  +   655d ago
I imagined that Hideo Kojima turns up at the interview with a fake ass mustache and a name badge that says "Kideo Hojima".
Faztkiller  +   655d ago
The CEO's joke Twitter account is funny https://twitter.com/JNMogre...
#16 (Edited 655d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Grey Fox 92  +   655d ago
Are you ready for Kojima's Swedish cousin?
Mr-SellJack  +   654d ago
Sick!

The 8-Bit Time Machine Brings Modern Gaming Tunes into the Past

35m ago - Have you played one of your games and asked yourself, “I wonder what the soundtrack would sound l... | Culture

Why 1996 Was the Best Year in Gaming - Tomb Raider and Crash Bandicoot and Diablo, oh my

50m ago - Gamespot: "Which year was the best in video game history? Which 12 month period had the biggest... | Retro

Super Smash Bros Wii U: Link And Toon Link Combo Tips

56m ago - One Angry Gamer "It seems like we rarely ever see Link or Toon Link in the FGC tournaments for Su... | Wii U

Nintendo releases new Wii U and 3DS virtual console trailers - Mario Bros and Mega Man get revived

1h ago - Nintendo has released new trailers for the release of both Mega Man Zero and the original Super M... | Wii U

Grand Theft Auto V (XB1) Review

Now - Ken returns to Los Santos and gets lost in its world again. | Promoted post

Dungeons And Robots, Orion Trail Join Steam Greenlight

1h ago - One Angry Gamer "Looking for a four-player co-op experience featuring twin-stick action and loot-... | PC