Try our new beta! Click here
Submitted by PockyKing 994d ago | news

Moby Dick Studios Showing "Something New" Thursday Night on GTTV

Since the VGA 2012 reveal of a possible new game titled, The Phantom Pain, Joakim Mogren (Possibly Hideo Kojima) has been very quiet about the upcoming project from Moby Dick Studios. (Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Next-Gen, PC, PS3, Xbox 360)

Alternative Sources
FATAL1TY  +   994d ago
Prcko  +   994d ago
ps4 exclusive?
#1.1 (Edited 994d ago ) | Agree(19) | Disagree(10) | Report | Reply
PeaSFor  +   994d ago
its sooooooo MGS5
OlgerO  +   994d ago
I dont think so since metal gear rising was not exclusice either
Mounce  +   994d ago
My body is ready.
classic200  +   994d ago
phantom pain gameplay.
user7693958  +   994d ago
Joakim? = Kojima
lol it's funy

glas pes14+ is using fox engines! it looks so amazing! photorealistic
#1.4 (Edited 994d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
PSVita  +   994d ago
MGS5 as a launch title would blow minds.
fsfsxii  +   994d ago
MGS: GZ please!!!!
On next gen consoles
CaptainYesterday  +   994d ago
Ooh baby I can't wait! Snake! Snake! SNAAAAAAAAKKKKEEEEE!!! I know its you..
ginsunuva  +   994d ago
But is it Tasty too?
dafegamer  +   994d ago
Well there must be some doritos lying around
HammadTheBeast  +   994d ago
Chug some Mountain Dew with that.
zerocrossing  +   994d ago
Kojima should sue Moby Dick Studios.

Has anyone else noticed the sheer amount of similarities these trailers have in common with MGS!? It's as if Kojima himself were responsible for them.
NukaCola  +   994d ago
Kojima: The greatest and most loved troll in the biz.

I can't wait!
#5.1 (Edited 994d ago ) | Agree(11) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
FarCryLover182  +   994d ago
So has this been confirmed to be MGS5? If so, then wow! MGS GZ and MGS5. Amazing duo.
Shuyin  +   994d ago
Dude..Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain are the same game. Why is everyone so ignorant on this??
FarCryLover182  +   994d ago
I didn't know. heh, everyone on the web has been acting like its MGS5, so I assumed they knew something I didn't.
sourav93  +   994d ago
A youtube comment on the trailer for The Phantom pain by user zachfxingwonders:
"Just a few things i wanna point out:
First of all, this ain't Liquid. Obviously.
Big Boss was said to have entered a coma after being wounded in battle. During this time, Zero carried out "Les Enfant Terribles." This took place in 1972.
The Peace Walker Incident takes place in 1974. If this is Big Boss during the Les Enfant Terribles project, then it takes place two years before Peace Walker, making The Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes different games. (probably an already known fact)"

I personally don't know much about the history of MGS, as my first ever MGS game was MGS4. But ever since I've fallen in love with the franchise and I thought I had the back story nailed through the help of wikipedia and other mgs fan sites, well, until the trailers for PP and GZ came out, leaving me absolutely clueless. Nonetheless, I know I'll still enjoy the games.
PSVita  +   994d ago
I feel like they must be the same game but why announce GZ and the this teaser under a different name. I hope it's snake.
DOMination-  +   994d ago
I don't think so. The Phantom Pain looks considerably worse than GZ for a start. I think TPP will be a handheld title.
Vandamme21  +   994d ago
Can't wait
perfectCarbonara  +   994d ago
Ahab engine 2 ?
user7693958  +   994d ago
Ahab is the captain of the Pequod who wants to kill Moby-Dick.
Shuyin  +   994d ago
Gigglefist  +   994d ago
I really hope they keep the subtitle.
Phantom Pain is such a sweet name for a game.
MGS 5: Phantom Pain
Yeah, I could roll with that...
lawks_land  +   994d ago
Ah yes. The enigmatic Joakim Mogren.

At least Thursday will bring more details.
Mouktouk  +   994d ago
All I hope is that Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain are two distinct games.

As a MGS fan, I can't wait to get my hands on Ground Zeroes, but I also love how Phantom Pain looks and feels. So I just hope PhP is a Metal Gear spin-off or something like that, and not just a part of Ground Zeroes (even if I would be glad if it was nonetheless).
#12 (Edited 994d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
KillrateOmega  +   994d ago
Can someone tell me whether or not The Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes are the same game or not? Or is there not enough information available to confirm either way?
#13 (Edited 994d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Shuyin  +   994d ago
Of course there's no confirmation whatsoever but I highly doubt they aren't the same game. KJ Prod. release a MGS game every 4-5 years to ensure its quality equals their high standards. But 2 MGS's at the same time? No way. Never. That's just ridiculous.
KillrateOmega  +   994d ago
Alright. Thanks, man :)
DeadlyFire  +   993d ago
Its possible Phantom Pain is a portable title. While Ground Zeros is a main platform type of title.

They are two different games, but no confirmation has been given about the titles other than they are coming. E3 should have big announcement or something of some sort with MGS on it.

The Phantom Pain trailer clearly labels Metal Gear Solid V in the background. Some assume its 5, but other titles heading to the Vita got a V put in them as well while in early development.
#13.2 (Edited 993d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Psycho_Mantis  +   994d ago
Best news of the week! Things just keep getting better and better these days! :D
iMaim  +   994d ago
I imagined that Hideo Kojima turns up at the interview with a fake ass mustache and a name badge that says "Kideo Hojima".
Faztkiller  +   994d ago
The CEO's joke Twitter account is funny
#16 (Edited 994d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Grey Fox 92  +   994d ago
Are you ready for Kojima's Swedish cousin?
Mr-SellJack  +   993d ago

Hands-On With Tactical RPG Tahira : Echoes of the Astral Empire - Cliqist

5m ago - Phil Ings writes: "When the developers of turn-based tactics RPG Tahira : Echoes of the Astral Em... | PC

How Xenoblade Chronicles Saved My Interest In Video Games Part I

5m ago - Hardcore Gamer: With the release of Xenoblade Chronicles X just days away, this is the perfect ti... | Wii

See what games are coming out in 2016

Now - Visit our release calendar to see what games are coming out in 2016. | Promoted post

Nintendo Treehouse’s Splatournament Kicks Off on Wednesday

5m ago - Nintendo has announced the details of its first ever Splatournament, a Splatoon tournament that w... | Wii U

Yo-kai Watch series sales top 10 million

6m ago - Yo-kai Watch series global sales have topped 10 million, Level-5 announced. Eight months ago,... | Industry

Let’s Play GoldenEye 007: Revisiting the Dam Level

6m ago - GoldenEye 007 was a groundbreaking first-person shooter on the Nintendo 64 when it first came out... | Retro