Submitted by PockyKing 589d ago | news

Moby Dick Studios Showing "Something New" Thursday Night on GTTV

Since the VGA 2012 reveal of a possible new game titled, The Phantom Pain, Joakim Mogren (Possibly Hideo Kojima) has been very quiet about the upcoming project from Moby Dick Studios. (Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Next-Gen, PC, PS3, Xbox 360)

Alternative Sources
FATAL1TY  +   589d ago
MGS5
Prcko  +   589d ago
ps4 exclusive?
#1.1 (Edited 589d ago ) | Agree(19) | Disagree(10) | Report | Reply
PeaSFor  +   589d ago
its sooooooo MGS5
OlgerO  +   589d ago
I dont think so since metal gear rising was not exclusice either
Mounce  +   589d ago
My body is ready.
classic200  +   589d ago
phantom pain gameplay.
user7693958  +   589d ago
!
Joakim? = Kojima
lol it's funy

glas pes14+ is using fox engines! it looks so amazing! photorealistic
#1.4 (Edited 589d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
PSVita  +   589d ago
MGS5 as a launch title would blow minds.
fsfsxii  +   589d ago
MGS: GZ please!!!!
On next gen consoles
CaptainYesterday  +   589d ago
Ooh baby I can't wait! Snake! Snake! SNAAAAAAAAKKKKEEEEE!!! I know its you..
ginsunuva  +   589d ago
But is it Tasty too?
dafegamer  +   589d ago
Well there must be some doritos lying around
HammadTheBeast  +   589d ago
Chug some Mountain Dew with that.
zerocrossing  +   589d ago
Kojima should sue Moby Dick Studios.

Has anyone else noticed the sheer amount of similarities these trailers have in common with MGS!? It's as if Kojima himself were responsible for them.
NukaCola  +   589d ago
Kojima: The greatest and most loved troll in the biz.

I can't wait!
#5.1 (Edited 589d ago ) | Agree(11) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
FarCryLover182  +   589d ago
So has this been confirmed to be MGS5? If so, then wow! MGS GZ and MGS5. Amazing duo.
Shuyin  +   589d ago
Dude..Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain are the same game. Why is everyone so ignorant on this??
FarCryLover182  +   589d ago
I didn't know. heh, everyone on the web has been acting like its MGS5, so I assumed they knew something I didn't.
sourav93  +   589d ago
A youtube comment on the trailer for The Phantom pain by user zachfxingwonders:
"Just a few things i wanna point out:
First of all, this ain't Liquid. Obviously.
Big Boss was said to have entered a coma after being wounded in battle. During this time, Zero carried out "Les Enfant Terribles." This took place in 1972.
The Peace Walker Incident takes place in 1974. If this is Big Boss during the Les Enfant Terribles project, then it takes place two years before Peace Walker, making The Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes different games. (probably an already known fact)"

I personally don't know much about the history of MGS, as my first ever MGS game was MGS4. But ever since I've fallen in love with the franchise and I thought I had the back story nailed through the help of wikipedia and other mgs fan sites, well, until the trailers for PP and GZ came out, leaving me absolutely clueless. Nonetheless, I know I'll still enjoy the games.
PSVita  +   589d ago
I feel like they must be the same game but why announce GZ and the this teaser under a different name. I hope it's snake.
DOMination-  +   588d ago
I don't think so. The Phantom Pain looks considerably worse than GZ for a start. I think TPP will be a handheld title.
Vandamme21  +   589d ago
Can't wait
perfectCarbonara  +   589d ago
Ahab engine 2 ?
user7693958  +   589d ago
Ahab is the captain of the Pequod who wants to kill Moby-Dick.
Shuyin  +   589d ago
Boner.
Gigglefist  +   589d ago
I really hope they keep the subtitle.
Phantom Pain is such a sweet name for a game.
MGS 5: Phantom Pain
Yeah, I could roll with that...
lawks_land  +   589d ago
Ah yes. The enigmatic Joakim Mogren.

At least Thursday will bring more details.
Mouktouk  +   589d ago
All I hope is that Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain are two distinct games.

As a MGS fan, I can't wait to get my hands on Ground Zeroes, but I also love how Phantom Pain looks and feels. So I just hope PhP is a Metal Gear spin-off or something like that, and not just a part of Ground Zeroes (even if I would be glad if it was nonetheless).
#12 (Edited 589d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
KillrateOmega  +   589d ago
Can someone tell me whether or not The Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes are the same game or not? Or is there not enough information available to confirm either way?
#13 (Edited 589d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Shuyin  +   588d ago
Of course there's no confirmation whatsoever but I highly doubt they aren't the same game. KJ Prod. release a MGS game every 4-5 years to ensure its quality equals their high standards. But 2 MGS's at the same time? No way. Never. That's just ridiculous.
KillrateOmega  +   588d ago
Alright. Thanks, man :)
DeadlyFire  +   588d ago
Its possible Phantom Pain is a portable title. While Ground Zeros is a main platform type of title.

They are two different games, but no confirmation has been given about the titles other than they are coming. E3 should have big announcement or something of some sort with MGS on it.

The Phantom Pain trailer clearly labels Metal Gear Solid V in the background. Some assume its 5, but other titles heading to the Vita got a V put in them as well while in early development.
#13.2 (Edited 588d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Psycho_Mantis  +   589d ago
Best news of the week! Things just keep getting better and better these days! :D
iMaim  +   589d ago
I imagined that Hideo Kojima turns up at the interview with a fake ass mustache and a name badge that says "Kideo Hojima".
Faztkiller  +   589d ago
The CEO's joke Twitter account is funny https://twitter.com/JNMogre...
#16 (Edited 589d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Grey Fox 92  +   588d ago
Are you ready for Kojima's Swedish cousin?
Mr-SellJack  +   588d ago
Sick!

Achievement H.U.N.T. #52

1h ago - This week's HUNT brings you Ryan vs. Ray. | Xbox One

The Halo Bulletin: The Elite Eight

1h ago - B is for Bravo - Earlier today, we announced our master plan for the launch of Halo: The Mast... | Xbox One

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor – Review | GamingLives

1h ago - GamingLives takes a look at the latest journey through Middle Earth in this video review of Shado... | PC

Preview: Assassin's Creed: Rogue | Stevivor

2h ago - Leo Stevenson -- "We've taken to calling last-gen by another (more disparaging) name -- shit-gen... | PC

Get a Free Kindle Fire HD!

Now - Check out details here! | Promoted post

Nvidia GeForce 344.48 WHQL Driver Now Available to Download

2h ago - Maximum PC: Nvidia today made available its "Game Ready" GeForce 344.48 WHQL driver, which among... | PC