It's been a long time since a developer has taken such risks in development and it is deeply impressive that so many of these risks have paid off for the members of Ironclad. Sins delivers a new experience to the RTS market. Part 4X game, part grand strategy, and part traditional RTS, it won't appeal to everyone but may set a new kind of direction for the strategy market.
• Gameplay: A very unique and interesting style.
• Graphics: The game is attractive and functional.
• Interface: The vast amount of data the game throws at you is handled admirably.
• Expectations: Sins of a Solar Empire is really a new kind of hybrid game, which may put off people with expectations of it being a standard grand strategy or RTS title.
• No campaign: No single-player campaigns to explore the back story more.