Submitted by Foolsjoker 998d ago | opinion piece

Will Hollywood Actors Dominate the Games Industry?

"As the ability for gaming to produce more and more lifelike characters increases, the need for talented actors to portray them has been getting attention from Hollywood. With the recent announcement of another famous actor joining the cast of Beyond: Two Souls, the Daily Reaction crew of Seb and Dan discuss the ramifications of bringing on the world’s biggest movie industry into the gaming space."

- Daily Reaction (Beyond: Two Souls, Industry, PS3, PS4, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, Xbox 360, Xbox One)

doctorstrange  +   998d ago
Goddamn, Dafoe is a sexy beast...
Foolsjoker  +   998d ago
I would, and you know he would.
#1.1 (Edited 998d ago ) | Agree(12) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
DwightOwen  +   998d ago
There was a FIRE-FIGHT!!!
camel_toad  +   998d ago
I can't wait to see Jack Black motion captured as Mario.
dboyc310  +   998d ago
"While Heavy Rain suffered from poor acting, Beyond will bring the talent of very experienced actors/actresses like the gorgeous and sexy Willem Dafoe and the creepy-faced Ellen Page." Think they meant to describe Ellen page as gorgeous and Sexy I THINK lol.
konnerbllb  +   998d ago
She will always look like a child to me.
grifter024  +   998d ago
No I think they got it right.
dedicatedtogamers  +   998d ago
Videogames need to be less, not more, like movies. Hiring Hollywood actors costs a ton of money that couldve been spent on other things. Sure, a game like Uncharted or a Bioware title wouldnt be the same without some quality voice-overs, but it isnt necessary in most games.
Wedge19  +   998d ago
As long as it's only Dafoe that is dominating the industry.
TrendyGamers  +   998d ago
Dafoe as the main character of Modern Warfare 4?
doctorstrange  +   998d ago
Wedge19  +   997d ago
Let's see some Uncharted starring Willem Drake, or Nathan Dafoe.
clearelite  +   998d ago
Exactly, Defoe is the man. A few others might be welcome as well but this is NOT the movie industry.

I think the author used the word "talented" and "hollywood" in the same sentence and they don't always go hand and hand.

@drstrange: what dafoek?

@trendygamers: Defoe wouldn't even finish reading the script.
#3.2 (Edited 998d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
CaitSith  +   998d ago
SlowBurn  +   998d ago
Hopefully we will see an increase in price to accommodate for Hollywood wash-ups finding a way to avoid exposure while cashing some significant cheques.
TenSteps  +   998d ago
I wonder if by the end will he be a friend or Dafoe?
InMyOpinion  +   998d ago
I think he will..em...wait, someone's calling me on Dafoen.
#6.1 (Edited 998d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
clearelite  +   998d ago
Just here 'cause DaFoe is. I see dafoe i click.
r21  +   998d ago
So you see a Dafoe article, you would Dafoenitely give it a click.
goldwyncq  +   998d ago
What Dafoe!?
#7.2 (Edited 998d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
jc48573  +   998d ago
'the possibilities....fantastic' ;
#8 (Edited 998d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Stoppokingme  +   998d ago
Dafoe, Bacon, only good actors need apply. We don't want every half assed actor trying to cash in on the gaming inustry.

'Tim Allens Kinect Christmas' I shudder at the thought.
EverydayGuy  +   998d ago
As long as A list actors don't charge half the budget just to have them.
Kevlar009  +   998d ago
Dafoe can dominate my industry...

With that I take my leave
yeahokchief  +   998d ago
I don't care one way or the other. But Rockstar moved away from using big names. I'd be insulted too if they were just doing it for the check.
zerocrossing  +   998d ago
With big names sometimes you know you're getting a certain level of quality, but yeah if it was just for the cash and attention then I say no way.
zerocrossing  +   998d ago
"Will Hollywood Actors Dominate the Games Industry?"

It's certainly possible but I don't think it's a good idea, just imagine if David Hayter was never cast as Snake! it wouldn't be the same... So go for who best fits the role, Hollywood actor or not, IMO.
mochachino  +   998d ago
You don't need hollywood actors to have good acting in a game.

There's millions of failed but very talented actors. Use them and save money.
#14 (Edited 998d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply

Review: Game of Thrones Episode 6: The Ice Dragon (DarkZero)

38m ago - Jorge S Fernandez: "Some videogame success stories simply write themselves: the mere pitch of the... | PC

8WNterview: Ackk Studios Talks YIIK & Chromophore, Death, and Fixing Mistakes

7h ago - 8-Worlds News talks to Ackk Studios' Brian Allanson on upcoming titles YIIK: A Post-Modern RPG an... | Wii U

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters – How to Get to Hunter’s Nightmare

7h ago - Bloodborne’s first expansion, The Old Hunters, takes place in another realm called The Hunter’s N... | PS4

The Roach Approach - Battlefront for under $600 | PC Gaming Enthusiast

7h ago - Check out Jake Roach's November build where he builds a system that can run Battlefront for under... | PC

SymbioVR System: Interview With Chris Pusczak

10h ago - Dustin writes: "Today we have a great interview with Chris Pusczak from SymbioVR based in Florida... | Industry