Submitted by Foolsjoker 913d ago | opinion piece

Will Hollywood Actors Dominate the Games Industry?

"As the ability for gaming to produce more and more lifelike characters increases, the need for talented actors to portray them has been getting attention from Hollywood. With the recent announcement of another famous actor joining the cast of Beyond: Two Souls, the Daily Reaction crew of Seb and Dan discuss the ramifications of bringing on the world’s biggest movie industry into the gaming space."

- Daily Reaction (Beyond: Two Souls, Industry, PS3, PS4, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, Xbox 360, Xbox One)

doctorstrange  +   913d ago
Goddamn, Dafoe is a sexy beast...
Foolsjoker  +   913d ago
I would, and you know he would.
#1.1 (Edited 913d ago ) | Agree(12) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
DwightOwen  +   913d ago
There was a FIRE-FIGHT!!!
camel_toad  +   913d ago
I can't wait to see Jack Black motion captured as Mario.
dboyc310  +   913d ago
"While Heavy Rain suffered from poor acting, Beyond will bring the talent of very experienced actors/actresses like the gorgeous and sexy Willem Dafoe and the creepy-faced Ellen Page." Think they meant to describe Ellen page as gorgeous and Sexy I THINK lol.
konnerbllb  +   913d ago
She will always look like a child to me.
grifter024  +   913d ago
No I think they got it right.
dedicatedtogamers  +   913d ago
Videogames need to be less, not more, like movies. Hiring Hollywood actors costs a ton of money that couldve been spent on other things. Sure, a game like Uncharted or a Bioware title wouldnt be the same without some quality voice-overs, but it isnt necessary in most games.
Wedge19  +   913d ago
As long as it's only Dafoe that is dominating the industry.
TrendyGamers  +   913d ago
Dafoe as the main character of Modern Warfare 4?
doctorstrange  +   913d ago
Dafoek?
Wedge19  +   912d ago
Let's see some Uncharted starring Willem Drake, or Nathan Dafoe.
clearelite  +   913d ago
Exactly, Defoe is the man. A few others might be welcome as well but this is NOT the movie industry.

I think the author used the word "talented" and "hollywood" in the same sentence and they don't always go hand and hand.

@drstrange: what dafoek?

@trendygamers: Defoe wouldn't even finish reading the script.
#3.2 (Edited 913d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
CaitSith  +   913d ago
AVENGE ME!
SlowBurn  +   913d ago
Hopefully we will see an increase in price to accommodate for Hollywood wash-ups finding a way to avoid exposure while cashing some significant cheques.
TenSteps  +   913d ago
I wonder if by the end will he be a friend or Dafoe?
InMyOpinion  +   913d ago
I think he will..em...wait, someone's calling me on Dafoen.
#6.1 (Edited 913d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
clearelite  +   913d ago
Just here 'cause DaFoe is. I see dafoe i click.
r21  +   913d ago
So you see a Dafoe article, you would Dafoenitely give it a click.
goldwyncq  +   913d ago
What Dafoe!?
#7.2 (Edited 913d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
jc48573  +   913d ago
'the possibilities....fantastic' ;
#8 (Edited 913d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Stoppokingme  +   913d ago
Dafoe, Bacon, only good actors need apply. We don't want every half assed actor trying to cash in on the gaming inustry.

'Tim Allens Kinect Christmas' I shudder at the thought.
EverydayGuy  +   913d ago
As long as A list actors don't charge half the budget just to have them.
Kevlar009  +   913d ago
Dafoe can dominate my industry...

With that I take my leave
yeahokchief  +   913d ago
I don't care one way or the other. But Rockstar moved away from using big names. I'd be insulted too if they were just doing it for the check.
zerocrossing  +   913d ago
With big names sometimes you know you're getting a certain level of quality, but yeah if it was just for the cash and attention then I say no way.
zerocrossing  +   913d ago
"Will Hollywood Actors Dominate the Games Industry?"

It's certainly possible but I don't think it's a good idea, just imagine if David Hayter was never cast as Snake! it wouldn't be the same... So go for who best fits the role, Hollywood actor or not, IMO.
mochachino  +   913d ago
You don't need hollywood actors to have good acting in a game.

There's millions of failed but very talented actors. Use them and save money.
#14 (Edited 913d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply

PAX Prime 2015: March of Industry Will Be Funnier Than Nic Cage's 'Lord of War' | Hardcore Gamer

9m ago - Taking place in a former Soviet country, the player will be tasked with building a weapons factor... | PC

MGSV Happy Kuji prizes include busts, half size bionic arm, walking cardboard boxes, and more

9m ago - Earlier this year Konami announced a collaboration with Happy Kuji for Metal Gear Solid V: The Ph... | PC

The Xbox One Games You Need to Play in August

Now - A new month has rolled up which means new releases are on the horizon. Microsoft has a fairly good line-up on the way for August, so let’s take a l... | Promoted post

Companion App for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain now available

9m ago - A companion app to be used with Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is now available for free th... | PS3

Review: SENRAN KAGURA 2: Deep Crimson (3DS) | Nintendo Life

9m ago - NL: Using sex appeal to sell games is nothing new in the industry, even to the point where the g... | 3DS

Metal Gear Solid V Phantom Pain PC Crashes, AMD CPU Issues, Can’t Launch, Errors and Fixes

10m ago - GamingSoFar: Metal Gear Solid V Phantom Pain is now available for PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox360 and Xbox... | PC