Submitted by Foolsjoker 497d ago | opinion piece

Will Hollywood Actors Dominate the Games Industry?

"As the ability for gaming to produce more and more lifelike characters increases, the need for talented actors to portray them has been getting attention from Hollywood. With the recent announcement of another famous actor joining the cast of Beyond: Two Souls, the Daily Reaction crew of Seb and Dan discuss the ramifications of bringing on the world’s biggest movie industry into the gaming space."

- Daily Reaction (Beyond: Two Souls, Industry, PS3, PS4, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, Xbox 360, Xbox One)

doctorstrange  +   497d ago
Goddamn, Dafoe is a sexy beast...
Foolsjoker  +   497d ago
I would, and you know he would.
#1.1 (Edited 497d ago ) | Agree(12) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
DwightOwen  +   497d ago
There was a FIRE-FIGHT!!!
camel_toad  +   497d ago
I can't wait to see Jack Black motion captured as Mario.
dboyc310  +   497d ago
"While Heavy Rain suffered from poor acting, Beyond will bring the talent of very experienced actors/actresses like the gorgeous and sexy Willem Dafoe and the creepy-faced Ellen Page." Think they meant to describe Ellen page as gorgeous and Sexy I THINK lol.
konnerbllb  +   497d ago
She will always look like a child to me.
grifter024  +   497d ago
No I think they got it right.
dedicatedtogamers  +   497d ago
Videogames need to be less, not more, like movies. Hiring Hollywood actors costs a ton of money that couldve been spent on other things. Sure, a game like Uncharted or a Bioware title wouldnt be the same without some quality voice-overs, but it isnt necessary in most games.
Wedge19  +   497d ago
As long as it's only Dafoe that is dominating the industry.
TrendyGamers  +   497d ago
Dafoe as the main character of Modern Warfare 4?
doctorstrange  +   497d ago
Dafoek?
Wedge19  +   496d ago
Let's see some Uncharted starring Willem Drake, or Nathan Dafoe.
clearelite  +   497d ago
Exactly, Defoe is the man. A few others might be welcome as well but this is NOT the movie industry.

I think the author used the word "talented" and "hollywood" in the same sentence and they don't always go hand and hand.

@drstrange: what dafoek?

@trendygamers: Defoe wouldn't even finish reading the script.
#3.2 (Edited 497d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
CaitSith  +   497d ago
AVENGE ME!
SlowBurn  +   497d ago
Hopefully we will see an increase in price to accommodate for Hollywood wash-ups finding a way to avoid exposure while cashing some significant cheques.
TenSteps  +   497d ago
I wonder if by the end will he be a friend or Dafoe?
InMyOpinion  +   497d ago
I think he will..em...wait, someone's calling me on Dafoen.
#6.1 (Edited 497d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
clearelite  +   497d ago
Just here 'cause DaFoe is. I see dafoe i click.
r21  +   497d ago
So you see a Dafoe article, you would Dafoenitely give it a click.
goldwyncq  +   497d ago
What Dafoe!?
#7.2 (Edited 497d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
jc48573  +   497d ago
'the possibilities....fantastic' ;
#8 (Edited 497d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Stoppokingme  +   497d ago
Dafoe, Bacon, only good actors need apply. We don't want every half assed actor trying to cash in on the gaming inustry.

'Tim Allens Kinect Christmas' I shudder at the thought.
EverydayGuy  +   497d ago
As long as A list actors don't charge half the budget just to have them.
Kevlar009  +   497d ago
Dafoe can dominate my industry...

With that I take my leave
yeahokchief  +   497d ago
I don't care one way or the other. But Rockstar moved away from using big names. I'd be insulted too if they were just doing it for the check.
zerocrossing  +   496d ago
With big names sometimes you know you're getting a certain level of quality, but yeah if it was just for the cash and attention then I say no way.
zerocrossing  +   496d ago
"Will Hollywood Actors Dominate the Games Industry?"

It's certainly possible but I don't think it's a good idea, just imagine if David Hayter was never cast as Snake! it wouldn't be the same... So go for who best fits the role, Hollywood actor or not, IMO.
mochachino  +   496d ago
You don't need hollywood actors to have good acting in a game.

There's millions of failed but very talented actors. Use them and save money.
#14 (Edited 496d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply

Second English Trailer Released for Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited

8m ago - Hardcore Gamer: The nearly four minute trailer features glimpses of the character roster, includi... | PS Vita

Indie Developer Tom Coxon on Lenna’s Inception; Procedural Generation, Publishers, and Game Dev

1h ago - Independent games developer and big-time CEO of Bytten Studio shares his experiences developing h... | Industry

GamersGate Launches 75% Off 2K Greatest Hits Sale, Total War and Space Battle Week-End

1h ago - GamersGate unveiled its classical Week-End sale and you can now get some of the greatest PC 2K Ga... | PC

Action Henk Is Half Trials, Half Sonic, All Toy Story - Early Access Preview | Dealspwn

1h ago - Dealspwn writes: "In effect it's a lot like Trials, a little like classic Sonic and a whole load... | PC

Murdered: Soul Suspect Review

Now - Drew takes on some paranormal investigation. | Promoted post

Top 5 Reasons Why You Never Want To Be a Game Critic

1h ago - For some reason, the gaming public has this seriously skewed view of video game critics. It’s har... | Culture