Submitted by Foolsjoker 698d ago | opinion piece

Will Hollywood Actors Dominate the Games Industry?

"As the ability for gaming to produce more and more lifelike characters increases, the need for talented actors to portray them has been getting attention from Hollywood. With the recent announcement of another famous actor joining the cast of Beyond: Two Souls, the Daily Reaction crew of Seb and Dan discuss the ramifications of bringing on the world’s biggest movie industry into the gaming space."

- Daily Reaction (Beyond: Two Souls, Industry, PS3, PS4, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, Xbox 360, Xbox One)

doctorstrange  +   698d ago
Goddamn, Dafoe is a sexy beast...
Foolsjoker  +   698d ago
I would, and you know he would.
#1.1 (Edited 698d ago ) | Agree(12) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
DwightOwen  +   698d ago
There was a FIRE-FIGHT!!!
camel_toad  +   698d ago
I can't wait to see Jack Black motion captured as Mario.
dboyc310  +   698d ago
"While Heavy Rain suffered from poor acting, Beyond will bring the talent of very experienced actors/actresses like the gorgeous and sexy Willem Dafoe and the creepy-faced Ellen Page." Think they meant to describe Ellen page as gorgeous and Sexy I THINK lol.
konnerbllb  +   698d ago
She will always look like a child to me.
grifter024  +   698d ago
No I think they got it right.
dedicatedtogamers  +   698d ago
Videogames need to be less, not more, like movies. Hiring Hollywood actors costs a ton of money that couldve been spent on other things. Sure, a game like Uncharted or a Bioware title wouldnt be the same without some quality voice-overs, but it isnt necessary in most games.
Wedge19  +   698d ago
As long as it's only Dafoe that is dominating the industry.
TrendyGamers  +   698d ago
Dafoe as the main character of Modern Warfare 4?
doctorstrange  +   698d ago
Dafoek?
Wedge19  +   697d ago
Let's see some Uncharted starring Willem Drake, or Nathan Dafoe.
clearelite  +   698d ago
Exactly, Defoe is the man. A few others might be welcome as well but this is NOT the movie industry.

I think the author used the word "talented" and "hollywood" in the same sentence and they don't always go hand and hand.

@drstrange: what dafoek?

@trendygamers: Defoe wouldn't even finish reading the script.
#3.2 (Edited 698d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
CaitSith  +   698d ago
AVENGE ME!
SlowBurn  +   698d ago
Hopefully we will see an increase in price to accommodate for Hollywood wash-ups finding a way to avoid exposure while cashing some significant cheques.
TenSteps  +   698d ago
I wonder if by the end will he be a friend or Dafoe?
InMyOpinion  +   698d ago
I think he will..em...wait, someone's calling me on Dafoen.
#6.1 (Edited 698d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
clearelite  +   698d ago
Just here 'cause DaFoe is. I see dafoe i click.
r21  +   698d ago
So you see a Dafoe article, you would Dafoenitely give it a click.
goldwyncq  +   698d ago
What Dafoe!?
#7.2 (Edited 698d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
jc48573  +   698d ago
'the possibilities....fantastic' ;
#8 (Edited 698d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Stoppokingme  +   698d ago
Dafoe, Bacon, only good actors need apply. We don't want every half assed actor trying to cash in on the gaming inustry.

'Tim Allens Kinect Christmas' I shudder at the thought.
EverydayGuy  +   698d ago
As long as A list actors don't charge half the budget just to have them.
Kevlar009  +   698d ago
Dafoe can dominate my industry...

With that I take my leave
yeahokchief  +   698d ago
I don't care one way or the other. But Rockstar moved away from using big names. I'd be insulted too if they were just doing it for the check.
zerocrossing  +   698d ago
With big names sometimes you know you're getting a certain level of quality, but yeah if it was just for the cash and attention then I say no way.
zerocrossing  +   698d ago
"Will Hollywood Actors Dominate the Games Industry?"

It's certainly possible but I don't think it's a good idea, just imagine if David Hayter was never cast as Snake! it wouldn't be the same... So go for who best fits the role, Hollywood actor or not, IMO.
mochachino  +   697d ago
You don't need hollywood actors to have good acting in a game.

There's millions of failed but very talented actors. Use them and save money.
#14 (Edited 697d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply

Puzzle & Dragons Battle Tournament Arcade game updated today

16m ago - Square Enix and GungHo Online updated the Puzzle & Dragons Battle Tournament arcade game in Japan. | Arcade

Which Zelda Character Has the Most Development?

23m ago - ZI: I believe it’s safe to say that the secondary (and probably tertiary) characters of the Legen... | Wii

eSports included in professional sports events

24m ago - MWEB GameZone writes: "A major Turkish sports club picks up a League of Legends team and Korea eS... | Culture

Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Havoc review | Eurogamer

29m ago - Eurogamer: "Advanced Warfare may be the boldest-looking COD in years, with its Kevin Spacey-fuel... | PC

Do You Suffer From Open World Fatigue?

Now - The open-world format has become prevalent, is it too much? | Promoted post

New Kingdom Hearts classic music album to release on March 25 in Japan

29m ago - Square Enix have announced the release of a new Kingdom Hearts music album in Japan. | Culture