Submitted by Foolsjoker 630d ago | opinion piece

Will Hollywood Actors Dominate the Games Industry?

"As the ability for gaming to produce more and more lifelike characters increases, the need for talented actors to portray them has been getting attention from Hollywood. With the recent announcement of another famous actor joining the cast of Beyond: Two Souls, the Daily Reaction crew of Seb and Dan discuss the ramifications of bringing on the world’s biggest movie industry into the gaming space."

- Daily Reaction (Beyond: Two Souls, Industry, PS3, PS4, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, Xbox 360, Xbox One)

doctorstrange  +   630d ago
Goddamn, Dafoe is a sexy beast...
Foolsjoker  +   630d ago
I would, and you know he would.
#1.1 (Edited 630d ago ) | Agree(12) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
DwightOwen  +   630d ago
There was a FIRE-FIGHT!!!
camel_toad  +   630d ago
I can't wait to see Jack Black motion captured as Mario.
dboyc310  +   630d ago
"While Heavy Rain suffered from poor acting, Beyond will bring the talent of very experienced actors/actresses like the gorgeous and sexy Willem Dafoe and the creepy-faced Ellen Page." Think they meant to describe Ellen page as gorgeous and Sexy I THINK lol.
konnerbllb  +   630d ago
She will always look like a child to me.
grifter024  +   630d ago
No I think they got it right.
dedicatedtogamers  +   630d ago
Videogames need to be less, not more, like movies. Hiring Hollywood actors costs a ton of money that couldve been spent on other things. Sure, a game like Uncharted or a Bioware title wouldnt be the same without some quality voice-overs, but it isnt necessary in most games.
Wedge19  +   630d ago
As long as it's only Dafoe that is dominating the industry.
TrendyGamers  +   630d ago
Dafoe as the main character of Modern Warfare 4?
doctorstrange  +   630d ago
Dafoek?
Wedge19  +   629d ago
Let's see some Uncharted starring Willem Drake, or Nathan Dafoe.
clearelite  +   630d ago
Exactly, Defoe is the man. A few others might be welcome as well but this is NOT the movie industry.

I think the author used the word "talented" and "hollywood" in the same sentence and they don't always go hand and hand.

@drstrange: what dafoek?

@trendygamers: Defoe wouldn't even finish reading the script.
#3.2 (Edited 630d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
CaitSith  +   630d ago
AVENGE ME!
SlowBurn  +   630d ago
Hopefully we will see an increase in price to accommodate for Hollywood wash-ups finding a way to avoid exposure while cashing some significant cheques.
TenSteps  +   630d ago
I wonder if by the end will he be a friend or Dafoe?
InMyOpinion  +   630d ago
I think he will..em...wait, someone's calling me on Dafoen.
#6.1 (Edited 630d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
clearelite  +   630d ago
Just here 'cause DaFoe is. I see dafoe i click.
r21  +   630d ago
So you see a Dafoe article, you would Dafoenitely give it a click.
goldwyncq  +   630d ago
What Dafoe!?
#7.2 (Edited 630d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
jc48573  +   630d ago
'the possibilities....fantastic' ;
#8 (Edited 630d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Stoppokingme  +   630d ago
Dafoe, Bacon, only good actors need apply. We don't want every half assed actor trying to cash in on the gaming inustry.

'Tim Allens Kinect Christmas' I shudder at the thought.
EverydayGuy  +   630d ago
As long as A list actors don't charge half the budget just to have them.
Kevlar009  +   630d ago
Dafoe can dominate my industry...

With that I take my leave
yeahokchief  +   630d ago
I don't care one way or the other. But Rockstar moved away from using big names. I'd be insulted too if they were just doing it for the check.
zerocrossing  +   629d ago
With big names sometimes you know you're getting a certain level of quality, but yeah if it was just for the cash and attention then I say no way.
zerocrossing  +   629d ago
"Will Hollywood Actors Dominate the Games Industry?"

It's certainly possible but I don't think it's a good idea, just imagine if David Hayter was never cast as Snake! it wouldn't be the same... So go for who best fits the role, Hollywood actor or not, IMO.
mochachino  +   629d ago
You don't need hollywood actors to have good acting in a game.

There's millions of failed but very talented actors. Use them and save money.
#14 (Edited 629d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply

Dell Starts Shipping Alienware Alpha PC Game Console

13m ago - Dell originally intended for its Alienware Alpha console to be an official Steam Machine, though... | PC

Become a Dragon Knight in ‘Dragoon’, a Virtual Reality Game

16m ago - Hardcore Gamer: If you’ve been on the fence about whether virtual reality is worth all the hubbub... | PC

New Shining Resonance Gameplay Clips Shows Yuuma, Agunamu and Sonia In Action

16m ago - Gamer.ne.jp has shared two new gameplay clips of Shining Resonance featuring both Yuuma, Agunamu... | PS3

Pre-Order Plaza: Week Of November 23-29, 2014

19m ago - Welcome to another Pre-Order Plaza! This week marks a special holiday with Thanksgiving. Thanks t... | PC

Study Game Design at DeVry

2014: A Year of Broken Games

20m ago - What do Driveclub, Halo: The Master Chief Collection, and Assassin's Creed Unity all have in comm... | PC