Submitted by Foolsjoker 667d ago | opinion piece

Will Hollywood Actors Dominate the Games Industry?

"As the ability for gaming to produce more and more lifelike characters increases, the need for talented actors to portray them has been getting attention from Hollywood. With the recent announcement of another famous actor joining the cast of Beyond: Two Souls, the Daily Reaction crew of Seb and Dan discuss the ramifications of bringing on the world’s biggest movie industry into the gaming space."

- Daily Reaction (Beyond: Two Souls, Industry, PS3, PS4, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, Xbox 360, Xbox One)

doctorstrange  +   667d ago
Goddamn, Dafoe is a sexy beast...
Foolsjoker  +   667d ago
I would, and you know he would.
#1.1 (Edited 667d ago ) | Agree(12) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
DwightOwen  +   667d ago
There was a FIRE-FIGHT!!!
camel_toad  +   667d ago
I can't wait to see Jack Black motion captured as Mario.
dboyc310  +   667d ago
"While Heavy Rain suffered from poor acting, Beyond will bring the talent of very experienced actors/actresses like the gorgeous and sexy Willem Dafoe and the creepy-faced Ellen Page." Think they meant to describe Ellen page as gorgeous and Sexy I THINK lol.
konnerbllb  +   667d ago
She will always look like a child to me.
grifter024  +   667d ago
No I think they got it right.
dedicatedtogamers  +   667d ago
Videogames need to be less, not more, like movies. Hiring Hollywood actors costs a ton of money that couldve been spent on other things. Sure, a game like Uncharted or a Bioware title wouldnt be the same without some quality voice-overs, but it isnt necessary in most games.
Wedge19  +   667d ago
As long as it's only Dafoe that is dominating the industry.
TrendyGamers  +   667d ago
Dafoe as the main character of Modern Warfare 4?
doctorstrange  +   667d ago
Dafoek?
Wedge19  +   666d ago
Let's see some Uncharted starring Willem Drake, or Nathan Dafoe.
clearelite  +   667d ago
Exactly, Defoe is the man. A few others might be welcome as well but this is NOT the movie industry.

I think the author used the word "talented" and "hollywood" in the same sentence and they don't always go hand and hand.

@drstrange: what dafoek?

@trendygamers: Defoe wouldn't even finish reading the script.
#3.2 (Edited 667d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
CaitSith  +   667d ago
AVENGE ME!
SlowBurn  +   667d ago
Hopefully we will see an increase in price to accommodate for Hollywood wash-ups finding a way to avoid exposure while cashing some significant cheques.
TenSteps  +   667d ago
I wonder if by the end will he be a friend or Dafoe?
InMyOpinion  +   667d ago
I think he will..em...wait, someone's calling me on Dafoen.
#6.1 (Edited 667d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
clearelite  +   667d ago
Just here 'cause DaFoe is. I see dafoe i click.
r21  +   667d ago
So you see a Dafoe article, you would Dafoenitely give it a click.
goldwyncq  +   667d ago
What Dafoe!?
#7.2 (Edited 667d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
jc48573  +   667d ago
'the possibilities....fantastic' ;
#8 (Edited 667d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Stoppokingme  +   667d ago
Dafoe, Bacon, only good actors need apply. We don't want every half assed actor trying to cash in on the gaming inustry.

'Tim Allens Kinect Christmas' I shudder at the thought.
EverydayGuy  +   667d ago
As long as A list actors don't charge half the budget just to have them.
Kevlar009  +   667d ago
Dafoe can dominate my industry...

With that I take my leave
yeahokchief  +   667d ago
I don't care one way or the other. But Rockstar moved away from using big names. I'd be insulted too if they were just doing it for the check.
zerocrossing  +   667d ago
With big names sometimes you know you're getting a certain level of quality, but yeah if it was just for the cash and attention then I say no way.
zerocrossing  +   667d ago
"Will Hollywood Actors Dominate the Games Industry?"

It's certainly possible but I don't think it's a good idea, just imagine if David Hayter was never cast as Snake! it wouldn't be the same... So go for who best fits the role, Hollywood actor or not, IMO.
mochachino  +   666d ago
You don't need hollywood actors to have good acting in a game.

There's millions of failed but very talented actors. Use them and save money.
#14 (Edited 666d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply

Dragon Age Inquisition Ten High Dragons Guide

4m ago - This is a guide on the ten high dragons of Dragon Age Inquisition. | PC

Cara Ellison's Top 10 Games of 2014

8m ago - Cara Ellison spent 2014 traveling the globe, yet somehow she still found a way to play enough ga... | PC

Xbox One Gears of War Remastered Bundle. Could it happen?

10m ago - Gears of War (excluding Halo) is probably the biggest franchise to ever grace the Xbox, the trilo... | Xbox

Fan Theory for Zelda U Paints Interesting Story and Progression

39m ago - ZI: Theories are fun, and they are really fun when we're talking about the unknown aspects of Zel... | Wii U

Win a PS4!!

Now - Join us on Filmwatch to find out how you can win a free PS4 this holiday season! | Promoted post

Should Sheik Return in a Future Zelda Entry?

39m ago - ZI: While Nintendo finally ended the primary debate regarding Sheik just this year, between Hyrul... | Culture