French gaming site Jeuxactu played a five hour preview of GTA IV and have written their own review of the gameplay. After the wave of previews last week, not much of this may seem new, but here are some points worth mentioning (translated by BenDeR_):
* It took 5 years and 300 people to develop GTA IV.
* The smallest details have been taken into account, from non-working bulbs to newspapers flying in the wind.
* Peds live their lives like any other human. Law Enforcement Agencies will be checking papers, a businessman is walking faster than other peds, a woman is making a phone call in a phone booth, and so on.
* They talk about Liberty City being as big as San Andreas.
* Bodybuilding will no longer be in the game and you won't be able to make money by buying businesses anymore.
* If you commit a very serious crime, the army will be against you. You'll see heavily armed soldiers.
* By keeping good relationships, Niko may have some clues for future missions.
* According to the website, it'll take 60 to 70 hours to complete the game.
* Italians, Puerto Ricans, Russians, Jamaicans, Chinese Triad and Mafia are some of GTAIV's gangs.
* It might take more than one try to start a car or a motorbike.
The total time of gameplay in GTA IV has been given some contradictory reports. In 2007 previews reported that it would take 130+ hours, the later previews reported that it'll require 100 hours, while this one states 60 to 70 hours - we can't be quite sure of the actual timing, so take this information for what it's worth.