Submitted by Stunt 786d ago | news

Willem Dafoe, Ellen Page Star in BEYOND: Two Souls October 8th

Posted by Derek Osgood // Associate Product Marketing Manager, Sony Computer Entertainment America -

Last year at E3 we announced the much anticipated title from Heavy Rain creators Quantic Dream and the mind of visionary director David Cage. BEYOND: Two Souls is a psychological action thriller starring Oscar nominee Ellen Page (Inception, Juno) in the lead role of Jodie Holmes and featuring Quantic Dream’s unique brand of gameplay. (Beyond: Two Souls, PS3)

Credit url: gematsu.com
Attached Video
Alternative Sources
nrvalleytime  +   786d ago
Having Dafeo here is great. The more that we cross boundries and create games that are cinematic and contain brilliant narrative, the more our industry will be respected as a viable genre. We're at the dawn of a new age of games, people - I can't wait to see this in action.
#1 (Edited 786d ago ) | Agree(27) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
ArmGunar  +   786d ago
His name remembers me the episode of How I Met Your Mother ^^
(or Spiderman of course)

Nice to see him in the game !
8GB_DDR3   786d ago | Spam
j-blaze  +   786d ago
i'm not familiar with this actor but the facial animations, look and graphics are superb! can't wait for this game!
bageara  +   786d ago
You've never seen Platoon!!!? C'mon guys
neoMAXMLC  +   786d ago
I really liked him in Boondock Saints.
opoikl  +   786d ago
Platoon, The Boondock Saints and Antichrist (amongst others) say hello! Check these movies out, you're doing yourself a favor.
dboyc310  +   786d ago
Green Goblin from Spider Man movie dude!!
camel_toad  +   786d ago
I definitely get a video game boner from this. Can't wait. Loved everything Quantic Dream has done since Omikron.

Quantic Dream is so good at making the player forget about their own world and pulling them into theirs.
r21  +   786d ago
Looks like those William Dafoe rumors back then were true. And wow, just like Ellen, QD literally put Dafoe into the game :O
Emilio_Estevez  +   786d ago
I think that's really cool as well. It looks exactly like him!
Dragos75  +   786d ago
They did a good job. Looks just like him.
Wizziokid  +   786d ago
I'm so excited to play this!
ANIALATOR136  +   786d ago
I love the addition of dafoe but october :(
SolidGear3  +   786d ago
Better late than never ^_^
Walker  +   786d ago
The facial animations and face design looks Revolutionary !!!
jollygoodchap8  +   786d ago
Wow this game looks great! Dafoes enthusiasm about the whole project is awesome.

Edit: Also <3 Ellen Page.
#7 (Edited 786d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Root  +   786d ago
You know I could see more actors in the future doing this sort of thing. I bet for most of them it's a nice change from Hollywood

You know what they should do...an Alien game, survival horror, Ripley, Sigourney Weaver
nrvalleytime  +   786d ago
Developed by Gearbox Software?

Just kidding. In fact, here's another alternative - Rocksteady. Think of what they could do with the Alien IP.
Godmars290  +   786d ago
I know someone who's going to be too happy about this:

Related video
#9 (Edited 786d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
HonestDragon  +   786d ago
That...is so freaking cool! I can't wait for this game!
majiebeast  +   786d ago
You can hate on Cage all you want but atleast he is taking a step towards blurring the lines of videogames and movies.
#11 (Edited 786d ago ) | Agree(18) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
8GB_DDR3   786d ago | Spam
LightofDarkness  +   786d ago
The real question is: is that a line we want to blur or cross? I don't think that becoming more like movies is a good direction for gaming, as they'll frankly never be as good as movies at being movies. That's just common sense.

I'll always be more impressed by games that convey story through gameplay and without interruption. That's how videogames can mature and become more like "art"; but trying to ape movies - especially Hollywood movies - all in the name of maturity, seems utterly shortsighted and is averse to what makes games great: interactivity and gameplay.
#11.2 (Edited 786d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
patriotZero  +   786d ago
Downgrade
CGI-Quality  +   786d ago
Er, what?
younglj01  +   786d ago
.........woW
Vallagard  +   786d ago
Amazing! Because of this video, I am way more excited than I was before for the game. Now... it's time to wait.
first1NFANTRY  +   786d ago
It's an all star cast. Defoe is one of my favourite actors.

Like I needed more of a reason to buy this game. Day 1 for sure!!!
clearelite  +   786d ago
Defoe is perfect for this and one of the actors I welcome into the video game industry. He is very well respected yet manages to keep a somewhat low profile.
GribbleGrunger  +   786d ago
And that is THIS gen ... can you imagine what Cage will be doing with tech that can create that old man's face at the playstation meeting. Can't wait for this game and I can't wait for next gen

From the PSblog:

'Keep following our news. As someone who’s played those games as well I can honestly say Beyond is an evolution in more than just the talent involved.'
#16 (Edited 786d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
DarthJay  +   786d ago
I was on the fence with this game before, but Willem Dafoe definitely swerves me into the must buy category. I really enjoy his acting. Sold.
JohnApocalypse  +   786d ago
10/10 from Destructoid. They come up with movie pitches for him of their podcast

black911  +   786d ago
Sony You better Promote the Heck out out his game! This game needed a Superbowl Ad.
dumahim  +   786d ago
A superbowl ad for a game that comes out in Oct?
Y_5150  +   786d ago
Preordering this game when I pick up God of War Acsension! Enough said, this game has joined my hype train!
Gamer-40  +   786d ago
Awesome movie!
Sorry, game.
HorrorGod  +   786d ago
Dafoe is one of the great ones. Awesome addition to the cast.
This is the last "major" PS3 exclusive before the PS4 drops. Very much looking forward to it.
GribbleGrunger  +   786d ago
The fact that a high profile actor can now sell a game in the same way they can sell movies is a huge leap over how things have been done in the past. Games are about to move into a whole new sphere and we the gamer are going to benefit. We could be witnessing a new era, not just in visuals and gameplay, but in how games are perceived throughout the world. I envy all those youngsters who are about to begin this journey.
haggishurler  +   786d ago
He was good in everything or nothing I used to love that game.
blackbirdi  +   786d ago
October 8th !!! no really bad timing :/
RespectedDesperado  +   786d ago
Didnt know it had Kadeem Hardison in this game as well, saw him in the 2nd video.

Sekai Project Showcases Two New Visual Novel Trailers

4m ago - For the past few years there have only really been two established visual novel publishers around... | PC

WWE 2K - Mobile Game Review | Game Mob

8m ago - A look at the mobile game of WWE's first wrestling simulation. The controls is the main issue wit... | iPhone

Help Myriad get through Steam Greenlight!

Now - Myriad is a twin-stick shooter that grows more beautiful the better you play, where you build and then destroy the game space in glorious chain rea... | Promoted post

Play GTA V as a Horse, Cat, Broomhandle and Visit North Dakota

8m ago - Another modder has taken the time to let players explore a shortly visited area in the world of G... | PC

Long live the PS...P?

8m ago - Despite being a little older than 10 years old, PSP can still offer western players new gaming ex... | PSP

Escape Machines Preview | 3rd-strike

8m ago - Bart writes: "Most flash games have an edge of addictiveness to them. Escape Machines takes pr... | PC