Submitted by Stunt 509d ago | news

Willem Dafoe, Ellen Page Star in BEYOND: Two Souls October 8th

Posted by Derek Osgood // Associate Product Marketing Manager, Sony Computer Entertainment America -

Last year at E3 we announced the much anticipated title from Heavy Rain creators Quantic Dream and the mind of visionary director David Cage. BEYOND: Two Souls is a psychological action thriller starring Oscar nominee Ellen Page (Inception, Juno) in the lead role of Jodie Holmes and featuring Quantic Dream’s unique brand of gameplay. (Beyond: Two Souls, PS3)

Credit url: gematsu.com
Attached Video
Alternative Sources
nrvalleytime  +   509d ago
Having Dafeo here is great. The more that we cross boundries and create games that are cinematic and contain brilliant narrative, the more our industry will be respected as a viable genre. We're at the dawn of a new age of games, people - I can't wait to see this in action.
#1 (Edited 509d ago ) | Agree(27) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
ArmGunar  +   509d ago
His name remembers me the episode of How I Met Your Mother ^^
(or Spiderman of course)

Nice to see him in the game !
8GB_DDR3   509d ago | Spam
j-blaze  +   509d ago
i'm not familiar with this actor but the facial animations, look and graphics are superb! can't wait for this game!
bageara  +   509d ago
You've never seen Platoon!!!? C'mon guys
neoMAXMLC  +   509d ago
I really liked him in Boondock Saints.
opoikl  +   509d ago
Platoon, The Boondock Saints and Antichrist (amongst others) say hello! Check these movies out, you're doing yourself a favor.
dboyc310  +   509d ago
Green Goblin from Spider Man movie dude!!
camel_toad  +   509d ago
I definitely get a video game boner from this. Can't wait. Loved everything Quantic Dream has done since Omikron.

Quantic Dream is so good at making the player forget about their own world and pulling them into theirs.
r21  +   509d ago
Looks like those William Dafoe rumors back then were true. And wow, just like Ellen, QD literally put Dafoe into the game :O
Emilio_Estevez  +   509d ago
I think that's really cool as well. It looks exactly like him!
Dragos75  +   509d ago
They did a good job. Looks just like him.
Wizziokid  +   509d ago
I'm so excited to play this!
ANIALATOR136  +   509d ago
I love the addition of dafoe but october :(
SolidGear3  +   508d ago
Better late than never ^_^
Walker  +   509d ago
The facial animations and face design looks Revolutionary !!!
jollygoodchap8  +   509d ago
Wow this game looks great! Dafoes enthusiasm about the whole project is awesome.

Edit: Also <3 Ellen Page.
#7 (Edited 509d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Root  +   509d ago
You know I could see more actors in the future doing this sort of thing. I bet for most of them it's a nice change from Hollywood

You know what they should do...an Alien game, survival horror, Ripley, Sigourney Weaver
nrvalleytime  +   509d ago
Developed by Gearbox Software?

Just kidding. In fact, here's another alternative - Rocksteady. Think of what they could do with the Alien IP.
Godmars290  +   509d ago
I know someone who's going to be too happy about this:

Related video
#9 (Edited 509d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
HonestDragon  +   509d ago
That...is so freaking cool! I can't wait for this game!
majiebeast  +   509d ago
You can hate on Cage all you want but atleast he is taking a step towards blurring the lines of videogames and movies.
#11 (Edited 509d ago ) | Agree(18) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
8GB_DDR3   509d ago | Spam
LightofDarkness  +   509d ago
The real question is: is that a line we want to blur or cross? I don't think that becoming more like movies is a good direction for gaming, as they'll frankly never be as good as movies at being movies. That's just common sense.

I'll always be more impressed by games that convey story through gameplay and without interruption. That's how videogames can mature and become more like "art"; but trying to ape movies - especially Hollywood movies - all in the name of maturity, seems utterly shortsighted and is averse to what makes games great: interactivity and gameplay.
#11.2 (Edited 509d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
patriotZero  +   509d ago
Downgrade
CGI-Quality  +   509d ago
Er, what?
younglj01  +   509d ago
.........woW
Vallagard  +   509d ago
Amazing! Because of this video, I am way more excited than I was before for the game. Now... it's time to wait.
first1NFANTRY  +   509d ago
It's an all star cast. Defoe is one of my favourite actors.

Like I needed more of a reason to buy this game. Day 1 for sure!!!
clearelite  +   509d ago
Defoe is perfect for this and one of the actors I welcome into the video game industry. He is very well respected yet manages to keep a somewhat low profile.
GribbleGrunger  +   509d ago
And that is THIS gen ... can you imagine what Cage will be doing with tech that can create that old man's face at the playstation meeting. Can't wait for this game and I can't wait for next gen

From the PSblog:

'Keep following our news. As someone who’s played those games as well I can honestly say Beyond is an evolution in more than just the talent involved.'
#16 (Edited 509d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
DarthJay  +   509d ago
I was on the fence with this game before, but Willem Dafoe definitely swerves me into the must buy category. I really enjoy his acting. Sold.
JohnApocalypse  +   509d ago
10/10 from Destructoid. They come up with movie pitches for him of their podcast

black911  +   509d ago
Sony You better Promote the Heck out out his game! This game needed a Superbowl Ad.
dumahim  +   509d ago
A superbowl ad for a game that comes out in Oct?
Y_5150  +   509d ago
Preordering this game when I pick up God of War Acsension! Enough said, this game has joined my hype train!
Gamer-40  +   509d ago
Awesome movie!
Sorry, game.
HorrorGod  +   509d ago
Dafoe is one of the great ones. Awesome addition to the cast.
This is the last "major" PS3 exclusive before the PS4 drops. Very much looking forward to it.
GribbleGrunger  +   509d ago
The fact that a high profile actor can now sell a game in the same way they can sell movies is a huge leap over how things have been done in the past. Games are about to move into a whole new sphere and we the gamer are going to benefit. We could be witnessing a new era, not just in visuals and gameplay, but in how games are perceived throughout the world. I envy all those youngsters who are about to begin this journey.
haggishurler  +   509d ago
He was good in everything or nothing I used to love that game.
blackbirdi  +   509d ago
October 8th !!! no really bad timing :/
RespectedDesperado  +   509d ago
Didnt know it had Kadeem Hardison in this game as well, saw him in the 2nd video.

First Look at ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Series Hero

8m ago - Xbox has provided the first look of Agent Locke, the lead character played Mike Colter in the upc... | Xbox One

Bombing Bastards Will Make You Drop F-Bombs – Indie Corner Feature

1h ago - Jason explores the teeth-grinding Bombing Bastards while trying to keep his anger in check. Ever... | Wii U

The Ultimate Competitive Guide to Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS

2h ago - NE: "This guide took 7 staff members 6 weeks to create. It covers every known character and br... | Wii U

Heroes of the Storm 23 July Tech Alpha patch notes released – There’s big changes

2h ago - This Heroes of the Storm update might be a bit controversial with it’s new Artifact slots but it’... | PC

Start Making Games for the PS4

Alien: Isolation Comic Con Demo Playable in Massive Alien Egg Pod

2h ago - SEGA is giving Alien fans the opportunity to play Alien: Isolation in a massive alien egg pod exc... | PC