Submitted by Valay 567d ago | news

THQ will sell off remaining IP such as Darksiders

GE: "A majority of THQ's most-popular IPs have found new homes. There are some franchises, however, that have yet to be auctioned off." (PC, PS3, Wii U, Xbox 360)

Alternative Sources
nrvalleytime  +   567d ago
The sale begins on April 1st... some dark humor there.
sinncross  +   567d ago
I really want Sony to pick up Darksiders.

That IP would be a great extension to their IP list, as opposed to being buried underneath what they already do.
Godchild1020  +   567d ago
Platinum Games, Sony Santa Monica, Team Ninja, Kojima (At Least for the story and cut scenes, with Platinum to do the combat), Visceral Games, Capcom or maybe Ninja Theory.
WooHooAlex  +   567d ago
The problem is, that game didn't sell we'll enough when it was on multiple platforms. I can't imagine it would do very well as an exclusive. Even though it would be cool to see.
#1.1.2 (Edited 567d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(1) | Report
pr0t0typeknuckles  +   567d ago
Somebody please just buy darksiders, it deserves to be brought.
Ult iMate  +   567d ago
I would kickstart the Darksiders 3, if developers decide to.
SlapHappyJesus  +   567d ago
Vigil themselves have already been brought in by Crytek.

The Darksiders IP, however ... that is up in the air.
TruthbeTold  +   567d ago
I think someone will, but I'm more interested in one of these console companies to pick up the developers themselves. They seem like good developers who need a new start and a little guidance in order to step up to an amazing level.

I'd be glad if any of Nintendo, Sony or MS pick them up, but I prefer Nintendo pick them up and put them on the Zelda teams.
Eldyraen  +   567d ago
I forgot they did Titan Quest... was a great PC game (one of the better Diabloesque games by far).

Hopefully some publishers/developers pick up some of these as really enjoyed quite a few of their games throughout the years, some of which I didn't remember they did until seeing this.
kennethchew  +   567d ago
Darksiders and Red Faction...
NYC_Gamer  +   567d ago
I hope Sega buys Homeworld since they own Relic
#5 (Edited 567d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Drainage  +   567d ago
none worth buying.
Enemy  +   567d ago
Darksiders was one of the best new IPs this gen and doesn't deserve to die.
#6.1 (Edited 567d ago ) | Agree(12) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
whamlollypop7  +   567d ago
I hope darksiders finds a good home.
Temporary  +   567d ago
Darksiders and Darksiders 2 are some of the best games i played this Gen. I really hope they get picked up.
Danniemon  +   567d ago
Hopefully whoever buys Lot 5 makes a Destroy All Humans HD collection for Vita.
MacDonagh  +   567d ago
Quick! Somebody buy Udraw!
N4Gs_Reckoning   567d ago | Spam
NYC_Gamer  +   567d ago
Lets start a kickstarter for Udraw
#10.2 (Edited 567d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Sharius  +   567d ago
If sony buy darksider ip i want them to make the reboot version with gow style not just a simple continue the series from where is left of
ScytheX3  +   567d ago
ill give em $20.00 right now hard u.s cash.
gamer42  +   567d ago
Developers I think will do the Darksiders franchise justice and better:
Naughty Dog
Platinum
Retro Studios
Team Ninja
Gearbox(lol, NO!!! :p)
#13 (Edited 567d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
e-p-ayeaH  +   567d ago
Only hack n slash experts can make it justice team ninja is not one of those not anymore.
#13.1 (Edited 567d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
pr0t0typeknuckles  +   567d ago
platinum games would be a perfect fit.
just-joe  +   566d ago
Retro is a subsidiary of Nintendo and seeing as people flipped out about Bayonetta 2 coming out for the Wii U, something tells me people would freak even more if Darksiders was exlusive to Nintendo.
BlackWolf  +   567d ago
I just hope Darksiers finds a good home. It's a brilliant series that deserves more time to shine. I'll be happy if a competent dev team picks it up.
Soldierone  +   567d ago
They have some shooters in there that could get some milk from another company. I actually liked the first Full Spectrum Warrior.

Juiced is another one that could easily compete with NFS under the right developer.
ironfist92  +   567d ago
I hope Red Faction and Darksiders gets great sequels, instead of being unbought and forgotten.
e-p-ayeaH  +   567d ago
What gonna happen with Metro Last Light?

Red Faction needs a home somewhere its sad to see it go away.
ScytheX3  +   567d ago
Metro LL went to Deep Silver so theyll be publishing that now, as for a PSN release completely up to them now. still 4A games as developer so dont think quality will suffer.
RogueStatus28  +   567d ago
Nintendo not only because the guys at Vigil are huge Zelda fans but it would make sense from a gameplay perspective. Also Death would make an appearance in Smash Bros.
stragomccloud  +   566d ago
Really hope Nintendo buys the IP and they get Platinum games to collaborate with Vigil~
stuntman_mike  +   566d ago
I bought Darksiders 2 for £7 on PSN a bargain at that price (i'm sure the company doesnt cost much more lol). excellent game really needs to be snapped up by someone.
#20 (Edited 566d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply

New Conquest mode details for Super Smash Bros. 3DS

36m ago - Super Smash Bros. Director Masahiro Sakurai has revealed new details about Conquest mode, includi... | 3DS

Far Cry 4 ‘Arena Mode’ Teaser Released

43m ago - Hardcore Gamer: New game mode teased for Far Cry 4. | PC

Let's Play - Mario Kart 8

1h ago - Join Gavin, Michael, Ray, and Ryan as they compete in Mario Kart 8. | Wii U

Let's Build in Minecraft - Legends of the Hidden Tower Part 1

1h ago - Lindsay, Kdin, Jeremy, and Matt immerse themselves in Lindsay's Minecraft world and build for Leg... | Culture

Looking for a great Pokemon Community?

Now - Look no further. Join us at the BulbaGarden Forums, the best community for everything Pokemon | Promoted post

Achievement Hunter Presents: Go #47

1h ago - In the 47th episode of GO!, the first person to deliver a car in GTA V becomes this week's victor... | Xbox 360