TR is most certainly a schizophrenic experience, abruptly alternating between lonely exploration and cheesy over the stop spectacle. But against all odds, it succeeds in balancing these two very disjointed experiences with gusto. Great controls and spot-on gameplay shine in both exploration and heavy handed shock sequences. Combat is classic but effective.
- A rich and varied adventure
- Clever progression
- Exploration is pretty well done
- Very good looking
- Quite long
- Implementation of fire
- Too much showy, grand guignol stuff
- Mediocre story and NPCs
- "Oh God, oh sh*t, oh God"
- Survival aspects not fleshed out