Submitted by TheGamerDood 570d ago | video

Diablo 3 on PS3 and PS4 will allow offline play

Diablo 3 will not require a constant internet connection for local multiplayer on the PS3 or PS4, Blizzard production director John Hight has confirmed. "You can have four people on the same screen - no split-screen, we just zoom the camera out. Or if you're offline," (Blizzard, Diablo III, PS3, PS4)

Attached Video
v0rt3x  +   570d ago
Too little too late. Nice to see Blizz screwing about with its oldest (PC) fan base.
jujubee88  +   570d ago
While I can't relate with all that.
I sure do hope this has remote play for play on my vita. SELL YOUR SOUL COMPLETELY TO CONSOLE MINDED GAMERS, BLIZZARD!

Muhahahahaha!!!! ~cough cough cough~

=)
extermin8or  +   569d ago
it will do on the ps4 :p
miyamoto  +   570d ago
dude, what are you saying?
Diablo was offline on PS One too 16 years ago

BTW

great interview!

and I wonder what that surprise game they said at PS meeting...WoW?
#1.2 (Edited 570d ago ) | Agree(15) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
ab5olut10n  +   570d ago
Hahaha, too right. My roomie and I played Diablo 1 on my fat ps3 before it died, hella good game, withstood the test of time.
TheGamerDood  +   570d ago
Too late for what? PC users are the ones that have issue with Blizzard, console users don't have beef and will probably eat this isht up when it comes out.

By the way if anyone was wondering if the PS4 will allow users to play offline, here's your answer. ha!
#1.3 (Edited 570d ago ) | Agree(11) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
EmperorDalek  +   570d ago
You talk as though people who game on one don't game on the other. To think there are 70+ million PS3s and none of their owners game on PC...wow....really?
RememberThe357  +   570d ago
FYI, John Hight used to be a producer for Sony. Now that I see that he went to Blizzard, this all makes a little more sense. I wonder if Sony will try to get Blizzard exclusivity the way MS has Activation exclusivity.
Persistantthug  +   570d ago
PS3 & PS4 definitive version?
taiyed80  +   569d ago
got 120hz? didn't think so
Blackdeath_663  +   570d ago
soz i can't relate to that since i'm not a blizzard fan nor have i been a pc gamer for too long. i can understand that your pissed off if they messed up diablo3 on pc i can understand if your still pissed of about that. i don't however understand the people who are pissed off that consoles are getting these features wouldn't it just mean that the next blizzard pc game will also have these features too? isn't that a good thing to see they've learnt from their mistakes? anyhow i'm happy you don't have to always be online that should never be compulsory especially if you have to pay for it (if the xbox rumours hold true)
animegamingnerd  +   570d ago
now patch to play offline play in the PC version
TheGamerDood  +   570d ago
Only if you guys promise not to steal it. heh
#2.1 (Edited 570d ago ) | Agree(14) | Disagree(7) | Report | Reply
akaakaaka  +   570d ago
lol
papashango  +   570d ago
Meh it sold more than any ps3 exclusive on pc...lol
iamgoatman  +   570d ago
Well the game sold at least 12 million copies in 2012 (who says PC games don't sell?) so I doubt piracy is that much of a concern to them now. Maybe it's time they gave something back to their original fan base that should have been there from the beginning.
Skips  +   570d ago
^^^

And like 12 million more people pirated it. XD
#2.1.4 (Edited 570d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(4) | Report
RyuCloudStrife  +   570d ago
PC isn't powerful enough to handle offline play on Diablo 3.
torchic  +   570d ago
lol this was a good troll, 10/10 bravo.
Virtual_Reality  +   570d ago
I think Diablo 3 will put in the shadow Warrior's Lair.

Warrior's Lair will offer PS3/PS Vita cross play features, if you buy PS3 version you have free the PS Vita version, and hopefully they can implement D3 with PS3/PS4 cross play.
#3 (Edited 570d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
DaThreats  +   570d ago
Think it will shine on the Vita
Ultr  +   570d ago
Warriors lair... Yeah that game was once cool. not where is it... it would have been killer at launch, or half year later.. but now...? I dont care about it
JohnApocalypse  +   570d ago
So no Error 37
Walker  +   570d ago
Bad news for PC gamers !
karlowma  +   570d ago
Chris Metzen looks so goddamn hardcore.
sherimae2413  +   570d ago
i want to play this game on my vita
but i need to have that ps4 first ^_^
landog  +   570d ago
console is a completely different platform, not everyone with a ps3 has a stable and constant internet connect believe it or not, most people with a gaming pc do

can't we (as pc gamers) just be happy for ps3 people??

i didnt hear ps3 and 360 gamers crying when we got dark souls with a ton of dlc for half the price (and it looked way better after Durante fixed it with his ultra high res mod)

i'm glad console gamers are getting it, diablo 3 is a great game, my wife and i played it and were absolutely addicted for a good 40 hours

have fun with it guys, play it with some friends or family, its WAY better that way!

I tried going back and playing it alone a while ago and it was just kinda, mehhh....I mean, its a great dungeon crawler, best thing since baldurs gate dark allience and champions of norrath on ps2, but like those, so much more fun with your friends/family
#8 (Edited 570d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
Bladesfist  +   570d ago
Where is the real landog O.o

I played the demo and it seemed ok however I went with Torchlight 2 for the mod support and offline play.
landog  +   570d ago
hey man im serious about wanting everyone to enjoy all games, if i was a billionare i would put gaming rigs in everyones houses who wanted one, and get ps3's for kids who couldn't afford them, or 360's and 3ds's

i know i defend pc all the time, i just get tired of all the misinformation spread about my favorite platform,

but i'm a gamer, tonight, before bed, i'll be playing a psp game, i played disgaea 4 after dinner for about 45 min, then, i played crysis 3 multiplayer with my brother on pc for a while
(btw, multiplayer in crysis 3....ehhh.....it sure looks pretty maxed out but...i dunno, maybe i gotta give it more of a chance,)

anyway, i know i come off as a console basher at times, but i love my consoles, i'll be getting a ps4 day one as well, very impressed with the sony day 2-20, cannot wait
Bladesfist  +   570d ago
Good to hear it, PC is my favourite platform as well and I took my turn of defending it from all the misinformation but now N4G seems to have too many crazy PC elitists, glad you are in the rational camp.
#8.2 (Edited 570d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
pedroyamato  +   570d ago
But but but I thought only wii u get old games port?!!!
Ritsujun  +   570d ago
Try harder, PedoYamato.
#9.1 (Edited 570d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
Tiqila  +   570d ago
I had enough hack'n'slay games after playing d3 and torchlight II.

I'm not pissed that d3 comes to ps4, just disappointed blizzard hasnt made some new stuff... yeah i know, keep on dreamin
TemplarDante  +   570d ago
Now I will consider this :)
Sorry pc guys, if you want to game offline in Diablo 3, console is the way to go :)

This is the number 1 reason I held back buying on pc.
chobit_A5HL3Y  +   570d ago
i hope they bring tera to ps4 o3o
NeoTribe  +   570d ago
I would love to play d3 on ps4, problem is im sure they wont let me use my pc blizzard account. Theres no way in hell im startin over. Got like 200 hours on my demon hunter as it is.
telekeneticmantis  +   570d ago
This sounds
pretty good.
kevnb  +   570d ago
consoles themselves are already enough drm.
josephayal  +   569d ago
The best version
pennywhyz  +   569d ago
Blizzard makes low spec games for lower end PC's.PC gamers dont care about blizzard their games have been going to shit anyway.DIABLO 3 IS NOT WORTH $60.
#17 (Edited 569d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
kevnb  +   569d ago
diablo 3 was bad for a blizard game, but would be awesome for most studios.
R_aVe_N  +   569d ago
I am going to say this is a timed exclusive for PS3 and PS4
IcicleTrepan  +   569d ago
I think you are probably correct, it's either timed, or they're just not talking about the 360/720 yet. All the rumors from months ago were that they had a working build already running on the 360. I have it for PC already, and I would buy it for xbox if some of my friends did, it would be a fun game to play on Live. I'm sure it will be equally as fun on PSN but I don't have as many friends that are using that.
extermin8or  +   569d ago
Reason why is because the PS4 is a new console and therefore harder to pirate for than pc, plus even if it was hacked who is going to be willing to burn/download such a large game...

eGamer Podcast 98: Double Crunch Of Destiny

2h ago - Recorded 16 September 2014, this is episode 98 of the eGamer podcast. Topics discussed this week... | PC

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Gets Dual Language Tracks in All Releases

2h ago - Hardcore Gamer: Prepare for plenty of options for your Final Fantasy Type-0 HD language tracks, r... | PS4

TGS 2014: Day 1 – Booth Staff Gallery

2h ago - Parallax Play: "The Tokyo Game Show has begun it's 4 day long event for another year, showing off... | Culture

The Sims 4 Review | CoinOpTV

2h ago - At a glance The Sims 4 could have easily been called ‘The Slims 4′ as many of the features that f... | PC

Destiny The Game

Now - Explore Mars, Rediscover Venus, Reclaim the moon, Protect Earth. Become Legend. The wait is over! Destiny is now available to play, Pick up your... | Promoted post

Dead Island: Epidemic Introduces New Character in "Surivor Lowdown" Video Series

3h ago - Stunlock Studios, the developer behind the Dead Island MOBA spinoff Dead Island: Epidemic, has st... | PC