Try our new beta! Click here
Submitted by -Mezzo- 1008d ago | opinion piece

What are Microsoft's First-Party Studios Up To?

IGN - Something next-gen is afoot. We snoop around and try to figure out what each of Microsoft's own internal development studios are making. (Microsoft, Xbox 360, Xbox One)

Mikefizzled  +   1008d ago
Black Tusk could be key for Microsoft winning some credibility back next gen. Hopefully the 2nd team at 343 are making Halo Wars 2 since the first was a solid console RTS.
#1 (Edited 1008d ago ) | Agree(12) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
FarCryLover182  +   1008d ago
I heard that they might be making a Halo MMO or something along that sort.
user3915800  +   1008d ago
Well Killer INSTINCT 3, illumiroom its good enough for us core gamers and the 4 new ips releasing with console as stated by MS. kinnect exercising games lol... for the ladies and casuals.

Pre ordering pizza for the reveal.
GoldenMonkey34   1008d ago | Spam
MikeMyers  +   1008d ago
"What are Microsoft's First-Party Studios Up To?"

Hopefully new ip's and not making different soles for the bottom of the shoes for our Avatars. A new Halo Wars would be cool, I like the last one but I want to see a lot of focus on new ip's that are hardcore games.
Mikefizzled  +   1008d ago
Well there is reports that there is a number of new ips whether or not they are true is remaining to be seen but I have higher hopes then I did earlier this gen.
EverydayGuy  +   1007d ago
Well I heard they are making an app for Kinect, the camera can scan your body, and you can try on clothes for free before buying it. JK

I hope they go back the the original XBOX days and release a bunch of real exclusives that you can't play anywhere else.
Aceman18  +   1008d ago
well hopefully they show me games other than Halo, Gears, Forza, and Fable.

they need to show me that they can get the variety i look for in my exclusives. it they do this, and not shove kinect casual crap down my throat then they might get my hard earned money.
maniacmayhem  +   1008d ago
I would rather MS hit us with a surprise launch of a superior Crackdown 3 or a bad a$% Perfect Dark. Save those other established titles for later in the consoles life.

And I agree with Mike above, a Halo Wars 2 would be great to see. Take a chance on making RTS's popular on consoles. Maybe change it up a bit to play like DOTA or LoL.
#2 (Edited 1008d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(6) | Report | Reply
the_hitman3000  +   1008d ago
I know where you're coming from with wanting those other titles but lets face it a early Halo game will sell the system. I may not be an Xbox gamer but I'm curios to see if there first party line up will be better then the 360's
josephayal  +   1008d ago
I trust in 343 and can't wait to see what a next gen Halo will look like
shutUpAndTakeMyMoney  +   1008d ago
Epic is first party??

But I understand xbox games tend to like shooter more than any other console platform. Also I like the name black tusk.

Poor list though. It really shows were MS's focus has been. I think they open some new studios few months back.
#4 (Edited 1008d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(8) | Report | Reply
whoyouwit04  +   1008d ago
"I think it sucks that MS opened a new studio to make a FPS. As if there are not enough of them." Really.

xbox gamers love FPS the most, That's funny coming from a sony fan because the one ps4 game you all hyped up the most is kill zone 4. What that be? Me thinks it's a FPS boss, can you say double standard.and how can it be a poor list when it's a assumption.
Kalowest  +   1008d ago
343 Industries isn't working on Halo 5 at the moment, but it is a game set in the Halo universe.

Turn 10 are busy making Forza Motorsport 5, but PG5 is most likely going to be shown at E3.

Rare, Alot of ppl hate them now and thats not going to change for awhile. IMO Rare has been MS bread and butter.

Black Tusk are actually working on 4 new IPs

Microsoft Studios LA needs to make "Xbox TV" similar to TechTV and hire Adam Sessler.

Lift London seems like a good company and hopefully they'll use Xbox Smartglass to its fullest.

Microsoft KALE are working on "Kinect TV". Is it wrong to be 21 and want to play a Sesame Street Kinect game.

MS most likely has other new IPs, that haven't been announced yet.
SJPFTW  +   1008d ago
They are working on Halo 5. 4 was a start of a trilogy. The job posting was for a game set in the "Halo Universe"... no where in the wording hints that it is NOT Halo 5.
whoyouwit04  +   1008d ago
you are wrong they had a job post a few months back and it exact words were they were making a game set in the halo universe that is not a sequel or part of the main line, besides it's a two team studio do you really think 2 teams are working on one game. If that's the case then naughty dog a 2 team studio are using both teams to work on the Last Of Us, But we know that's not true just we know both teams at 343 aren't working on Halo 5, This second team was working on halo anniversary why the main team worked on halo 4.
Father Murder X  +   1008d ago
I hope they let 343 so something other than Halo. The cgi in Halo is the best I have ever seen video game or movie.
itz_zombies  +   1008d ago
You need to play more games and watch more movies.
HappyTrigger  +   1008d ago
Let's just get this out of the way: "KINECT LOLOL!" "No new Core IPs" "Core, core, core, core", "Core gamer", "No more Halo, Gears, Fable, Forza", "More CORE".

Alrighty then, time for MS to show us what games they have for us. 2 months is too long of a wait.. That's the rumor right? April 26th? :/
GoldenMonkey34   1008d ago | Spam
NastyLeftHook0   1008d ago | Trolling | show | Replies(1)
Convas  +   1008d ago
Lionhead - Fable IP

Remedy - Alan Wake 2 (PLEASE!)

Rare - Kinect of Course, but hopefully a new IP or Banjo/Perfect Dark

Twisted Pixel - Who knows, New IP

Black Tusk - New IP

Microsoft Studios Los Angeles - New IP

Microsoft Studios Redmond - They are overseeing and co-devving multiple 3rd party stuff

Platform Next Studios - New IP

Turn 10 - Forza Next-Gen

Press Play/BigPark/MS Studios Victoria also working on next-gen stuff

I hope MS comes hard. It'll be no fun if Sony is the only player to show up for Next-gen ballin' out of the court.

Playground Games could also be apart of the PGR5 dev-team, EA could be saving BF4 for the NeXbox reveal, etc
#10 (Edited 1008d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Kalowest  +   1008d ago
Twisted Pixel- Are still working on LocoCycle.

Playground Games- Once they're finish with DLC for Horizon, I want them to start on Horizon 2.

Rare- Is busy with 2 or 3 games(one is a new IP or old franchise)

Lionhead- They're working on a Fable MMO

Undead Labs- After State of Decay, they are also going to work on a MMO(most likely a zombie one).

Cryteck and Ruffian Games- Are working om Ryse together.Ruffian games might also make a Crackdown 3, but that's unlikely.

And HELL YES to Alan Wake 2
#10.1 (Edited 1008d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Fyflin  +   1008d ago
First I've heard of a Fable MMO, could be interesting. I want to see Alan Wake 2 and hopefully a few new IPs to kick next gen off in style.
RogueStatus28  +   1008d ago
Turn 10~ Project Gotham Racing 5
Black Tusk Studios~ New main IP
Lionhead~ MMO-like New IP
Rare Ltd~ Killer Instinct
dafegamer  +   1008d ago
they need new IP and variety, not just shooters. Give me an Adventure game or a good platformer
StrongMan  +   1008d ago
Well we know what 343 Studios is up to and we know what Turn 10 are up to and we know what Lionhead are up to as well. With MS opening new studios like Kids and Lifestyle Entertainment studios, Playful Learning Studios,and Connected Experiences we pretty much know what that they are up to making more Kinect games.
SDF Repellent  +   1008d ago

And we all know what you are up too alright. Trolling another Microsoft article.
Max-Zorin  +   1008d ago
Shouldn't you be on a PS4 article?
soxfan2005  +   1008d ago
Your just afraid that the next Xbox may be better than the PS4, so you have to pre-emptively attack and troll every positive MS article.

Your fear and desperation are so obvious - "please please please don't let the next Xbox be better than PS4". Your comments make it crystal clear that's what you're thinking.
#14.3 (Edited 1008d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
FarCryLover182  +   1008d ago
Here's a link to the thing that 343 might be making a Halo MMO.

nigelp520  +   1008d ago
Am I the only person that still likes Rare? PDZ, Kameo, Viva Pinata were all great games
PFFT  +   1008d ago
Here is hoping they revive the scrapped Kameo 2 game as a next gen release.
Kalowest  +   1008d ago
Nope, your not the only person! I like all of the Rare games this gen also.
TheRealHeisenberg  +   1008d ago
Anybody know how many studios MS actually has?
Genuine-User  +   1008d ago
They are eating doughnuts. You got a problem?
nigelp520  +   1008d ago
In all honesty give us at least these games

Mechassualt 3
Crimson Skies 2
Project Gotham Racing 5
Killer Instinct 3
Whacked 2
PS4isKing_82  +   1008d ago
Lots and lots and lots and lots of kinect games!!!!!
IWentBrokeForGaming  +   1008d ago
...nothing on 360 that's for sure...
LOL_WUT  +   1008d ago
I wouldn't mind seeing Killer Instinct or some good old platformer on the their new system.
Xer0_SiN  +   1008d ago
how about a whole lot of nothing LOL.

on a side note, it is pretty funny how people with a specific allegiance to the xbox...settle. another fable? another forza? another gears? another halo? oh wait, oh wait...kinect! riiiiight. LOL.

Steins;Gate 0 ‘Kagari Shiina’ gameplay videos

4m ago - 5pb. has released a new set of Steins;Gate 0 gameplay videos featuring character Kagari Shiina. | PS3

Xenoblade Chronicles X Easter Eggs

4m ago - Hidden Gems is a video feature on GVN where they take a look at some of the coolest hidden gems o... | Wii U

US Movie Releases to Look Out For in November

Now - Remember, remember, the films of November! It’s the time of year when the nights draw in, the year winds down and studios line up their most presti... | Promoted post

In Praise of: Multiplayer Civility in From Software Games

4m ago - Maybe it's because From's games tend to attract an older, potentially more mature gamer, but it c... | PC

Revenge of the License: Blair Witch Vol. 3: The Elly Kedward Tale

4m ago - Michael Crisman writes, "Welcome back, my vengeance-seeking boys and ghouls. Halloween may be ove... | PC

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 PS4 demo now available in Japan, fifth trailer

4m ago - Bandai Namco has released a 759MB demo for Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 for PlayStati... | PC