Submitted by Outsider-G 705d ago | news

PlayStation Plus: Plants vs. Zombies Free for Members

North American: Playstation Plus Update for February 26th (Plants vs Zombies, PS Vita, PS3)

Alternative Sources
Donnieboi  +   705d ago
Europe gets Mass Effect 3 and MGS HD Collection -_-
Wow. And guess what: Europe gets Mass Effect 3 AND Metal Gear Solid Collection HD for vita. Wow.

I see that America's fees for ps plus are being used to secure Europe some great games. While American's get cheap, cream-of-the-crAp games.

Zombies is a good little game, but dirt cheap on phones, i'd prefer Mass Effect 3 (or a similarly priced game, like Sleeping Dogs (which EU also got).

Why won't any of these so-called "journalists" on n4g find out why there is such a huge difference in quality between US and EU games? Hit the pavement and get an answer from someone inside Sony. Put this issue in the spotlight.
#1 (Edited 705d ago ) | Agree(22) | Disagree(8) | Report | Reply
BitbyDeath  +   705d ago
EU doesn't get those til next month.
Don't think we get anything this week.
Donnieboi  +   705d ago
Maybe so, but c'mon you know U.S. is NOT getting ME3 and MGS Collection, just like how they didnt give us Sleeping Dogs, Arkham City and a buttload of other games they gave to EU. I won't be optimistically naive like I've been the last few months. US Ps plus is terrible compared to EU. I had this service for 2 years, and now my sub ends in February of 2014. But i'm not happy with the bias towards Europe when I pay the same for ps plus. Also, that crap excuse that Europeans pay more for games in general has nothing to do with American's nor the PS plus fee cost, so that has nothing to do with it. If Europe gets better stuff yet I pay the same amount, then Americans should get the same games, or at least a discount on ps plus for the lower priced/quality games (Oh, but where will Sony take the money to secure EU's high quality games, if they don't take it from American fees? Hmmm...).
#1.1.1 (Edited 705d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(2) | Report
BitbyDeath  +   705d ago
Yea, hasn't been as good.
I still think the difference in content is about the number of subscriptions. EU likely has a lot more than US and can therefore afford better deals.

US is more Xbox orientated, maybe nextgen will be different.
#1.1.2 (Edited 705d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(0) | Report
imtheman2013  +   705d ago
I totally agree. I mean, yeah we get some nice games as well, and PS+ is definitely worth it. But MGS HD and ME3?? They also go Batman Arkham City a while back! I would love to get those games for free...

Though, Vanquish is quite a nice game. Sleeper-hit if you ask me.
majiebeast  +   705d ago
Thats March the US list for march hasnt been released yet. You had Vanquish last week.
admiralvic  +   705d ago
While I don't like the US vs EU talk / paranoia, I think this is a rather depressing offering.

Not only did they already give us the PS3 version of PvZ, the iOS version (iPhone / iPad) is this weeks free app of the week (ends on Wednesday / Thursday, not really consistent). So not only are we getting a dupe of an old game plenty of people already have, anyone with an iPhone / iPad (which is a HUGE user base) can score the games for free without even paying a subscription fee, nor do they have to renew to keep it. =\
Outsider-G  +   705d ago
US Playstation Plus hasn't been shown for March yet like Europe has.

Plants Vs Zombies is the last free game for this week.

Hopefully US gets something of similar value like Europe.
JAM_brz  +   705d ago
Even that I've agreed with you, I don't believe that PS+ US will get a better content. It's always the same thing.

Europe gets better content and end of discussion. If that happens because of the better negotiations that Sony Europe gets, I don't know, but I think it'll always be that way.

The only title that I felt more over Europe was Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition. The only one. And that's because I'm a fan of the series for a long time.
IMightBeRetarded  +   705d ago
They got lumines this month which as far as im concerned is much better than the plants vs zombies game that's already free on ios.
Genuine-User  +   705d ago
You guys get better digital only games dude. Your PS Vita plus launchwas ababsolutely amazing. Did you see ours (UK)?
jagstatboy  +   705d ago
America subsidizes Europe's defense, may as well subsidize their video games too.
Cam977  +   705d ago
Stop complaining.
I'm sorry, but Europe get te short end of the stick for everything else.
Where is CS:GO?
Different coloured consoles?
EU PSN has an inferior "retro" selection of games.

And many more. We're worse off than the US.
Ducky  +   705d ago
You told him to stop complaining, then complained about your own offering. =/

Anyways, I'd take a better PS+ selection over coloured consoles or 'retro' games.
LightSamus  +   705d ago
You forgot Dead or Alive 5 also.
blackblades  +   705d ago
How bout you stop bsing about it and buy them if you want them so much.
lovegames718  +   705d ago
wtf Europe vita is getting MGs HD? gtfo of here!!!! Plants versus Zombies is good but now U.S. is getting shafted on Plus!!!!!! We didnt even get Sleeping Dogs!!!!
calis   705d ago | Bad language | show | Replies(2)
Nickthedrummer  +   705d ago
Cool
MestreRothN4G  +   705d ago
Disgusting.
brettyd  +   705d ago
Who hasn't played Plants vs. Zombies yet? cmon i thinks it's free on IOS now. Crap update.
blackblades  +   705d ago
I haven't played it most likely a lot of others haven't played it as well.
TongkatAli  +   705d ago
I always wanted to get this, but never got it, happy it's free.
vork77  +   705d ago
better yet why is it not free on ps3?
Adva  +   705d ago
Hey, someone should compare the value of PS+ from 2012 with respect to NA and EU. Let's see how much value NA gets for $50 and how much EU gets for their Euro/Pound.

Appreciate the PvsZ game guys. NA team had to fight teeth and nail to get this awesome update for us /s.
#6 (Edited 705d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
Krew_92  +   705d ago
Yep.

I would gladly take Sleeping Dogs over all of this drivel we've been getting. I actually bought Plants Vs. Zombies though a while back. It seems most of the things we've been getting I've bought, although this doesn't pertain to anything, just ranting on it.

Anyways, I signed up for PS+ mainly for my Vita, and I would love it if we got Metal Gear Solid Collection...

It seems the tables have turned for now though, back then we got everything first. Special editions, game deals, the whole trade. Now we're getting shafted on the special editions (Killzone for example) freebies (facebook minis) and many other things such as these PS+ games and discounts. I feel for Europeans and I'm glad they're getting the long end of the stick now. They pretty much deserve it.
#6.1 (Edited 705d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
despair  +   705d ago
You ungrateful greedy SOBs. If you don't like it then don't subscribe, considering the number of great games I've gotten from plus so far I think it's shameful to attack those who organize them. I mean it's a subscription that pays for itself 10 times over easily and you still complain. Wow you spoiled people (I also have na plus and am quite satisfied with it).
blackblades  +   705d ago
I agree with you all the way, like instead of comparing NA and EU how about comparing PS+ now and the PS+ from which it lauched.
chasegarcia  +   705d ago
This is good news for me. I like PvZ.
#7 (Edited 705d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
kingmushroom  +   705d ago
omg i was about to buy the game last week but i decided to hold on to my money, that was a close one.
#7.1 (Edited 705d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
IMightBeRetarded  +   705d ago
free on ios as well
RavageX  +   705d ago
I have no issues with EU getting good PS Plus games considering the price they pay for games in general.

However I can help but say, "What? What the **** is this?" with our PS Plus service.

I couldn't give a damn about a game like this, free or not.
Sharius  +   705d ago
lol, with this week update

still hope i'll get the walking dead discount from the voting event
#9 (Edited 705d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
profgerbik  +   705d ago
Oh here come all the stupid ass US is so horrible shit. Everyone did the same bullshit when Chronovolt was put on PS+ then they released Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus like 2 weeks after that and everyone was slurping the juices right out of Sony's ass.

I seriously don't understand people, so quick to be little piss ants over nothing when just like before we very well could see a much better game available sometime shortly after.

Chances are we will still get the same shit eventually, just like the EU is finally getting some of the stuff we already had gotten in PS+.. Just relax already and stop being so damn impatient.

Those PS+ deals we got on some games are awesome, I know I am picking up a bunch of new games because of that. They are just too cheap to pass up.
#10 (Edited 705d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Skate-AK  +   705d ago
Ah man we already got this for PS3 a while back.
justncase  +   705d ago
good to see everybodys happy
All we look foward to now is how bad we get screwed
over, and every month that goes buy, it will get better yea for the Eu. Looks like these guys are going out of there way to piss people off

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Havoc DLC Review | Destructoid

5m ago - Destructoid: Call of Duty map packs are definitely a mixed bag. Fifteen dollars is pricey by any... | PC

The Mario Bros. Game That Should Exist

7m ago - This idea got us excited because, with all the nostalgia-infused releases that we’ve seen so far... | Culture

Alone In the Dark Illumination Gameplay Impressions - Pre-order at your own risk - CramG

8m ago - Some gameplay videos and a first look at the recently released Alone in the Dark Illumination Bet... | PC

DRM Gamecast: Episode 24 - Dying Zombies

8m ago - This week the DRM Gamecast discuss our first impressions of Dying Light, the Call of Duty Advance... | PS4

Check out the new Bloodborne Trailer

Now - Sony just released a new trailer of the upcoming PS4 exclusive by From Software and SCE Japan Studio. | Promoted post

5 Awesome Star Wars Gaming Collectibles

11m ago - From StarWars: Every collector has their specific passion, or “sub-genre,” they gravitate mor... | Culture