Submitted by MaideninBlack 670d ago | news

inFAMOUS: Second Son Footage Was A Mix Of Actual Gameplay

Sucker Punch confirms that most of the inFAMOUS: Second Son footage shown during the reveal trailer was gameplay. (inFamous: Second Son, PS4, Sucker Punch Productions)

Alternative Sources
NewMonday  +   670d ago
ok now i'm mind blown

this game is #1 on my PS4 list, hope it's a launch title
KewDeGra  +   670d ago
It is from what i'm reading around the web.

Infamous deff one of my favorite games (platting infamous 1 as we speak).

So deff a day 1 for me :).
3dawg  +   670d ago
i plat both games ;) so much fun and addicting
Kevin ButIer  +   670d ago
I'm not sure why but I enjoyed more Infamous 1... a lot more actually. Can't wait for the second son.
#1.1.2 (Edited 670d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report
Campy da Camper  +   670d ago
Getting all the shards was hands down my proudest trophy ever....what a bitch! Have plat for 1&2 and 100% for Festival of Blood. Love the series. Infamous, Metal Gear and Portal are my favorite IPs of all time.
Temporary  +   670d ago
Im only missing ONE damn blast shard to get my plat trophy. I LOVE infamous one, but I FUCKING HATE IT!!!!!!!!

Every couple of months i pick it up and ROAM the map looking at every square intch and i can never find it...then i give up for a few more months and try again .... lol Im due for a 2013 blast shard hunt.
inveni0  +   669d ago
@Temporary
Not sure which inFamous you're stuck on, but the Blast Shard radar doesn't detect blast shards that are too high. So sometimes you have to find the tallest building and climb to the top *wink*wink*.

-ontopic-

The inFamous games remain, to this day, as my only two platinum trophies. The most fun open world I've ever played. Love it.
Chaostar  +   670d ago
I wasn't expecting any of what I saw to be gameplay, I will be very impressed if they can pull that kind of stuff off in a 'first-wave' game.
Rainstorm81  +   670d ago
If the early first year games look any where near as good as Second Son and Deep Down then we will be in store for an amazing next generation
Studio-YaMi  +   670d ago
I meant to hit agree but pushed the disagree button,sorry Chaostar. :(

And I totally agree with you !
Chaostar  +   670d ago
Not a problem, it happens :)

On topic elaboration:

I was particularly impressed with the particle and fire effects.

I wonder why he has a Blades of Olympus/Chaos/whatever style chain on one arm.
#2.2.1 (Edited 670d ago ) | Agree(10) | Disagree(0) | Report
BkaY  +   670d ago
first thing i picked up in game reveals and always complained current gen is particle effect...

and when i saw deep down and second son .. i was like umm umm ummmmmmmmm...

E3 this year my friends will be epic..

peace
DigitalAnalog  +   670d ago
Gameplay? Wow, I couldn't tell which is which.
GiantFriendlyCrab  +   670d ago
the combat with the stasi NWO police
#3.1 (Edited 670d ago ) | Agree(13) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Rainstorm81  +   670d ago
Also in the very begging at the NWO checkpoint before the pan out to a security monitor that looked real time as well.
SuperM  +   670d ago
I think it was all real time but some of it obviously werent gameplay. The graphics was consistent so i dont think they add any effects for cutscenes
Y_5150  +   670d ago
Like inFAMOUS 2. The cutscenes was in-game. this game would do the same I think.
GiantFriendlyCrab  +   670d ago
if you watch the HD video, you will not have any doubt that this was in fact ingame. But not so much gameplay though
ginsunuva  +   670d ago
That attack with the chain definitely looked like gameplay animation.
MasterCornholio  +   670d ago
And the scene with the checkpoint.
Dante112  +   670d ago
Mind blown. Buying a Ps4 day one.
pr0t0typeknuckles  +   670d ago
that was gameplay, no way, mind fucking blown, i cant believe that, there is no way that was gameplay, thats just amazing, it looked just like a cutscene.
abzdine  +   670d ago
inFamous 2 was extremely impressive already so i'm not surprised the trailer they showed was gameplay
baldulf  +   670d ago
No gameplay in the literal term but with the game assets.

The trailer was done with the game engine. Maybe there would be a bit of downgrade in the actual game. Just like the difference between Uncharted cinematics and gameplay (that is, a bit but not much)
MariaHelFutura  +   670d ago
Either way. This is beyond impressive.
Bathyj  +   670d ago
thats not what he says. he says its gameplay with a different camera to make it more cinematic
plaZeHD  +   670d ago
#9.3 (Edited 670d ago ) | Agree(10) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
InTheLab  +   670d ago
Bad example with Uncharted..lol
Baka-akaB  +   670d ago
Bad example . Uncharted is embellished in cutscenes , they are telling you the fighting scenes of Infamous 2nd son are exactly as is it , minus the camera angles
#9.5 (Edited 670d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
baldulf  +   670d ago
All I say is that there could be a bit of downgrade on things like lighting and shadows (this is normal in almost every game that does its cinematics on real time). Animations, models and backgrounds would be the same as seen on trailer.
#10 (Edited 670d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(7) | Report | Reply
Studio-YaMi  +   670d ago
I kinda agree with you but they(sucker punch) said directly and I quote :

"what did you think most of that was... we just used different camera to make it more cinematic."

They said that "most" of the footage shown WAS actually gameplay but with different camera angles,so that alone is something to be excited about ! :D
bunt-custardly  +   670d ago
I think developers will say any sort of cryptic crap to whet the pants off people watching right now. If they wanted to show actual gameplay, then like Killzone, or the other games, they could have done so. None of the trailer looked remotely like "gameplay" at all dramatic camera angles or otherwise. I wish developers would cut the crap and stop patronizing gamers.

Watching a cutscene using in-game assets does not equal GAMEPLAY.
#11 (Edited 670d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(15) | Report | Reply
Baka-akaB  +   670d ago
Except he specifially tells you it had gameplay with other cameras .

And sucker punch has yet to lie about the infamous series when it comes to graphical perfs .

I dont even see why the skepticism , it's consistant with was was shown so far for the ps4 , in gameplay scenes as well as in real time rendered sequences
#11.1 (Edited 670d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
bunt-custardly  +   670d ago
It's like an oxymoron though. You can't say it's gameplay with changed camera angles to make it look more dramatic. Then, by definition it's not gameplay be4cause it won't play like that in reality.

I'm talking "gameplay here" not graphics engine just to be clear. The title of this article is about gameplay not graphics.
#11.1.1 (Edited 670d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(2) | Report
Baka-akaB  +   670d ago
Sounds more like you are playing on semantics . What matters and what he is saying , is that it got gameplay sequence with a different viewpoint for presentation purposes . Not that different from a racing game letting you switch through multiple cameras .

If true , it doesnt remove or change effects , lightning texturing or whatever , and doesnt performs tricks the game can't handle in normal sequence .

he is just reassuring people about the game precisely on a tech related level
Qrphe  +   670d ago
It all looked in-game from the beginning to me.
tigertron  +   670d ago
I love Infamous 1 and I have Infamous 2 via PS Plus but I have yet to download it, so I'll probably do so this week.
Campy da Camper  +   670d ago
Son, say goodbye to the next 50 hours of your life! Its that good.
SpinalRemains138  +   670d ago
I love me some InFamous.

Running around as electric man and deciding how to upgrade your powers is so dam awesome.
When I discovered and mastered the lightning tether toward the end of InF 2, I must have spent 10 hours just using it and slaying baddies in creative ways.

This game looks really badass.
stefan771  +   670d ago
This will be one of the first PS4 games I buy
MRMagoo123  +   670d ago
we can all just agree ps4 is day one and that is that, im getting excited like a 12 year old school girl seeing justin beiber.
Kennytaur  +   669d ago
And this is an open world game? Colour me impressed.
thawind  +   669d ago
My happiness just reached new heights Day 1 buy.

Boxing Day sales: Tesco's Xbox One bargain, Microsoft deals, Amazon PS4 clearance

17m ago - BOXING DAY is the traditional time for the big stores to put on their best bargains and although... | PS4

itch.io Explorer: Bad Smell, Breakfast at Cemetery, Polyology

19m ago - Hardcore Gamer: "Almost all PC gamers have an appreciation for Steam (and a hefty backlog to matc... | PC

AutoBattle: Tips, Tricks, Cheats, and Strategy Guide

19m ago - There's a certain subset of RPG players out there who care more about character management, ownin... | iPhone

A Very Skyrim Christmas, Part 3

20m ago - PCgamer writes:"The good news is, I'm doing great on time. I'm about a third of the way through m... | PC

Far Cry 4 (XB1) Review

Now - Ken finds his inner tiger in Kyrat. | Promoted post

Visual Novel Eden* Pre-Orders Now Open

21m ago - Hardcore Gamer: "Those who follow visual novels on Steam might remember when eden* accidentally “... | PC