Submitted by TheGamerDood 664d ago | screenshot

New Arma 3 Screenshots

Here are some new screenshots of Bohemia Interactive's military sandbox game Arma 3. (ArmA 3, Bohemia Interactive Studios, PC)

Sam Fisher  +   664d ago
Hmmm, i would like to see another dayZ mod on this
Rooted_Dust  +   664d ago
It won't need to. There is a stand alone version of DayZ coming out that uses a least part of Arma III's updated engine.
akaakaaka  +   664d ago
look's gorgeous.. now bring it to the PS4 and I will buy it.. no excuse.

the textures on the environment look low res but i guess the environments are huge.. PS4 has spoil me O_o
the lighting in this game seem spectacular
#2 (Edited 664d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(13) | Report | Reply
Allsystemgamer  +   664d ago
What do you mean the ps4 spoiled you? The graphics on the ps4 are great but not mind blowing. The low tea textures are to deal with the environment and the 100 kilometer plus view distance.
#2.1 (Edited 664d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
decrypt  +   664d ago
@PSN_arakouftaian

Take a look at the control Scheme and tell us how any of that will fit on a Lolpad.

No amount of dumbing down will work, unless you want them to take it down to COD levels, at which point why would want to create another COD. Better to just buy COD, will have plenty of that on PS4.
#2.2 (Edited 664d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
ATi_Elite  +   664d ago
"PS4 has spoiled me"

The Got Dam thing is not even out yet, so WTF are you talking about!

The PS4 CPU and Ram are Great but the GPU is Low End! PS4 can run Arma 3 but not at this level of detail.

Arma 3 is a BEAST of a game as everything is drawn out and happens at once.

Example: you can see Fire fights, plane crashes, and explosions going on 100km away, The draw distances are HUGE......plus these screenshots are OLD!

Also Arma 3 is NOT COD and it is NOT BATTLEFIELD, Arma 3 is as REAL as it gets to combat other than joining the military.

Arma 3 = Combat Simulator

and your gonna need a KB/m to play it, way too many input commands for a 10 button Controller unless they dumb it down which Bohemia Interactive will NOT DO!!
#2.3 (Edited 664d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Somebody  +   664d ago
Which reminds me: Whatever happened to Operation Flashpoint?
Feralkitsune  +   664d ago
The name Operation Flashpoint is owned by some company now days. It's pretty shit compared to the ARMA games. That name hasn't held any real weight in a while.
TheGamerDood  +   664d ago
Aside from KZ:SF we haven't really seen what the PS4 can do. And it been revealed that even Sony's 1st party studios weren't aware of the increase to the ram so what you seeing in the demos are games that were coded for 4GB of ram, not 8GB. It'll probably be a year or so before we see what the PS4 can really do and these engines get optimized for the hardware and finally tap into all that power and all that glorious ram. *drool*

@decrypt the PS3 natively supports keyboards I'm sure the PS4 will do the same, I don't see why IS couldn't just code K/M support into their game for the console version.
#2.4 (Edited 664d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
cruckel  +   664d ago
I'll probably 4-6 years before we truly see what the PS4 is capable of. They need to learn the system and what it can do more. Look at Halo 3 vs Halo 4. I still can't believe it's the same console, but optimization does have it benefits, but it takes time.
TheGamerDood  +   664d ago
In 4-6 years we would have already moved on to the following generation.:D

(fixed)
"Aside from KZ:SF we haven't honestly seen what the PS4 can really do. And it was noted recently that even Sony's 1st party studios weren't aware of the increase in ram so what you're seeing are demos that were coded for 4GB not 8GB of ram.

It'll probably be a year or so before these engines get optimized the developers more comfortable with the hardware and then...then they'll be able to finally tap into all that power and glorious ram and demonstrate what the PS4 with 8GB of GDDR5 ram can truly do. *drool*"
akaakaaka  +   664d ago
Hey what's the hate here?
this game seem very possible on the PS4, we are talking about a 8gb gddr5 here and a architecture for games, plus they have not talk about all the specs of it yet! and like other's mention PS3 support mouse and keyboard, and even is not needed, I bet they can add command by voice while they keep a good control shame, this cameras on next gen console are very smart.

what's the hate here? I don't need to have a PS4 to be spoiled if like me, you saw the next gen games you can see what I'm talking about it look crystal clear and this not but I understand the env.. are huge in this game.
If you can't see how good they look you are been a hater, just get exited because it means PC games will catch up and pass it soon, but what was showed is ahead any PC gen from today's market.

Plus why you want me to play COD? I don't play that casual game since COD4 ..
I like the idea behind ARMAIII and I hope it comes in the PS4 if not It will not be missed and I will move on.
#2.5 (Edited 664d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
givemeshelter  +   664d ago
LOL The PS4 spolied you? Graphics that look like a PC two years ago?
Please stop...The PS4 like the upcoming Xbox are mid ranged closed PC consoles. Look at the specs.
Arma games are BEASTS to run...
Yukicore  +   664d ago
The depth of field makes the game look tasty, but honestly if you focus on the details the trees look a bit funny.
#3 (Edited 664d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
fossilfern  +   664d ago
Cant wait for the Wasteland mod to be on Arma 3! Its all I play on Arma 2
Plagasx  +   664d ago
Hopefully it's not an unoptimized piece of shit this time..
SITH  +   663d ago
I got back into PC gaming for this game. I can not wait for it!
ninjahunter  +   663d ago
Oh god, im gonna need to build a PC, my trusty M14x (laptop) had done a good service to me, but its becoming increasingly apparent that both PC and console are stepping up a gen and my poor 555m gt is gonna burst into flames if i push it any harder haha.
SITH  +   658d ago
I will be giving out alpha and beta codes on here next week. Then again, I might sell them on eBay.
#8 (Edited 658d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply

Warlords of Draenor Garrisons: a Touch of Warcraft 3 in WOW?

15m ago - if you ever needed a reason to immerse yourself into WOW, or to return to the game after an absen... | PC

AYMG’s Games of 2014

16m ago - It’s AYMG’s first ever game awards! AYMG has been picking through this years game releases to fin... | Culture

The Lord of the Rings Online – Yule event

16m ago - Leaving it late, The Lord of the Rings Online steps up with their Yule event. End the year with a... | PC

Call of Duty, GTA, Far Cry, and more: every companion app for the hottest console games of 2014

16m ago - There's nothing quite like firing up the PC, PlayStation, Xbox, or Nintendo, and getting stuck in... | PC

Win a PS4!!

Now - Join us on Filmwatch to find out how you can win a free PS4 this holiday season! | Promoted post

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes - X.O.F. Patches Locations Guide

18m ago - There are 9 X.O.F. Patches that you can find in Ground Zeroes. There is no specific order to coll... | PC