Submitted by Valay 504d ago | news

Xbox Live having issues with cloud storage

GE: "Xbox Live users have been reporting problems pertaining to the services' cloud storage features. Such issues have since been confirmed by Microsoft." (Xbox 360)

black911  +   504d ago
You get what you Pay For.
TheGamerDood  +   504d ago
Live having issues? Say it aint so bro!

HammadTheBeast  +   504d ago
BUT YOU HAVE THE HAXXORS!!!!@!@!@!@!

- OoXxFaZe-QuIcKe-1337xXoO
matrixman92  +   504d ago
im literally using it right now lol
Nevers  +   504d ago
Last time this happened, I had just put my saves on Cloud. As soon as it came back for me, I put all my saves back on my HDD. My girlfriend's was affected for the whole weekend... it sucked. But, we did get codes for 1 free month of gold.

Hope it comes back for those affected.
#2.1 (Edited 504d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
nukeitall  +   504d ago
You can still use the cloud saves on your hard drive even if cloud saves is offline. Your current saves will just contain the last savegame, which may or may not be the one in the cloud.
KwietStorm  +   504d ago
Why would you not have local saves/backups? The cloud saves really should be backups in the first place.
Nevers  +   504d ago
Specifically? Ok.

Her case - she still has an original 360 running (god knows how) w/ a 20gig HDD and we had just got Borderlands 2. We are still going through B-lands 1 DLC, which takes a lot of space, but needed to find room for her B-lands 2 DLC so she moved everything she could over to the cloud and her memory stick. I don't think she thought of cloud as a backup, but as just another bit of space.

My case - I was willfully ignorant. I never back anything up but know I should. Lesson learned.
Intentions  +   504d ago
Also, halo 4 servers are down atm.
USMC_POLICE  +   504d ago
I don't understand you pay for live shouldn't have any problems. Lol
matrixman92  +   504d ago
expecting any internet based service to NEVER have problems is a stupid and unreal expectation
Riderz1337  +   504d ago
When you're paying for a "premium" service, I expect nothing more than having the ability to use it 24/7.
miDnIghtEr20C_SfF  +   504d ago
Are you serious? So PSN+ going down was bad too right. Get what you pay for right?
KwietStorm  +   504d ago
Why would ANYONE disagree with what matrixman said let alone 11 disagrees?
Intentions  +   504d ago
Nothing is 100% guaranteed you know.
J_Cob  +   504d ago
Death is guaranteed to all living things.
aquamala  +   504d ago
You do realize cloud storage is not free on ps3, you have to pay for ps+
Riderz1337  +   504d ago
What's your point? Does it have any issues on the PS3 right now? No...? Then your argument is invalid.
nukeitall  +   504d ago
@Riderz1337:

With PSN they don't actually report it if they have problems. Since most of these problems usually only affect a small portion of people, it pretty much goes unnoticed.

XBL actually reports it, but doesn't specify who is affected and therefore people always assume it affects everyone.

Fact is MS is being transparent.
badz149  +   504d ago
1GB cloud storage is exclusive for PS+
But hey, have you played Sly 4? The cross-save feature gives everybody free cloud space between PS3 and Vita and dear god it's smooth as butter! Switching gamesaves between PS3 and Vita has never been this convenient!
BLKxSEPTEMBER  +   504d ago
well then going by your logic then the psn is nothing but problems since its free
Summons75  +   504d ago
Again? And this cloud is the almighty godsend were suppose to trust with all our games and saves....oh happy day! /s
wenaldy  +   504d ago
Jump Out!!!
Jek_Porkins  +   504d ago
I only have a couple of saves on the cloud service and it seems to be working for me.
Dragos75  +   504d ago
Must be a certain area. Mine worked fine today.
SDF Repellent  +   504d ago
At least is not not down for a month..wait, didn't Sony had that problem not too long ago? :)
#9 (Edited 504d ago ) | Agree(14) | Disagree(12) | Report | Reply
KwietStorm  +   504d ago
Man you sure are living up to your name and avatar.
UnholyLight  +   504d ago
How is it trolling when it's the goddamn truth man.
UnholyLight  +   503d ago
I can confirm for Saskatchewan, Canada that PSN was down for at least 25 days of downtime. I guess the truth means more downvotes doesn't it Sony boys!

Can't run from the truth forever, sometimes you have to accept first hand accounts.
#9.2 (Edited 503d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
KillrateOmega  +   504d ago
O.O

I literally just got MGR: Revengeance and have yet to turn on my 360. I'm scared...hold me.
#10 (Edited 504d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
kevnb  +   504d ago
Microsoft needs to smarten up and quick.
Bar_Brothers  +   504d ago
Some problems but seem fixed now
No worries, it wasnt a hack, this is not psn.
Dragos75  +   504d ago
ouch! You went there.
stage88  +   504d ago
And Microsoft are rumoured to be doing a Cloud gaming service?
This doesn't bode well.

;)
Dragos75  +   504d ago
Yep but theirs will probably actually be working when they announce it though. It gonna take sony well into 2014 before theirs is up and running.
stage88  +   504d ago
Sony's PS4 is releasing this holiday 2013. It has also been confirmed that their cloud gaming service will be up and running as of launch. Do some research.

Also, which cloud save service is down at the moment? Oh right... That one.
BLKxSEPTEMBER  +   504d ago
im not having any problems at all
StrongMan  +   504d ago
This is not good for a paid service.
ironmonkey  +   504d ago
So thats where your money goes. Broken premium services.
dazzrazz  +   504d ago
I have mine private cloud storage service, its called USB stick :D
Karpetburnz  +   504d ago
Let this be a lesson to all Xbots, just because you pay for it, that doesnt mean its perfect.
Hicken  +   504d ago
Let's be real here: the only reason anybody's being... snarky?.. in here is because of all the flak Sony catches, and all the blind nonsense certain individuals spout about Xbox Live NEVER having any problems.

This isn't really a big deal at all. But the negative responses here are really a result of having been at the receiving end of the same types of comments during similarly insignificant situations.

What goes around comes around.

Edit: I'm sorry, I must have missed the part where I said it was okay.

Oh, that's right: I didn't.

But let's not play dumb. You and I both know that the ONLY reason it's happening is because it's comeuppance.

You say over half, but it's more like a quarter: about ten of the comments are trolling or bias out of the 43 currently posted. And even if it WAS more than half, how would even 100% of 43 comments be indicative of the overall atmosphere of this site? Would you care to go to even a POSITIVE Sony article and see how many trolling comments there are?

Why do I NEVER see you calling out Xbox trolls? When have you ever chastised SDF Repellent, for example, for trolling in a Sony article, or bringing up Sony when there's no need to(like above)? For all your cries of "Why don't you(almost always referring to a Sony fan) just enjoy what both consoles have to offer?" you NEVER actually stand up for Sony when they're being unfairly accosted.

That kinda speaks of your own leaning, doesn't it?
#19 (Edited 503d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
maniacmayhem  +   503d ago
I love how you and a FEW others always love to play the Sony is the constant victim card.

The only one's who are being snarky are the blind fanboys who can't seem to look past their own bias and enjoy what all systems have to offer. It's funny more than half the comments on here are bias/troll attempts...do you still think this site isn't heavy sony ran?

The negative responses are nothing more than childish attempts to put down another system for no reason. And your whole attitude of "They did it to us, so now we have to do it to them" is just as childish and pathetic as the "snarky" remarks posted.
#19.1 (Edited 503d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply

Assassin’s Creed Unity: 10 Incredible Rumours That Could Happen

43m ago - Black Flag regained the series' footing somewhat, but what must be done to stay on top? | PC

Leo's Fortune Released for Android

51m ago - Carl Williams writes, "We just covered another 2D side scrolling action style game (Soul Guardian... | Android

Rogue's Tale Released for Android

1h ago - Carl Williams writes, "Rogue is one of the oldest, most retro, games in existence that is still b... | Android

Cosmonautica Merges Futurama Hijinks with Business Sim

1h ago - Carl Williams writes, "Everyone that is a fan of Futurama has probably hoped, wished for and comp... | Android

Study Game Design at DeVry

25 Awesome Fallout Easter Eggs That You Probably Missed

1h ago - From a post-apocalyptic Tardis to famous movie side-arms, here's the greatest Fallout easter eggs... | PC