Submitted by Valay 800d ago | news

Xbox Live having issues with cloud storage

GE: "Xbox Live users have been reporting problems pertaining to the services' cloud storage features. Such issues have since been confirmed by Microsoft." (Xbox 360)

black911  +   800d ago
You get what you Pay For.
TheGamerDood  +   800d ago
Live having issues? Say it aint so bro!

HammadTheBeast  +   800d ago
BUT YOU HAVE THE HAXXORS!!!!@!@!@!@!

- OoXxFaZe-QuIcKe-1337xXoO
matrixman92  +   800d ago
im literally using it right now lol
Nevers  +   800d ago
Last time this happened, I had just put my saves on Cloud. As soon as it came back for me, I put all my saves back on my HDD. My girlfriend's was affected for the whole weekend... it sucked. But, we did get codes for 1 free month of gold.

Hope it comes back for those affected.
#2.1 (Edited 800d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
nukeitall  +   800d ago
You can still use the cloud saves on your hard drive even if cloud saves is offline. Your current saves will just contain the last savegame, which may or may not be the one in the cloud.
KwietStorm  +   800d ago
Why would you not have local saves/backups? The cloud saves really should be backups in the first place.
Nevers  +   800d ago
Specifically? Ok.

Her case - she still has an original 360 running (god knows how) w/ a 20gig HDD and we had just got Borderlands 2. We are still going through B-lands 1 DLC, which takes a lot of space, but needed to find room for her B-lands 2 DLC so she moved everything she could over to the cloud and her memory stick. I don't think she thought of cloud as a backup, but as just another bit of space.

My case - I was willfully ignorant. I never back anything up but know I should. Lesson learned.
Intentions  +   800d ago
Also, halo 4 servers are down atm.
USMC_POLICE  +   800d ago
I don't understand you pay for live shouldn't have any problems. Lol
matrixman92  +   800d ago
expecting any internet based service to NEVER have problems is a stupid and unreal expectation
Riderz1337  +   800d ago
When you're paying for a "premium" service, I expect nothing more than having the ability to use it 24/7.
miDnIghtEr20C_SfF  +   800d ago
Are you serious? So PSN+ going down was bad too right. Get what you pay for right?
KwietStorm  +   800d ago
Why would ANYONE disagree with what matrixman said let alone 11 disagrees?
Intentions  +   800d ago
Nothing is 100% guaranteed you know.
J_Cob  +   800d ago
Death is guaranteed to all living things.
aquamala  +   800d ago
You do realize cloud storage is not free on ps3, you have to pay for ps+
Riderz1337  +   800d ago
What's your point? Does it have any issues on the PS3 right now? No...? Then your argument is invalid.
nukeitall  +   800d ago
@Riderz1337:

With PSN they don't actually report it if they have problems. Since most of these problems usually only affect a small portion of people, it pretty much goes unnoticed.

XBL actually reports it, but doesn't specify who is affected and therefore people always assume it affects everyone.

Fact is MS is being transparent.
badz149  +   800d ago
1GB cloud storage is exclusive for PS+
But hey, have you played Sly 4? The cross-save feature gives everybody free cloud space between PS3 and Vita and dear god it's smooth as butter! Switching gamesaves between PS3 and Vita has never been this convenient!
BLKxSEPTEMBER  +   800d ago
well then going by your logic then the psn is nothing but problems since its free
Summons75  +   800d ago
Again? And this cloud is the almighty godsend were suppose to trust with all our games and saves....oh happy day! /s
wenaldy  +   800d ago
Jump Out!!!
Jek_Porkins  +   800d ago
I only have a couple of saves on the cloud service and it seems to be working for me.
Dragos75  +   800d ago
Must be a certain area. Mine worked fine today.
SDF Repellent  +   800d ago
At least is not not down for a month..wait, didn't Sony had that problem not too long ago? :)
#9 (Edited 800d ago ) | Agree(14) | Disagree(12) | Report | Reply
KwietStorm  +   800d ago
Man you sure are living up to your name and avatar.
UnholyLight  +   800d ago
How is it trolling when it's the goddamn truth man.
UnholyLight  +   799d ago
I can confirm for Saskatchewan, Canada that PSN was down for at least 25 days of downtime. I guess the truth means more downvotes doesn't it Sony boys!

Can't run from the truth forever, sometimes you have to accept first hand accounts.
#9.2 (Edited 799d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
KillrateOmega  +   800d ago
O.O

I literally just got MGR: Revengeance and have yet to turn on my 360. I'm scared...hold me.
#10 (Edited 800d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
kevnb  +   800d ago
Microsoft needs to smarten up and quick.
Bar_Brothers  +   800d ago
Some problems but seem fixed now
No worries, it wasnt a hack, this is not psn.
Dragos75  +   800d ago
ouch! You went there.
stage88  +   800d ago
And Microsoft are rumoured to be doing a Cloud gaming service?
This doesn't bode well.

;)
Dragos75  +   800d ago
Yep but theirs will probably actually be working when they announce it though. It gonna take sony well into 2014 before theirs is up and running.
stage88  +   800d ago
Sony's PS4 is releasing this holiday 2013. It has also been confirmed that their cloud gaming service will be up and running as of launch. Do some research.

Also, which cloud save service is down at the moment? Oh right... That one.
BLKxSEPTEMBER  +   800d ago
im not having any problems at all
StrongMan  +   800d ago
This is not good for a paid service.
ironmonkey  +   800d ago
So thats where your money goes. Broken premium services.
dazzrazz  +   800d ago
I have mine private cloud storage service, its called USB stick :D
Karpetburnz  +   800d ago
Let this be a lesson to all Xbots, just because you pay for it, that doesnt mean its perfect.
Hicken  +   800d ago
Let's be real here: the only reason anybody's being... snarky?.. in here is because of all the flak Sony catches, and all the blind nonsense certain individuals spout about Xbox Live NEVER having any problems.

This isn't really a big deal at all. But the negative responses here are really a result of having been at the receiving end of the same types of comments during similarly insignificant situations.

What goes around comes around.

Edit: I'm sorry, I must have missed the part where I said it was okay.

Oh, that's right: I didn't.

But let's not play dumb. You and I both know that the ONLY reason it's happening is because it's comeuppance.

You say over half, but it's more like a quarter: about ten of the comments are trolling or bias out of the 43 currently posted. And even if it WAS more than half, how would even 100% of 43 comments be indicative of the overall atmosphere of this site? Would you care to go to even a POSITIVE Sony article and see how many trolling comments there are?

Why do I NEVER see you calling out Xbox trolls? When have you ever chastised SDF Repellent, for example, for trolling in a Sony article, or bringing up Sony when there's no need to(like above)? For all your cries of "Why don't you(almost always referring to a Sony fan) just enjoy what both consoles have to offer?" you NEVER actually stand up for Sony when they're being unfairly accosted.

That kinda speaks of your own leaning, doesn't it?
#19 (Edited 799d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
maniacmayhem  +   799d ago
I love how you and a FEW others always love to play the Sony is the constant victim card.

The only one's who are being snarky are the blind fanboys who can't seem to look past their own bias and enjoy what all systems have to offer. It's funny more than half the comments on here are bias/troll attempts...do you still think this site isn't heavy sony ran?

The negative responses are nothing more than childish attempts to put down another system for no reason. And your whole attitude of "They did it to us, so now we have to do it to them" is just as childish and pathetic as the "snarky" remarks posted.
#19.1 (Edited 799d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply

PlayStation Podcast Episode 8

33m ago - Gamespresso’s weekly PlayStation podcast uploaded each and every Monday! Join new host Davis Hage... | PSP

Mayweather v Pacquiao Fight Lampooned in Mike Tyson’s Punch-Out Parody

33m ago - EB: The Noober Goober Gaming YouTube channel has created a brilliant Mayweather v Pacquiao fight... | Culture

Help Myriad get through Steam Greenlight!

Now - Myriad is a twin-stick shooter that grows more beautiful the better you play, where you build and then destroy the game space in glorious chain rea... | Promoted post

Adventures of Pip: Tic Toc Games’ great journey [Pixel Dynamo]

1h ago - Pixel Dynamo talks to Jeff Luke, senior director over at Tic Toc Games, about everything Adventur... | PC

Broken Age is No Longer a Broken Game - Cliqist

1h ago - Serena Nelson writes: "Tim Schafer made a huge splash in the crowdfunding scene in early 2012 and... | PC

Kickstarter Videogame Reward Tiers That Make Us Salivate

1h ago - Serena Nelson writes: "Kickstarter is well-known for being a platform to get ideas funded by fans... | PC