Submitted by Valay 1005d ago | news

Xbox Live having issues with cloud storage

GE: "Xbox Live users have been reporting problems pertaining to the services' cloud storage features. Such issues have since been confirmed by Microsoft." (Xbox 360)

black911  +   1005d ago
You get what you Pay For.
TheGamerDood  +   1005d ago
Live having issues? Say it aint so bro!

HammadTheBeast  +   1005d ago

- OoXxFaZe-QuIcKe-1337xXoO
matrixman92  +   1005d ago
im literally using it right now lol
Nevers  +   1005d ago
Last time this happened, I had just put my saves on Cloud. As soon as it came back for me, I put all my saves back on my HDD. My girlfriend's was affected for the whole weekend... it sucked. But, we did get codes for 1 free month of gold.

Hope it comes back for those affected.
#2.1 (Edited 1005d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
nukeitall  +   1005d ago
You can still use the cloud saves on your hard drive even if cloud saves is offline. Your current saves will just contain the last savegame, which may or may not be the one in the cloud.
KwietStorm  +   1005d ago
Why would you not have local saves/backups? The cloud saves really should be backups in the first place.
Nevers  +   1004d ago
Specifically? Ok.

Her case - she still has an original 360 running (god knows how) w/ a 20gig HDD and we had just got Borderlands 2. We are still going through B-lands 1 DLC, which takes a lot of space, but needed to find room for her B-lands 2 DLC so she moved everything she could over to the cloud and her memory stick. I don't think she thought of cloud as a backup, but as just another bit of space.

My case - I was willfully ignorant. I never back anything up but know I should. Lesson learned.
Intentions  +   1005d ago
Also, halo 4 servers are down atm.
USMC_POLICE  +   1005d ago
I don't understand you pay for live shouldn't have any problems. Lol
matrixman92  +   1005d ago
expecting any internet based service to NEVER have problems is a stupid and unreal expectation
Riderz1337  +   1005d ago
When you're paying for a "premium" service, I expect nothing more than having the ability to use it 24/7.
miDnIghtEr20C_SfF  +   1005d ago
Are you serious? So PSN+ going down was bad too right. Get what you pay for right?
KwietStorm  +   1005d ago
Why would ANYONE disagree with what matrixman said let alone 11 disagrees?
Intentions  +   1005d ago
Nothing is 100% guaranteed you know.
J_Cob  +   1005d ago
Death is guaranteed to all living things.
aquamala  +   1005d ago
You do realize cloud storage is not free on ps3, you have to pay for ps+
Riderz1337  +   1005d ago
What's your point? Does it have any issues on the PS3 right now? No...? Then your argument is invalid.
nukeitall  +   1005d ago

With PSN they don't actually report it if they have problems. Since most of these problems usually only affect a small portion of people, it pretty much goes unnoticed.

XBL actually reports it, but doesn't specify who is affected and therefore people always assume it affects everyone.

Fact is MS is being transparent.
badz149  +   1005d ago
1GB cloud storage is exclusive for PS+
But hey, have you played Sly 4? The cross-save feature gives everybody free cloud space between PS3 and Vita and dear god it's smooth as butter! Switching gamesaves between PS3 and Vita has never been this convenient!
BLKxSEPTEMBER  +   1005d ago
well then going by your logic then the psn is nothing but problems since its free
Summons75  +   1005d ago
Again? And this cloud is the almighty godsend were suppose to trust with all our games and saves....oh happy day! /s
wenaldy  +   1005d ago
Jump Out!!!
Jek_Porkins  +   1005d ago
I only have a couple of saves on the cloud service and it seems to be working for me.
Dragos75  +   1005d ago
Must be a certain area. Mine worked fine today.
SDF Repellent  +   1005d ago
At least is not not down for a month..wait, didn't Sony had that problem not too long ago? :)
#9 (Edited 1005d ago ) | Agree(14) | Disagree(12) | Report | Reply
KwietStorm  +   1005d ago
Man you sure are living up to your name and avatar.
UnholyLight  +   1005d ago
How is it trolling when it's the goddamn truth man.
UnholyLight  +   1004d ago
I can confirm for Saskatchewan, Canada that PSN was down for at least 25 days of downtime. I guess the truth means more downvotes doesn't it Sony boys!

Can't run from the truth forever, sometimes you have to accept first hand accounts.
#9.2 (Edited 1004d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
KillrateOmega  +   1005d ago

I literally just got MGR: Revengeance and have yet to turn on my 360. I'm scared...hold me.
#10 (Edited 1005d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
kevnb  +   1005d ago
Microsoft needs to smarten up and quick.
iNathan  +   1005d ago
Some problems but seem fixed now
No worries, it wasnt a hack, this is not psn.
Dragos75  +   1005d ago
ouch! You went there.
stage88  +   1005d ago
And Microsoft are rumoured to be doing a Cloud gaming service?
This doesn't bode well.

Dragos75  +   1005d ago
Yep but theirs will probably actually be working when they announce it though. It gonna take sony well into 2014 before theirs is up and running.
stage88  +   1005d ago
Sony's PS4 is releasing this holiday 2013. It has also been confirmed that their cloud gaming service will be up and running as of launch. Do some research.

Also, which cloud save service is down at the moment? Oh right... That one.
BLKxSEPTEMBER  +   1005d ago
im not having any problems at all
StrongMan  +   1005d ago
This is not good for a paid service.
ironmonkey  +   1005d ago
So thats where your money goes. Broken premium services.
dazzrazz  +   1005d ago
I have mine private cloud storage service, its called USB stick :D
Karpetburnz  +   1005d ago
Let this be a lesson to all Xbots, just because you pay for it, that doesnt mean its perfect.
Hicken  +   1004d ago
Let's be real here: the only reason anybody's being... snarky?.. in here is because of all the flak Sony catches, and all the blind nonsense certain individuals spout about Xbox Live NEVER having any problems.

This isn't really a big deal at all. But the negative responses here are really a result of having been at the receiving end of the same types of comments during similarly insignificant situations.

What goes around comes around.

Edit: I'm sorry, I must have missed the part where I said it was okay.

Oh, that's right: I didn't.

But let's not play dumb. You and I both know that the ONLY reason it's happening is because it's comeuppance.

You say over half, but it's more like a quarter: about ten of the comments are trolling or bias out of the 43 currently posted. And even if it WAS more than half, how would even 100% of 43 comments be indicative of the overall atmosphere of this site? Would you care to go to even a POSITIVE Sony article and see how many trolling comments there are?

Why do I NEVER see you calling out Xbox trolls? When have you ever chastised SDF Repellent, for example, for trolling in a Sony article, or bringing up Sony when there's no need to(like above)? For all your cries of "Why don't you(almost always referring to a Sony fan) just enjoy what both consoles have to offer?" you NEVER actually stand up for Sony when they're being unfairly accosted.

That kinda speaks of your own leaning, doesn't it?
#19 (Edited 1004d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
maniacmayhem  +   1004d ago
I love how you and a FEW others always love to play the Sony is the constant victim card.

The only one's who are being snarky are the blind fanboys who can't seem to look past their own bias and enjoy what all systems have to offer. It's funny more than half the comments on here are bias/troll attempts...do you still think this site isn't heavy sony ran?

The negative responses are nothing more than childish attempts to put down another system for no reason. And your whole attitude of "They did it to us, so now we have to do it to them" is just as childish and pathetic as the "snarky" remarks posted.
#19.1 (Edited 1004d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply

Rise of the Tomb Raider: Attention 2 Detail In-depth analysis

1h ago - NX Gamer "With Crystal Dynamics having a successful reboot of the Tomb Raider franchise we are... | Xbox 360

8WNterview: Ackk Studios Talks YIIK & Chromophore, Death, and Fixing Mistakes

1h ago - 8-Worlds News talks to Ackk Studios' Brian Allanson on upcoming titles YIIK: A Post-Modern RPG an... | Wii U

PS4 Games To Look Out For In November 2015

Now - With all the amazing titles still to come this year, Releases.com thought it would do you a favor and make it a little bit easier to keep track of... | Promoted post

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters – How to Get to Hunter’s Nightmare

1h ago - Bloodborne’s first expansion, The Old Hunters, takes place in another realm called The Hunter’s N... | PS4

The Roach Approach - Battlefront for under $600 | PC Gaming Enthusiast

1h ago - Check out Jake Roach's November build where he builds a system that can run Battlefront for under... | PC

SuperPhillip Central's Favorite VGMs - Thankful for Even More VGMs Edition

3h ago - SPC writes, "Thanksgiving is this Thursday, so SuperPhillip Central is delivering a healthy plate... | PS4