Submitted by Valay 764d ago | news

Xbox Live having issues with cloud storage

GE: "Xbox Live users have been reporting problems pertaining to the services' cloud storage features. Such issues have since been confirmed by Microsoft." (Xbox 360)

black911  +   764d ago
You get what you Pay For.
TheGamerDood  +   764d ago
Live having issues? Say it aint so bro!

HammadTheBeast  +   764d ago
BUT YOU HAVE THE HAXXORS!!!!@!@!@!@!

- OoXxFaZe-QuIcKe-1337xXoO
matrixman92  +   764d ago
im literally using it right now lol
Nevers  +   764d ago
Last time this happened, I had just put my saves on Cloud. As soon as it came back for me, I put all my saves back on my HDD. My girlfriend's was affected for the whole weekend... it sucked. But, we did get codes for 1 free month of gold.

Hope it comes back for those affected.
#2.1 (Edited 764d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
nukeitall  +   764d ago
You can still use the cloud saves on your hard drive even if cloud saves is offline. Your current saves will just contain the last savegame, which may or may not be the one in the cloud.
KwietStorm  +   764d ago
Why would you not have local saves/backups? The cloud saves really should be backups in the first place.
Nevers  +   763d ago
Specifically? Ok.

Her case - she still has an original 360 running (god knows how) w/ a 20gig HDD and we had just got Borderlands 2. We are still going through B-lands 1 DLC, which takes a lot of space, but needed to find room for her B-lands 2 DLC so she moved everything she could over to the cloud and her memory stick. I don't think she thought of cloud as a backup, but as just another bit of space.

My case - I was willfully ignorant. I never back anything up but know I should. Lesson learned.
Intentions  +   764d ago
Also, halo 4 servers are down atm.
USMC_POLICE  +   764d ago
I don't understand you pay for live shouldn't have any problems. Lol
matrixman92  +   764d ago
expecting any internet based service to NEVER have problems is a stupid and unreal expectation
Riderz1337  +   764d ago
When you're paying for a "premium" service, I expect nothing more than having the ability to use it 24/7.
miDnIghtEr20C_SfF  +   764d ago
Are you serious? So PSN+ going down was bad too right. Get what you pay for right?
KwietStorm  +   764d ago
Why would ANYONE disagree with what matrixman said let alone 11 disagrees?
Intentions  +   764d ago
Nothing is 100% guaranteed you know.
J_Cob  +   764d ago
Death is guaranteed to all living things.
aquamala  +   764d ago
You do realize cloud storage is not free on ps3, you have to pay for ps+
Riderz1337  +   764d ago
What's your point? Does it have any issues on the PS3 right now? No...? Then your argument is invalid.
nukeitall  +   764d ago
@Riderz1337:

With PSN they don't actually report it if they have problems. Since most of these problems usually only affect a small portion of people, it pretty much goes unnoticed.

XBL actually reports it, but doesn't specify who is affected and therefore people always assume it affects everyone.

Fact is MS is being transparent.
badz149  +   764d ago
1GB cloud storage is exclusive for PS+
But hey, have you played Sly 4? The cross-save feature gives everybody free cloud space between PS3 and Vita and dear god it's smooth as butter! Switching gamesaves between PS3 and Vita has never been this convenient!
BLKxSEPTEMBER  +   764d ago
well then going by your logic then the psn is nothing but problems since its free
Summons75  +   764d ago
Again? And this cloud is the almighty godsend were suppose to trust with all our games and saves....oh happy day! /s
wenaldy  +   764d ago
Jump Out!!!
Jek_Porkins  +   764d ago
I only have a couple of saves on the cloud service and it seems to be working for me.
Dragos75  +   764d ago
Must be a certain area. Mine worked fine today.
SDF Repellent  +   764d ago
At least is not not down for a month..wait, didn't Sony had that problem not too long ago? :)
#9 (Edited 764d ago ) | Agree(14) | Disagree(12) | Report | Reply
KwietStorm  +   764d ago
Man you sure are living up to your name and avatar.
UnholyLight  +   764d ago
How is it trolling when it's the goddamn truth man.
UnholyLight  +   763d ago
I can confirm for Saskatchewan, Canada that PSN was down for at least 25 days of downtime. I guess the truth means more downvotes doesn't it Sony boys!

Can't run from the truth forever, sometimes you have to accept first hand accounts.
#9.2 (Edited 763d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
KillrateOmega  +   764d ago
O.O

I literally just got MGR: Revengeance and have yet to turn on my 360. I'm scared...hold me.
#10 (Edited 764d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
kevnb  +   764d ago
Microsoft needs to smarten up and quick.
Bar_Brothers  +   764d ago
Some problems but seem fixed now
No worries, it wasnt a hack, this is not psn.
Dragos75  +   764d ago
ouch! You went there.
stage88  +   764d ago
And Microsoft are rumoured to be doing a Cloud gaming service?
This doesn't bode well.

;)
Dragos75  +   764d ago
Yep but theirs will probably actually be working when they announce it though. It gonna take sony well into 2014 before theirs is up and running.
stage88  +   764d ago
Sony's PS4 is releasing this holiday 2013. It has also been confirmed that their cloud gaming service will be up and running as of launch. Do some research.

Also, which cloud save service is down at the moment? Oh right... That one.
BLKxSEPTEMBER  +   764d ago
im not having any problems at all
StrongMan  +   764d ago
This is not good for a paid service.
ironmonkey  +   764d ago
So thats where your money goes. Broken premium services.
dazzrazz  +   764d ago
I have mine private cloud storage service, its called USB stick :D
Karpetburnz  +   764d ago
Let this be a lesson to all Xbots, just because you pay for it, that doesnt mean its perfect.
Hicken  +   764d ago
Let's be real here: the only reason anybody's being... snarky?.. in here is because of all the flak Sony catches, and all the blind nonsense certain individuals spout about Xbox Live NEVER having any problems.

This isn't really a big deal at all. But the negative responses here are really a result of having been at the receiving end of the same types of comments during similarly insignificant situations.

What goes around comes around.

Edit: I'm sorry, I must have missed the part where I said it was okay.

Oh, that's right: I didn't.

But let's not play dumb. You and I both know that the ONLY reason it's happening is because it's comeuppance.

You say over half, but it's more like a quarter: about ten of the comments are trolling or bias out of the 43 currently posted. And even if it WAS more than half, how would even 100% of 43 comments be indicative of the overall atmosphere of this site? Would you care to go to even a POSITIVE Sony article and see how many trolling comments there are?

Why do I NEVER see you calling out Xbox trolls? When have you ever chastised SDF Repellent, for example, for trolling in a Sony article, or bringing up Sony when there's no need to(like above)? For all your cries of "Why don't you(almost always referring to a Sony fan) just enjoy what both consoles have to offer?" you NEVER actually stand up for Sony when they're being unfairly accosted.

That kinda speaks of your own leaning, doesn't it?
#19 (Edited 763d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
maniacmayhem  +   763d ago
I love how you and a FEW others always love to play the Sony is the constant victim card.

The only one's who are being snarky are the blind fanboys who can't seem to look past their own bias and enjoy what all systems have to offer. It's funny more than half the comments on here are bias/troll attempts...do you still think this site isn't heavy sony ran?

The negative responses are nothing more than childish attempts to put down another system for no reason. And your whole attitude of "They did it to us, so now we have to do it to them" is just as childish and pathetic as the "snarky" remarks posted.
#19.1 (Edited 763d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply

Storytime with Andy - It's Unreal

1m ago - Andy writes - "My first foray into first-person shooters in general, was Unreal Tournament 99. It... | PC

What Games Belong in the World Video Game Hall of Fame? We Asked A Few Developers

7m ago - Warp Zoned writes: "This Summer, the International Center for the History of Electronic Games... | Culture

See what games are coming out in 2015

Now - Visit our release calendar to see what games are coming out in 2015. | Promoted post

The Evil Within - The Assignment DLC Review [KKEnt]

10m ago - Iselynne wrote: Whether you think The Evil Within was a good horror game or not, I think we can a... | PC

Last chance to take advantage of the MLB 15, Story of Seasons and Toukiden: Kiwami preorder bonuses

10m ago - Gamers have a last chance over the next several days to take advantage of the MLB 15: The Show, S... | PS3

Darwin’s Doom: Evolve is Already Dead

13m ago - CraveOnline: "At the time of writing this, it’s Saturday 7:45 p.m. It’s prime time for gamers. On... | PC