Submitted by ITFGaming 961d ago | opinion piece

What happens if Sony does not reveal the PlayStation 4

Darryl Linington from ITF Gaming writes: While chatting to some like-minded Gamers, the topic of the PlayStation 4 reveal came up. While some speculated on what the specs would be, others seemed to believe that the PlayStation 4 will not be revealed at all. (Culture, Next-Gen, PS4, Sony)

Gimmemorebubblez  +   961d ago
All hell will break loose!
Crazyglues  +   961d ago
The Moon will crash into the Sun.. (and it will officially be the end of the world as we know it) all because Sony choose not to announce...

Please SONY don't disappoint us... This is the perfect time to announce and give us a true look at the future of Gaming..

#1.1 (Edited 961d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Throwingknife1986   961d ago | Spam
Hellsvacancy  +   961d ago
N4G will be bombarded with Sony hate articles, "like it was 2000 and 6" (i was "trying" to be Prince)
ravinash  +   961d ago
PS4 has no games!
ITFGaming  +   961d ago
Too true.
OmegaSlayer  +   961d ago
Jokes aside I think that after all this hype, Sony would be in a bad situation.
The gaming world has been talking almost only about Sony for the last weeks, so Sony has to absolutely deliver or the backfire will be HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE.
Even stocks may suffer a lot.
Tonester925  +   961d ago
I'm going to swan dive off of my roof. Anyone want to join?
007Bond  +   961d ago
Then there will be nerd rage across the globe.
Krew_92  +   961d ago
Isn't this one of those things that people said so, and not Sony? As in Sony never said anything about the PlayStation 4 being announced, only the people.

So this would mean that people's false hype would make Sony look bad. As stupid as that seems, that's true.

Unless they did officially say they would announce it, I haven't been keeping up with gaming news as much as I would want to lately, just been too busy.
#1.7 (Edited 961d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
TheLyonKing  +   961d ago
The world would explode!

They though infact the order of likelyness for this event is:

Ps4 Reveal
PS5 reveal
buisness profits meeting
ridge racer
ITFGaming  +   961d ago
LOL!... Sorry, I can't stop laughing!
CouldHaveYelledUiiW  +   961d ago
They get kicked in the butt is "what"!
Double_Oh_Snap  +   961d ago
lol What was the name of that conference again? Oh yeah

I mean maybe... ;)
Bathyj  +   961d ago
The four horsemen will appear, and I dont mean Ric Flair.
GreenRanger  +   961d ago
(you expected that, didn't you?)
#5.1 (Edited 961d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
GreenRanger  +   961d ago | Funny
They will announce the PS4 tonight, my dog told me they would and he never lies.
Ezio2048  +   961d ago
Superb..! :P
r21  +   961d ago
It'd be the one of the best gaming troll stunts in the world XD
Ezio2048  +   961d ago
the biggest... ;)
tigertron  +   961d ago
If they don't then Sony will go down as the greatest trolls in internet history.

They'll announce it though, I bet my car on it.
asmith2306  +   961d ago
What car you have? That's important if we want to bet you on it.
Throwingknife1986   961d ago | Spam
tigertron  +   961d ago
A 2010 Ford Fiesta.

#8.1.2 (Edited 961d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report
TimeSkipLuffy  +   961d ago
I guess that they would already made a comment if that wouldn't be the case. It wouldn't be wise to dissapoint all the loyal fanbase after reading all the news & comments accross the world. At least it would not make sense to me.

But well... if they do not announce it and show some tech demos then well... I go party with some friends this weekend as usual XD
#9 (Edited 961d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
sway_z  +   961d ago
'What happens if the Sony PS4 is not announced...'

...Erm, I would imagine we would survive as a species and life will go on?
Albie360  +   961d ago
I will be fine. I will play crysis 3 on max coming friday!!!
DARK WITNESS  +   961d ago
Total Meltdown....
Britainz-Fin3st  +   961d ago
rumours will continue and fanboys will start ww3
steve30x  +   961d ago
N4G will blow up with hate articles and Sony fans getting angry while Microsoft Fans will have a field day laughing at the Sony Fans.
Trenta27  +   961d ago
Microsoft has nothing on Sony at the moment. All they are doing is turning what was once a great console into some fancy thing to play Netflix on. -.-
josephayal  +   961d ago
Just buy a Wii U already. It's a lot of fun
ITFGaming  +   961d ago
I actually enjoy the Wii U. I am still keen to see what Sony and Microsoft will bring to the table though.
uiuhsdf   961d ago | Spam
DigitalRaptor  +   961d ago
Then fans and the media will blame Sony instead of blaming themselves for exacerbating the hype.
whamlollypop7  +   961d ago
Coddled collective hate filled hive mind that is the interwebs will boil over with dementia. As for real consequences douschebags blood pressure may rise.
m2stech  +   961d ago
Riiiiiiiiiiidge Racer.
ITFGaming  +   961d ago
You think they will launch another Ridge Racer?
TheBrit  +   961d ago
I would laugh my ass off

Then I would get pissed off because it would mean I will have to go to the 6.30 karate class instead of originally going to the 4.30 one :)
#20 (Edited 961d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
djgaby  +   961d ago
N4G.com must shutdown :P
mr_kubrick  +   961d ago
All the Sony-Boys would call their Xbox-Friends, they would go outside the house together, breath some fresh air, have fun, laugh, drink beer and they all suddenly would realize that nobody should care too much about a simple piece of plastic.
Flatbattery  +   961d ago
A disappointment obviously.
Azurite  +   961d ago
I would find the rage quite entertaining if PS4 wasn't revealed.
black911  +   961d ago
I'll be happy!!!! It's too soon for the PS4. With all the amazing PS3 games yet to be released. Also the PS3 still has alot of Power left.

#25 (Edited 961d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
xtremexx  +   961d ago
Unimaginable amounts of dissapointment will arise and then it shall turn into rage
Cloneboy15  +   960d ago
People will go loose and cause world war lll XD!!!!!!!

PS4/PS3/PS Vita Exclusive Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir Gets New Trailers Introducing Characters

44m ago - Atlus released today two new trailers of the upcoming Odin Sphere remake Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir... | PS3

Feature: Five Things Fallout 4 Needs to Get Right on PS4

48m ago - Push Square: "Blockbuster releases are strange things. You spend what feels like an eternity wait... | PS4

MoreConsole takes on Destiny: The Taken King

Now - MoreConsole's rag-tag band of guardians finally make it to the Oryx's ship...but can they make it out alive? | Promoted post

GameFocus Interviews: Rob Jones, Senior Producer of NBA 2K16

49m ago - GameFocus recently got the chance to chat with Rob Jones, Senior Producer of NBA 2K16, to discuss... | Xbox 360

Guitar Hero Live Demo Goes Live... Then the Gig Ends Early

49m ago - Here's a riddle for you: how do you play Guitar Hero Live's demo without having the new guitar co... | Xbox 360

Metal Gear Online is good fun...when it works