Submitted by ITFGaming 1010d ago | opinion piece

What happens if Sony does not reveal the PlayStation 4

Darryl Linington from ITF Gaming writes: While chatting to some like-minded Gamers, the topic of the PlayStation 4 reveal came up. While some speculated on what the specs would be, others seemed to believe that the PlayStation 4 will not be revealed at all. (Culture, Next-Gen, PS4, Sony)

Gimmemorebubblez  +   1010d ago
All hell will break loose!
Crazyglues  +   1010d ago
The Moon will crash into the Sun.. (and it will officially be the end of the world as we know it) all because Sony choose not to announce...

Please SONY don't disappoint us... This is the perfect time to announce and give us a true look at the future of Gaming..

#1.1 (Edited 1010d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Throwingknife1986   1010d ago | Spam
Hellsvacancy  +   1010d ago
N4G will be bombarded with Sony hate articles, "like it was 2000 and 6" (i was "trying" to be Prince)
ravinash  +   1010d ago
PS4 has no games!
ITFGaming  +   1010d ago
Too true.
OmegaSlayer  +   1010d ago
Jokes aside I think that after all this hype, Sony would be in a bad situation.
The gaming world has been talking almost only about Sony for the last weeks, so Sony has to absolutely deliver or the backfire will be HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE.
Even stocks may suffer a lot.
Tonester925  +   1010d ago
I'm going to swan dive off of my roof. Anyone want to join?
007Bond  +   1010d ago
Then there will be nerd rage across the globe.
Krew_92  +   1010d ago
Isn't this one of those things that people said so, and not Sony? As in Sony never said anything about the PlayStation 4 being announced, only the people.

So this would mean that people's false hype would make Sony look bad. As stupid as that seems, that's true.

Unless they did officially say they would announce it, I haven't been keeping up with gaming news as much as I would want to lately, just been too busy.
#1.7 (Edited 1010d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
TheLyonKing  +   1010d ago
The world would explode!

They though infact the order of likelyness for this event is:

Ps4 Reveal
PS5 reveal
buisness profits meeting
ridge racer
ITFGaming  +   1010d ago
LOL!... Sorry, I can't stop laughing!
CouldHaveYelledUiiW  +   1010d ago
They get kicked in the butt is "what"!
Double_Oh_Snap  +   1010d ago
lol What was the name of that conference again? Oh yeah

I mean maybe... ;)
Bathyj  +   1010d ago
The four horsemen will appear, and I dont mean Ric Flair.
GreenRanger  +   1010d ago
(you expected that, didn't you?)
#5.1 (Edited 1010d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
GreenRanger  +   1010d ago | Funny
They will announce the PS4 tonight, my dog told me they would and he never lies.
Ezio2048  +   1010d ago
Superb..! :P
r21  +   1010d ago
It'd be the one of the best gaming troll stunts in the world XD
Ezio2048  +   1010d ago
the biggest... ;)
tigertron  +   1010d ago
If they don't then Sony will go down as the greatest trolls in internet history.

They'll announce it though, I bet my car on it.
asmith2306  +   1010d ago
What car you have? That's important if we want to bet you on it.
Throwingknife1986   1010d ago | Spam
tigertron  +   1010d ago
A 2010 Ford Fiesta.

#8.1.2 (Edited 1010d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report
TimeSkipLuffy  +   1010d ago
I guess that they would already made a comment if that wouldn't be the case. It wouldn't be wise to dissapoint all the loyal fanbase after reading all the news & comments accross the world. At least it would not make sense to me.

But well... if they do not announce it and show some tech demos then well... I go party with some friends this weekend as usual XD
#9 (Edited 1010d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
sway_z  +   1010d ago
'What happens if the Sony PS4 is not announced...'

...Erm, I would imagine we would survive as a species and life will go on?
Albie360  +   1010d ago
I will be fine. I will play crysis 3 on max coming friday!!!
DARK WITNESS  +   1010d ago
Total Meltdown....
Britainz-Fin3st  +   1010d ago
rumours will continue and fanboys will start ww3
steve30x  +   1010d ago
N4G will blow up with hate articles and Sony fans getting angry while Microsoft Fans will have a field day laughing at the Sony Fans.
Trenta27  +   1010d ago
Microsoft has nothing on Sony at the moment. All they are doing is turning what was once a great console into some fancy thing to play Netflix on. -.-
josephayal  +   1010d ago
Just buy a Wii U already. It's a lot of fun
ITFGaming  +   1010d ago
I actually enjoy the Wii U. I am still keen to see what Sony and Microsoft will bring to the table though.
uiuhsdf   1010d ago | Spam
DigitalRaptor  +   1010d ago
Then fans and the media will blame Sony instead of blaming themselves for exacerbating the hype.
whamlollypop7  +   1010d ago
Coddled collective hate filled hive mind that is the interwebs will boil over with dementia. As for real consequences douschebags blood pressure may rise.
m2stech  +   1010d ago
Riiiiiiiiiiidge Racer.
ITFGaming  +   1010d ago
You think they will launch another Ridge Racer?
TheBrit  +   1010d ago
I would laugh my ass off

Then I would get pissed off because it would mean I will have to go to the 6.30 karate class instead of originally going to the 4.30 one :)
#20 (Edited 1010d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
djgaby  +   1010d ago
N4G.com must shutdown :P
mr_kubrick  +   1010d ago
All the Sony-Boys would call their Xbox-Friends, they would go outside the house together, breath some fresh air, have fun, laugh, drink beer and they all suddenly would realize that nobody should care too much about a simple piece of plastic.
Flatbattery  +   1010d ago
A disappointment obviously.
Azurite  +   1010d ago
I would find the rage quite entertaining if PS4 wasn't revealed.
black911  +   1010d ago
I'll be happy!!!! It's too soon for the PS4. With all the amazing PS3 games yet to be released. Also the PS3 still has alot of Power left.

#25 (Edited 1010d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
xtremexx  +   1010d ago
Unimaginable amounts of dissapointment will arise and then it shall turn into rage
Cloneboy15  +   1010d ago
People will go loose and cause world war lll XD!!!!!!!

Can Japanese games rule again in the West?

24m ago - Name a hit games franchise from the 1980s or ‘90s and it’s bound to be a Japanese creation: Mario... | Industry

Clockup’s Horror Nukige Euphoria Has Been Released

25m ago - Originally released by eroge producer ClockUp in June of 2011 in Japan, euphoria is highly succes... | PC

Blu-ray And DVD Highlights for November 2015

Now - With the spooky month of October all but ritualistically murdered and buried in a haunted house sitting a top an ancient Indian burial ground under... | Promoted post

Best CPUs for Gaming 2015 – Black Friday Guide to Sales

39m ago - GamersNexus: "This guide rounds-up the best gaming CPUs on sale for Black Friday, ranging from $7... | PC

Rocksmith 2014 & Cable for PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PC $34.99

54m ago - Amazon offers Prime members Rocksmith 2014 Edition with Real Tone Cable for PlayStation 4, Xbox O... | PC

Naruto Storm 4 Scan Details The Upcoming Demo

58m ago - Weekly Shonen Jump is finally here and although at first glance it seems like an old scan; the sc... | PS4