Try our new beta!Click here
Submitted by SoundGamer 1089d ago | news

PlayStation Giving Out PSN Credit To Loyal Fans

GXC: "Have you checked your PSN inbox today? Well, you may have a surprise waiting for you. Currying favor with their loyal fans ahead of their big PlayStation Meeting 2013, Sony has started to send out PSN credits to customers." (PS Vita, PS3, Tag Invalid)

Alternative Sources
dp277407  +   1089d ago
Just got mine. I though it was a joke at first.
-Alpha  +   1089d ago
Must be from all those chain emails you've forwarded!
#1.1 (Edited 1089d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
BlindMango  +   1089d ago
Haha, I know right? PSN needs a regular inbox, invite inbox for games, and a "priority" inbox from devs and Sony since I keep getting all these official messages in the past year.
zeee  +   1089d ago
Nothing here!
Skips  +   1089d ago
I thought it was a scam too at first. Almost deleted the freakin message. lol

THANK SONY!
TheRot  +   1089d ago
at first i thought it was just some douche sending me spam
ThatMiamiGuy  +   1089d ago
I didn't get anything. Maybe I don't spend enough on the PSN. :/
SoundGamer  +   1089d ago
I don't know the selection process, but I got one and it seems others are getting theirs too. Maybe they'll get to you eventually!
MrBeatdown  +   1089d ago
I don't spend a lot on PSN. The only things I've bought in the last year were CS:GO, Infamous: Festival of Blood, and Crysis. That's only about $25 worth of stuff. Still got the $10 though.

For what it's worth, I've had Plus since the start and play a ton of disc games.
#2.2 (Edited 1089d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
LOGICWINS  +   1089d ago
I got it and the only three things I've spent money on is Rock Band songs, Warhawk DLC, and PS Plus. I have $30 Amazon credit. Add that to this $10 and I have enough to buy P4: The Golden for when I gt my Vita =D
Donnieboi  +   1089d ago
Enjoy p4g. As u can tell from my avatar, I believe that it is the greatest jrpg ever. Atlus is the new Square. Enjoy your game!
LOGICWINS  +   1089d ago
Thanks!
Bumpmapping  +   1089d ago
Got mine Sony are awesome!
Jobesy  +   1089d ago
Those sly dogs, buttering up everyone for tomorrow. This is cool as hell though, it almost makes me feel like Sony is doing this as a goodbye to the PS3 era and hello to the PS4 era. The internet is going to explode tomorrow, literally! I can see many sites going down from traffic. I hope N4G stays up so I can get my news.
LOGICWINS  +   1089d ago
Got mine :)
MrBeatdown  +   1089d ago
Got mine! Can't beat free money!

And I didn't even have to send a copy of that message I got to 100 people. Sadly, I didn't get my Halo 5 beta invite along with my $10.
#5 (Edited 1089d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
no_more_heroes  +   1089d ago
Got a $5 credit a few days ago. Spent that on exactly one avatar pic and FF VII.
NonApplicable  +   1089d ago
That was a extremely unexpected surprise! Makes me think Sony are cooking up good will for the PS4 reveal tomorrow.
first1NFANTRY  +   1089d ago
Who does this huh? seriously who does? Sony are just too much!

Their like that uncle you only see during Christmas/birthdays who spoils you with nothing but positiveness.

PS4 day one purchase
BlindMango  +   1089d ago
Got mine! Interesting, thanks a bunch Sony!

I wonder who qualifies with this? Long-time PSN users that are "loyal customers" (users that have spent a lot over the years) at the PS Store? PS+ Users? Interesting... Already a great start to what will certainly be an awesome February 20th, down to the first minute of the day! Haha (I got this message at 12:00 AM Central Time )
#9 (Edited 1089d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
smashcrashbash  +   1089d ago
I got it too.But they said it expires 03/05/13. That's the 3rd of May right? Or is it the 5th of March?
BlindMango  +   1089d ago
That's the 5th of March, claim it quickly!
smashcrashbash  +   1089d ago
Oh, okay.I misunderstood though. I assumed they meant that you have to use it by March the 5th but they meant you have to claim it before then. That makes more sense.
BlindMango  +   1089d ago
Yes, it's the claim deadline, they can't exactly take funds out of your Store wallet, that would suck! lol
SoundGamer  +   1089d ago
If it was in your North American PSN inbox, March 5, 2013.
Shinekami  +   1089d ago
Got mine too. time to buy FF8 and FF9
evilhasitsway  +   1089d ago
i got mine :)
TheLastGuardian  +   1089d ago
I haven't got anything yet. I'm starting to worry that Sony forgot about me. I've owned a PS3 since 2007 and a PS Vita since June 2012 and spent thousands on both of them, hundreds of dollars on the PlayStation Store. I login to PSN just about everyday. I'm as loyal as they come. If I don't get $10 PSN credit, no big deal really. It'll just feel like a punch in the gut from Sony, my favorite gaming company. I'll be devastated if they forgot about me.
#13 (Edited 1089d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Outside_ofthe_Box  +   1089d ago
I didn't get one. I don't spend much on PSN so that could be it, but then again some people on here say that they got it despite not spending much. Maybe it could be because I never paid for PS+.

Did anyone that never subscribed to PS+(meaning you never paid the $50) get one?
#14 (Edited 1089d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
tubers  +   1089d ago
I didn't get anything. Too bad for me!

I've spent 40 bucks and a current PS+ subscriber.

I have bad luck with these things.. including missing a lot of slick deals :P

Time for some self loathing ;)
#15 (Edited 1089d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
FFXI101  +   1089d ago
Got mine too :)
Blackcanary  +   1089d ago
My ps3 dead it's got YLOD I need to get it fixed the only thing I can use is my PS Vita and there is no love in my inbox u guys are lucky.

The people getting it are you guys all from the US if so no UK/Europe love from Sony.
#17 (Edited 1089d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
lovegames718  +   1089d ago
Got one five months ago.
ima_hustla_19  +   1089d ago
i spend alot of time on my ps3 and psn and still havent got 1.dont get me wrong ima buy a ps4 when its out n ps3 n vita games but if i dont get 1 im gonna be a lil disappointed in PlayStation.of course that will instantly go away at 6pm today when the ps4 is shown off.
Mariye  +   1089d ago
I bet you'll get one too. Perhaps it just is taking time to roll out the credits to everyone?
rbluetank  +   1089d ago
i just checked my Ps3 messages. i got the $10 message from PSN for both Ps3s. it might be for everybody or plus members. it pretty cool to get $10 for just having fun playing video games.
Mariye  +   1089d ago
Got mine. I'm saving it in the hopes SkullGirls goes on sale February 26 as part of that awards thing.
hongthay  +   1088d ago
just got mine. This goes toward the Sly cooper Thieves in Time that I was getting anyway.
XIIIWARRIOR41  +   1085d ago
I received it and thought it was a scam too. For the record, I spend a lot of money on PSN so I take this as a solid gift. I think they select ID's out of random and start sending. Don't be hurt if you didn't get it, I believe it's just a matter of time before you get yours.

Media Molecule’s PS4 Exclusive Dreams Gets New Foreboding Screenshot and Artwork

6m ago - If you want to see more about Media Molecule’s upcoming PS4 exclusive Dreams, the developer just... | PS4

Games and Alzheimer’s: It’s Complicated

13m ago - While dementia and Alzheimer’s impact the lives of millions, it’s a relatively rare subject in th... | PC

Guess N4G Game of the Year Winners, win a $300 Amazon Gift Card

Now - Also enter for a chance to win a gift card for writing a user blog, writing a user review, or being a top contributor for the month. | Promoted post

Antraxx Is Bringing Back The Isometric Mech Shooter In Fall 2016

37m ago - Customize your own mech, create maps, and then destroy your friends online. | PC

Marvel's Diablo Plays Better With A Game Controller Too

3h ago - Kotaku: "Diablo-esque MMO Marvel Heroes recently kicked off its 2016 season with a massive update... | PC

Rick Fox's Terrible League of Legends Team Has Five Weeks To Save Its Season