Submitted by SoundGamer 767d ago | news

PlayStation Giving Out PSN Credit To Loyal Fans

GXC: "Have you checked your PSN inbox today? Well, you may have a surprise waiting for you. Currying favor with their loyal fans ahead of their big PlayStation Meeting 2013, Sony has started to send out PSN credits to customers." (PS Vita, PS3, Tag Invalid)

Alternative Sources
dp277407  +   767d ago
Just got mine. I though it was a joke at first.
-Alpha  +   767d ago
Must be from all those chain emails you've forwarded!
#1.1 (Edited 767d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
BlindMango  +   767d ago
Haha, I know right? PSN needs a regular inbox, invite inbox for games, and a "priority" inbox from devs and Sony since I keep getting all these official messages in the past year.
zeee  +   767d ago
Nothing here!
Skips  +   767d ago
I thought it was a scam too at first. Almost deleted the freakin message. lol

THANK SONY!
TheRot  +   767d ago
at first i thought it was just some douche sending me spam
ThatMiamiGuy  +   767d ago
I didn't get anything. Maybe I don't spend enough on the PSN. :/
SoundGamer  +   767d ago
I don't know the selection process, but I got one and it seems others are getting theirs too. Maybe they'll get to you eventually!
MrBeatdown  +   767d ago
I don't spend a lot on PSN. The only things I've bought in the last year were CS:GO, Infamous: Festival of Blood, and Crysis. That's only about $25 worth of stuff. Still got the $10 though.

For what it's worth, I've had Plus since the start and play a ton of disc games.
#2.2 (Edited 767d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
LOGICWINS  +   767d ago
I got it and the only three things I've spent money on is Rock Band songs, Warhawk DLC, and PS Plus. I have $30 Amazon credit. Add that to this $10 and I have enough to buy P4: The Golden for when I gt my Vita =D
Donnieboi  +   767d ago
Enjoy p4g. As u can tell from my avatar, I believe that it is the greatest jrpg ever. Atlus is the new Square. Enjoy your game!
LOGICWINS  +   767d ago
Thanks!
Bumpmapping  +   767d ago
Got mine Sony are awesome!
Jobesy  +   767d ago
Those sly dogs, buttering up everyone for tomorrow. This is cool as hell though, it almost makes me feel like Sony is doing this as a goodbye to the PS3 era and hello to the PS4 era. The internet is going to explode tomorrow, literally! I can see many sites going down from traffic. I hope N4G stays up so I can get my news.
LOGICWINS  +   767d ago
Got mine :)
MrBeatdown  +   767d ago
Got mine! Can't beat free money!

And I didn't even have to send a copy of that message I got to 100 people. Sadly, I didn't get my Halo 5 beta invite along with my $10.
#5 (Edited 767d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
no_more_heroes  +   767d ago
Got a $5 credit a few days ago. Spent that on exactly one avatar pic and FF VII.
NonApplicable  +   767d ago
That was a extremely unexpected surprise! Makes me think Sony are cooking up good will for the PS4 reveal tomorrow.
first1NFANTRY  +   767d ago
Who does this huh? seriously who does? Sony are just too much!

Their like that uncle you only see during Christmas/birthdays who spoils you with nothing but positiveness.

PS4 day one purchase
BlindMango  +   767d ago
Got mine! Interesting, thanks a bunch Sony!

I wonder who qualifies with this? Long-time PSN users that are "loyal customers" (users that have spent a lot over the years) at the PS Store? PS+ Users? Interesting... Already a great start to what will certainly be an awesome February 20th, down to the first minute of the day! Haha (I got this message at 12:00 AM Central Time )
#9 (Edited 767d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
smashcrashbash  +   767d ago
I got it too.But they said it expires 03/05/13. That's the 3rd of May right? Or is it the 5th of March?
BlindMango  +   767d ago
That's the 5th of March, claim it quickly!
smashcrashbash  +   767d ago
Oh, okay.I misunderstood though. I assumed they meant that you have to use it by March the 5th but they meant you have to claim it before then. That makes more sense.
BlindMango  +   767d ago
Yes, it's the claim deadline, they can't exactly take funds out of your Store wallet, that would suck! lol
SoundGamer  +   767d ago
If it was in your North American PSN inbox, March 5, 2013.
Shinekami  +   767d ago
Got mine too. time to buy FF8 and FF9
evilhasitsway  +   767d ago
i got mine :)
TheLastGuardian  +   767d ago
I haven't got anything yet. I'm starting to worry that Sony forgot about me. I've owned a PS3 since 2007 and a PS Vita since June 2012 and spent thousands on both of them, hundreds of dollars on the PlayStation Store. I login to PSN just about everyday. I'm as loyal as they come. If I don't get $10 PSN credit, no big deal really. It'll just feel like a punch in the gut from Sony, my favorite gaming company. I'll be devastated if they forgot about me.
#13 (Edited 767d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Outside_ofthe_Box  +   767d ago
I didn't get one. I don't spend much on PSN so that could be it, but then again some people on here say that they got it despite not spending much. Maybe it could be because I never paid for PS+.

Did anyone that never subscribed to PS+(meaning you never paid the $50) get one?
#14 (Edited 767d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
tubers  +   767d ago
I didn't get anything. Too bad for me!

I've spent 40 bucks and a current PS+ subscriber.

I have bad luck with these things.. including missing a lot of slick deals :P

Time for some self loathing ;)
#15 (Edited 767d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
FFXI101  +   767d ago
Got mine too :)
Blackcanary  +   767d ago
My ps3 dead it's got YLOD I need to get it fixed the only thing I can use is my PS Vita and there is no love in my inbox u guys are lucky.

The people getting it are you guys all from the US if so no UK/Europe love from Sony.
#17 (Edited 767d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
lovegames718  +   767d ago
Got one five months ago.
ima_hustla_19  +   767d ago
i spend alot of time on my ps3 and psn and still havent got 1.dont get me wrong ima buy a ps4 when its out n ps3 n vita games but if i dont get 1 im gonna be a lil disappointed in PlayStation.of course that will instantly go away at 6pm today when the ps4 is shown off.
Mariye  +   766d ago
I bet you'll get one too. Perhaps it just is taking time to roll out the credits to everyone?
rbluetank  +   767d ago
i just checked my Ps3 messages. i got the $10 message from PSN for both Ps3s. it might be for everybody or plus members. it pretty cool to get $10 for just having fun playing video games.
Mariye  +   766d ago
Got mine. I'm saving it in the hopes SkullGirls goes on sale February 26 as part of that awards thing.
hongthay  +   766d ago
just got mine. This goes toward the Sly cooper Thieves in Time that I was getting anyway.
XIIIWARRIOR41  +   763d ago
I received it and thought it was a scam too. For the record, I spend a lot of money on PSN so I take this as a solid gift. I think they select ID's out of random and start sending. Don't be hurt if you didn't get it, I believe it's just a matter of time before you get yours.

Change Your Appearance In ESO: How It Might Go Down

34m ago - Skyrim Fansite writes: "The ability to change your appearance in ESO could be implemented in diff... | PC

Battlefield Hardline Hacker Mode In-Depth | XP Goldmine

35m ago - An in-depth guide to Battlefield Hardline's Hacker Mode. | PC

Find out when Uncharted 4 releases on PS4

Now - Start tracking Uncharted 4 at Releases.com to get important updates about this game release. | Promoted post

Storytime with Andy - It's Unreal

39m ago - Andy writes - "My first foray into first-person shooters in general, was Unreal Tournament 99. It... | PC

What Games Belong in the World Video Game Hall of Fame? We Asked A Few Developers

45m ago - Warp Zoned writes: "This Summer, the International Center for the History of Electronic Games... | Culture

Darwin’s Doom: Evolve is Already Dead

51m ago - CraveOnline: "At the time of writing this, it’s Saturday 7:45 p.m. It’s prime time for gamers. On... | PC