Submitted by SoundGamer 669d ago | news

PlayStation Giving Out PSN Credit To Loyal Fans

GXC: "Have you checked your PSN inbox today? Well, you may have a surprise waiting for you. Currying favor with their loyal fans ahead of their big PlayStation Meeting 2013, Sony has started to send out PSN credits to customers." (PS Vita, PS3, Tag Invalid)

Alternative Sources
dp277407  +   669d ago
Just got mine. I though it was a joke at first.
-Alpha  +   669d ago
Must be from all those chain emails you've forwarded!
#1.1 (Edited 669d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
BlindMango  +   669d ago
Haha, I know right? PSN needs a regular inbox, invite inbox for games, and a "priority" inbox from devs and Sony since I keep getting all these official messages in the past year.
zeee  +   669d ago
Nothing here!
Skips  +   669d ago
I thought it was a scam too at first. Almost deleted the freakin message. lol

THANK SONY!
TheRot  +   669d ago
at first i thought it was just some douche sending me spam
ThatMiamiGuy  +   669d ago
I didn't get anything. Maybe I don't spend enough on the PSN. :/
SoundGamer  +   669d ago
I don't know the selection process, but I got one and it seems others are getting theirs too. Maybe they'll get to you eventually!
MrBeatdown  +   669d ago
I don't spend a lot on PSN. The only things I've bought in the last year were CS:GO, Infamous: Festival of Blood, and Crysis. That's only about $25 worth of stuff. Still got the $10 though.

For what it's worth, I've had Plus since the start and play a ton of disc games.
#2.2 (Edited 669d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
LOGICWINS  +   669d ago
I got it and the only three things I've spent money on is Rock Band songs, Warhawk DLC, and PS Plus. I have $30 Amazon credit. Add that to this $10 and I have enough to buy P4: The Golden for when I gt my Vita =D
Donnieboi  +   669d ago
Enjoy p4g. As u can tell from my avatar, I believe that it is the greatest jrpg ever. Atlus is the new Square. Enjoy your game!
LOGICWINS  +   669d ago
Thanks!
Bumpmapping  +   669d ago
Got mine Sony are awesome!
Jobesy  +   669d ago
Those sly dogs, buttering up everyone for tomorrow. This is cool as hell though, it almost makes me feel like Sony is doing this as a goodbye to the PS3 era and hello to the PS4 era. The internet is going to explode tomorrow, literally! I can see many sites going down from traffic. I hope N4G stays up so I can get my news.
LOGICWINS  +   669d ago
Got mine :)
MrBeatdown  +   669d ago
Got mine! Can't beat free money!

And I didn't even have to send a copy of that message I got to 100 people. Sadly, I didn't get my Halo 5 beta invite along with my $10.
#5 (Edited 669d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
no_more_heroes  +   669d ago
Got a $5 credit a few days ago. Spent that on exactly one avatar pic and FF VII.
NonApplicable  +   669d ago
That was a extremely unexpected surprise! Makes me think Sony are cooking up good will for the PS4 reveal tomorrow.
first1NFANTRY  +   669d ago
Who does this huh? seriously who does? Sony are just too much!

Their like that uncle you only see during Christmas/birthdays who spoils you with nothing but positiveness.

PS4 day one purchase
BlindMango  +   669d ago
Got mine! Interesting, thanks a bunch Sony!

I wonder who qualifies with this? Long-time PSN users that are "loyal customers" (users that have spent a lot over the years) at the PS Store? PS+ Users? Interesting... Already a great start to what will certainly be an awesome February 20th, down to the first minute of the day! Haha (I got this message at 12:00 AM Central Time )
#9 (Edited 669d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
smashcrashbash  +   669d ago
I got it too.But they said it expires 03/05/13. That's the 3rd of May right? Or is it the 5th of March?
BlindMango  +   669d ago
That's the 5th of March, claim it quickly!
smashcrashbash  +   669d ago
Oh, okay.I misunderstood though. I assumed they meant that you have to use it by March the 5th but they meant you have to claim it before then. That makes more sense.
BlindMango  +   669d ago
Yes, it's the claim deadline, they can't exactly take funds out of your Store wallet, that would suck! lol
SoundGamer  +   669d ago
If it was in your North American PSN inbox, March 5, 2013.
Shinekami  +   669d ago
Got mine too. time to buy FF8 and FF9
evilhasitsway  +   669d ago
i got mine :)
TheLastGuardian  +   669d ago
I haven't got anything yet. I'm starting to worry that Sony forgot about me. I've owned a PS3 since 2007 and a PS Vita since June 2012 and spent thousands on both of them, hundreds of dollars on the PlayStation Store. I login to PSN just about everyday. I'm as loyal as they come. If I don't get $10 PSN credit, no big deal really. It'll just feel like a punch in the gut from Sony, my favorite gaming company. I'll be devastated if they forgot about me.
#13 (Edited 669d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Outside_ofthe_Box  +   669d ago
I didn't get one. I don't spend much on PSN so that could be it, but then again some people on here say that they got it despite not spending much. Maybe it could be because I never paid for PS+.

Did anyone that never subscribed to PS+(meaning you never paid the $50) get one?
#14 (Edited 669d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
tubers  +   669d ago
I didn't get anything. Too bad for me!

I've spent 40 bucks and a current PS+ subscriber.

I have bad luck with these things.. including missing a lot of slick deals :P

Time for some self loathing ;)
#15 (Edited 669d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
FFXI101  +   669d ago
Got mine too :)
Blackcanary  +   669d ago
My ps3 dead it's got YLOD I need to get it fixed the only thing I can use is my PS Vita and there is no love in my inbox u guys are lucky.

The people getting it are you guys all from the US if so no UK/Europe love from Sony.
#17 (Edited 669d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
lovegames718  +   669d ago
Got one five months ago.
ima_hustla_19  +   669d ago
i spend alot of time on my ps3 and psn and still havent got 1.dont get me wrong ima buy a ps4 when its out n ps3 n vita games but if i dont get 1 im gonna be a lil disappointed in PlayStation.of course that will instantly go away at 6pm today when the ps4 is shown off.
Mariye  +   668d ago
I bet you'll get one too. Perhaps it just is taking time to roll out the credits to everyone?
rbluetank  +   668d ago
i just checked my Ps3 messages. i got the $10 message from PSN for both Ps3s. it might be for everybody or plus members. it pretty cool to get $10 for just having fun playing video games.
Mariye  +   668d ago
Got mine. I'm saving it in the hopes SkullGirls goes on sale February 26 as part of that awards thing.
hongthay  +   668d ago
just got mine. This goes toward the Sly cooper Thieves in Time that I was getting anyway.
XIIIWARRIOR41  +   664d ago
I received it and thought it was a scam too. For the record, I spend a lot of money on PSN so I take this as a solid gift. I think they select ID's out of random and start sending. Don't be hurt if you didn't get it, I believe it's just a matter of time before you get yours.

New Dot Arena promo image features cute Korean idol Youngji

26m ago - It was recently revealed that rising Korean star Youngji has been chosen as the spokesmodel for t... | iPhone

Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana Tracks Coming To Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call

41m ago - Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call is getting a downloadable content pack with music from Ch... | 3DS

RouteZ

41m ago - In RouteZ, your goal is quite simple: drive to survive! Barrel through hordes of zombies in searc... | Arcade

DreadOut Act 2 Will Be Out Soon, New Screenshots Show Fresh Horrors

42m ago - Fatal Frame-eseque horror game DreadOut has been updated in preparation for the forthcoming secon... | PC

Are you bored?

Now - Watch 10 seconds videos about games and game culture at COUB Gaming... | Promoted post

Far Cry 4 Review | ITF Gaming

43m ago - Far Cry 4 is a great game and is extremely addictive. While the characters are either a little bo... | PC