Submitted by bunt-custardly 508d ago | rumor

Assassin's Creed 4 coming to Europe in WWII?

A new Assassin's Creed announcement next week opens up more speculation about the next game in the series. (Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Next-Gen, PC, PS3, Xbox 360)

Hard to tell
Is this rumor true? Rumor votes 11
Root  +   508d ago
Wonder if they will do that idea they talked about where you'll play a women assassin in London during WW2 where all the men are off fighting in the war and you discover the bigger picture about the war which is going on behind closed doors.
Dmd  +   508d ago
Sounds good. Even though I find the setting boring, something like that could make it interesting.
Root  +   508d ago

However

Being a British women assassin in London where all the men have went to war and only women, children and the more powerful men walk the streets would be an interesting concept.

I would love it if they make her a high up British women who's family/husband is killed because of the war and good life comes crashing down on her making her a women with nothing to loose. Seeing a high up first class women break bad and train to be a killing machine would be fantastic
MurDocINC  +   508d ago
I hope the cars have good driving physics and lots of stunt jumps. ;-)
Dmd  +   508d ago
Dude, I was agreeing with you. I've said I find the setting (WWII) boring, but your idea could make it interesting - which is the same thing you've just said in your reply:

"I would find the setting boring if we actually had to take part in the battlefield as a typical soldier like assassin" but [insert your own idea here] and it's now interesting.
#1.3 (Edited 508d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Root  +   507d ago
I never said I disagreed with you, I was just elaborating on my first comment
DOMination-  +   508d ago
Cant wait to see a next gen AC
KillrateOmega  +   508d ago
An Assassin's Creed iteration set during the WW2 era? Now that would be awesome! Maybe they'll go with that idea that I've heard talk of where you play as a female assassin during wartime when all the men are off at war.

Regardless, they better let me assassinate Hitler AC-style >:)
#2 (Edited 508d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
MattyG  +   508d ago
World War eleven? Are you a time traveler??
#2.1 (Edited 508d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
KillrateOmega  +   508d ago
That was a mistake on my part. It has already been edited.
MattyG  +   508d ago
Haha yeah I know, just kidding around.
guitarded77  +   508d ago
Don't know if it's true or not, but that would be a great way to revive the WWII genre. We haven't had a good open world WWII game since The Saboteur. If they do it, I hope they capture the cold/dark essence of the time, and set it in Germany. London would be nice, but it's been played out, and France was too sun shiny for such a heavy subject. Being in Germany with Nazis all around would be awesome.
#3 (Edited 508d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
-Gespenst-  +   508d ago
Next week?? Are they actually announcing something next week? Way too soon... Unless it's some sort of DLC, but they wouldn't hire a venue just to announce DLC...
#4 (Edited 508d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
BanBrother  +   508d ago
Jack The Ripper London. Nuff said.

You have to track down who Jack The Ripper is, with a massive conspiracy theory. You also get to fight Jekyll and Hyde. They could throw some really awesome ideas behind it. London also looked amazing back them, with plenty of roof to roof jumping available.
KillrateOmega  +   508d ago
Cool concept :)
aliengmr  +   508d ago
Personally I would have preferred something a bit more obscure.

Maybe Russia in the 1920's and early 1930's.
Swiggins  +   508d ago
They already made an Assassins Creed game set in WW2...it was called Velvet Assassin...and it was awesome!

The Saboteur was also kinda like an Assassins Creed game.
#7 (Edited 508d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
SonyStyled  +   507d ago
i very much enjoyes the saboteur. your statement reflects the reason the image above is from the saboteur
Vithar  +   508d ago
sick of nazies, choose another era please :)
Sanquine90  +   508d ago
Never sick of nazi's. The modern shooter is so so bad:( I just want to play call of duty ( The one you needed skills without stupied perks) 2 again. MP 44 :D My favorite.
SonyStyled  +   507d ago
you do realize WWII took place with more than just nazis right? there was the whole pacific theatre. pearl harbor ring a bell? okinawa? terowa? iwu jima? guam? guadalcanal? ...you get the point
Sanquine90  +   508d ago
I Would prefer First world war... You know the great war which because of the Assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria
2pacalypsenow  +   508d ago
They should do WWI everyone knows about WWII
ginsunuva  +   507d ago
Spy on Nazis.
Wait I forgot AC is an action game now, not stealth, so we'll probably be fighting in the front lines.
PedroMarthon  +   504d ago
Ok the pic is obviously from "The Saboteur" and no way, WWII seriously? Come on the assassin's will loose everything that we used to see, Where are his swords? His blades?I mean how will he be able to use them if everyone he will attack have a huge machine gun...I cant vote to accept this Idea.(Words from Assassin's Creed fan).But BTW I love the IDEA.

New Scribblenauts Unmasked Toys Announced

4m ago - DC Collectibles, a division of DC Comics, have announced the fifth and sixth series of action fig... | Culture

Transworld Endless Skater Cheats And Tips

4m ago - Robert Workman (Modojo): Remember the PlayStation era, when you built combos and met scoring chal... | iPhone

Pre-Sale for Dead Space 3 Isaac Clarke Statue Announced

5m ago - Threezero have announced that the pre-sale for their Dead Space 3 Isaac Clarke statue — which has... | Culture

Harrowing Valve Resignation Letter Leaked

36m ago - Hardcore Gamer: Fabian Giesen, a contractor who had been working on Valve's virtual reality team,... | Tech

Study Game Design at DeVry

Dengen Chronicles Preview

41m ago - GotGame: The game was fun, though it felt rather…predictable. Then, in one match where I happened... | Mobile