Submitted by bunt-custardly 962d ago | rumor

Assassin's Creed 4 coming to Europe in WWII?

A new Assassin's Creed announcement next week opens up more speculation about the next game in the series. (Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Next-Gen, PC, PS3, Xbox 360)

Hard to tell
Is this rumor true? Rumor votes 11
Root  +   962d ago
Wonder if they will do that idea they talked about where you'll play a women assassin in London during WW2 where all the men are off fighting in the war and you discover the bigger picture about the war which is going on behind closed doors.
Tdmd  +   962d ago
Sounds good. Even though I find the setting boring, something like that could make it interesting.
Root  +   962d ago

Being a British women assassin in London where all the men have went to war and only women, children and the more powerful men walk the streets would be an interesting concept.

I would love it if they make her a high up British women who's family/husband is killed because of the war and good life comes crashing down on her making her a women with nothing to loose. Seeing a high up first class women break bad and train to be a killing machine would be fantastic
MurDocINC  +   962d ago
I hope the cars have good driving physics and lots of stunt jumps. ;-)
Tdmd  +   962d ago
Dude, I was agreeing with you. I've said I find the setting (WWII) boring, but your idea could make it interesting - which is the same thing you've just said in your reply:

"I would find the setting boring if we actually had to take part in the battlefield as a typical soldier like assassin" but [insert your own idea here] and it's now interesting.
#1.3 (Edited 962d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Root  +   962d ago
I never said I disagreed with you, I was just elaborating on my first comment
DOMination-  +   962d ago
Cant wait to see a next gen AC
KillrateOmega  +   962d ago
An Assassin's Creed iteration set during the WW2 era? Now that would be awesome! Maybe they'll go with that idea that I've heard talk of where you play as a female assassin during wartime when all the men are off at war.

Regardless, they better let me assassinate Hitler AC-style >:)
#2 (Edited 962d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
MattyG  +   962d ago
World War eleven? Are you a time traveler??
#2.1 (Edited 962d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
KillrateOmega  +   962d ago
That was a mistake on my part. It has already been edited.
MattyG  +   962d ago
Haha yeah I know, just kidding around.
guitarded77  +   962d ago
Don't know if it's true or not, but that would be a great way to revive the WWII genre. We haven't had a good open world WWII game since The Saboteur. If they do it, I hope they capture the cold/dark essence of the time, and set it in Germany. London would be nice, but it's been played out, and France was too sun shiny for such a heavy subject. Being in Germany with Nazis all around would be awesome.
#3 (Edited 962d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
-Gespenst-  +   962d ago
Next week?? Are they actually announcing something next week? Way too soon... Unless it's some sort of DLC, but they wouldn't hire a venue just to announce DLC...
#4 (Edited 962d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
BanBrother  +   962d ago
Jack The Ripper London. Nuff said.

You have to track down who Jack The Ripper is, with a massive conspiracy theory. You also get to fight Jekyll and Hyde. They could throw some really awesome ideas behind it. London also looked amazing back them, with plenty of roof to roof jumping available.
KillrateOmega  +   962d ago
Cool concept :)
aliengmr  +   962d ago
Personally I would have preferred something a bit more obscure.

Maybe Russia in the 1920's and early 1930's.
Swiggins  +   962d ago
They already made an Assassins Creed game set in WW2...it was called Velvet Assassin...and it was awesome!

The Saboteur was also kinda like an Assassins Creed game.
#7 (Edited 962d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
SonyStyled  +   962d ago
i very much enjoyes the saboteur. your statement reflects the reason the image above is from the saboteur
Vithar  +   962d ago
sick of nazies, choose another era please :)
Sanquine90  +   962d ago
Never sick of nazi's. The modern shooter is so so bad:( I just want to play call of duty ( The one you needed skills without stupied perks) 2 again. MP 44 :D My favorite.
SonyStyled  +   962d ago
you do realize WWII took place with more than just nazis right? there was the whole pacific theatre. pearl harbor ring a bell? okinawa? terowa? iwu jima? guam? guadalcanal? ...you get the point
Sanquine90  +   962d ago
I Would prefer First world war... You know the great war which because of the Assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria
2pacalypsenow  +   962d ago
They should do WWI everyone knows about WWII
ginsunuva  +   962d ago
Spy on Nazis.
Wait I forgot AC is an action game now, not stealth, so we'll probably be fighting in the front lines.
PedroMarthon  +   958d ago
Ok the pic is obviously from "The Saboteur" and no way, WWII seriously? Come on the assassin's will loose everything that we used to see, Where are his swords? His blades?I mean how will he be able to use them if everyone he will attack have a huge machine gun...I cant vote to accept this Idea.(Words from Assassin's Creed fan).But BTW I love the IDEA.

Is The Force Strong With Star Wars BattleFront Beta?

4m ago - Poli Games discusses Star Wars BattleFront beta. How has the game changed from Battlefront 2? Has... | PC

Sheltered Is All Fun And Games Until Mom Pukes On Dad - Cliqist

5m ago - Suzanne Verras writes: "Sheltered is a post-apocalyptic disaster management game by Unicube. You... | PC

MoreConsole takes on Destiny: The Taken King

Now - MoreConsole's rag-tag band of guardians finally make it to the Oryx's ship...but can they make it out alive? | Promoted post

Sony’s New Bundles And The Upcoming PlayStation Experience Look To Keep The Momentum Rolling

5m ago - Sony's reveal of multiple new bundles as well as their upcoming convention show that Sony is look... | PS4

Guitar Hero Live Jamie Jackson Interview

5m ago - Guitar Hero Live FreeStyle Games creative director Jamie Jackson details the music rhythm game re... | PS4

Rare Replay: New update

6m ago - Hello Rare Replayers! Today rare is rolling out a new content update for Rare Replay. Primaril... | Xbox One