Submitted by Gekko 527d ago | trailer

MLB 13 The Show Looks Pretty Damn Impressive On The Vita

Matt Liebl: ''We've known for a while now that MLB 13 The Show will offer a cross-play between the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita; however, everything we've seen of the game so far has been of PS3 gameplay footage. Sony sought to fix this by releasing today a new MLB 13 The Show trailer composed entirely of Vita gameplay footage.
As you can see from the video below, it looks pretty damn good.'' (MLB 13: The Show, PS Vita)

Attached Video
Snookies12  +   527d ago
*sigh* Simulation stuff... What ever happened to arcade sports games? Sure I like simulation once in a while, but that's all there are lately. Aside from games like NFL Blitz and NBA Jam.

Although yes, this does look very pretty on the Vita. I just yearn for the days of Triple Play back on PS1 lol.
#1 (Edited 527d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(25) | Report | Reply
Hicken  +   527d ago
People stopped enjoying them. The numbers for their sales went down, indicating a lack of demand. Now that they're no longer around, it's kinda hard to say how high the demand currently is.

I hope I can transfer my players over.
Snookies12  +   527d ago
Apparently not very high with all those disagrees I got. Oh well, guess I'm in a very small minority with this way of thinking for sports games.
Skate-AK  +   527d ago
Don't forget 2k's The Biggs and The Biggs 2.
guitarded77  +   527d ago
@ Snookies12

Disagrees aren't from the lack of want for a fun arcade baseball game, they're from the "*sigh* Simulation" in regard to "The Show". I mean, you clicked on a story about "The Show" and open with "*sigh*".

MLB The Show is considered by many to be the most authentic baseball game on the market, and has a huge following. Yes, it's more sim than arcade, but it does what it does well.

As for an arcade baseball game, there are some out there, but mostly crap. I wouldn't mind seeing a decent/fun baseball game either. Hot Shots on Vita is a fun golf game, I recommend checking it out.
#1.3 (Edited 527d ago ) | Agree(15) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Snookies12  +   527d ago
Oh no, I get that now, but I can't exactly re-word it now... Didn't mean for it to come off as anything against The Show itself. I'm just personally wishing for a return of arcade-type sports games is all.
#1.3.1 (Edited 527d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(2) | Report
Playstation4LyFe  +   527d ago
Dude, I miss those days, when you could play a fun arcade sports game.. everythings too serious now, games are taking themselves too seriously..
itBourne  +   527d ago
I agree with you to an extent, I love the show, and madden but I tweak and tweak settings to get them as realistic as possible because I think they are bad at being simulations lol. On the other end I do enjoy the arcade games because they are made to be arcady, i guess I dont like the middle ground. I miss Slugfest though, and NFL street was an absolute and utter blast to play.
Yodagamer  +   527d ago
Basicly midway died they were one of the main ones who did them, along with ea. Once midway died ea, as usual when there is no competition, quit caring. Thus the death of retail arcade sports titles. Though ea did bring back nba jam and blitz.
Pillsbury1  +   527d ago
Launch games for ANY console always don't look as good as what comes after. It takes developers time to learn the systems ins and outs. Killzone mercenary proves vitas graphical power.
ryuuk  +   527d ago
I doubt it'll look that good :/
nevin1  +   527d ago
I tried MLB 12 demo at GameStop and it looked impressive.
ryuuk  +   527d ago
I have it. It wasn't as good as they showed. They can do better. It's great though. But in a few years I'm sure they'll finally get there.
guitarded77  +   527d ago
Have you played Vita? Some games look amazing like Uncharted, LBP, Wipeout, Mortal Kombat, New Little King's Story, PlayStatio All-Stars, Rayman Origins,Virtua Tennis, etc... Sure there are those that look horrible like Spy hunter, but the handheld is quite capable.
#3.2 (Edited 527d ago ) | Agree(10) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
profgerbik  +   527d ago
Oh hell yea! That does look fun, looks good also will be the first sports game I will have played on my Vita.
#4 (Edited 527d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
strigoi814  +   527d ago
Oh well i still really hope this is a cross buy but it aint
Skate-AK  +   527d ago
At least it's buy the PS3 version and get the Vita version for $20.
MadMen  +   527d ago
Big fan of the MLB series on the PS3, too bad the vita is dead
#6 (Edited 527d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(26) | Report | Reply
WeAreLegion  +   527d ago
Mine's working. What's wrong with yours?
MadMen  +   526d ago
Ask SONY on Vita, they have the sales numbers.

Under contact us on SONY.com

Good Luck
TongkatAli  +   526d ago
You have to come up with more material for the Vita. The Vita is here to stay, : )
WeAreLegion  +   527d ago
The Vita version of 12 looked fantastic, so I can't wait to see what they do with more experience. :) I'm getting both versions.
megamanX2  +   527d ago
lol this is why the vita is failing nobody wants console games on their handheld, and that's why there is a thing called ps3.
profgerbik  +   526d ago
Funny I am buying it for the Vita. I would rather play sports games on a handheld than a console anyday.
#8.1 (Edited 526d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
abzdine  +   527d ago
i wish all other sport games developers took example from MLB The Show with its gorgeous graphics. the EA Sports games suck
jp_footy2  +   526d ago
Agree with you abzdine, but it's because other sports games are multi-platform.
abzdine  +   526d ago
and i agree with you on this one! SONY exclusives rock in terms of graphics and performance.

Marvel‘s Guardians of the Galaxy skin pack coming to Minecraft

15m ago - James writes - "With the film about to hit the cinemas it makes sense to announce a Guardians of... | Xbox 360

Another Hyrule Warriors stream coming on Thursday - Miyamoto, Aonuma, and others attending

43m ago - Hyrule Warriors will be seeing another streaming event this week. | Wii U

Paper Mario Stage Announced for Super Smash Bros. for 3DS

52m ago - It was revealed today that Super Smash Bros. for 3DS will include a stage based on the Paper Mari... | 3DS

The Good, The Bad, and What The: Kat from Devil May Cry

1h ago - So Kat is the girl that basically replaces Trish in the new “DmC” reboot. In terms of her spot in... | Xbox 360

Start Making Games for the PS4

Mr. Painter will be updated with some of the Leonid Afremov paintings.

1h ago - The developers of Those Pixels will bring to the game a new update with some of the paintings of... | iPhone