Submitted by Searcyboy20 427d ago | opinion piece

The Last Guardian May Be Coming To The PS4: We All Saw That Coming

The Tyuno Project: "There are rumors are going around the internet today about the long awaited game from Team Ico, The Last Guardian. It seems that the most wanted PlayStation game may be coming to the next generation Sony Console." (PS3, PS4, The Last Guardian)

wishingW3L  +   427d ago

If they port it they could jut simply increase the resolution and frame-rate for the PS4 version and release it on both platforms (PS3 and Xbox) like they did with PS All-Stars which is on PS3 and Vita.
#1 (Edited 427d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(33) | Report | Reply
MaideninBlack  +   427d ago
"I don't think so, that would be a business suicide. Because the PS4 will not only have a lower fanbase for the first few years compared to the PS3 but after so many years in development what are they gonna do? Throw all that work to the trash and start from the beginning or port it? "

Some guy from BigBig Studios, who frequents Gaf, seems to think otherwise.
#1.1 (Edited 427d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
fluffydelusions  +   427d ago
PS3/PS4 whatever just give me the game already.
JoGam  +   427d ago
STOP TALKING TO PACHTER
Root  +   427d ago
I don't know, I wouldn't say all this time was a waste

They could of just ported it to the PS4, meaning it would still be a PS3 game but with added improvements thanks to the PS4.

I mean Sony just thinks if the game is going to be done this year why release it on the PS3, release it on your new system to sell it.

@Below

Well if it is true then they've had plenty of time to sort it out. We don't know how easier it was to make, maybe Sony stopped it half way through development and said "Right this is going to come out to late into the PS3 cycle, we might as well move this to the PS4 as a launch title"
#1.4 (Edited 427d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
fluffydelusions  +   427d ago
Well according to rumors isn't PS4 a different arch? Porting may not be exactly feasible/easy (if rumors are true I mean)
#1.4.1 (Edited 427d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(0) | Report
Bathyj  +   426d ago
Then again it could be alot easier to develop on PS4 than on PS3. Thats supposed to be the rumour.

They were having problems after all, maybe the PS3 wasnt delivering on Team ICO's vision. They did shift Ico from PSOne to PS2.

Plus no one seems to realize IF they did shift to PS4 or even decided to do two versions they would have done that a year ago, not this week. They could have plenty of time to get this up and running. We could even see gameplay on the 20th.

Anyway, the reason I think its possible is because of the problems they've had with PS3 and this would be the one title to definitely make me buy a PS4 at launch.
Godchild1020  +   427d ago
Going by Team Ico previous games, I can see this happening. Ico originally started out as a PlayStation 1 title, but ended up going to the PS2 a year after the PS2's launch with no mention of it being on the PS1. Then they released Shadow of the Colossus on the PS2.

If anything they notice what they really wanted from the Last Guardian couldn't be done on the PS3, so they decided to move it to the PS4 to make sure they get everything out of the game as intended. Just like what they did with Ico.

I believe this game will sell well for Sony because the gamers that really love Team Ico's Vision in their games, will buy whatever system it is on. I know I will. I know not everyone will buy day one, but a bundle to recoup cost at launch of the title will do great for consumers that really want the game and Next Gen system(s).
#1.5 (Edited 427d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
DigitalAnalog  +   427d ago
@G1020
ICO may have been transferred to the PS2 due to the fact that SONY was a much more stable company back then. Secondly, the budget moving from the PS1 to the PS2 is much more feasible then it is today.

Understand you can't simply port a PS3 game to a PS4 simply because of limitation, Shadow of the Colossus was released 1 YEAR after the PS3 yet it's ambition clearly didn't push through the new hardware despite the fact the design has over-ambitious flaws(observe the frame-rate issues for one).

That means we could only leave the fact that the team has poor management or the game has a very difficult design issue. You can't ignore the 75 million established fanbase on the PS3, especially with a preconceived "hype" beforehand, something that the ICO didn't have.

Lets assume this game were to be released for the PS4, then it had better DELIVER as a next-gen title. NOT a PS3 title with a new coat of paint. Such a game would be easily be destroyed by both the media and fans for being too underwhelming.

Personally, Team ICO took on a role that is just too ambitious for the PS3 generation. Remember, they are only a team of 50 people. ND, SSM all have 200+ teams and TLOU and GOWIII took more than 3 YEARS to make. How many 50+ developers do you know that has produced a AAA title? They would mean they could never deliver a PS4 title if they don't have the manpower. Hopefully, we can hear something about it on the 20th.
#1.5.1 (Edited 427d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report
bryam1982  +   427d ago
I'll buy it and keep it in my shell until i get a ps4 just to show support
jukins  +   427d ago
You thinking about it wrong. Tlg is the type of game that PlayStation fans love and those ate usually the early adopters. It would definetly help boost Launch sales. And given the main reason. For the delay on the game were technical shortcomings of the ps3 combined with high ceiling the developer set for the game a ps4 launch sounds right. And I also remember he team saying they pretty much had to rewrite the engine adds more credit to the ps4 launch we shall see.
Daver  +   427d ago
didnt they have technical problems at some point for this game? this is very plausible that it is coming to ps4 after all.
DFresh  +   426d ago
Team ICO (1st Party Sony Studio)
Only on Playstation.
#1.8 (Edited 426d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
AngelicIceDiamond  +   426d ago
I dunno, Sony will be sacrificing the current install base of the PS3 for a fresh and smaller fanbase. Unless they do a simultaneous release. Neither graphics, performance, gameplay won't matter since, well, nobodies ever seen Live action gameplay to show everything off.

All in all it needs to come out on PS3 no matter what. PS4 release would welcomed to.
#1.9 (Edited 426d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
NateCole  +   426d ago
ICO and SOTC didn't sell as well. These are the games that help Sony push the PS brand as a unique gaming brand.
StreetsofRage  +   427d ago
Does this mean we're getting a ps4 game with ps3 visuals? I hope not. That would be a major failure. I didn't fork up 600 to play a ps3 game.
NastyLeftHook0  +   427d ago
NO...just NO...

sit down, i think you must be dehydrated or something.
Hellsvacancy  +   427d ago
"The life of the PS3 is coming to an end" but its not though

My daughter is not long turned five, I bet anybody that when shes ten, the PS3 will most probably still be around, kinda like how the PS2 is today
patriotZero  +   427d ago
yes please
JAM_brz  +   427d ago
As long as the game launch, no matter the plattaform... if PS3, I'll buy, if PS4, I'll buy either, later, but I'll do.
black911  +   427d ago
Last Guardian,AGENT,Jak and Daxter
lovegames718  +   427d ago
I will buy a ps4 regardless and i bet their are a good amount of hardcore fans that will. Yes from a money standpoint it would make more profit for Sony if they released it on ps3 because the install base is their. On the other hand if anyone is on the fence about buying a ps4 will surely sway to the side of getting it if TLG is released for it (but im betting thats a small amount of ppl). I dont think it will be a huge system seller as casuals dont know what the hell that game is and most hardcore Sony fans that do know are buying the Ps4 any which way.
modesign  +   427d ago
if its a launch title, it will sell, if its coming out in 5 years, its dead in the water, dont waste your time sony, make something better.
solidboss07  +   427d ago
I would like to see this game fulfil the ambitions of Team Ico. No matter which console it comes to it should be good. Ico was originally to be a PS1 game, Im glad that they changed course and produced one of the best Playstation games. Even if it appears on Orbis as a slightly polished PS3 game graphically it will be great. I don't think it will not be about visuals, if there is a change then it is memory and A.I necessitating it to become an Orbis title. Look at the things team Ico brought to PS2, modest hardware but the two titles were each peerless when released. And if the PS2 couldn't do it they faked it convincingly. I am confident in their abilities and am happy to get it on PS3, or to wait for the proper experience
#9 (Edited 427d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
shaqpack609  +   426d ago
Well I hope so, Sony Just gave me $20 off of the game, $60 off of the ps vita (I am going to use it when the price drops hehehe) and two months of ps plus free...good thing I know people who work for Sony
mamotte  +   426d ago
And here I Am, hoped for an instant that I'd have all the ICO Collection in one console.
strigoi814  +   426d ago
its gonna be a nice idea to introduce it on both ps3 & ps4. its like mid and high end version lolz
Lifebanisher  +   426d ago
so is final fantasy versus 13 coming to ps4 too? can any1 look into it? :p
isarai  +   426d ago
Seeing as how for into development it was already in, the the scale of technical difficulties(the reason it has been delayed all this time according to Fumita himself) and the fact that they intend to supprt the PS3 for another 3 years (10 year life cycle) i doubt they would try and make it next gen. Making something next gen is not an easy process, especially when it's had so many technical difficulties, and has the complex AI, Physics, Animation, and lighting already shown off in trailers, redoing all of that for a new console with a completely new architecture that they have no experience in would delay this game for really long time, and given that it's already been in quite an extensive development process, i doubt they'd want to put even more money and time into it
Tapioca Cold  +   426d ago
I didn't see it coming.

Even still, I see dudes on here whining about that. Can't please anyone.
kingPoS  +   426d ago
How long did the ps2 continue to sell even after the ps3 debuted?

Why not have both?... Mmmm cake is tasty, especially when you come back at later time and happen to be hungry.
nolifeking  +   426d ago
As long as it eventually comes I really don't care. The setup seems so intriguing and I have so many other things to do, I can wait another year or two. Just don't make this a versus situation and alls forgiven.
babis1974  +   426d ago
maybe it will be ready for ps5!!!

Mind: Path to Thalamus Passes its Steam Greenlight Campaign

9m ago - VRFocus - Upcoming first-person puzzle title Mind: Path to Thalamus has successfully passed its S... | PC

The Incredible Art of Teslagrad, Coming Soon To PS3 & PS Vita

9m ago - Go behind the scenes with the beautiful platformer. | PS3

The Walking Dead Season 2 coming to PS Vita

9m ago - Episodes 1 and 2 will premiere on Vita next Tuesday, April 22nd. The Walking Dead S2 on PS Vita... | PS3

Hitman GO Review | VideoGamer

9m ago - VideoGamer: "Thankfully you won't want to put an 'S' in front of the title." | iPhone

Enter to Win a PS4 and More!

Now - We are buying one lucky N4Ger a PS4 just for commenting on any N4G story! | Promoted post

Why A Final Fantasy VII Remake Won’t Be What Fans Want

56m ago - Is a Final Fantasy VII remake actually what fans want? Patrick Toworfe writes about how he thinks... | Culture