Six new entries failed to knock Smash Bros. from its perch, but DS title Etrian Odyssey II: Shoou no Seihai came closest, selling 69,000 copies to debut at No2.
Also making their first chart appearances were Lost Planet for PS3, which entered at No7 after shifting 23,000 units, and BioShock, which debuted at No8 after selling 18,000 copies.
Seven Nintendo platform titles made the top ten during the week ended February 24, four for Wii and three for DS, alongside one title apiece for the PSP, PS3 and Xbox 360.
01. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii) - 78,000 / 1,291,000
02. Etrian Odyssey II: Shoou no Seihai (DS) - 69,000 / NEW
03. Wii Fit (Wii) - 62,000 / 1,546,000
04. Musou Orochi (PSP) - 47,000 / NEW
05. Harvest Moon: Kira Kira Taiyou to Nakama Tachi (DS) - 45,000 / NEW
06. Winning Eleven Play Maker 2008 (Wii) - 36,000 / NEW
07. Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (PS3) - 23,000 / NEW
08. Bioshock (Xbox 360) - 18,000 / NEW
09. Wii Sports (Wii) - 17,000 / 2,798,000
10. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (DS) - 15,000 / 236,000
Follow the link for the full list.