Submitted by mrbojingles 430d ago | rumor

RUMOR - EB Games Wii U reserve list shows Watch Dogs, Rainbow 6 Patriots

GameStop is currently listing Watch Dogs and Rainbow 6: Patriots for the Wii U. This wouldn't come as a surprise seeing as how Ubisoft was satisfied with how their Wii U launch titles like Zombi U performed. (GameStop, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Patriots, Watch Dogs, Wii U)

Hopefully
Is this rumor true? Rumor votes 53
Jadedz  +   430d ago
Oh #@%$
It's getting hot in hurr (don't worry, my clothes will remain on) xD!
AngelicIceDiamond  +   430d ago
Watch Dogs would be a much needed hardcore title for Wii U.
Hisiru  +   430d ago
I consider myself a Nintendo fan (yes, Nintendo brings my favourite titleS), but I am not happy with the third party support on Nintendo consoles since the N64 days. Nintendo needs to have a better relationship with third party developers and if Watch Dogs is indeed coming to the WiiU, then I am gonna be happy, but if it's not... well, I will just buy it for another console because the game looks sick.
cherbhy  +   430d ago
@Hisiru i feel the exact same way.. i've been reading about all these AAA titles coming for PS360 and want to play them BAD. Between Tomb Raider, Bioshock infinite, metal gear & etc. i'm just about ready to buy an 8-y-o console that will be outdated in a half year's time (i generally only buy nint. consoles). Nintendo needs to start investing in their future by partnering with more third party studios RIGHT NOW because in the future i doubt the wii u hardware will be capable of supporting the kind of games that the ps4 and 720 will be able to support.

i have faith that the wii u will inevitably offer "must-have" software, that a price drop will facilitate sales, and that the OS will improve. But will all that be enough to compete with the visually stunning titles and larger game libraries that next gen consoles will have two years from now?
JaredH  +   430d ago
@cherbhy

Was the Wii the only console you had this past generation or do you play PC games too?

I'm legitimately curious because I've never met anyone who just had a Wii and were into games enough to go on message boards and such.
#1.1.3 (Edited 430d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(2) | Report
Neonridr  +   430d ago
Watch Dogs on the Wii U would be amazing. With all the "hacking" and tech using in that game, the gamepad would act as a natural device for it.

I hope that this rumour is true, I would much rather own it on my Wii U than my 360..
Kevlar009  +   430d ago
This is the kind of game you make for the WiiU. Your phone becomes the gamepad, manage systems, streets, and your map. You could even add a Co-op aspect where one person ues the pro controller for shooting and movement while another is using the gamepad for you, like you're working with someone else to call the shots (the whole asymmetrical gameplay theme Nintendo has)

The WiiU certainly feels like the more dominant version (unless there are things we don't know about)
blastcorp64  +   429d ago
Great points. The gamepad's potential has yet to be fully realized. Despite the current drought of games but just thinking about the future use of the gamepad has me excited.
PopRocks359  +   430d ago
Same here. I think it would certainly be a welcome addition. I hope this rumor is true as well, and it's not entirely farfetched to believe it. Ubisoft already pledged further support for the Wii U despite the Rayman Legends fiasco.
dubberman  +   430d ago
When i first saw the gameplay reveal and the hacking mechanic i instantly thought it would be a WiiU title, if not the 'definitive' version. This rumour keeps that hope alive.
stuntman_mike  +   430d ago
the way they described watch dogs and the integration of a second screen it seems it was made with WiiU controller in mind.
BlackWolf  +   430d ago
Ummm.... interesting... A nice addition to the console if true.
#3 (Edited 430d ago ) | Agree(13) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Rockefellow  +   430d ago
Ubisoft was satisfied with how their launch titles performed, yet they delayed a finished game because they' weren't satisfied with how the console was performing.

Logic
ArmGunar  +   430d ago
That's already a debut but I think that only Ubisoft will support the Wii U ...

Activision, their games can release on Wii U but 95% of people would buy on PS3/360 (and later on PS4/Xbox 3)

And EA/Square won't support
(cf Battlefield, Tomb Raider, etc ...)
Starfox17  +   429d ago
NFS just got previewed on wiiu its a NEXGEN NFS game end of pc graphics and some new modes.

Can i remind you that pc version is dx11 so i'm happy with wiiu graphics.
#5.1 (Edited 429d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
LOL_WUT  +   430d ago
Who cares if it's going to look outdated compared to that PC footage, as long as it comes out for the Wii U then it's all good. I wonder if it'll be hitting next-gen consoles too? *720/PS4* ;)
stragomccloud  +   430d ago
I think it's only coming to next gen consoles and pc, so I would assume so.
MegaLagann  +   430d ago
Well Ideaman on NeoGaf said months ago that a next gen game is going to be on the Wii U that people think "won't be able to run on the Wii U" and most people either said this or Star Wars 1313, so it makes sense.

I would love to see Watch Dogs on Wii U, using the gamepad to hack into stuff can be amazing and I hope this is true because Watch Dogs is one of my most hyped games.
metroidfusion2  +   430d ago
Yup I remember that but will have to see what game it is since he didn't say anything specific but maybe when the game is announced he will say something
MegaLagann  +   430d ago
I actually think it's something else, Watch Dogs and Star Wars 1313 are coming out for the PS3/360 correct me if i'm wrong, so if they can handle it then so can the Wii U, if it's a game that most people wouldn't think that could run on the Wii U the only other guess at the moment is The Witcher 3, but i'm 99% sure that won't happen, guess we'll see at E3 what he was talking about.
MNGamer-N  +   430d ago
Wii U will get it's share of multi-platform 3rd party games. More than I can afford, I'm sure. Give it time.
PopRocks359  +   430d ago
Give it time? Codswallop sir. This is N4G!

In all seriousness, I do agree with you. Some time and a steady stream of games will show up.
stuntman_mike  +   430d ago
well the fact that criterion has brought most wanted over to the WiiU and have taken the time to optimise it for the console bodes well for future games.

I honestly dont think the WiiU will get left behind when the PS4/720 come out like most people think.
Sensu  +   430d ago
Sorry, but no. I can see how Ubisoft would possibly downscale RBS: Patriots so it looks OK on Wii U, but Watchdogs had framedrops even on the NASA PC it was played on during E3. So noooooo, sorry.. I can't imagine Watch Dogs releasing on Wii U.
TheGamerDood  +   430d ago
It was demo, I'm sure the final version will play smoothly on whatever plat is coded for.
#9.1 (Edited 430d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Yodagamer  +   430d ago
Everyone seems to be so down on the wii u, while criterion games seems to be porting over pc level graphics on it.
stuntman_mike  +   430d ago
@sensu

it's also coming out on PS3/ 360 so it must look even worse on them.but in all seriousness we dont know for certain what it's coming out on yet.
Prodigy-X  +   430d ago
Fake
josephayal  +   430d ago
Amazing News, Proud owner of the Wii U
TheGamerDood  +   430d ago
Good for the Wii U. Honestly how can anyone hate on Nintendo.
stragomccloud  +   430d ago
That's the logical thing to believe. But sadly, people really love hating Nintendo.
TongkatAli  +   430d ago
Yeah, Nintendo has it real bad. Sony gets all the success articles and its really annoying /s.
stragomccloud  +   430d ago
People like Sony doom articles more than anything. But I think that a lot of people here are just generally dismissive(Which I think is far worse) regarding Nintendo products.

That said, doom articles need to stop.
superterabyte  +   430d ago
Ive played mario houndreds of times when I was younger. Name another exclusive I should buy a nintendo for? (don't say zelda I don't get the hype at all) and don't say any niche japanese games only japanese game I have ever liked is vanquish (as far as memory goes). Whereas with sony I play and love all of the exclusives and guess what first party exclusives make a console.

Not only does the wii u have first party games that don't appeal to me they also have poor 3rd party support. Don't feel you have to defend the wii u because it is the underdog. It's less of an attractive prospect than current gen consoles let alone next gen.
stuntman_mike  +   430d ago
you must be pretty young if all you can think back too is vanquish?
Neonridr  +   429d ago
Star Fox, Metroid, Donkey Kong, Pikmin, Mario Kart are a few exclusives that are worth their purchases. Retro is going to blow us away with whatever they are working on (fingers crossed it's a new Metroid Prime).

No other console manufacturer has sold as many first party games as Nintendo.

The Wii's highest selling game (not including Wii Sports since it was a pack-in) was Mario Kart and it sold over 33 million copies.

The PS3's highest selling game to date is Call of Duty (enough said there) with about 12 million copies sold. Actually 4 of the top 5 selling games on the PS3 are Call of Duty games..

Zelda is probably one of the greatest franchises Nintendo owns, so it's a shame you don't get the hype, but every Zelda game that gets released is in the discussions for GOTY, so there is merit behind all the hype. But to each their own.
williamdt3  +   430d ago
It will be neat to see how the Wii U game pad will work with watchdogs if this is true.
Starfox17  +   430d ago
Watchdogs trailer was pc but the wiiu version would look a little better i think.
stragomccloud  +   430d ago
I don't think it'll look better than PC, but I have no doubts that it'll look amazing!
sitharrefus  +   430d ago
Rainbow six patriots cant wait for it
Yodagamer  +   430d ago
If ubisoft does this right, it might not be the prettiest version (though i'm sure it will be pretty), but it might be the most immersive of the versions
stragomccloud  +   430d ago
I would really like to play these on my Wii U!
TongkatAli  +   430d ago
I'm more excited for Rainbow Six then Watch Dogs. I like military shooters, sue me.
Neonridr  +   429d ago
It's been so long since we had a Rainbow Six game. Vegas 1 & 2 seem so far away now..

Great games though..
MultiConsoleGamer  +   430d ago
True.
superterabyte  +   430d ago
Don't see how the Wii u is powerful enought to run the version shown in the early gameplay videos so possibly the game could be the least graphically intense version
#20 (Edited 430d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(12) | Report | Reply
TenkoTAiLS  +   430d ago
You will be lucky if the next gen consoles can even run it looking like that. That, much like quite a few early demos, was probably running on a pretty high spec rig, the one used for creating the game.
superterabyte  +   430d ago
Are you being serious the ps4 and next xbox will produce games that are better than anything pc is pushing out now just like the ps3 did back in 06/07 with games like killzone 2 which looked better than any pc game
#20.1.1 (Edited 430d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(8) | Report
linkofrs  +   430d ago
@superterabyte
That actually probably won't happen unless you want to buy a console worth 700-800$+. The next gen consoles won't be nearly as cutting edge as last gen.
Neonridr  +   429d ago
@superterabyte - wow really? I have a 2GB Radeon 7870 in my computer and I doubt the next gen machines will have a graphics card even that good. You think a PS4 or a 720 can go head to head with a GTX690 or something? I appreciate your gusto and support for the next gen machines, but don't delude yourself into thinking that these things will outclass high end PC's..

Let's get the console's up to native 1080p first, then we can strive for 60fps, and then if we get to that point, we can begin to discuss comparisons with the PC versions.
TenkoTAiLS  +   430d ago
Silly me, I didn't realize that consoles could "push" out better looking games and graphics than the machines they were MADE on. Think about that for a second. I love my consoles, and the unique games they offer, don't get me wrong, but consoles have dated CPU's and GPU's made for cheap general consumer purchase. The PC's that are used to create these games are far and above what the consoles themselves can ever hope to "push" out. It's not opinion, its fact. So yes, I am serious.
nyobzoo  +   430d ago
I can see games that aren't coming out this year hitting the Wii u, but if they also come out on the PS4/720 then I'll just get them there
CouldHaveYelledUiiW  +   430d ago
Watch Dogs looked great But the HUD was very crowded-

- But don't worry the WiiU has a Fix for that...
Drainage  +   430d ago
hm intradesting . I thought they were only for ps4/ the new xbox
ZeekQuattro  +   430d ago
The last time a list like this was leaked several games on said list were reveled to be true a day or two later. Lighting just might strike twice.
pedroyamato  +   430d ago
if this list is real prepare for a sony fanboy mass suicide here in N4G.
#25 (Edited 430d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
ZeekQuattro  +   430d ago
i can't wait
#26 (Edited 430d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
T3MPL3TON  +   429d ago
Guys the person who posted this claimed to work at gamestop.. game stop doesn't print their release dates like that. The paper is also incorrect. This was some troll. Who know you can post anything on the internet and people will believe it.
Kidmyst  +   429d ago
Nothing on the list is a system seller to me that I can't play on the PS3 or 360. I would like a Wii U but my Wii sat and collected dust. I just don;t want to go through that again, waiting for a Zelda title or Metroid.

Good Old Games to Offer Language Packs

2h ago - In hopes of ”becom[ing] more complete,” Good Old Games has announced they are adding language pac... | PC

Dominique Pamplemousse Review | Combo Caster

2h ago - Dominique Pamplemousse is a point and click adventure quite short, it takes about 90 minutes to c... | PC

Strike Suit Zero The Director's Cut Opening Gameplay

2h ago - A Strike Suit Zero The Director's Cut video which looks at the opening moments of the Strike Suit... | PC

Infamous: Second Son - Paper Trail Part #5 Walkthrough Part #2

2h ago - Paper Trail Part #5 Walkthrough Part #2 of Infamous: Second Son. | PS4

Filmwatch April Contests

Now - Calling all Marvel fans. Come celebrate the release of Captain America: The Winter Soldier with us as we give away a cool prize for fans of Cap plu... | Promoted post

Indie Gems You Still Need To Play...?

2h ago - Sometimes, we forget about all the really neat-o indie titles out there. So when we get the chanc... | Culture