Submitted by Valay 680d ago | news

Ubisoft confirms new Assassin's Creed for FY14

GE: "Yes, Ubisoft is working on a new Assassin's Creed." (Assassin's Creed, PC, PS3, Wii U, Xbox 360)

Alternative Sources
Ness619  +   680d ago
Meh, this series needs to go away now.

Bring on the disagrees...
#1 (Edited 680d ago ) | Agree(48) | Disagree(24) | Report | Reply
Blastoise  +   680d ago
I agree.
Riderz1337  +   680d ago
I agree as well. Just played Assassin's Creed 3...So bad.
Cam977  +   680d ago
I agree. I've been a fan since the start but now I'm just bored. I have AC3 but I've barely touched it, Connor is dull and so is the game.
#1.2.1 (Edited 680d ago ) | Agree(17) | Disagree(5) | Report
GanjaMan  +   680d ago
Totally agree, AC3 was awful, the setting was hideous (even Americans have to agree it was rubbish setting) and had no feeling of a real world, boston was lifeless and wasnt compact enough and don't get me started on Conner, oh my!
Root  +   680d ago
Yeah I felt like it forcused too much on Americans vs Recoats then the Assasins vs Templars. It felt like a massive "F*** Yeah America" in some parts.

Both sides did some pretty horrible things in the war but it plays down what the Americans did and exaggerates the Redcoats like they were the bloody Nazis are something

I think it was too sell more copies in America in my opinion.

Anyway there was other things wrong with the game

Connor sucked as a character and I hope they'll never use him again. The voice actor was terrible and he was naive and dull. I'd rather have it so Haytham was a good guy and you played him instead while George Washington and the other founding fathers took the Templar group role which Haytham lead.

I can't even finish it yet I want to know how it all ends.

They should of done the French revolution or set it in Japan.

Hell even a female Assassin set in WW2 where all the men are off to fight in the war and your back in London fighting off the templars
N311V  +   680d ago
I'm in your camp. Been a big fan of the series but I couldn't even finish AC3 because it was so boring. The combat was way too easy. Where did the progression go, buying weapons was pointless and "armor" upgrades were barely cosmetic. Building an Assassin Guild was hidden away in menus. For me at least, the naval battles were immemorable. And what happened to to whole crux of Assassin's Creed, that being a war between Templars and Assassins. AC4 will be the first one I don't pre-order.
guitarded77  +   680d ago
Not go away... just take a break. It's a great series, but I'm burned out. But with the reported 12 million in sales of AC3, it's not going anywhere. Ubisoft's cash cow.
RustedMan  +   680d ago
I absolutely love assassin's creed...but I agree with you.

This franchise is tiring out, real fast.
#1.4 (Edited 680d ago ) | Agree(13) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
fermcr  +   680d ago
"Ubisoft confirms new Assassin's Creed for FY14"

I really wasn't expecting this. This totally cough me by surprise. /s
NastyLeftHook0  +   680d ago
they should bring it to ps4 and have it a spin off, something very fresh set in other times.
joab777  +   680d ago
Actually, i once agreed but i dont now. They are the best realized worlds . They need to raise difficulty, and bring back and add character leveling amd customization. Allow us to get stronger. The problem is that they have created a game that is nothing more than a gorgeous interactive movie.

At least create a game around the naval missiims, lol. I hate to see it die when it could be so amazing
rainslacker  +   680d ago
Maybe just take a break. Get people all nostalgic and stuff, then come back with a big release. However since they sold 12 million units of AC3 it's probably not going anywhere anytime soon.
Brownghost  +   680d ago
Only if sales go down, which will take a while.
#1.9 (Edited 680d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
omi25p  +   680d ago
I said right from the beginning it was going to awful and pro USA.

Hundreds of disagrees later and i was right.

It was a terrible game and im annoyed i ended up buying it even though i knew it was bad.
Adva  +   680d ago
Needs a 2 year rest.
Trago1337  +   680d ago
AC 3 was disappointing in my opinion. I hope this one focuses more on assassinations, and the ways you can assassinate them rather than set piece after set piece :/
rpd123  +   680d ago
Yeah there were plenty of ways to assassinate regular people, but you never got to actually try to assassinate a main bad guy. It was a bit disappointing. Still a fun game to me though.
A2X_  +   680d ago
If it's a new assassin/setting and a release on next-gen consoles then why not?
JohnApocalypse  +   680d ago
Good, not more yearly releases
Lovable  +   680d ago
We want more..can we do it twice a year? (reverse psychology might work)
Dugstar  +   680d ago
It needs to find itself again as AC3 was way to confusing to follow sometimes and the menus as well as the fast travel were quite crap.

Needs to go back to the basics of what made Assassins Creed 2 great in my opinion....
Neo Nugget  +   680d ago
I know most of you are a bit bitter towards the series, but I'm excited for it.

The new character is interesting though. I honestly thought we'd see Connor again.
PockyKing  +   680d ago
I'm always happy to play another Assassin's Creed game. A lot of time is put into them and it shows, minus the bugs, but hey, doesn't really ruin my experience.
ApolloTheBoss  +   680d ago
#9 (Edited 680d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
RuleofOne343  +   680d ago
So we get a native American for one game & a Syrian also but we get stuck with Ezio for 3 games how is that fair. make's me think Ubisoft just want to get around to making a Louis The Grand Monarch assassin game . if anything they should have Connor travel to France with Lafayette to establish an order of assassin's to help bring stability to it. I would by that game in a heart beat.
#10 (Edited 680d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
Eamon  +   680d ago
Did any of you read the Fiscal Year 2014 part?
rpd123  +   680d ago
The fiscal year 2014 starts in October 2013, just in time for them to release it in November for holiday sales. So no we didn't miss that part.
Eamon  +   680d ago
my point being that it could still come out in 2014.
fsfsxii  +   680d ago
The series is getting repetitive,yearly release killed it, ubisoft HAVE to stop the series for at least 2 years
As for AC3, i couldn't even finish it! traded it for Hitman Trilogy and it was worth it
seanpitt23  +   680d ago
The endings are so bad I put a lot of hours in all these games just to get a climax that's so unsatifying ac3 was a ok game but it had flaws and the ending was one of them
MoB21  +   680d ago
It's already gotten to the point for me, especially the case in AC3, where I just rushed through the story cause all i wanted to do was find out what happens with Desmond in the end. I mean its basically been 4 (not including the first) of the exact same game, just with a different plot. I think it's time they revolutionize the game a bit, especially since its basically a confirmed next-gen title based on its release date.
Lucreto  +   680d ago
Good news for me. I love the series and I can't wait for a new one this year.
edenianrain  +   680d ago
No duh,we all know that ubisoft would rather milk the ac series to death instead of making beyond good and evil 2 or a prince of Persia game,you know stuff look have actually asked for.
NYC_Gamer  +   680d ago
It was already known since Ubisoft releases AC every year
ExitToExisT  +   680d ago
WOW. I thought they would skip 2013. AC 3 didn't felt like AC1 or AC2 at all.
''The next Assassin’s Creed will launch during fiscal year 2014 – meaning before April 2014''
#18 (Edited 680d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
TotalHitman  +   680d ago
I hope this new AC has more difficulty settings. I don't usually play games on 'hard' setting, but after playing every AC game multiple times, I could play it with my eyes shut.
FantasyStar  +   680d ago
I'll play the next AC game where there's no Animus involved.
Revelations taught me how a cookie-cutter AC game looks and plays like.
black911  +   680d ago
Xmen is getting a Sequel?

Oh sorry misread title.
Droid Control  +   680d ago
I'm tired of the yearly releases.

What ever happen to 3 year gaps between sequels? Activision and Ubisoft are sucking the hope out of gaming.
Funky_Homosapien  +   679d ago
please no more make new ips ubisoft
spektical  +   679d ago
dont see the hate for assassins creed 3. Fantastic game albeit some geometry issues but thats a given for a game that allows you to climb on almost anything. Combat, meh its easy nothing too dificult the short action cutscenes are difficult to set off which is a shame.

I love conner, I definitely see the resemblence to Native American tribes, and I take this with approval from native american friens who also love the game.

The cities... they are a hit and miss. Big sprawling communities but there's almost no seemless interaction between any of them. Like it doesnt seem the city is connected, it seems like a bunch of pieces doing their own thing, not what I imagined from colonial America.

The Desmund missions.. ahh those were terrible they suck you right out of the game. I understand that story also needs to be continued but there has to be a better way to integrate it with the sessions. Poorly done.
Overall its a solid 8/10 game.

White PS4 Console + four AAA games for £329.99

4m ago - Dealspwn writes: Still after a PS4 console bundle? Well, maybe this one's for you as you can orde... | PS4

New video game ‘Hatred’ takes ugly aim at the industry’s progression

18m ago - Congratulations, video game community. You have graduated. Like film and television before you... | Culture

Half-Life 2 as a Portrait of Fascism

26m ago - Science Fiction has long portrayed a wide variety of speculation on how governments influence a c... | PC

Progressive gamers, developers seek to eradicate stereotypes from industry

26m ago - Zachary Clemente starting gaming when he was 6, but in college he started playing less of “Counte... | Culture

Are you bored?

Now - Watch 10 seconds videos about games and game culture at COUB Gaming... | Promoted post

Steam Winter Sale Day Two: The Craze Continues

26m ago - I hope you all survived the first day of Steam’s Winter sale unscathed. Yes? That’s great because... | PC