Try our new beta! Click here
Submitted by Xandet 1028d ago | preview

The Last of Us: The Sights and Sounds | IGN

IGN: "After actually playing The Last of Us, it’s not the beautiful graphics, the brutal violence, or the approachable crafting system that stands out to me. It’s the sound. The Last of Us isn’t Uncharted, with its happy score wafting over every moment of gameplay. It’s a slow, suspenseful crawl through a world that can kill you at any moment. As such, it’s quiet – eerily quiet. You have time to listen to the rain pitter patter on windows and each breath of the infected you’re creeping up on to shiv in the neck.

But that's just part of the 20 minutes I played through. If you're the visual sort, my quick fire impressions are available in a PlayStation Conversation below -- as well as in the interview with developer Naughty Dog Creative Director Neil Druckmann -- but if you like these here written words, let's hit the highlights." (PS3, The Last Of Us)

Alternative Sources
Xandet  +   1028d ago
The last of my wallet.
Bathyj  +   1028d ago
juandren  +   1028d ago
Agreed. I am not a fan of DLC anymore, as it has "evolved" from "let's give gamers more" to "let's give gamers the stuff we removed from the game", but damn it if I don't buy every single piece of DLC available for this game.
#1.2 (Edited 1028d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
aceitman  +   1027d ago
this may be bigger than uncharted in japan.
silkrevolver  +   1028d ago
I have a strong feeling that this may very well surpass Uncharted.
miyamoto  +   1028d ago
i just saw a real thinking man's game

and they said this was a slow game....
#2.1 (Edited 1028d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Walker  +   1028d ago
10/10 confirmed ?! GOTY
Outsider-G  +   1028d ago
I'm glad Naughty Dog brought a new IP to the table. Looking forward to playing the demo.
medman  +   1027d ago
I never understood why people want to play a demo of a game they are definitely going to buy. I don't want a minute of it spoiled, which is precisely why I don't watch any of the extended gameplay videos. I want the full experience to hit me when I put the disc in. I don't want one minute of playtime where I know what is coming next.
KingofGambling  +   1028d ago
grailly  +   1028d ago
this sounds great! now, if only may was sooner.

EDIT: so this means sony won't be talking about the last of us at the playstation meeting, I guess. PS4 seems unavoidable now.
#6 (Edited 1028d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
DigitalSmoke  +   1028d ago
Wait what?
This will also be on the Xbox NextTurbo right ?
Mathew9R   1028d ago | Spam
r21  +   1028d ago
Hahaha too obvious my friend. Cool down folks just another troll or jokester trying to get you.
DigitalSmoke  +   1028d ago
MasterCornholio  +   1028d ago
Well you can always paint the XBOX logo on a PS3 if that helps you sleep better at night.

Not to mention connect the playstation eye to it and pretend its a kinect microsofts greatest invention for the 360.

Kinectbox360 kinecting with the core 24/7 since E3 2010

Ok the last bit wasnt so funny....... No offense XBOX owners i meant it as a joke.
#7.3 (Edited 1028d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Bathyj  +   1028d ago
I realised how important sound was going to be in the PAX playthrough.

The last guy ran when he realised Joel was armed. Joel had to chase him through the hallways, but stop periodically and listen for clues as he couldnt see where the guy was.

It was very tense and a senario that wasnt a set piece or scripted at all, it was just the AI reacting the situation. Ive never seen that sort of gameplay in any other game before.
r21  +   1028d ago
Ok, officially hyped up for this game. Loving the enemies and crafting system.

Enjoy some new gameplay:
My god thats intense!
#9 (Edited 1028d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
RTheRebel  +   1028d ago
this game will be epic
didnt care for uncharted, thihk TLOU will have some epic gameplay
GribbleGrunger  +   1028d ago
This is getting stupid. After getting floored by GOWA, I see this! I really wish that the media hadn't started going on about next gen because it's clear that the PS3 hasn't just got a little more to offer, it's got a whole lot more. I am convinced that if none of us knew about either of these games and Sony showed them off as lst generation PS4 games, people would be entirely convinced that they were. And that's not hyperbole. I'm genuinely convinced people would believe it ... Now, onto Beyond!
#11 (Edited 1028d ago ) | Agree(12) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Outsider-G  +   1027d ago
Well said +
VonBraunschweigg  +   1027d ago
It reminds me of Manhunt, a game I really enjoyed. It wasn't as mature as this game, but the use of sounds was on the same level.
Outsider-G  +   1027d ago
I felt the same vibe as well. It seems this game will keep you on the edge of your seat, not knowing what's going to happen next. Full of surprises, I'm sure.
P_Bomb  +   1027d ago
Agree 110% about the sound in the new vid', fantastic! Got the same 'wow' feeling as when I first played Dead Space and heard all the distant growls, clunking in vents and falling pipes...or the spot-on gunshots and battlefield echoes in the Battlefield: Bad Company games. This game is made for 5.1.

Rush N Krush Cheats: Guide, Tips & Strategy for Android/iPhone Game

1h ago - Rush N Crush Guide Cheats - Strategy Tips for Android iPhone Game Rush N Krush is a 3D racing ga... | iPhone

PGenom has launched the early access for their Sci-fi MMORPG shooter “Project Genom”

1h ago - There are plenty of Mmorpg games on the market right now, so the competition is really hard for t... | PC

HotLiked - What the Internet is talking about right now

Now - Kill some time at You will regret it... | Promoted post

Arpiel – Nexon reveals opening trailer for upcoming short anime series

7h ago - Just before G-Star 2015 started, Nexon announced it is entering the anime/ cartoon business with... | PC

Bubble Genius - Tips, Tricks, Cheats, How to Beat, and Strategy Guide

16h ago - Bubble Genius is a new bubble shooting game for the iOS and Android platform. Your goal is to pop... | iPhone

BeatNiks - Tips, Tricks, Cheats, How to Beat, and Strategy Guide

16h ago - BeatNiks is a new virtual pet game by Harmonix, best known for the development of the Guitar Hero... | iPhone