Submitted by Smurf1 628d ago | news

Steam Database shows Fez, Dyad, Halo 3 and plenty of entries

There’s a tool to check what games are registered on Steam. Well, it’s mostly reliable and has leaked many games coming to the service. (PC, Steam)

Alternative Sources
ThatGuy2  +   628d ago
Oh shit halo 3!Day one buy for me.Even though i already own the past halo's,i also wanted halo 3 and hopefully this means 4 will later come,but i hope they upgraded halo 3 a little bit and optimized it for pc.
#1 (Edited 628d ago ) | Agree(26) | Disagree(9) | Report | Reply
aviator189  +   628d ago
I agree. If true, I'd happily play halo 3 on my laptop.
There's barely anyone on halo 3 anymore on the 360, and I could really play this when I don't have my xbox around to play halo 4.
ThatGuy2  +   628d ago
I just hope the DLC is included cause that dlc that's required for some playlist piss me off
classic200  +   628d ago
The only thing I find interesting about this is how PC gamers are behaving over halo 3 lool, dont get me wrong its a good game but I ran into so much Pc gamers who completely insults anyone who play console exclusives including halo 3, so its interesting to see how they all take this news on PCgamer.com if its indeed true.
pandehz  +   628d ago
@classic200

um lol

Halo is as much a pc game as an xbox game.

Combat Evolved may hav been the last savinggrace and the birth of xbox as we know it but to pc gamers it was a solid game with good mp community. Sadly it did too well for MS and well MS has been known for 1 hit wonders and this was theirs so they tore it off the pc crowd.

Now lets say killzone releases for pc well ppl will be excited but not that much. I'll want to see what it'll look like and maybe troll some ps3 fans thast all. But Halo is appreciated by the pc community and in every single sequel we look forward to it well atleast I looked forward toit and got disappointed at every turn when it never released. I have both 1 and 2

Only condition that Iwont buy Halo 3 is if MS decides t make it Windows 8 only title. Then eff off MS
#1.1.3 (Edited 628d ago ) | Agree(10) | Disagree(25) | Report
SilentNegotiator  +   628d ago
@ThatGuy

Yeah. When the Big Team Battle mode became DLC only, I nearly threw my Xbox out a window. IDK if that's still the case, but it was for quite a while and I stopped playing after that.
Gamer1982  +   627d ago
Just shows if you wait long enough nothing is exclusive on 360 anymore.. PC got Fabe 1,2 and 3 and the first Gears and seems like its getting Halo 3. All you got left is Forza.. This is clever though from MS as would make them a boat load of money to go towards producing there new console.
#1.1.5 (Edited 627d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(1) | Report
BattleAxe  +   628d ago
If this is true, then I will buy Halo 3 on Steam. I want to get rid of my 360 since I barely use it anymore. I hope Microsoft fully integrates LIVE with the PC, because I would like to be able to play the games that I downloaded for my 360 on my PC. Of course those games would have to be ported to PC (Gears 1 which is already on PC, Gears 2 and Halo: Reach).
aliengmr  +   627d ago
They tried to integrate LIVE on PC and forgot they actually had to support it, so it failed and they pretty much gave up.

MS just need to stick with the XBOX and windows and leave PC gaming to those better able.
Raoh  +   627d ago
"They tried to integrate LIVE on PC and forgot PC Gamers weren't foolish enough to pay for live fees like their console counterparts and told MS to kick rocks.. "

Fixed
N0S3LFESTEEM  +   627d ago
I played this game to death 4 years ago... why would I want to do it again.
Temporary  +   627d ago
@Raoh

The PC community would NEVER pay for a service like Live for their PC. Paying to play their purchased games online is a slap in the face.
Raoh  +   625d ago
@Temporary

That is exactly my point. MS tried it and the pc community fought back. MS in turn dropped the fees. Console gamers are usually asking to pay more or wishing sony would charge for online just so their xbl gold accounts can be justified.

It's odd to me to see the xbox support so strong.

Bad econony but embarrassing the online fees.

Buying a product that has no hdmi or wifi but then buy the upgraded model a year or two later when it should have had it from the beginning.

RROD, before the 3 year warranty ms denied the issue and many people bought replacement consoles only to have those fail on them as well. Not to mention disc scratching with launch models.

Loud fan noise.

Horrible business practices that actually stifle competition.

Propitiatory hard drives and a sneaky move making the audio jacks in the controllers 2.5mm instead of the standard 3.5mm so that people would be compelled to buy ms hardware.

A wall app garden.

An online fee for services offered for free everywhere else.

Not allowing free content offered by developers and publishers forcing them to either charge for the free content or not offer it at all to the 360 platform.

All the things people say they hate about Sony and Apple are welcomed by the xbox community.

The xbox gamer is truly and odd consumer.
FlyingFoxy  +   628d ago
Played it on 360 and don't see the hype, what's so good about it? i found it stale. shooting at things with shields for ages to wear it down, especially boring in multiplayer.. To quote duke nukem, power armor is for p*****s.

But being serious, i didn't find it that good.. Half Life series is a lot better, i think Left 4 Dead 2, Soldier of Fortune 2, Killing Floor are much much more enjoyable online.

I bet Halo 3 won't be rated as high as it was on 360 either. I feel the series is highly overrated.. Half Life 3 will completely blow it out the water when it's announced probably this year.
#1.3 (Edited 628d ago ) | Agree(10) | Disagree(27) | Report | Reply
LocutusEstBorg  +   628d ago
I've only played Halo 1 and 3 and I hated both. Mindless shooting at childish aliens with force shields.
Temporary  +   627d ago
I liked Halo at one time, after halo 2 I just got bored of it though. Not that it wasnt a decent game, just not the best of its genre. The game runs on hype.
adorie  +   628d ago
Hah! I'd buy Halo 3 if it was released on Steam.

I wonder how good it would look over the Xbox 360, on PC?
#1.4 (Edited 628d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Skate-AK  +   628d ago
Probably will just support for higher resolutions and some levels of AA.
sashimi  +   627d ago
Once it gets mod, it'll mostly likely look better than the latest halos
Gamer1982  +   627d ago
60FPS, true 1080P, Shaders and AA to name a few features..
Erudito87  +   628d ago
i would rebuy all the halos(still have all the xbox copies) if they added 360 controller support and have juiced up graphics options etc
adorie  +   628d ago
Why?? a game like Halo screams M/K eliteness. Join the master race in twitch as it was meant to be. Lightning speed at crazy DPI!
Qrphe  +   628d ago
You'd go ahead m+kb players with a gamepad?

Enjoy your sub 0.1 kill ratio.

Regardless, there are plenty of stick-to-mouse options out there.
#1.5.2 (Edited 628d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(2) | Report
Erudito87  +   628d ago
i prefer a pad and im not alone.

ps i do okay with it lol
Perjoss  +   627d ago
@ Qrphe

I'm a PC gamer at heart so I know full well about the m&k advantage, but have you ever watch a 'fps on console' tournament game like halo or black ops, they are not as far behind as you might think it terms of going up against m&k. Obviously its an extreme example as they are pro gamers, but it is possible to become very good on a gamepad.
SPAM-FRITTER-123  +   628d ago
If Halo 3 is coming to Steam it will be a day 1 purchase for me.

All these games are making 2013 more tasty for been a PC gamer.
#1.6 (Edited 628d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
mmildred96   628d ago | Spam
DeadlyFire  +   627d ago
Even if Halo 3 was unoptimized ported Hell for the PC. It would run at 60+ fps these days easy on that engine it had. I personally have high hopes for Halo PC future. I enjoyed Halo PC 1000 times more than Xbox Halo 1. I hope the same can happen with Halo 3. New custom maps, mods, and player stuff in the game would be awesome.

This likely means Microsoft is looking at using STEAM and Origin to sell its games while also pushing their Xbox Live PC service inside of its own games. Might get something similar to Uplay or battlelog popup with Xbox Live marked on it before we get to launch the game.

On a positive note it means Halo Trilogy 1(1,2,3) collection might be available on Steam at some point.

Microsoft really hasn't launched many titles on STEAM, but likely they like the number of sales they have gotten from it so they might push for it more so by releasing a key franchise on there.
PirateThom  +   628d ago
Guess that confirms where Fez is going.... but PS3 must follow as well, right?
Smurf1  +   628d ago
PS3 already confirmed.
Pillsbury1  +   628d ago
Fez is coming to ps3?! Awesome! I've wanted to play it!
xseven  +   628d ago
I'd love to have FEZ on the PC or Mac
paddystan  +   628d ago
#4 (Edited 628d ago ) | Agree(11) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
ThatGuy2  +   628d ago
Hahahah the halo part was so epic it overshadowed all those other good games
cyguration  +   628d ago
Wow those are some amazing games. That could bury Microsoft if they're not careful.

Free multiplayer + mods + better graphics on PC = why would you pay for Xbox Live and an Xbox 360?
Rivitur  +   628d ago
Wait they recently shut down servers from gamespy which is what FEAR and Halo ran on of course there is a way to get around this and all the rat servers are still online in Halo. So does this mean new Halo servers?
ginsunuva  +   628d ago
PAYDAY 2!!!! WOOOOOHHOOO

Halo 3.... Meh. Halo 3,odst, and reach sucked compared to 1 and 2.
JohnApocalypse  +   628d ago
I see Quantum Conundrum 2
inf3cted1  +   628d ago
OMG HALO 3?
MorbidPorpoise  +   628d ago
Would love to have the original Halo trilogy on Steam.

Halo 3, IMO its the best MP game on the 360, its a shame the playerbase is dwindling on it now....Reach and 4 have nothing on it.

Was thinking the other day, Id love MS to do 3's MP (+ Halo 2's maps) as a F2P game on the 360/720... Who knows Steam would be the perfect place for it due to it not hurting current and upcoming Xbox Halo games.

Anyway Id purchase 1-3 aswell as Fez day one if they'd ever appear :).
Rivitur  +   627d ago
But 1 and 2 are already on PC of course if you mean on Steam then nvm.
barbaramathur10   628d ago | Spam
karlowma  +   628d ago
I've been hoping for Fez on PC for a while now. Of course, I have a 360 sitting on a shelf next to me, but I don't like turning it on. ><
Rask  +   628d ago
F*ck Microsoft
lastofgen  +   628d ago
in regards to this particular piece of news...why?
mandf  +   628d ago
only on 360 is a lie. I think he fells betrayed. It's like Mario or Gow going multiplat.
Oh_Yeah  +   627d ago
Looks like xbox only has 1 exclusive franchise now lol.. Forza, all the others are on steam. Xbox 360 has officially been dubbed, Forza box.
#10.2 (Edited 627d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(8) | Report | Reply
Wow! These tend to be true!! Glad pc gamers get the best halo multiplayer! Hope they get to run their own servers!

lol if MS said only for windows 8 they would get hacked..
#11 (Edited 628d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
lastofgen  +   628d ago
heck, i'd love that. that way, halo 3 will last for a very long time, just like halo ce mp.
FlyingFoxy  +   628d ago
if you like shooting at things forever to kill it sure, in reality the series is stale and repetitive.
Gawdl3y  +   627d ago
High player health is a good thing, as it requires more skill; you have to stay on target, and hit the shots. With low player health in games like COD, it is way too easy to just spray and hit a few bullets and get a kill.
Gamer1982  +   627d ago
Wont be W8 only as its coming to STEAM. They will announce this at E3 no doubt.
thezeldadoth  +   628d ago
microsoft should have done halo 4/windows 8 like they did with halo2/vista. maybe they still will.
FriedGoat  +   627d ago
Yeah, continue the trend of forcing people to buy the crappest OS if they want to play halo. I'll just wait for the windows 7 patch or just wait until windows 9 when they realise people want their desktop to be primary, not secondary to a crappy casual touch interface.
thezeldadoth  +   627d ago
nobody is forcing you to do anything. It would be a secondary option aside from playing it on 360, they wouldn't have to port it at all if they don't want to. Secondly, a lot of games run faster on windows 8, it boots faster, and after a few days of tinkering, its not even very different than using windows 7. It just has a stigma attached to it and most people that complain about it haven't even used it.
FriedGoat  +   626d ago
I have it on one of my PC's. I was just saying, they force you to use metro as default, There is no option to change it. ITS FORCED.

As was halo 2 being a VISTA+ only title when it wasn't necessary.

You can pretend that Microsoft aren't into slimy business practices all you want, but they are, and thank GOD nobody is buying windows 8, teach them a damn lesson to mess with my desktop.

PS, I don't want to have to "tinker" to get my computer to function like a PC not a F-ing tablet.
DivineAssault  +   628d ago
why buy the nextbox when steambox will have damn near all its games? Idk if MS can innovate or get enough exclusives to survive the nx gen battle.. we will see i guess..

I used to love 360 when they had exclusives like Lost odyssey, tales of vesperia, bioware titles, platformers like the launch game kameo, etc.. After it went to kinect only exclusives with halo here gears there, i was done with them.. I paid for XBLG for 3 years & gave up.. Perfect dark was better than the crap rare puts on kinect.. Im sony only now & until they get exclusives i like again
yourfather  +   628d ago
Only crazy level fanboys would care Halo 3 port to PC after over 5 years
5 years,not months,why can't give PC gamer a ending?
kwyjibo  +   628d ago
Fez and Dyad would be insta-buys for me.

Halo 3 will end up being Windows 8 only, so I'll ignore it totally until Microsoft row back on all their Metro touchscreen bullshit in Windows 9.
BitbyDeath  +   628d ago
Didn't think Valve were big supporters of Win8?

kwyjibo  +   627d ago
That's not going to stop them selling games. If a developer makes a game Win8 only, Valve aren't going to reject it.
RuleofOne343  +   628d ago
I hope they rethink this , but if they must move forward I hope it a Windows8 exclusive thing sold Thur their game store on the OS. why help that fat bastard make money when all he did was bad mouth the OS before release & now they want to help him make money off their product I say to hell with Tubby . Hell put it on Origin help them make money & better establish themselves.
Plagasx  +   627d ago
I think they'll release it but it'll only run on Windows 8 lol.
bocajbee  +   627d ago
Halo 3?

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGHHHH.
bocajbee  +   627d ago
*Shut up and take my money
Doctor_Freeman  +   627d ago
Yeah I first heard about this on SPUF, great news.
landog  +   627d ago
it'll run on windows 7 too, but they may cut vista and xp support, it'll require dx11 too

it will be nice to see a current gen halo game NOT covered in jaggies and artifacts, i'll buy it as long as its around $29.99
sdplisken  +   627d ago
god damn microsoft thats pathetic
Bladesfist  +   627d ago
What is pathetic? I'm confused.
sdplisken  +   627d ago
360 has no games and now its a fact

just ask people who own a pc and 360 and they will agree with me
Bladesfist  +   627d ago
I enjoyed Halo 3, I like the semi open environment gameplay and would not mind giving it another go.
Mathew9R   627d ago | Spam
MuhammadJA  +   627d ago
I would play Halo on the PC. BUT, if G4WL is involved, they can forget it.
N0S3LFESTEEM  +   627d ago
*Spoiler*

Keith David voices the Arbitor :OOOOO
Nac  +   627d ago
Only on Xbox*

*For a time.
Sargerus  +   627d ago
Take my monies, all of them!!
newsguy  +   627d ago
a little late, no?
NiteX  +   627d ago
Id buy Halo on steam. Always thought it would be exclusive to the GFWL market though.
bennettangeli76   627d ago | Spam

You Can Now Get Retro Gaming Socks

12m ago - More gaming merchandise that's a little different from the norm is starting to pop up online, the... | Culture

8 Ways to Know if Beyond Earth Is for You

25m ago - Yami from Twinfinite writes: "If you can stick with Beyond Earth, you’ll find a new game to spend... | PC

Tons of Smash Bros. Wii U screenshots

25m ago - Nintendo released a massive amount of screenshots from Smash Bros. Wii U. | Wii U

The Dangers of Speaking about GamerGate

1h ago - People that are involved in the game industry will have surely heard about the movement known as... | Culture

iCreditCardNow.com

Now - Quickly locate just the right card for you. | Promoted post

Digimon vs Pokemon – fight

1h ago - Dorit Vaknine likes Pokemon. Dorit also likes Digimon. Which is better though? There's only one w... | Culture